• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
I swam competitively for.... 7 or 8 years, so I'm a very strong swimmer.

However, I am still utterly terrified of exceptionally deep water, or water where you can't see the bottom. (Lakes, Oceans once you're away from shore, Rivers)

Going down this pipe to the boss fight, I damn near had an anxiety attack, because this is EXACTLY the kind of thing that terrifies me. Like, if you were to make an underwater version of Amnesia and told me you'd pay me a million bucks to complete it, I don't know if I'd mentally be able to handle it. Freaking 'Amnesia: Marianas Trench' would be one game I could never finish.

I have the same fear, only I'm exceptionally terrified up of open-water in general, whether it be in video games or in real life. I look at an ocean and shivers go down my spine, if I can't see land then I start to freak out. I'm okay with closed-in water though, like a pool or a lake or something, deep water doesn't scare me as long as I know what's in it, but the idea of swimming in what seems like the unknown could give me nightmares. You ever want to see me have a panic attack, but don't live close to any open-ended water, like an ocean? Make me do a water mission in any video game.

This whole fear derived from the time I played Jak and Daxter at a young age and managed to have a thrilling experience of a giant shark-like thing that swallows you ****ing whole as a heart-beat sound effect plays as it gets closer to you.

However, there's an opposite effect when it comes to heights, like in a video game. I love being really high up and usually just jumping off to my death and then laughing about it, but I get really nauseous about being high up in real life (which is probably why I don't like rollercoasters).

Last edited:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Dude tbh, I have swam since I was 5 years old, but even then deep water can scare me since, "what if a shark hits me?"

I get you here, but it is only because my life philosophy is life my life so if I die young I do not regret it kind of thing, but even then, ya know I get you here. Every year I go up north to have a vacation up around Minocqua WI, I worry about the deep water. I know the worst out there is a Muskey but even then, I get the same feeling of worry there. I'm Ok with going out here after telling myself this, even if it is hard a lot.

I am a ****ing coward irl but, if I am I try my best to fight back when I can against these fears. Raz, as a Swimer I get it but even in Canada I do not think you have anyting to worry about in lakes, unless your in that huge bay up north of where Nova Scota is even then I would say you are safe there.

This is my best attempt to help you here on this topic, if not talk to me on skype about this. I get you completely on this here it is only because I am slightly not caring of myself I don't care if I go out far in oceans or lakes if you get me here.
While I appreciate your concern, Ruy, it's not something I'm really trying to overcome, because I can avoid those situations quite easily. Not exactly a life-changing thing, just something that makes me scared.

Like, I can go swimming in a lake at a dock party or something if it comes to it, it just makes me a bit nervous, and I try not to look down into the water, lest I start to get anxious.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247

Hey folks.

We currently need a replacement for @ Xatres Xatres as England, who has auto-surrendered as a result of disappearing off the face of the Earth and missing two moves.

England is not in a GREAT position, but is still relevant to the game. Any takers to replace in?

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Have you ever wanted to know the sensation of playing a death game where luck would decide your own fate? Have you ever wondered what the taste of cold steel wrapped around your lips would taste like? Does your life suck and you just want to put a bullet through your ****ing head? Then join soup's mini game Russian Roulette! Feel the excitement of reenacting the idea of suicide with the family! It's fun for all ages, and sure to be a hit at parties!

Last edited:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352

Hey folks.

We currently need a replacement for @ Xatres Xatres as England, who has auto-surrendered as a result of disappearing off the face of the Earth and missing two moves.

England is not in a GREAT position, but is still relevant to the game. Any takers to replace in?
I can give it a shot.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
i like that new avatar, NH :woman:

[2:33:12 PM] DRB | Raziek: No Hetero is a pretty top tier hydra
[2:33:22 PM] DRB | Raziek: and by that I mean "Gay Nabe"
[2:33:34 PM] DRB | Raziek: because Marshy isn't that clever lol

Last edited:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
The context to that is that I meant "clever enough to make those jokes". It's also obvious because there's capitalization.

Marshy is obviously a smart guy, just not in the gay puns kinda way. <3

BarDulL

Town Vampire
marshy has an image to protect. nabe, on the other hand...

i wish i could like my own posts. <3 nabe

Last edited:

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I've never had any kind of fear of the water that I can recall. I've swam like a fish since I was a kid. I never had a pool, but my neighbors across the street had a daughter my age, and a son my sister's age, and an above ground pool. They were also really cool about letting the neighborhood kids over to swim any time we wanted. Whenever we took vacations, swimming in the hotel pool was always a big treat. When we'd go up north to see my cousins, they owned a bit of private beach on their property. They also had a boat, and I have vague memories of when my dad owned a boat when I was really little (we didn't have it for super long tho. The old adage is that the happiest days of owning a boat are the day you buy it, and the day you sell it). All of this was fresh water stuff, with no fish around or anything. I loved being in the water, no matter how deep. The deeper, the better. We'd see who could go down to the bottom, and stay there the longest.

My parents also had some friends who owned property on the water, and we'd go swimming there on occasion. Their property was on a river, which led out to a larger body of water. They have a dock in their back yard, and a lot of other people in the neighborhood had boats and ****. That was not so fresh water, there's a lot of wildlife in that water. You can bait a hook and fish off the dock in their back yard. I recall being slightly freaked out by swimming in that water. We did not swim to the bottom, and hang out with the fish and seaweed and ****.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
twitch plays pokemon pinball is just incredible. (currently on the tpp channel)

I mean, it's probably indistinguishable from a RNG playing pokemon pinball, but that's part of the charm.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Maybe because his avi is FE related and it noticed that and was like

"WOW BRO. LET ME HELP YOU"

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
In "Personal Details" set your Smash 4 main.

In "Preferences" choose to display that character behind your posts.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
It's like the Premies are the DigiDestined and they all just found their partners.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Can't wait to see that sweet bod behind some posts, amirite?

Top Bottom