• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Someone already did it, but I poorly took out the text and links because I really hate watermarks on images.

hey where'd you get this picture of circus

where can i get more

Last edited:

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
yo ******

me and dabdab have stolen collaborated on a game called resistance: http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/41114/the-resistance. hes hosting it. basically its a variant of kingmaker with 5 to 10 players and ima type out a simplified version here so its easy to understand

theres 2 teams randomly assigned. the resistance vs spies. surprise! uninformed majority vs informed minority

1. the game starts with the first player to sign up being king in the assign phase. he has 24 hours to make a team (the size of which is dependent on how many are playing) to execute the mission. more on that further down

2. next is the deliberation phase. it is publicly stated that the king wants whichever players to go do the mission. at this point ****** vote and discuss why they believe those players should go or not. they have 96 hours to pm the mod whether or not they approve the team or not. at the end of this period it is publicly stated which person voted what. if the team is rejected then the next king is up to bat and make a team. if the team is approved then...

3. the game undergoes the execution phase. this means the ****** on the team choose to either succeed in the mission or fail. if everyone votes succeed then the resistance win the round. if x amount of votes (again dependent on the phase and how many players are in the game) to fail the mission are sent then the spies win the round. first team to take 3 rounds wins

some things yall should keep in mind

- players are allowed to post during both the assign/deliberation phase. innocents should take advantage of discussion and try to influence the king to put innocents on the team

- the deliberation phase is the most strategic part of the game and the meat n potatos of identifying scumbags. why does ryker want laundry on the team when swiss is so much likelier to be innocent based on past mission results and the teams he has been pushing? why is the king putting ****** who failed a mission before on the team now? why does jerkus assert that he be on the team so much?

what im tryna say is that this game is gonna have a lot of swag and yall should play. its a nice change of pace from mafia (unfortunately you cant really hardbody people in this game just cockblock) and isnt an a game so actually stands a chance of finishing. so who would be interested in doing this ****? doesnt have to be in the immediate future im just gauging interest here

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
2 hours of sleep to finish a mid term paper, **** yeah!
Bro, I got one hour of sleep (I was supposed to, but got like 2 instead and didn't get time to study). I had one midterm, that I didn't even mostly study for. WHEE. Then finished a policy brief.

So all in all, give me a high 5.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Woke up at 5AM and got ready for a swimming test today. I was all like, "oh yeah, I got this" and ended up with a barf bag 5 minutes after. I was so lightheaded and felt really pale for almost an hour, and the aftertaste made it even worse. My heart was pacing really fast while I try to calm myself.

**** sucks; I was almost about to ask the trainer to call 911, but I didn't even want to talk or do anything.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
But after all that happened, I asked if there was any other job opportunities, and the next thing I know is that I was immediately hired without interview.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
You live in Florida dude, you gotta know ow to swim!

Sucks to hear though. Maybe lifeguard really isn't the job for you then?

Edit: Ninja'd me. What's the new job you got instead?

Last edited:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I lived in Florida and never knew how to swim and still don't.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
But after all that happened, I asked if there was any other job opportunities, and the next thing I know is that I was immediately hired without interview.
Man. So that means you are gonna barf at work and call for 911 FOR YOURSELF while some poor kid is waving for help in the distant wavy corner of your eye?

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I might be, I might not.

They said I make okay strokes and etc, but I mostly lack on breathing control. They asked me to try again as I have a good chance of being a "shallow water attendant", which is like a lower grade level of a lifeguard. For now, I'm just a food/beverage cashier.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Swim gang: you're a low level swim grunt that doesn't even go into the water
Vinyl: I'm ok with this!
*low ambitions*

Last edited:

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Man, I think I'd stick to the cashier gig if the pay is decent. No responsibility bigger than making correct change and you don't have to clean yourself up after work.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Man, I think I'd stick to the cashier gig if the pay is decent. No responsibility bigger than making correct change and you don't have to clean yourself up after work.
Except being blamed for the money going missing. Happened to my sis one time.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
It's 8 bucks per hour, methinks. I also think I have admission to theme parks, but that's a stretch. I'm doing a 9-3 shift, but I might end up doing two shifts sometimes.

Now all I need to do get a driver's license and then I'm set. This also means I probably won't be attending full sail as much as I can, plus I'm paying loans? Idk, and Idc as long as I'm properly paying what's needed to paid.

I'm just so focused into raising for what I'm really wanting to aim for, except it's a lot more than one thing.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
That does kind of blow my mind. Like, I took swimming lessons at one point in my youth, but I already knew how to doggy paddle before that. At no point in my conscious life have I ever been in danger of drowning, simply because I was in water. Like, if I take my dog, and hold him over water, you can watch his instincts kick in as he begins paddling furiously, before he even touches the water. He's never been swimming before. It's kind of weird to me that humans don't have that.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Why? As a species, we've always settled near water. Evolution dictates that we were in the water before we were on land. Why did we forget that, when dogs and cats and **** haven't?

Come on, it's a little weird.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Why? As a species, we've always settled near water. Evolution dictates that we were in the water before we were on land. Why did we forget that, when dogs and cats and **** haven't? Come on, it's a little weird.
I can't navigate the waters without bringing my flagella, not to mention my over sized glutes reflect my new bipedal life style.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think it's literally just that people who never have assume it's hard for some reason, over-think it and panic as soon as they get in the water. Which is just about the only thing you can do to make swimming hard on yourself. Even if you aren't graceful, basically as long as you keep your lungs full of air you can "swim" without ever even moving your body by just being buoyant. It's the people who instinctively flail and gasp for air that get into the most trouble.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
as a child i had asthma (technically still do but it's practically non-existent now, haven't had to use an inhaler in like 7+ years) but i did not feel any distinct difficulty derived from it when trying to swim.

honestly if you go into a shallow pool and walk slowly around/try floating i'm sure you can get the hang of it fairly quickly

Last edited:

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
As a child I remember the biggest obstacle was the fear. It's just weird not having your feet touch solid ground. Even after I learned to swim (was lucky enough to have a private swim tutor) I refused to go into the deep end of any pool I ever got into for the longest time. One day though I just manned up and started to swim to the deep end, no trouble. Looking back on it it was stupid easy.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
As a child I jumped on my uncle's back as he made his way into the open sea. It felt like I was non-existent to his larger frame (he was a lineman). He told us we were going to walk all the way around until we came back from the other side. However, I got too jittery when we got a little too deep and my uncle probably was having problems with me climbing all over him as we continued to get to the deep end. We turned back, however I wonder how much deeper we would have gotten if I just manned up.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I swam competitively for.... 7 or 8 years, so I'm a very strong swimmer.

However, I am still utterly terrified of exceptionally deep water, or water where you can't see the bottom. (Lakes, Oceans once you're away from shore, Rivers)

Going down this pipe to the boss fight, I damn near had an anxiety attack, because this is EXACTLY the kind of thing that terrifies me. Like, if you were to make an underwater version of Amnesia and told me you'd pay me a million bucks to complete it, I don't know if I'd mentally be able to handle it. Freaking 'Amnesia: Marianas Trench' would be one game I could never finish.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I swam competitively for.... 7 or 8 years, so I'm a very strong swimmer.

However, I am still utterly terrified of exceptionally deep water, or water where you can't see the bottom. (Lakes, Oceans once you're away from shore, Rivers)

Going down this pipe to the boss fight, I damn near had an anxiety attack, because this is EXACTLY the kind of thing that terrifies me. Like, if you were to make an underwater version of Amnesia and told me you'd pay me a million bucks to complete it, I don't know if I'd mentally be able to handle it. Freaking 'Amnesia: Marianas Trench' would be one game I could never finish.

Dude tbh, I have swam since I was 5 years old, but even then deep water can scare me since, "what if a shark hits me?"

I get you here, but it is only because my life philosophy is life my life so if I die young I do not regret it kind of thing, but even then, ya know I get you here. Every year I go up north to have a vacation up around Minocqua WI, I worry about the deep water. I know the worst out there is a Muskey but even then, I get the same feeling of worry there. I'm Ok with going out here after telling myself this, even if it is hard a lot.

I am a ****ing coward irl but, if I am I try my best to fight back when I can against these fears. Raz, as a Swimer I get it but even in Canada I do not think you have anyting to worry about in lakes, unless your in that huge bay up north of where Nova Scota is even then I would say you are safe there.

This is my best attempt to help you here on this topic, if not talk to me on skype about this. I get you completely on this here it is only because I am slightly not caring of myself I don't care if I go out far in oceans or lakes if you get me here.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
As a certified scuba diver, I can confirm that open water is ****ing terrifying. Like drop off, I mean. I've been around reefs and stuff where it's not too deep (a few tens of meters or so), and we hang around the ocean floor looking at stuff.

But the drop off, man. Just seeing it is dldhabsnshsjshsnajwhsbskhsvenfjfjspapqiqugegbntmxgtzujakakwmemrntbyvcuxbtkfldpz

Tangent: barracudas are ****ing scary as ****, too. Saw two when scuba diving once. They just sit in the water and watch you. They don't move. They don't swim around. They float in place. And they watch.

Last edited:
Top Bottom