• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DG Interview Thread: Walrus? Toasted

RPS

• Total voters

Purple

Hi guys!
From my experience in mafia, Metagaming tends to have truth to them. How do you feel about metagaming; do you use it in your common gameplay, do you think it shoudl steered away from?

Do you remember your first game playing forum mafia? How did it go?

How did your first scum game go? Town game?

You're playing a mafia game that has 2 scum, seven mafia. Name your dream mafia game.

X1-12

Smash Champion
Which player has most surprised you since joining DGames?

Which player has most surprised you recently?

Who's your favourite new wave DG'er, and what do you think about the influx of new faces we're getting?

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
How many hours of World of Warcraft do you play daily?

What is your favorite video game?

Fill in the blank space with the first thing that comes to mind:
"I was walking up to the barber shop when a ______ attacked a civilian.

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
What's the trick to transition from "I'm going to run an adventure game" to getting one going? I see a lot that get well into their planning stages, or even start for a little while, but so few have really gotten going. What mistakes do you think other potential adventure game mods might be making that keep their games from starting? What advice would you give them to get their games prepared not only to be fun, but to actually happen?

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer

What is your favorite video game?

Fill in the blank space with the first thing that comes to mind:
Do you play Mafia? >>

I'm just curious, cause you came from no where lol

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
What's your favorite type of bear?

You're known for making some pretty epic posts when it comes to mafia. This might sound like a weird question but, how long do you spend, on average, on a single *big* post? How do you manage it without getting lost in your own wording?

If you could take any person in the world (a politician, an actor, a scientist, a friend of yours, ect.) that doesn't play mafia/adventure games and get them to play in an adventure game, who would it be? What about mafia?

Namaste

Smash Apprentice
In twenty words or less, write out why you think you would/wouldn't survive a Zombie apocalypse and the reasons for your choice

If you were at a meet up with DGers when Zombies attack, who would you want to be there with you to help survive? Elaborate as you see fit

In a followup to the above question, please explain why you chose Rockin as the person you'd throw to get ***** to death by leather chap-wearing zombies, as well as why you seem to think zombies would be wearing leather chaps?

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
In case of a zombie apocalypse, what would you do with namaste (that guy above me)? Keep him or make him chow?

Matunas

I'm a monster!
BRoomer
NNID
Matunas
If you were to go into a team based adventure game what 4 people would you want with you and why?

Who is your greatest arch nemesis?

Have you ever stopped a tank with your bare hands?

Clownbot

Smash Lord
What were your favorite moments and characters/character interactions from both Pen & Sword games? Anything that you would have liked to see happen that didn't?

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Have you ever played mafia on another forum? If so, do you like it more on other sites or on here the best?

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
when is this interview going to happen
It HAS been happening for the last few days.

Instead of trying to give me a nice few detailed words, ALL of his posts are effing detailed It's so thick, it could choke a female english teacher. LOL

If we're lucky, it should be done later tonight. then I'll just begin fixing it up and such lol

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
have you ever seen EE make a short post anywhere?
The Lonely Island Mafia.

All of his posts seeme to be about the same length as average players.

Then I saw him a bit more wordy in Mega Mafia, but it wasn't that big of a deal.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Okay

interview is FINALLY done and over with, but I gotta fix it up nice and pretty-like. I'll have it up most likely by tomorrow

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Many know this man as the canadian manly hero of DG. Others know him as a very intellectual Mafia player and enough words to back it up (Litterally!). Known for modding both the popular 'The Fog' and 'Batman: We Own The Knight,' here's Evil Eye!

WARNING: This interview is freaking long. I encourage a sandwich and a drink for this interview.

------------------------

Thank you for doing the interview. How do you feel?

How did the "punch in the ****" response that we've all come to know so well come to be?

Heh, that was actually a pretty recent thing. I mean, all over the internet you'll see joking comments to a situation like "punch him/her [in the ____]" and **** like that, and I started to realize it's like the ultimate form of conflict resolution. Then I was in a skype call once, and someone was having problems with like, a parent or somethin' like that. Anyway I told them to punch him in the ****, and afterward I realized how funny that really sounds as serious advice, so I kept saying it.

[collapse=Does your interest lie more in Adventure games or Mafia?]

Well, that's an interesting question, because I love both types of games for entirely different reason. Mafia's better if you have less time to commit, and the appeal for me there is trying to get a bead on people's intentions, drawing connections, stuff like that. It's the detective work aspect of it that I love, that's why I always get way more into a game after we have scumflips on the table. As scum I enjoy the subterfuge of it, watching all my bull**** spin webs, stuff like that. My playstyle works pretty well for both factions as long as I'm giving the game the attention it deserves, so yeah, fun stuff all around, there.

Adventure games, on the other hand... well there's a lot of overlap. You need to find out whom your friends are, if anyone, feel them out, gauge how much responsibility you can entrust them with. But there's that whole other layer that comes from being able to just kill someone on the spot if you find them suspicious enough, generally being able to make independent actions no matter whom you are makes such a huge difference on the whole dynamic. And the aspect of diving into a character and playing the games, that gives it this final layer that I really love. I don't think I get quite as into it as Tom but it's a lot of fun to just lose yourself in a character and dig into the world of the games. It's almost poignant, sometimes. gnomesayin? I dunno, I think I'd give AGames just the slightest tilt over mafia... though it'd be easier to say if someone other than me would run the damn things![/collapse]

Who do you feel can actually run an Adventure Game?

I think you just need a certain combo of spare time, a good sense of prioritization/scheduling, and a huge gift for thinking on your feet. Obviously Eor has shown that he can do this. Tom is great at the worldbuilding element and the actual moderation, but seems to be trying to find his feet in regards to actually getting a game off the ground, out of that preliminary phase. Mashad is kind of lazy, but if he gets inspired enough to break off of that shackle I think he'd do a great job with one. Virg has run a few games, and he wisely doesn't do them unless he has the time for them. Medi has kind of a combo of Tom and Mashad's issues, but if he could reconcile them I think he'd be the best AGame mod on the site.

Whats on DJ grizzle's turntables?

the Bear DJ is this dude that appeared at the end of the last episode of Half-Life: Full Life Consequences, during a dance-thing that was happening during the credits

(this is the link provided by EE) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULWgEnnmcv4#t=15m40s

[collapse=What do you consider Junglefever's greatest bungle of all time?]

Heh it's hard to pick just one case of bunglefever! Let's see...

there was this one time I was modding a mini adventure game kinda thing where several players, including Jungle and Glyph, were doing kind of a hospital heist. The dynamic duo there were posing as security guards, and one of them came over and asked Glyph to help him check out a call that had come from upstairs. Jungle waited for them to leave and proceeded to steal some medicine. Sounds good so far, right? Except for the part where jungle quite literally radioed up to Glyph and told him to take out the guy he was with, or something roughly as or more obvious than that. He all but told him to MAKE SURE YOU KILL HIM REAL GOOD. Needless to say Glyph got arrested and got outa that situation by pure luck and gut reaction haha. Man there are other good ones though

in spidey mafia he was an SK that had hte power to go bulletproof at night if he wanted, sacrificing his kill in the process. He chose to kill on N1, and targeted the paranoid gun owner. Fun fact: They were Carnage and Venom, respectively

However my favorite one has to be The Lonely Island Mafia. He and Rockin were in a neighborhood kinda dealy, and Rockin was the mafia RB. Jung was, I believe, just a VT other than the mason.Somehow, he let Rockin talk him into fakeclaiming doctor, to fish out the real doctor. Rockin didn't even hide his objectives there, he LITERALLY told him they should fish out the doctor and got jungle to fakeclaim it. People of course saw the rampant scumminess of jungle's actions, and lynched him...which is where the secret lover-link came in, and killed Rockin as well. I think that's his greatest bungle. It's like, he failed SO hard that he tore a hole in the fabric of spacetime, creating a black hole, and vacuumed rockin with him into this kind of singularity of failure, where the failure was so dense and compact it wrapped back around and became a GOOD thing. I doubt he'll top that one![/collapse]

[collapse=What goes into creating an adventure game, as in, how do you plan for all the possible character interactions at the start?]

Heh that's a lot more off the cuff than people probably think. Generally I get the concept, and the basic game mechanics and such, down first. Then I start thinking of characters... I just kind of start with the mentality of "oh, that would be cool" and go from there.

Usually when designing the game I get a bunch of characters that HAVE to be in. Like, in The Fog, I had a big cast of characters from the film itself to work with, so that was logical enough to put in. Then I thought of original characters that would fit the Fog-verse I'd been extrapolating. Then in Batman, well obviously you need Batman, and the Joker. Then because I had the mechanics of the game down (supervillains and organized crime vs Gotham City) I knew I needed a Gordon and a Harvey Dent as well. Then the crime syndicates you see in the movies, Falcone, Gambol, the Chechen. Then I started adding various villains, classic Batman villains like the Riddler or Mr Freeze, then even more obscure ones like the Penny Plunderer if I had a good use for them. Then I'd think back and make sure the characters had an interesting synergy to them, some would be likely to work well together, some would be likely enemies, some would have an interaction that defies label. And I'd drop the characters and game elements that didn't add to this atmosphere, that were just kind of taking up space. The best example was ditching Prometheus (or is it Prodigy? Can't remember) and replacing him with The Wrath, who was a similar but far more interesting character.

I'm glad Tom was such a good Catwoman, as I needed more utterly neutral parties to shake the game up. Disappointed that Anarky's player didn't work out. Basically you want the concept, the setting, and the mechanics down first. What's the theme of this game? Where and how will it be played? What will people be trying to do? Then you find characters that will make it play out in as interesting a manner as possible. Think of it like you're planning improvised theatre, or something. And make sure every character has a way to be on an even keel with the others, as long as the player plays well enough.[/collapse]

[collapse=One or few of the characters that came to be was Terry. Any idea how this came to be or was it thought up on the spot? Also, why the secretcy with this character (as well as other possibles too)?]

How did I think of Terry Gilliam? Well, that's someone I had in mind all along. Basically Rockin was playing Terry McGinnis, but I of course changed the name to avoid meta BS. Basically it was a gameplay mechanic I was thinking of -- what happens if Batman dies? Had that in mind all along, the idea was that he'd be running about acting as a minor vigilante and hopefully getting in touch with Batman, building up his skills and taking on the cowl if Scav, Batman's player, died.

But things took a weird turn as the character grew out of being just a nameswap for Terry McGinnis and became more of his own guy. Then when it came down to it, he was trusted enough to put on a supersuit before any tragedies, and he became the boy wonder, haha. It's kind of funny how that worked out. It's like we collaboratively created our own, original Robin, for WOTK. The secrecy was basically the idea that, if someone wasn't a high-profile character, there shouldn't be any meta on the part of the players that they are any more important than another random John Q Public they see on the street. It gave Rockin/Terry a freedom to roam the streets as a civilian and do some detective work without being tagged or followed. This secret mechanic also applied to Alfred, who was played by Matunas until Tuna disappeared.

There were more potential secret characters, as well. Basically, I had about eight to twelve people in my Gotham City that were ordinary civilians, but also the kind of people the Joker of The Dark Knight talked about, the kind he felt were inside everyone. Just waiting for an excuse to become flamboyant murderers, and whatnot. Only two were discovered -- one was a girl that worked at a music store, and who ultimately became Firefly, and got a player. She was mentored by the Penny Plunderer.

The other was a gangster named Iannucci, nicknamed "Dean". He was a tech expert, and he ended up being one of the Joker's lieutenants, and eventually his right hand man. By the end of the game he was pretty close to breaking the boundary of insanity that gets someone into player character territory, and he likely would have become Professor Pyg (suggested by Eor). The rest went undiscovered and are lost in my notes somewhere, heh[/collapse]

If you could improve something about Batman, what would it be?

Haha, a bunch of ****.

For starters, I'd have cast Tuna as Gordon right off the bad, because I'm pretty damn sure that guy could actually BE a detective, if he wanted to. He was utterly amazing. The thing about Lombo is that he was truly great at the stuff you actually see Gordon doing in the movies and whatnot, like arresting people, planning stings, kickin' *** and all that. But he wasn't very good at the detective element and missed a lot of leads, and he never really diverted resources or anything like that. So I'd probably also add more player characters on the police force, in particular Hugo Flass (Gordon's partner) and Harvey Bullock. One of the two being whom I'd have cast Lombo as instead.

Also, if I had to do it all over again, I think I'd have cast Mashad as Batman. Not because Scav wasn't a great Batman -- he really was. But his activity just really torpedo'd a lot of things. My objective in casting Scav was to find someone that would be a good Batman, and think like Batman, but wouldn't just lift the comic books in becoming him. This was an idea I'd gotten after Virg rejected the role, saying he wouldn't have time. But yeah, looking back on it all, Mashad had the kind of activity you'd need from a really good Batman, and more importantly the resolve to stay that way. Scav would, of course, be a great Riddler, and the role would suit his activity level better. Lastly I'd probably try to find a player for Anarky that would actually play the damn game heh

When the hell are you going to run something again?

Haha well I'm endeavoring to get Samurai Jack ready ASAP. I kinda got butt****ed by life for a little while there, to the point that the idea of sitting down and writing a bunch of role PMs and screencapping pictures just sounded impossibly tedious. I'm not feeling quite so burned out yet.

And... as it so happens, I have an adventure game that I've recently completely greenlit, and will be penciling it into my schedule around March or so!

Oh? What's this adventure game about?

Think of We Own the Knight. Subtract Batman. Scale down the villains into gritty serial killers that can't strain the laws of plausibility. Now add a larger player character police force composed of veteran players, the cream of the crop, who take on the tough jobs. Now add some more roles that flesh out the various dynamics of a dying metropolis. Now ratchet the crime up like 500% Stumped?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vN930tu3Gpg

Will you ever start Samurai Jack?

haha yes. Before mid-February -- the contract has been sealed.

Why did you make Sold2 rescue marshy?

It's been scientifically proven that Marshy's underage body causes Rockin to get erections, which in turn causes Rockin to lose some of his hair. The hair he loses during this process is effective in treating cystic fibrosis, and can also be sold at street vendors for upwards of forty dollars a lock, a common practice in inner city neighborhoods that reduces poverty. Basically, I did it for the children

Could you make a joke about Rockin?

I think I just did, but holy **** could I ever go on forever!

So what's the difference between Rockin and Bubba from Cell Block D? Sex with men isn't Rockin's only option; it's just the only one he's interested in!

What's your favorite smiley on SWF?

oh man it totally used to be :bee: It kinda gave me this serial killer and/or rapist vibe, something about its glee was so hilariously sinister. But then ZV ruined it, just like he ruins everything. Nowadays it's a two-way tie for 2nd place, with :mad: and :088: Then my favorite is :mad088:

How did Xiivi ruined it for you?

haha I'm not even sure if it was him but someone redesigned it and it just lost literally all of its charm :mad:

Where'd your name come from?

man this'd be an easier one with a time machine or something. But yeah I think I had just heard of the "evil eye", but instead of thinking of it like a PO'd glare or anything I thought of it more like some kinda voodoo ****, so I thought it'd be a cool name.

Before long people just started callin me EE though and it stuck.

[collapse=Have you ever done something serious like a fakeclaim just because it would be hilarious in a mafia game?]

hahaha, actually, yes. Just recently there was an LoD game, Shaq Mafia 2. There was a pretty scummy townie named Red Ryu, and Glyph, who was lookin pretty town to me, claimed vig, and that he'd tried to shoot RR the night before, but instead either Eric or Omni (both obvtown) had died in his place. He felt this was pretty obvious bus driver shenaniganry, and that it was protecting RR, who was a huge D1 target.

I admit, I wasn't really taking the game as MAXIMUM SERIOUS as a DGames game, so I just thought up all the scenarios for a bus driver and voted RR for the hell of it. I was a [weak] BG, so I could protect Glyph at night, and he'd have a good shot at killing mafia, so I figured odds were strong enough to go for it, and I was having too much fun in the process to care about the gigantic risk. Mafia was all CHALLENGE ACCEPTED and alpha striked RR.

Turns out they just had some broken mafia role that turns a townie into their slave and rewards dumb luck, but a proper redirector was also a possibility I hadn't considered that would have ruined my plan. Still, yeah, I was playin crazy because it was too darn fun to throw caution up in the air.

Also, I had given Glyph an FoS earlier. The real reason I did it was to throw faux-suspicion on him and let him (a slipped PR) perhaps live longer. But the reason I cited was that "suddenly you're the biggest gunslinger in town". When he later claimed vig, he claimed... Western Shaq. Realizing this, I decided that when it came down to it later on, I would claim Thief, rather than BG.

The strategic value of doing so as opposed ot my real claim was minimal, but again, it'd just be a really fun gambit to ride out. I was also gonna try to BS on somebody i was suspicious of (Hilt... actual mafia) and try to get a telling reaction out of him.[/collapse]

Why are you so damn good at everything? Can sold2 achieve(or receive!) a fraction of your powers?

I made a pact with Satan at an early age. Oddly enough, he's actually a polar bear with a snidely whiplash goatee and a top hat.

He specifically warned me, though, that if I were to bestow some of my greatness upon the Unclaimed, their testicles and/or breasts would explode instantaneously, and they would bleed to death, pulled onward to the great void of beyond.

Can you stop calling sold2 Soldie Locks?

No?

Also, I don't call him that! I just call him "Soldie", because his name is Sold2, and I call GoldShadow "Goldie". So yeah, deal with it

[n]What was your best played mafia moment? Favorite moment?[/b]

Best played? Haha, definitely Bioware's endgame, I think. I had pages and pages of notes on all the connections I'd noted from our scumflips thus far, and I literally stayed up all night long the day before the deadline rereading the thread and taking fresh notes. By the end of it, I managed to piece together that Gheb was the final, recruited bad guy. Gheb had played a tremendous game with the ballsiest fakeclaim I've ever seen, and we had Edreeses in there who was tunneling on Nix and Nix, who was the "agreed upon play" the Day prior. Nix didn't look great on that Day itself, either, but I did my detective work and pulled out the win. I still picture Gheb golf clapping while typing his concession post.

My favorite moment? For me personally, probably arguing up a storm with Rockin in Megamafia about how I was the watcher and he wasn't (he totally was). Or perhaps my very first game, Batmafia 1, where I got lynched on D1 as the jester. Or my first-ever guilty result on a cop investigation.

However, my favorite moment in the annals of SWF mafia in general? Four words:

"Actually, I'm the dayvig."

[collapse=What were your most memorable adventure game moments?]

Man... tons.

in The Thing, getting my first kill was kind of amazing. Scav and I had isolated this one guy, Palmer, played by Deathreaver1979 or something like that. We knocked on the door, waited for him to come in, then I just kicked the door down and we went on a stabfest. Afterward we cut him up and pulled out his intestines and stuff to make it look like a Thing got to him, then set him on fire so we could say we found him and burned him when he was in the middle of a transformation. Convincing frozenflame to knock out his own boss was pretty sexy, too.

In Infection there was one part where we were traveling down a river. We passed a boat with a guy in it, and a single bullet hole in the side of his lil' vessel. I got a bad feeling from this, and decided I should scout ahead. I took Mashad and Marshy with me, and McFox and Medi were going to scout the opposite bank if something happened. Then some of our NPC buddies were bringing up the rear... and I saw a sniper scope in the distance. This turned into all out war with the Bad Guys, and our plan managed to let us survive and guerilla this death squad of over a dozen guys down to nothing, without losing a single out of our guys and getting only minor wounds in the process. My sniper battle with two of the opposite guys was especially intense, as was finding out that McFox had executed one of the wounded snipers before he could get back to his rifle and shoot me.

On the flipside of things, there was one session where every bad thing that could possibly happen... happened. Lots of notable (and likeable) NPCs died, important people, and then Mashad's character got kidnapped. I remember how furious I was with what happened, and I practically had a nervous breakdown (not me, of course -- my character, **** Love) and asked the de facto leader of the guys we were with to kill me. He didn't, of course, and talked me down. If I'd died there, it would have a fitting end for Love, but his story lives on, I guess. Later on, I managed to communicate a bit with Mashad, who had killed a bunch of guards and managed to Metal Gear Solid his way out of the enemy base, and give us a bunch of valuable information. I felt ridiculously elated when he came up to us at the rendezvous point. Almost like I was actually there. I actually felt redeemed. That's why I love these games so much haha.

Also, basically everything I did in Medi's now-cancelled Sunca City adventure game. We'd created, I think, a pretty great character together. The Keeper. Think Superman, but less broken, and infused with a whole bunch of Batman inspiration. This dude with a bunch of Egyptian symbology and wrath, protecting the city and the people in it, dropping out of the sky. By far the most fun I've had in an adventure game. Also at one point I got to fight a guy named "Dove", whose power was that kinetic force can't hurt him so long as he can "slide". Since I had super strength, it was a lot of fun to fight a guy I didn't have to pull punches on. Ended up catching him by ripping a door off a car and slamming it down on top of him, then using lampposts to make a cage.

Also, I very briefly played Tom's X-Men game as Cable. I took on a bunch of Sentinels with a squad of guys, and managed to take them all down without a single casualty. It was really intense, really fun, and I felt really pleased and happy after I finished the session -- a real sign of good modding haha.[/collapse]

[collapse=What were your most upsetting mafia game moments?]

Haha... letting mechanics overtake All-Stars, for one. I'm still kind of baffled that I can look back on my thought process of a game and actually find myself saying that I think someone is scum (X1-12), so we should have the mason (Tandora/Praxis) investigate him. It felt like it made sense at the time, but I really think town could have pulled out that win without much trouble if we didn't let mechanics take the damn thing over. I love detective work with scumflips, and yet there I was neglecting them! NEVER AGAIN

Also, there was a game called SWFMafia, and I was the cop. On D1, I was suspicious of Matt, Mic# (especially him), and a few others. All of the scum were in this pile of people I didn't like. Mic# was one of them, and I had him locked in my sights, but I let an AtE-tastic response and a lot of johns cause me to second guess myself. So I let him off the hook, for the time being. N1, I wanted to investigate Matt, who was the mafia godfather it turns out.

But I got really busy, and missed the investigation. My next-in-line investigation would have been Scav, someone a bit lower on my scumdar (and also actual investigatable mafia). I was suspicious of him on D2, as well, but I still went with Matt on N2, getting the inno read. N3 I investigated Matunas, who had replaced Mic#, and he flipped guilty, but I got nightkilled.

The ball game could have been entirely different, obviously, if we had lynched Mic# day one, I investigated Scav N2, we lynched him D3 (I'd have just had to piggyback the solid case put forth by Chill on that day), then there'd probably be lots of connections to work on and etc, especially since I still didn't like Matt. It was just greatly upsetting because so much got ruined by my missing that one investigation. Also on D3 we lynched the mafia traitor, and I had to do an EEtastic scumhuntathon, and it didn't end up helping as I died N3 and then mafia alpha struck on D4. So yeah, just seeing all those reads and all that work go to waste... ugh[/collapse]

[collapse=Most upsetting adventure game moments?]

The death of those NPCs I mentioned in Infection2 was awful. One of them was Father Will, a leader of one of two big towns that were at war and that my PC buddies and I were reuniting against the Bad Guys. I'd talked to him for a really long time about the morality of what we were doing, what I'd been doing, and a lot of other things. And it actually helped. One of my most memorable moments, which I forgot to mention before. He was killed by one of the big superzombies that were like the Juggernaut basically, despite my best efforts and those of my buddies. Dr. Phibes, leader of the other town, was someone we'd had a rocky "can or can't we trust him?" relationship with, but had ended up proving himself to be a good man that we could trust... and he ended up getting infected in the process of the fight, and had to be executed.

Mashhad's kidnapping following that crap within literally minutes was the cherry on a **** sundae.

On a less serious note, there was a point in The Thing where I tried to frame Chill and get him locked up so Scav and I could kill him that night. The pieces were all in place, but nobody bit, sadly. Also, the player <3, a Thing, did a damn good fake death, and managed to pick the perfect opportunity to try to kill Scav, who was my character's brother. Clint Vevski. He barely survived the attack, and I never got my revenge.

There was a point in the Sunca game where as The Keeper I happened upon a bomb threat. I was leaping around on rooftops trying to find the guy that was calling in these threats, and when it seemed like I might catch him, he started a massive riot, which I guess was his ability. A fair number of people died, and I had to jump down there and start fighting the entire crowd to stop them from killing each other. The perpetrator of the terrorist act managed to ditch his phone in the chaos, and though he might have been caught in the process of investigation, he also might have ultimately gotten away with it. And I could have caught him if he had pretty much any power BUT that one. It sucked.

That reminds me of another favorite moment I forgot, though. Had a hostage situation at a bank with a really unstable and dangerous guy that had a sword that could cut through anything. I managed to spook him out with a bunch of "gasbangs" (flashbang + knockout gas + smoke), and he left without killing anyone. Then I gave chase and took him out with a manhole cover to the chest, then a kick in the head. I was so tense the entire time, sneaking around the bank, doing recon, and to save all of those people was a really good feeling. Incredibly well moderated by Medi, by the way. He kept the tension high, but the situation fair.[/collapse]

[collapse=Who were your arch enemies in notable Adventure games and why?]

Tricky question to answer since most of the games I've played either got cancelled or didn't have a big competitive dynamic, but I'll give it a shot! Also I guess I've had some NPCs that were just the worst.

In Infection2 I teamed up really early on and formed a mini-group with Mashad and McFox. I was **** Love, a police officer and Afghanistan war vet. Mashad was Hasan Mashhad (heh), a car salesman and former drug dealer. McFox was Robert Wilcox, a professor of religious studies from a nearby college. We later teamed up with Aric (a British soldier, Marshy/Macman) and Tom Hookton (an enginner, Medi). As you can imagine, we formed a hell of a team, especially as all of us were generally seasoned adventure gamers that make careful and optimized actions.

However there was a fly in that ointment, and her name was Ashley Wayne, played by Tom. She was a huge drug dealer, known as the "Snow Queen" in some metropolitan city, and she'd escaped captivity in all the zombie carnage. She had a peculiar fascination with me I couldn't put my finger on, as we met her when she was just riding a motorcycle and joined up with us, but we all grew suspicious of it as time went on. Generally she was just a total maverick that sought to harm the solidarity of the trust we'd placed in one another, and felt she had no accountability to anyone.

The examples are numerous. She had no patience to talk things over or think them through before doing them, and early on if we'd listened to her desires we'd have walked right into the bad guys' fortress and gotten killed. This just created a lot of friction in getting anything done. There are more dynamic examples, as well. During our first encounter with a Reaper, one of the "superzombies" of sorts, we all wanted to shoot it immediately. However, Mashhad fell out of the boat we were in, for whatever reason, and Wayne had the only other ranged weapon. As I dove to save him, we were yelling at her to shoot it but she just watched it, for some reason, as it jumped off the edge of the levy and came at us. Not long after that the Reaper flipped hte boat, and we all had to swim to the shore. The three of us made it on shore, but Wilcox didn't -- and got yanked other. I'd just seen the Reaper kill a man in seconds, so I was positive it was a lost cause, and Mashhad agreed. Despite obviously having no attachment to any of us, she dove in after him. Somehow Wilcox had managed to fight the Reaper long enough to survive, which didn't make much sense, but Wayne joined the fight and they cut one of its hands off to save him. She used this to further attempt to drive a wedge between us, but luckily McFox/Wilcox understood our position and still didn't trust her.

There was another guy in that game, Dr. Phibes, the leader of one of the two warring towns. He had a very checkered past, including a brief Army stint, and had a constant "can we trust this guy?" vibe, which I may have mentioned before. An NPC. It was a constant cat and mouse game as we knew he was hiding things from us, and wanted to control and regulate a lot of things. He had one main opposition named Konrad for leader, and when we met him in the town, Konrad agreed with a lot of the things we had to say. Just a few hours later, we got word that he'd been murdered, his throat cut.

Mashhad and I and I think one or two others from our group investigated his death until the circumstantial evidence made it pretty clear to us that Wayne had done it. A few sat on the location of his murder and the rest of us went to confront her by the docks, where she was apparently planning to leave anyway, probably before it traced back to her. She tried to turn it back on us, turn the town against us, but what we had to say was too solid, and she greater solidified our conviction of her guilt. Dr. Phibes sided with us, and had everything confiscated from her but the clothes on her back before exiling her out of the stronghold and into the main city -- a likely death sentence. We never heard of or saw her again.

Father Will, head of the other town, was kind of a mysterious figure for a long time that seemed like a bad guy, but it became clear to us the war was a misunderstanding, and he ended up being a really reasonable and helpful person. I still vividly remember putting a knife to Phibes's throat and then throwing him into a haybale, in view of Father Will, offering him. We were all chancing that they'd either work things out or Phibes would be as rotten as we suspected. They worked things out.

Two other NPCs that come to mind. One I won't name, but he seemed to be the Big Bad. He's the guy that beat the hell out of Mashhad and kidnapped him, and murdered Father Will seconds before. A tough ******* that seemed to have supernatural powers. And speaking of supernatural powers, I won't mention this other guy's name either, but we always called him "Jobin". This mysterious person who'd show up, try to sew seeds of distrust in us, and gradually revealed more and more supernatural abilities. He seemed to have taken a specific interest in our group, specifically ****ing with us as much as possible. In a recent confrontation he communicated to me that the only reason I was alive was because of him, because he "likes me", and that was rather disturbing, considering my character fell out of a helicopter like a hundred feet into a cornfield and woke up hours later, untouched by zombies. Father Will had a lot to say about this guy.

Infection1 I didn't get to play much of, and everyone I played with was a good guy, other than one very briefly encountered NPC. Though I will say two words vets of that game will remember with a shiver: Zombie Bear.

The Thing was interesting because Scav and I were bad guys, Clint and Dmitri Vevski. We were Soviet soldiers from the other base, where the Thing had been thawed out. We wanted to make damn sure the Things were all wiped out, but also wanted to kill all of the American soldiers and generally wipe out any trace that Mother Russia had done wrong. We did this by isolating frozenflame's character, who spoke Russian, early on and faking that we could only speak Russian. Got him to trust us. Killed Deathreaver earlier. Later on, however, <3 almost killed Clint/Scav, and it was even worse because although we fought him off, I never got to get my revenge on him. He basically did a really great fake death but went hogwild when we thought to test his body's blood for signs of The Thing.

Mediocre, who played Nauls the cook, was another main enemy of us. He was constantly wary of us, and made things even more difficult to organize, even when we were sincerely trying to just band together and fight the Thing, such as after <3's attack. However this also would have stopped a lot of our initiatives had the game continued that would be nefarious, as I was trying to sew seeds that would slowly separate the group into smaller groups that Scav and I could kill. He was someone I wanted to get out of the way, and yet he was such a vocal opposition I knew killing him early on was a bad move.

That's all I really got to play since I never encounter Apocalypse in Tom's X-Men game, but it bears mention that had Sunca City gone on, Marshy's character would have been a complete antithesis to mine. He had essentialy teleportation abilities, and his desire was to spread pain and chaos. Think Joker, but on crack, or something. Obviously this would go against the stuff I had built The Keeper to stand for, and his power (teleportation) would be a nightmare to fight when I only had my superstrength and some gadgets that augmented it. There was also an NPC I was working heavily on catching, and actually made serious headway towards doing so. "The Reaper", this odd figure that would appear as black smoke, then a Grim Reaper kind of figure and murder criminals with a scythe. I did a ****load of detective work to try to narrow the gap on him, and he ultimately took notice of me, and approached me, saying he would like to meet. By then I'd realized that the Reaper itself was just a tool the real perpetrator used, likely far away, so I simply agreed, and didn't try anything. Sadly, Medi cancelled the game after that session. I'll probably never stop wondering what would have happened if we met.

Also, if the terrorist from the riot I mentioned lived on, he definitely would have been right up there on my list.[/collapse]

[collapse=Who were your arch enemies in notable Mafia games and why?]

In Batmafia1 Scav was all over me for really dumb meta reasons, and I was antitown, so I was kinda cockin' an eyebrow at him through that whole period. Luckily, I was also a jester, so I was able to take it and run with it. Certainly an interesting rivalry to have.

Rockin in The Lonely Island was the worst. On day 1 I breadcrumbed a power role (I was just a VT/tracker miller) to see if I could soak up a bad mafia power or kill. I did in fact get a mafia roleblock, and luckily Rockin was really un-subtle in his correspondence with me after the breadcrumb, so I knew it was him. I was all over his *** on... I think it was D2. D2 or 3. Tom was on him too, so that should have been a lock and a half since you know how we get on the scent. But Rockin just ate the roleblocker claim and found a few loopholes of BS to spin us, and we begrudgingly relented. That's one of those "couldashouldawoulda" things that I still think about.

Luckily I also managed to soak up a nightkill from Rockin, keeping Tom our tracker alive for a while (and getting me out of a game with Tom in it heading for endgame where I could be mislynched heh), but it's a minor revenge. Luckily Jungle did right by us by failing until his ship sank and the chains he had to Rockin took them both out!

Gheb in Bioware was a no-brainer as well. I've already talked about this game, but yeah, the town had talked out a mechanical plan that would have me shoot Soviet Coffee, the JoaT, and some other simple stuff. The important thing, though, is that we'd be going into an endgame mylo/lylo, and Nix (VT) was the person we'd be lynching according to The Plan. With his great play and great, balls-out claim Gheb seemed like a lock, and I'm impressed by his manoueverability. Catching him there was my proudest moment for sure.

Virg in Samuel L. Jackson Mafia 1 tunneled on me a lot and made it impossible to get a read on him, so we had a Cold War with one another going all the way to endgame. He later revealed it was a strategic thing meant to get him enough hate to survive as long as possible, as he was a Gun Dealer, and could hand out day kills to players he trusted at night. Quite a hassle to play at the time but in hindsight I dig it.

Macman was a nightmare in Megamafia. I was scum with mentos and Hando, and Hando was a total deadweight, but also Megaman, and mentos and I had cooked up a perfect alpha strike that required Hando's abilities. I think Macman had a whiff of the fact that people were trying to keep Hando alive, invisibly, and at one point on D3 he had all three of us pegged. I had to write like, a million books to convince Macman I was a legit watcher and keep the game from crashing down around us. It was persistently stressful and I kept refreshing furiously at times haha. It was made worse, of course, by the fact that Rockin was ccing me for Watcher and Macman kept wanting to believe him, so I had to constantly bludgeon Rockin away and try to redeem myself with mac at the same time.

McCloud wouldn't listen to Tom and my advice in Bad Idea Mafia 2 and then daykilled us like 24 hours into D2 without reading the thread >: (

Oh, and it seems to be a common ritual for KevBro and I to live to endgame and then have a knifefight, regardless of alignment. The most notable example as opposing alignments that I can think of is in Unintended Consequences, where we had a Town Census Taker give us a list of people showing X scum (and that number had died and flipped) and 1 indy. Kev was on the list, and insisting that we should lynch outside the census (me, Gheb, Sold2), presumably starting with Gheb. I noted that we shouldn't discredit the Census just because no scum were listed, as the indy could be SK/whatever and there could have been other shenanigans. KevMo feels this is a scumtell from me and gets all up in my face. Commence knifefight. KevMo backs down and we lick our knifewounds for a while as discussion goes elsewhere. Then he said something or other that set me off so I voted him and it rolled over to a wagon, and he flipped mafia godfather. I was thinkin SK or something, but ****, I'll take it! Still I wouldn't trade our knife fights for anything because we always seem to respect each other that much more after a game where it happens. [/collapse]

Who are you always wary of going into mafia games, and why?

KevMo because his posts have so little content. I don't mean that in a bad way, I mean that he plays the game by swagger and influence, rather than laying any of his cards on the table, word traps etc etc. It makes him incredibly difficult to read, and Marshy's the same way. They're both someone I always keep my eyes narrowed on.

Tom as well, for different reasons. Since he hates my playstyle so much he's likely to just discredit what I have to say or avoid dealing with me, which makes it difficult to wrangle a read out of him. We could begrudgingly compromise on things as townies, I assume, but the main thing that worries me is that as scum he'd probably behave the same way, and I don't think anyone would call him on it. So I could be a confirmed sane cop with a guilty on him and the Mafia Framer already dead and a Miller flipped, or something, totally resolute in my suspicions, and it would still be a nightmare to lynch him.

Gheb and mentosman both strike me as intelligent players that can post a lot of content with a total poker face. Tricky to read. Macman fits into the group of KevBro/Marshy, for these reasons, as well. And after TLI, I keep a close watch on everything Rockin does.

As scum I'm wary of all the same people because they're quite competent, intelligent, and persuasive. Except Rockin. Rockin's just gay.

Who are you always wary of going into adventure games, and why?

Tom, first, because he's so into his character that he will stay true to it, even if doing so becomes detrimental. In addition, he's one of the better adventure gamers and as such isn't someone you want against you. Mediocre is cautious and reserved at all times, and that makes it incredibly difficult to discern his true motivations in situations. Those rhymes were accidental but fully functional, and exceptional. Eor is a wily mother****er that I'd always have a difficult time trusting because, if he's not on the up and up, the moment you begin to trust him or trust that you understand what he's trying to do tends to be the moment you find yourself utterly boned, in some way or another. Mashad seems to seek information and power in every game, in every way possible, and is all about contingency options. Because of that I'm unlikely to cross him, and even less likely to step into his domain. Despite this we always seem to bro it up in these games, I guess we just think alike enough for that to jive.

Mac and Marshy, oddly enough, don't translate their hard-to-readness into the AGames. I feel like it's usually pretty intuitive, finding out whether you guys understand each other or not, when interacting them. They're subtle in how they communicate this but it seems quite deliberate.

Virg is someone to be respected, but I haven't seen the kind of impact he'll make in a game that he actually puts the time into yet.
frozenfarce (10:20:24 PM):

[collapse=What is your opinion and viewpoint on some of the new Adventure Gamers (such as Rockin, Omis,)?]

My opinion is that they should play more adventure games because they're ****ing awesome. However if you want specific thoughts on their play...

Rockin is quite good at combat, generally speaking. On occasion he'll slip up, but he usually holds his own in very bad situations. In what I believe was his second outing ever as Grizzwald (his character in The Fog), he was with the town taking on the game's final bosses of sorts. One was a nearly invincible Fog ghost. Technically it WAS invincible, but I had a good idea to deus ex machina it without the players being cheated of accomplishment -- basically, it had a 'health bar' of sorts, and they'd have to injure it a certain amount to trigger the event of its defeat, so it would take actual skill. They all fought quite well and managed to stay alive, and Rockin had an improvised plan that dealt out like half of the necessary damage. Shortly thereafter they took on a renegade soldier in a chopper, and it's the way Rockin positioned his NPC lieutenant (a sniper) that got things goin' good -- he picked the perfect spot for him and told him to take a shot at the broadside, which hit the pilot and brought the whole thing down. Rockin, Mashad and Pythag then confronted him and executed him.

As Robin Rockin also did very good in fights against Bane, Catwoman, dozens of rioters during the Scarecrow/Joker combo apocalypse, various gangsters, and the Joker himself, many times. Joker was often getting in his way of his work, but always managed to survive (though he also didn't catch him), and people that fought Eor in that game or watched him fight know what an accomplishment that is!

However Rockin's issue isn't combat. I've laid out why he's actually very dangerous in combat. His issue is in the mindgames element -- his gullibility. Though it is being worn down, slowly, it's still there. He's prone to trust nefarious NPCs and characters, in particular. Buying Eor/The Joker's sham career as a fake vigilante, well-executed though that plan was, sealed his fate in Batman. While confronting to arrest him, Rockin let Eor manipulate him into positioning himself right over an explosive, then tipped his hand by detonating as he dove into the sewers. Eor emerged as Rockin was horribly wounded, and bludgeoned him until he was knocked out. This is the time that Rockin's being fooled by someone didn't have a stroke of luck behind it, as quite often would happen. For example, during the Wayne Fundraiser fiasco, he let himself be seduced by the Catwoman, and she promptly tazed him into unconsciousness. Luckily for him, he was out of harm's way, and neither Catwoman nor The Riddler (who also knew that Robin was there) had any interest in him.

He also let the mysterious teleporting NPC I mentioned from Infection2... convince him to jump off of a cliff and into a ravine. Basically Rockin's a beast in combat but needs to work on the intellectual level of AGames, which is one of the most important elements of them, actually. This is getting too Rockin-centric though

Omis was really interesting as The Wrath. I think his inactivity was what really sank the boat for him, because like Hush (Pythag, a veteran), he was boned almost more by having inferior equipment than anything else. He was a monster, in particular, in hand to hand combat. I'd say he's by far one of the best at that. He escaped MCU because he had such an impressive and intuitive grasp of the martial arts/dodging/countering mechanics (which, users of such characters will know, requires a lot of skill and thought) that he was able to take down several cops while his hands were cuffed behind him. And I sure as hell wasn't going easy on him. He also fought Scav/Batman twice, and left his mark both times. In the first fight he had been ambushed while posing as a police officer, and thus only had what cops have available to him, and the environment. Wrangling that setback and uncooperative internet, he managed to burn Batman's hand, shoot him, and run him over. That was by far one of the closest moments where Scav came to death. That's standard combat though -- in hand to hand he is a true monster. He and Scav fought fair in full suit later on, though he still didn't have any gadgets and Scav kept trying to use his to get a cheap but practical win in. Omis kept surprising him, however, and actually had Scav vulnerable to a strike that would have won the fight at one point, but Gordon (played by Tuna, here) jumped in and was enough of a distraction for Scav to take control again.

It also bears mention that Omis tried to get into the Wayne Fundraiser so he could go about shaking people's hands and trying to see who reacted to a tight squeeze on the appropriate hand, and had it bandaged or gloved. This was after he burned Batman's hand badly, and was in my opinion absolutely brilliant. Unfortunately he didn't find a way to get in and called it off before the insanity started.

Really the only places Omis lacked were activity and long term planning. He should have been designing gadgets and stealing/purchasing the materials necessary from the beginning, and following the media so he could design new ones, stuff like that. He should have let his usage of guns be a leg up on Batman, not his only answer to gadgets. Overall I think a lot of that was merely newbie cobwebs, however. Towards the end he seemed to have an epic master plan going, involving a lot of brainwashing and other sinister things, that was torpedoed because he'd forgotten to destroy/ditch the cellphones the people he'd kidnapped owned. Because of this the police could trace them. Like I said, newbie cobwebs on an otherwise delicious sundae of good play....but now I'm getting Omis centric so I'll just summarize.

Jungle is someone I expect good things from. Sometimes he has some street smarts bungles in combat scenarios, but he's slowly ironing this out. However in his constant undertaking of bureaucratic roles, he really, truly shines. He kicked my *** a whole bunch of times in plea agreements, trial planning, evidence gathering, lots of stuff like that as Gotham's DA, John Scott. He's great at using resources and directing them. Looking forward to seeing more of him.

mentosman had a big seat to fill as Rupert Thorne, and despite being a newbie, he did it brilliantly. He used his ties to Carmine Falcone and the mafia for all they were worth, then phased them out slowly, while still maintaining congenial terms. Natural politician stuff, right there. He used his corporate resources adequately, though now as a seasoned AGame vet he often laments the things he'd have done if he could do the game all over again. Also, he held his own in the few combat scenarios. Twice in WOTK, mentos could have killed the Joker, and that's all there would be to it. During the fundraiser, he sent one of his men to retrieve his shotgun for him, then stood in a narrow stairwell aiming up, ready to fire. If Eor had gone after him, he'd have been dead, just like that. Later, in the chopper, Thorne tried to deploy his parachute, and then grab the Joker to yank them both out so he could drop Joker to his death. Eor didn't even think of this, but luckily a very special and insane henchman thought to sabotage the parachute -- or, once again, he'd be dead. Mentos is awesome and only getting better, TLDR.

Lastly, McFox is someone I wanna throw all kinds of kudos to. He took on a difficult role with Carmine Falcone, as a complete newbie, and god damn did he ever run with it. On the first evening of gameplay, he made an alliance with the Joker. That's ballsy **** right there. But Foxy was a great crime boss to me because he understood the need to adapt his crime strategies to the new Gotham City, riddled by "SuperCrime". He liaised with by far the biggest number of criminals and kept congenial terms with them -- The Joker, Spellbinder, Bane, Catwoman, The Riddler and possibly/probably more all ended up working with him in some capacity, and none of them with the intention to betray him. Not any time soon, at least. McFox also managed his resources efficiently, including one placement of brilliance that no one ever discovered -- he had men inside Blackgate Penitentiary and, I believe, Arkham Asylum. This would have been very useful if that one guy got locked up that could sink his whole operation.Also, his christening Harvey Dent as Two Face was one of the most chilling moments in the entire game.

Also, he hasn't been in an "official game" yet, but Glyph is someone to keep your eye on. He's already doing complex actions and has a good head on his shoulders.

To anyone I forgot: Sorry! I'm sure you're awesome too[/collapse]

If you could pick three scumbuddies for a mafia game, who would you choose?

KevMo. He's greaaaaaat fun to play with and strategize with. We had some great talks during Monster Mafia. Also our tendency to have those endgame knifefights would definitely work in our favor.

X1-12. He's fairly difficult to read, fun to play with, intelligent, and level-headed. He'd be a great scumbuddy, I think. He's been improving vastly with every game.

Rockin, so I have someone to bus. :-P For real though Rockin is surprisingly good as scum, and I guess I'd go X1-12/Rockin for the middle slot

Lastly, mentosman's slippery playstyle makes him a damn fine scumbuddy, and when I talk to him I know I'm talking to someone formidable with metagame, WIFOM, and other things that become a bit more important when you're playing as scum. He was great fun to scheme with in Megamafia, and fun to play with as well. He seemed to be really good at playing without much direct communication, as he'd often seem to see the vibe of what I'm going for in some of my posts in that game and act optimally in regards to that course of action, rather than ****ing everything up or sitting on his hands too long to wait to talk to me, thus getting **** for inactivity. Great scumbuddy.

If you could pick three townies to help you in a mafia game, who would you choose?

Virg, for starters. His playstyle is usually kind of passive and that makes it a little tricky to get a read on him, so you kind of have to light a fire under him now and then. But if I could just know he's town? In the words of the wise Clay Davis: "SHEEEEEEEeit!" Tom put it nicely when he said that Virg is wise... that's just what he is. Virg is so careful with his actions that he rarely makes a bad play, and I'd be glad to have him on the team and just let him do his thing.

Marshy is next. Our opinions gel quite often as town. I held onto Moronik for the longest time as a sturdy town read in UCM. Not really sure what else to say. We just work well together, and sometimes you need a terse post that tells it like it is, and you can count on that from marshy.

Lastly I'd go for Kirby King, just edging out Mediocre. This guy is a scumhunting behemoth. I feel like if you mashed Virg, Tom, Eor and a bit of myself together the result would be something like KiKi. Knowing that I can trust him is really all I'd need, and knowing that I won't be the only townie taking excessive note of various behaviors would be a big load off my chest. When I came to trust KiKi in SLJ1, we worked quite well together as well. We were on all three of the scum lynches and agreed on the D4 daykill of the cult leader. Love that guy, wish he'd play more. Or at all.

do you still enjoy playing mafia? if so do you enjoy it as much as you used to?

Yes and yes! Well, a bit less than before. But that's more because my playstyle has evolved to a level where I take MORE notes, and still write WoT's. So it's an incredibly draining playstyle to maintain and it's easy to burn out on games. But I still love it, I really do.

any advice you wanna give new players on how to improve?

I'd have a hard time improving on Eor and Tom's pearls of wisdom. Tom in particular really nailed it down, that quintessential of "is this truly scummy?" holds up, regardless of your alignment. Sadly that often gets muddled in the heat of the moment, and the line can really blur. But if you're always asking yourself that question, you're on the right track.

For newbies town and scum alike, try to avoid being slippery with how you do things. I think this but then maybe this but then maybe this, or providing "out clauses" for statements you make -- that is, you take a stance, then establish a way to back out of it later if necessary -- are all ways to look very scummy. Stand your ground, think, take hard stances, and if you get dirt kicked in your face, don't lose your cool. Just get back in there. I started Bioware as the lesser half of a half-***** hydra with a dumbtown read on who flipped mafia godfather, and emerged the game's MVP. You can always do better -- not just from game to game, but Day to Day, and post to post. And I think this advice transcends alignment, really.

My last bit of advice is to go read Tom's answer to this section. Then Eor's. Then Tom's again.

[collapse=have you had any experiences in mafia games that left a serious impact on how you viewed the game or how you played? that taught you lessons and improved your play as a result? if so what were they?]

Oh, totally. My first game as town, Assassins in the Palace, I thought I had ALL the answers. We knew there were only two mafia, and that was it. I had pegged two people early on as of D2 as the scum -- M3D, and Eric. I didn't like M3D for a multitude of reasons, most prominently the fact that he'd championed a lynch against Virg and then refused to back down on it (his motivation was that the detectives could only communicate for X hours, or until a lynch was decided). Then I didn't like his response to pressure. All along I remained equally suspicious of Eric, and through Eric's correspondence on the M3D issue, I became even more suspicious of CK. And I let this suspicion of Eric congeal and pollute my read of M3D -- this is why I rarely take multiple scum reads that depend on one another seriously, because M3D flipped town, and Eric flipped scum the next day.

I learned a lot of lessons in that mislynch. I immediately realized, for starters, that Eric was the person I should have been lynching. I learned to disassociate my targets from one another. Most importantly, I had a big reality check, learning very early that question of "is this truly scummy?" My play in that game was a massive influence on me, mostly for the better (I'm far more cautious, and do my damnedest not to tunnel), though it occasionally bites me in the ***. A perfect example is when I let up on Rockin in TLI -- a direct influence from Assassins.

But not all my lessons are ancient, either. All Stars taught me to never let mechanics overtake a game, even if everyone else is trying to do just that. I got lazy in that game, complacent. People had started to lead by mechanics when I got into that game, and I just let it happen. Before long, the snowball was an avalanche, and mechanics were the majority of what we had to go on, and what we had to discuss. And I got elbow deep into it. Despite just recently winning a game by rolling up my sleeves and discarding The Plan, somehow I'd become consumed by this beast of mechanics, and let myself believe we could win it with a good enough mechanical plan. As such, one of my educated guesses ended up being a fatal one. Who can say what would have happened, on the other hand, if I discarded the Plan as endgame approached and just did the detective work.

Basically, it's taught me not to go for the mechanics, and not to tolerate their overtaking a game, either. Most importantly, never ignore the margin of error. If it's anything more than a niggling doubt, you probably don't have enough information to keep going forward, and you should still entertain that doubt.[/collapse]

how was your day today? howve you been?

not too bad! I've been putting off doing a bunch of **** though and I'll have to stay up crazy late to do it. Other than that good, though, mostly just chilled out at home and ate some mcdonald's. Tomorrow I gotta go to school... which I've been cutting for like, the entire month. Otherwise I'm just workin'. Drinkin' when I can. Savin' the world. the usual

In a mafia/adventure game, is there anyone you'd lynch/kill just on general principle?

Honestly I'm against that kind of **** for anyone. Mafia? What if they're the doc? The cop? Adventure games? What if they're the thirteenth son born to the Moon God and have secret powers that help your cause or some crazy unpredictable **** like that? Nah I never find the risks there to be worth it. There will be people I'll be more inclined to kill/lynch if I have adequate suspicions, perhaps, but never someone I'll whack just on principle. Some people suck to play with, yeah, be it through how you read them or not liking their style, or them just sucking... but hey. That's part of the game, so deal with it.

Various games such as SWFMafia have also refined my grasp of dumb-or-scum scenarios, which is something I think everyone should delve into as much as possible when applicable, because those will often be some of the most crucial reads you can possible wrangle.

Which character would you want should I finish the LOTR adventure game?

Boromir, with a vengeance. I love tough badass characters that also have personal flaws and baggages. Makes them so much fun to play. Dibs!

[collapse=I'm considering using random.org to help determine combat results in the LOTR adventure game. Good or bad idea?]

Both. Some element of randomization is really the only way to make some things fair. For example, how does one fairly evaluate whether a character can fit in a building's ventilation system? You can't, really. Lots of little things like that have me whip up a brief lil' number system and RNG it up.

However, while this principle also applies to combat, I recommend moving away from reliance on it. Use as little as possible. If you get in a habit of determining everything with an RNG, a game can start to feel railroaded... or just, well, dumb. I try to use logic as much as possible. What were both characters doing at the time, in relation to one another? Who made the superior action, the more complex and intelligent one? If you think hard enough and can think on your feet, swiftly, a lot of combat resolution can be done exclusively with your noggin.

But some stuff obviously can't be RNG'd. Medium distance ranged combat? Guns? Forget about it. In Batman I used logic to determine whether someone would be struck by gunfire, but used a RNG to determine the extent of the damage (or, in Batman's case, what bullets hit seams in armor, stuff like that). But don't use a base system. Whip up a new number system for every scenario, tailoring the numbers to it. It's hard work, but hey, you're running an adventure game, not going on a beach holiday.

As an example, I generally use 1-10 systems, or 1-100 systems, but what ranges of numbers will mean what changes based on the situation. For example, a cop unloading at the back of a retreating bad guy would score a lucky headshot if they roll a "1". Stuff like that. If you think hard enough, it's pretty intuitive.[/collapse]

How do you handle a character like Gandalf, whose powers are basically god mode on?

As a player? Win. Heh, but yeah, well from a design standpoint you just have to think of limitations. What these will be is different based on the game. Traitors in The Fog had superhuman abilities they could discover by straining themselves physically, but the tradeoff was that they'd have to use them to commit subterfuge in a large group of people. As Fog Ghosts, they would be invincible and unflinching, and take no damage from anything, but the tradeoff was that they were quite slow, and that they'd lose most of this advantage if they killed a non-Descendant (the people they were after). Thus they had to do detective work and generally be intelligent to make that work.

There are also character limitations. The Riddler generally wouldn't be able to kill people the character would find "interesting", for example. Things like this can also temper something like that. Primarily, think hard on how to balance things, and it should come to you. For example, wasn't Gandalf the Grey significantly less powerful than Gandalf the White? Could be plenty to work with there. Frodo would also have a massive advantage since he could turn invisible, but using the Ring would presumably have some negative effects. Stuff like that.

if you could meet and chill with 5 dgamers irl who would they be and why?

Eor, Tom, Medi, Kevmo, Mashad. We could get high and drink and play some video games and ****.

ALTERNATE UNIVERSE TEAM: Mentos, Glyph, Virg, Tuna, Jungle. We could get high and drink and play some video games and ****.

ALTERNATE ALTERNATE UNIVERSE TEAM: ugh you get the idea.

Are your earlobes attached or unattached?
:
uh not 100% on what that means. If unattached means that I've got part danglin from the bottom of my ear then yeah that.

If somehow all the adventure gamers pitched in and hired someone awesome to work full time on running an adventure game, what would your ideal theme/concept for the game be?

It's hard for me to pick just one thing because a lot of things would utilize having a guy who's a "professional GM" in good ways. But I think I'd say Rubicon, The Wire, or Band of Brothers. All three shows (excellent television series) afford huge abilities to get inside the head of an interesting character, elaborate mind games, potential dramas, and occasional violence. Band of Brothers might get my vote just because in games like Infection2 I've enjoyed the comraderie of war and the stresses of helping to lead a sizeable number of people against a common threat. The other two would have a lot of emphasis on preparation, investigation, and guts, though, which would be just as enjoyable in a different way.

For those interested, the shows are respectively, a drama/thriller about people that work in the intelligence industry, and peole who work against it; a crime-drama that follows cops, drug dealers, politicians, and all the other fulcrums of urban malaise through their lives; a war drama that follows the heroic Easy Company of world war 2 from training to D-Day to Auschwitz to the Eagle's Nest.

Flight or invisibility?

Heh. Invisibility would be a little too tempting in regards to getting you into mischief. Theft, voyeurism, I'm sure all the dudes out there know what I'm drivin' at here. I'd have a lot of fun with that and try to restrain myself, but ultimately, I'd go with flight. Flight's fun too, but the reason I would want it is because of what I want to do with my life. I want to be a police officer. And I'm not interested in it for the perks, or to climb the ladder and get a *****in' salary or anything like that. I care about people, I'm a people person, and I hate that crime has to disrupt the lives of good people. It was a pretty easy decision for me to make, once I gave the occupation some thought.

And, well, what cop would be better than one that could zoom up into the clouds and then swoop to any place in the city in just a few seconds? I'd probably also extensively study paramedicine (is that a word?) and, I dunno, try to get myself a special position as both. Invisibility would have its own numerous uses, of course, but getting to crime or disputes is so difficult that it's also the main thing that makes superheroes an impractical idea. How to respond to each situation, on the other hand, can be trained for, so flight gives me the best edge.

[collapse=What is the player death you most strongly wish had not happened in an adventure game you've run?]

Tough call. I'll probably just say between the two games.

Simms/Mediocre's death in The Fog was rough, because although he was a heroic figure, he didn't die in a fight. He was executed in cold blood. His death, however, tipped Danny Phibes/Pythag off to the military not being entirely on the up and up, so it did serve their faction, and Medi used his death as a weapon in that way. Still disappointing, especially the lack of Medi in endgame. Honestly I'd probably say Shy Guy/Ashcroft, as with Mashad, Shy Guy was the heart and soul of the bad guy team, constantly sabotaging things behind the scenes. I think I didn't handle his death well at all, as I was still banging out the mechanics of AIM-based modding, which I was pioneering. I think the game would have been more interesting if he lived on, more even, since Mashad and Lombo were left alone and insulated as the active bad guys. Eor/Dr. Phibes's death was depressing, but he too used his death as a weapon, and honestly I can't think of a better way for that character to die than exactly how that played out.

In Batman, still a tough call. Killer Croc died too early to reach any of his potential, but the player had made his own bed there. Bane died without so much as a whimper, but he had also pissed off his fair share of people, and karthik king wasn't really thinking big enough to make a dent on the game from there, he was stuck in the "#2 henchman" zone. Robin died quite early, and yet the death was at the expense of a mistake Rockin had been making consistently through the game, and it was a rather grand death, albeit twisted and dark. It also set off "PISSED BATMAN" and generally a lot of interesting character dynamics. Still, it wasn't a horrible ending, especially since Robin/Rockin had earlier captured his arch-enemy, Ducard (Marshy). Shame Lombo released him. Overall I think I'd have to say Hush/Pythag. Pythag's a great player and he was just starting to really find his groove in the game. He only died because he was ambushed by someone with infinitely better equipment. Ultimately the game lost more than it gained through his death, I think.[/collapse]

[collapse=What is the single most impressive move you have seen in an adventure game that you've run?]

And to quote Clay Davis again: "Sheeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiit"

Well, the most impressive single move I can think of is when the Riddler captured Harvey Dent (mashad and Medi, respectively). The Riddler had put a collar on him that would eavesdrop on conversations and the like, and Dent had been warned not to cross him. Dent wanted revenge immediately and tried to capture the Riddler with a tranquilizer gun. However, The Riddler's collars also contained satellite tracking and various forms of incapacitation, so Mashad was able to anticipate where he was going, wait, taze Dent remotely when the moment was right, then collect him without being seen. All that, he owed to one smart idea -- what if I had a collar that could _____? And choosing to put one of them on Dent and simply release him negated Medi's attempted counterassault and recaptured him swiftly. This also ended up being the birth of Two Face, as Carmine Falcone had put a bounty on Dent (alive), and The Riddler was in need of a punishment for Dent's choice to break the Rules. So he handed him off to Catwoman, who collected the bounty and took credit for the capture, and most of us know the ugliness and gearshift that transpired from there!

If I could go for the most impressive PROGRESSION of moves, so to speak, is some Joker stuff. Like the Joker, Eor improvised a lot of this things off the cuff, but also had various resources in place that would aid off the cuff planning. As such, he rigged the penthouse that Catwoman knew about (and thus, potentially Batman) with enough explosives to kill anyone inside and moved to a new base, where he stockpiled arms from Falcone's connections. Masquerading as the vigilante Benjamin Briggs, the Joker killed Bane. This soon got back to Batman (who was attempting a riddle with Gordon that would net them gangster Roland Gambol) and Robin, who was patrolling. As Robin went to confront Briggs, Batman offered to assist with the arrest, but Robin told him to finish the riddle.

They argued, Robin saying that Briggs should turn himself in for murder, and that he would do everything he could to assist. Briggs argued back, at first, then relented, getting off of his bike and leaving it for Robin to take, still wanting to talk it out. Ultimately he asked if there was anything he could do to convince Robin to release him, and was told that there was not. "How about a magic trick?" The Joker then dove into the sewage while detonating the motorcycle's heavy explosive, which had been put there for exactly this kind of reason. He then popped out and bludgeoned Robin unconscious.

This led to a "You know how I got these scars?" story, a crucifixion in the park, and finally Robin being burned alive upon the cross. When his body was discovered by Catwoman, she brought it to Batman, furious, telling him that it was his fault. He remained stoic, and then left... for revenge. Joker had correctly guessed that she would divulge his penthouse location under some cirmcumstances (such as that one), and thus did not go there.

Batman, however, did, taking the fight to the stronghold as hard as possible, ensuring no escape were possible early on. When a henchman called to inform him of what was happening, since the power was cut, Eor had them put him on speakerphone and taunted Batman about the death of his sidekick as though he were there. But.... then he started counting down. At zero, the penthouse exploded, though Batman had escaped... as he wanted him to. The wounded Batman summoned the Batmobile, but the Joker was approaching in a limousine he had loaded with RPGs for just this reason. Two of those and the Batmobile was destroyed. This lead to a fight spanning more than one rooftop, sheer and unrefined brutality on both sides, including Batman, who sprayed Joker with something that permanently blinded him in one eye. Eventually they crashed off the rooftop together, slamming down onto a car. As the Joker limped away, battered, to an escape chopper, he looked over to Batman, and tossed him a pistol. ...and Batman shot him.

This being exactly the kind of thing Eor wanted to get from him, from the beginning, you have to look at that long, massive sequence of events and be impressed. He thought to invent a vigilante persona to get closer to the heroes, thinking it would make them vulnerable, and it did. He thought an explosive motorcycle would work, and it did. He thought Catwoman would betray him, and she did. And so on, and so forth. You can't look at the foresight and improvisational skill there and not be impressed. Eor definitely fit TDK's Joker, right down to the pervading question of "does this guy have an evil day planner or something?"

So yeah, those were the big two for me, but that's a really hard call to make. Almost every player has a few plays on the Hall of Fame.[/collapse]

If Eor and redcell were to fight to the death in real life, who do you think would win? The location is a random American suburb, populated as you'd expect in real life. Heh, this is actually a pretty easy question to answer. Eor's a crafty mother****er, but Mashad has worked out obsessively for like the last decade and is probably about as strong as three elephants right now. Unless Eor found a knife and shanked him, I feel like Mashad would just grab him and pin him down and then wrench him back and forth until Eor was torn in half like a phonebook.

A closer call would've been Eor vs Medi, or Mashad vs Tom (maximum power vs maximum skill)

[collapse=Do you feel that you have ever made a biased decision while moderating an adventure game?]

Flat out decision? Mmph, not really. I've made my faaaaair share of mistakes, haha. But I've never been like, "I want this person to succeed so......" In fact I'm sure most of the people who have actively played one of my games has at least one memory of telling me why something was wrong, me thinking on it, and then reversing my decision. I do that whenever it is possible.

However, I do think there was one time where I... I guess, biasedly gave consideration TO something? In The Fog, Shy Guy/Ashcroft, a bad guy, had been admitted to the Safehouse, as he was under medical watch. When there was only one guard, he made a move. He knew there were two Descendants in the house, so he struck one of them with a thick bottle of Jack Daniels in the back of the head, then broke their neck. He then rummaged through her belongings, and found a double barrel shotgun, which he promptly snuck into his trenchcoat and headed upstairs. He met Stevie Wayne and her son here, who was a Descendant, lit a blunt, and shot the **** with her for a while, getting her defences down.

When he felt things were sufficiently chill, Shy Guy made the action to rip his shotgun out and shot Stevie Wayne, then swung to shoot the kid, Andy. More stuff happened but that's not important. Initially, I'd envisioned Stevie as decimated by the buckshot, at the torso. Tom had a very (understandably!) angry and morose reaction to this and went afk, or signed off, or something. I'd modding things fairly up to that point, I felt, but I still felt really bad, and decided to think over what had transpired. Ultimately I did note that Stevie Wayne had a shotgun on the table right beside her, hand resting on it. To shoot her before she could react, and with his shotgun pointing downward inside his coat, Ashcroft would be flicking the shotgun at an upward angle, so the buckshot would be focused more around the abdomen. SG had made the action to shoot immediately, so it didn't make sense that the aim would be so fine-tuned ... he's not John Dillinger.

So in the end Tom had a fighting chance from there, though he was still out of commission for a long time until he had a lot of surgery and a blood transfusion. I feel the decision I ended up making was the most fair one possible, but I certainly can't say that it wasn't my feeling bad that caused me to re-evaluate what I'd processed. Interesting little tidbit, I think.[/collapse]

If you were going to choose a character for yourself in WOTK, who would you pick? Just choose the character you feel you would be most suited for, even if someone else played that character in the actual game.

Probably Harvey Bullock. My interest and knowledge in investigation and policing and whatnot would make me a good fit for the role, and of all the probably hundreds of NPCs I had to take on running that game, Bullock was by far the most fun one for me to use. Just this somewhat reckless but honorable cop that grits his teeth and doesn't ever consider the fact that the fight of crime has shifted from gangsters to maniacs. I tried to give interaction with him a really distinct feeling, wanted people to feel like there was an upshift in momentum if they were being pursued by cops led by Harvey Bullock. Like his presence made a difference, made things more difficult. I hope that came through. And heh, I know Jungle in particular had a lot of interaction with him.

Gordon would be another natural fit, since his personality meshes in a big way with the type of cop I'd try to be, but as far as cops go Bullock would just be a lot more fun for me. I also think I'd be a good Wrath, Black Mask, or Hush.
frozenfarce (3:09:14 AM):

Did you at all anticipate the huge impact of technology on WOTK?

Well, I of course knew it'd be an important element of the game. I anticipated an impact. But the extent of it? Heeeeeeell no, hahaha. It was kind of crazy. You'd have the Riddler chilling in his office listening to his numerous collared peoples' stuff, while mafia goons prep a Lamborghini for urban warfare at the behest of the Joker, while Two Face backtraces the Riddler's signals, while Catwoman turns freaking [semi]-invisible. While Batman preps his batjet. While Mr. Freeze tests an airborne ice bomb. While the Penny Plunderer finishes a bulletproof motorized shield with razorsharp edges. Man I could go on and on. I expected its influence, but the way it became such an integral element of long-term survival, much less success? No way.

[collapse=Why do you always play super manly characters? Do you think this is a sign of your latent homosexuality, manifesting itself through a safe, unintimidating outlet?]

Nah my wild closet sex with Eor is a sign of my latent homosexuality (though that's more of a bear fetish than anything else).

In all seriousness, I've actually never chosen my own character before! In The Thing they were given to us and that's all there was to it, suck it up princess. So that was Vevski, who I think is probably my most stereotypically manly character anyway... this behemoth Russian that served in every recent Russian war and did things out of blind idealism. In Infection1 I just asked if I could be a cop, and thus **** Love was born, and then killed by a nuke not too long thereafter. I guess Eor liked how I did the cop-in-a-zombie-apocalypse thing, because he cast me as **** Love again in Infection2, and the ex-military backstory was all him. Despite his excessive knowledge of the MAN TRADES though I actually don't consider Love all that manly. Just thought he was good person that happened to possess a lot of skills that ended up being useful in the last war he would ever fight. I mean, everybody on that anti-zombie squad was manlier than Arnie and Sly having an arm wrestle if you just go by the things we accomplished, haha.

The Keeper was a bit more of my design, but I gave Medi a lot of free reign, as I'd been enjoying characters given to me by someone else. So a lot of it was designed by him. Plus the Keeper's alter ego was a fairly stylish and clean-cut businessman. Gimme a break here.

Cable is pretty redonkulous, I admit. Though he wasn't any of the choices I had picked when PMing Tom (one of whom was Quiksilver, whom I also don't consider particularly manly, just love that power), I accepted the character because it did fit the characters I like to play. I dunno, I just like playing characters that can handle themselves. A lot of it relates to how I think. I'm confident enough in my investigative abilities that I don't feel like I need a million character statboosts in that regard. And on the other hand I just don't know enough about sciences and the like to make the best use of a character like that, or I'd love to play one. Basically I play these tough guy characters because I can play them well, and because they're characters I often enjoy in fictional mediums. That's what this stuff is all about, right?

Another thing is I do just kind of relate to them better. I don't mean that in some narcissistic manner, but I do consider myself a bit manlier than the average internet dork (of which I certainly am one, no denials here). That's not a very big part of it, though, but the fact that all of them have had some element of things I plan to do in my life, or have considered, or grew up around (soldiers, cops, generally being grizzled and burly) also made them really easy to relate to and get in their heads.

Oh, and if it counts, I played Eidolon in Virg's Super Heroes game. Other than his cool power he was basically an anarchistic jerkbag that would have been right at home fighting Cloud Strife or Squall Leonhart or something. Hell, he even talked like a super-articulate English ponce! And all I did in the game was sit in my office waiting for a fight that didn't come, probably filing my nails or some ****![/collapse]

Whats your policy on lynching deadweight, even if you don't believe they're scum?

If you don't believe they're scum? As in, not indy, not mafia, you flat out believe they're town? "What the **** is this ****", that's my policy. I can see lynching deadweight when you think there's a reasonable chance they could be scum, which ties into the similar question I answered above, as their being deadweight would make them very difficult to read and a liability in the long run. We lynched Chibo in Bioware, for example, but I don't regret doing that, despite his being town. But the situation there was one of pure frustration and confusion; who knows what the hell you could be, anymore, you need to be gone. Deadweights also aren't a bad way to go on D1 if you genuinely have no solid leads, as it's the safest time to do it and might draw interesting reactions from other deadweights. But if you're sure someone is town, and you're considering lynching them because they're not helpful enough for your liking? ***** you crazy. That's antitown.

[collapse=it seems like while you enjoy mafia games, you really seem to gravitate towards Adventure games, modding or playing. Is there any specific reason for this other than you just like adventure games?]

Heh, I guess I more or less answered this in that other question. I love both types of game for different reasons, and I get different things out of them. But I really enjoy the dynamic and layers that are added to Adventure Games by letting you tap into a character and do your own thing.

When it comes to running the games, well, AGames are still a rather new concoction. They're not roleplays. They're not mafia. They're something new, and it's exciting to be a part of that development as they evolve and become a favorite SWF pastime of many DGamers, new and old. I just feel I have more to add to Adventure Games, in running them. I'm a writer, have been for a long time, and one thing every writer knows is the agony of having a great concept but not the tenacity or ability to make it bloom into something. Running an adventure game awards these ambitions, and it's fascinating to watch the characters you've created or reimagined or repurpose or what have you find their own identities and grooves, and deal with their own struggles and goals.

Kind of rambling a bit. Basically, I've been on the ground floor of AGames as they've developed and refined, right from the beginning, and my proclivities for conceptualization and worldbuilding and the like make me a good candidate to run them, and find new and interesting things to do with them. With mafia on the other hand, although I play a fair amount and consider myself good at the game, I am a far cry from the genius-level theorycraft of people like Tom or ZV, who could probably write an actual textbook about mafia game design and theory. With hard work and humility I can design a fun and playable game, but I don't have the grasp of mafia game design yet that would let me take risks, create ****loads of new roles, etc. and still have it balance perfectly. Meanwhile, this grasp of game design and ability to take risks manifest themselves intuitively when it comes to AGames because of my familiarity with them, playing in or running each one from their initial inception.

Plus come on. Adventure games are ****ing awesome. Play 'em![/collapse]

[collapse=You joined the site in July 01. What was SWF like then, and are any people from that time still around that you talk to?]

Back in my day, there was no smashboards.com . There was only Smash World, the website, and Smash World Forums were just part of a big project. My how Melee changed that! The boards were buzzing nonstop with Melee rumors, hoaxes, and everything inbetween. Photoshop fakes of stages, characters, and you name it were all over. I believe some convincing (but not meant to be hoax-y) fakes by a member named mada234 actually got some spread around the Internet, and had to be officially debunked. Good times.

Also nobody was aware of the fact that there were boards that weren't "Melee Discussion", or whatever the hell we called it back when tyrannosaurus attacks were a common threat. As such the Disc was flooded by off top posts and the like with regularity. Discovering the Other Places was somewhat mindblowing. Also, I remember as Melee's release neared and the membership started to spike, Gid et al had to move us onto bigger servers. There was a brief time where -- try to picture this! -- all of SWF was simply one single forum. We had this little bomb shelter/refugee camp board of sorts to post on while we waited on the move and the changes and junk. It's really insane to look at the behemoth SWF is today and imagine cramming all of its members into one board. Insane and terrifying and it would probably cause some brain hemmorhages among the staff.

Some random tidbits I guess? There was a member named SuperCheno that posted a spammy thread just to say "Hi", which was frowned on at the time. Some regular or other (maybe a mod) yelled at her, then Gideon himself said it was cool and the thread became a place to shoot the ****. Cheno came back a few rare times, I think. Oh yeah, Gideon actually talked to us and posted around, crazy as that may seem.

There was also The Battle Arena, what was probably meant to be a huge expansion -- Gid and other flash artists did Flash movies of fights between various famous video game characters. TBA kind of went dead right when Gid was working on a game for it where you'd play as the Great Fox and fight... asteroids or something. There was a big fad of people writing (terrible) adventure stories set in SWF as a universe with themselves as the protagonist and their SWF buddies as co-adventurers and kickers of *****. I'm sad to admit I was one of them, haha. Though at least I had an unusual moment of sobriety, for a barely-teenager at least, and killed myself off to continue on without feeling like I was jerking myself off as well.

Good times. But it sucked because there was no DGames :mad:[/collapse]

Do you (or others you know) have any intention of hosting a writing based game such as Pen and Sword any time soon? In the future?

I don't think I'd wanna host one soon, but we'll see how my Condemned game goes in regards to how much of a demand it places on me. If it's not too bad I could see myself running one sometime in 2011! I picked out the character I'd use as a mod of Pen & Sword a long time ago, and I'm still enamored by the idea and character. One thing I'd do that I would try to set as a tradition of P&S modding though is I'd put the CIS of my "mod character" in the OP, and a general synopsis of the kind of tone I'd be going for, and possibly setting (that might need to be adaptable based on the characters entered). Then people could plan ahead a little bit, get an idea of if they want to juggle a tonal clash with the central setup (can be rewarding as a writer) or if they'd like to design a character with that in mind. I think that'd be a good precedent, could just be me though I guess.

I'm not sure of other people that would have the intention of hosting one, but I think I know a person or two that toys with the idea on occasion. Won't offer names since they probably don't want to be bombarded by begging and other spineless debauchery.

What's the BRoom like? Do you guys/girls play mafia/adventure games there? Or do you just... talk about feelings and stuff?

We eat cake, pizza, beer, and pizza. Errrrr'day. Upon admission, everybody gets a pet bear, a bodyguard, a pet bodyguard, thousands of shares in Fortume 500 companies, too much bling and like fifteen girlfriends. Even the gay guys, who generally have their entourage transport the girls in wheelbarrows and occasionally cut pieces off of them with a handsaw to use as currency.

Except Rockin. Rockin led a protest for equal rights and had his entry-gift girlfriends swapped out for Brazilian men. I believe most of them wear firefighter uniforms and ***-less chaps. Hard to say, they're rarely let out of the cellar lest they should get a taste for sunlight.

The girlfriends clause used to be "wives", during the Mormon occupation of the BRoom. That was a dark time.....and yeah we play mafia sometimes but not adventure games.

I don't think I've ever played mafia with you before (maybe Teemo or a hydra once), so how do you approach a mafia game early Day 1?

Haha, D1 is something even I am still figuring out. It's so different depending on the crowd you're playing with. DRoomers? LoDers? BRoomers? DGamers? What kind of DGamers? How many newbies are there? A million things tend to affect my approach.... that is, if I'm even around on D1. Lately I seem to have a habit of either replacing in or not being as active as I'd like until D2 or 3. Trying to break it though.

Basically I do anything I can to start building a paper trail full of players' comments about one another, then I'll pick people to pressure the hell out of for whatever reason and see how they stand up to it, and how other people react to it. Work from there. Generally my play doesn't boil down to any kind of formula until we've had enough flips (esp/hopefully scumflips) that I can do some detectiving. Then I imagine it starts to get a little bit similar. Sorry for the vague answer, but I really don't have much of a concrete D1 approach other than to build the paper trail and see if something interesting happens, more or less.

A while ago on AIM you told me a little story about how you visited austria and you drank Schnaps. Then you said that there was one that tasted like sperm. My question: How do you know what sperm tastes like in the first place?

Silly Gheb. What I actually said was that I saw a poster for a Schnapps brand that advertised itself as tasting like sperm. Had a bunch of cartoon sperm racing one another toward the 'camera' determinedly. So, I don't know what it tastes like -- in fact, I didn't try the shot, either. Not particularly appealing, as you can probably imagine. Hell, I think I even specifically asked how the people making that are that well-versed in the taste of sperm that they could make alcohol that tastes like it, you naughty fibber!

So, selective memory, or just wishful thinking? Cuz... there's this one guy I know, black guy, DGamer, and he's reaaaally cool and I think if you gave him a chance....

Has your opinion tom worsen since you found out he didn't like puppies?

YES.

arf?

Who's a good boy? WHO'S A GOOD BOYYY!?!?

Is Pliskin one of your alts?

...dude. Pliskin is... a dog.

I mean, come on now. Look at him. Now look at me. Now at him again -- now back to me! As you can clearly see, he's not me. Because he's a dog. For real, though, nah.

From my experience in mafia, Metagaming tends to have truth to them. How do you feel about metagaming; do you use it in your common gameplay, do you think it shoudl steered away from?

Sure I do. And it has been helpful sometimes, and detrimental others. Metagame is always something worth considering. If someone is behaving drastically different from their last game, why is that? Just remember that differences in meta don't mean someone is scum, nor do applicable similarities. I think meta can help you see what someone's bringing to the table, how they're changing the ballgame if at all. But don't drive lynches on it, and don't hange lynch cases on it, either. Always prioritize the evidence and the actual ingame action over any kind of meta nonsense. The last thing you want to do is dismiss genuine leads that come up in the game because it doesn't line up with The Meta.
frozenfarce (3:05:27 AM):

Do you remember your first game playing forum mafia? How did it go?

Batmafia 1, run by Tom in the Back Room, towards the end of 2008. Yep I'd say I remember, haha. I was Harley Quinn, the jester. Lynched day one! Was sad, though, Eor died night zero and I was looking forward to playing with him. Also heh, there was a mechanic where if HQ was "lynched" (arrested), she would let all the inmates out of Arkham Asylum -- all the bad guys that had "died" (gotten arrested). But... uh, nobody was dead yet. This might actually have hurt the mafia since if I'd been lynched later they could have bought themselves extra time (and nightkills).

[collapse=How did your first scum game go? Town game?]

First scum game, I think, was Megamafia. Hando (Megaman) could kill people and absorb their powers, and early on we decided to kill Omni, who was apparently the Timekeeper. This gave us the ability to freeze voting exactly as it is, but only within 24 hours of the deadline. So mentos and I cooked up a scheme to try to stall as long as possible in lylo, then dogpile some votes down and stop time. Keeping hando alive was such a pain! Luckily my "I'm the watcher" "no I'm the watcher" tiff with Rockin made a whole lot of noise and drew attention that could have found itself honing in on Hando, haha. But yeah, we won that one. I got the MVP nod. Good times were had, albeit too much stress, as well, hahaha.

First town game was Assassins in the Palace, which I've detailed already to some extent. We ML'd virg D1, M3D D2, correctly killed Eric D3, he whacked matt and some other townie, then we mislynched a couple times... and activity started to peter out... then the game was kinda cancelled, I guess. I think this was one of the first things that made us realize we needed time limits and the like, but maybe not. So long ago, now. But yeah, the inactivity cancellation was put forth in a manner that made the second mafiat win, because everybody died, including his targets.

Fun game despite that, though, with a really solid Cult of Cthulhu mythology behind it. I regret being so wet behind the ears in that game, but even more I regret letting the lethargy of inspire the same in me. Never again, I said! ...for the MOST part I have upheld it, heh.[/collapse]

You're playing a mafia game that has 2 scum, seven townies. Name your dream mafia game.

mediocre, frozenflame, marshy, macman, ronike, moi.... and Eor, for good measure. I think that would be a badass as all hell and fun game

Which player has most surprised you since joining DGames?

Honestly I don't think I can even answer that with how long I've been around. However I will say that in recent months, X1-12 is really turning my head. He's consistently clever, thoughtful, and fun to observe or play alongside when mafia-ing it up. Also I gave him some advice at the end of the penultimate game we played together, and he seems like he actually did take it to heart because his scum play has also really bounced up a bunch of notches. He's good at the pokerface, now. He reminds me a lot of mentosman's early play.

Which player has most surprised you recently?

Swiss is another good new generation player, although his playstyle is somewhat painful to deal with. Still, he has a good head on his shoulders and a surprising grasp of subtlety for someone so damn loud and obnoxious :-P

Who's your favourite new wave DG'er, and what do you think about the influx of new faces we're getting?

Man looks like I should have answered one of the above questions differently! Ah well. X1 is someone I look forward playing the game with more in the future, as is Swiss. Also, Gordito often has pretty good scumreads, it'll be fun to watch him iron out the chinks in his armor over the years. Potential is there for sure.

I think the influx is great! If DGames were enclavish, it would never survive. People would migrate, albeit slowly, either gettin burned out on the games and needing a break or burned out on playing against the same people. New faces keep the waters fresh and interesting, even if you have to grit your teeth and explain something now and then. Bring on more of 'em, I say!

Negative twenty four? I've never played WoW. Nothing about it really appeals ot me.

[collapse=What is your favorite video game?]

Tough call, really tough call. I really loved Mass Effect, the depth of the storytelling and immersive experience there was unlike anything I'd experienced. And, man, did I ever punch a lot of faces. I loved the morality system, too, really made you dig into your head and think things through. Nice work by Bioware there.

Shadow of the Colossus may in my opinion be the greatest "epic adventure" game of all time, though I haven't played much of the N64 Zeldas. Still, that world felt so apocalyptic, and lonely, and desperate. I really felt like I was trodding on dead soil in a forbidden land, felt like I was accomplishing something, not just collecting *insert item* before taking on the Big Bad.

The Splinter Cell games were great for a stealth and espionnage fix, both of which I'm a big fan of. Shame Ubisoft **** all over itself making the latest one. Max Payne was a game I adored, as well. I loved the fact that, despite the improbable gunfights, Max was pulling through all that bull**** with adrenaline, grit, and balls. Not being some ridiculous Superbadass. Everything was just so hardboiled in that game it was ridiculous.

To go back one more generation, the entire Syphon Filter franchise has been great fun, it hits a nice middleground between badass superspy characters ala Metal Gear Solid and barely plausible storytelling, ala Splinter Cell. Gabe Logan's the man. Shadow Man will always be right up there for me, a game where you explore the underworld, meeting wretched and tortured souls, devouring them for sustenance, fighting the greatest universal evils both in Deadside and in our world, everything from Jack the Ripper to the Biblical "Legion". Great game, almost everything about it. Two generations ahead of its time.

Also I won't even elaborate on this one: Donkey Kong 64.[/collapse]

Fill in the blank space with the first thing that comes to mind

bear-cop-alien. I wish I was kidding, but I'm not.

[collapse=What's the trick to transition from "I'm going to run an adventure game" to getting one going? I see a lot that get well into their planning stages, or even start for a little while, but so few have really gotten going. What mistakes do you think other potential adventure game mods might be making that keep their games from starting? What advice would you give them to get their games prepared not only to be fun, but to actually happen?]

Prep work and dedication. You have to immerse yourself in what you're about to take on, you have to love it. You have to salivate at the idea of all the characters interacting, and such. Talk to people about their plans. If it's a sandbox game where you can't label every building, brainstorm some of the important locations, or give the "neighborhoods" a bit of character. If you think a lot about the game and are actively working on it, you should push yourself toward it, if you have the resolve to just up and go for it.

By prep work I mean a lot of things. For The Fog, it was making a few maps -- one of Antonio Bay, one of Antonio Bay with all the secret locations marked. I had all the powers Fog Ghosts and Traitors could unlike by pushing themselves to the limits, and what kind of activities could lead to their discoveries. I had a list full of things that could potentially break the game, and caveats to override them which I added to the Traitors's mechanics and wincon and such.

For Batman it was doing a ****load of research on the Batman mythos (fun fact: I've never read a Batman comic. In my entire life). Luckily I found a map of Gotham City that worked well, so I started brainstorming the "look" and "feel" of the individual districts, then the individual neighborhoods. I predicted that condemned buildings would become "instant secret lair just add water" so I brainstormed what kind of condemned buildings would be available, and where. A cool one that only two player characters ever visited was a graveyard of sorts that used to be the headquarters of "police dirigibles", for lack of a better word. I remembered the police blimps from Batman: TAS when I was a kid and how cool and they looked, but I didn't find them very practical, so I had them this holdover from a simpler time before SuperCrime. Think about the things that will make your world breathe, basically. I even have some notes still on what kind of civilians people would find in certain neighborhoods at certain hours (Penny Plunderer met a whole lot of working class blue collar types on public transit).

Again, just love what you're about to do, immerse yourself in it, and get so much prep work done that literally all you have to do to make the game start is, well, say 3 2 1 go!

Some mistakes people can make? A few. Not planning enough, not thinking the game through enough. What would this very likely situation be like? How can I mod that in a fair way? Being hit by something completely unforeseen can lead to you getting flustered and modding unbearably slowly. And if it's a sandbox game with a sandbox map, imagining what the individual neighborhoods are like is very important. If everyone is interacting with a different Gotham City, after all, it doesn't feel like you're inhabiting a world that other people also are, and that's one of the most important things about Adventure Games. Holding off on doing this, despite it being a fairly simple thing, can delay you. Also, this should be obvious, but figure out how to schedule it into your life, and be prepared to dedicate the time. It's not a hobby, it's an activity. It's something you have to do. That's the mentality you need. Eat, sleep, work, socialize, mod my game. Lastly, I'd think of a "gamestart hook".

The Thing suffered because it didn't have any justification upon which we could develop momentum. It just started, and then we were doing stuff. In The Fog I remedied this. I had the Traitors as Fog Ghosts, murdering some NPC townspeople many miles out to sea. I had a massive power outage, to mobilize the people in the town. Then I had the Traitors teleport randomly upon Dayrise to a random location (I had a printout of the map and threw a dart at it, was cool). This cut the Traitors a need to establish an alibi right at the start of the game, and gave the townies a uniform goal that the traitors would have to slip into. At the same time I don't think this actually affected anything in the town's favor. That's what made it work, for me.

In Gotham City, I was stumped on this. I talked to Scav, and he suggested having the Joker do something that would mobilize and stir up the supervillains, the same way that Batman had stirred up the existence of supervillains. I liked this idea, so I gave Joker a night zero crime spree thing. The first thing he did was kill a hobo -- the second was attack some men in Roland Gambol's gang. He did other things as well; this established his name, but more importantly gave people something to do while other villains were building up their resources. Gordon and MCU and Batman already had a case to investigate. A wrench was thrown into the operations of organized crime, which led to Gambol personally investigating the deaths of his men, and posting a bounty on the Joker. Dent would have case work to think about, for the long term. It kicked things off well. I had night zero be followed by the Gotham Gazette, something I'd thought of earlier, and that really helped establish the feel of my Gotham City and get people going.

Infection2 had full role PMs for every character, getting into their personalities, past histories, skills, and everything else. Eor gave us a complete human being. The Role PM would then detail where we were on Z-Day and what we were doing, and everything we did up until the very start of the game. In my case, at least, the "stopping point" made perfect sense, as in the case of **** Love, he had been knocked out for hours and was just waking up. Eor had us all in a chatroom on the first night, and announced the "Go" to us, as such, at the best possible time. Infection2 was a sandbox game, and I assume Eor did all or most of the things I mentioned above. And starting the game weeks after Z-Day completely took meta out of the equation in a brilliant way.[/collapse]

What's your favorite type of bear?

Oh man, tough call. Bears are the ****

Probably a three-way tie between a polar bear, sun bear, and the classic grizzly. Polar bears have camouflage, so they're like bear ninjas or some ****, and also there's something just really cool and majestic about them because they live in the most hostile climate in the world, a frozen wasteland. Sun bears are really cool looking and smaller than most bears, so they're almost more like ****ing gigantic dogs. Imagine having a house with three sun bears in it as pets. That's badass **** right there. Plus they remind me of the Fog.

Funny sun bear thing -- check out Mashad's avatar. That's a sun bear. When we were getting some bear-ish avatars, his old custom title and location stuff was for Handsome Squidward, when a bunch of people did spongebob avatars and whatnot. Since he was too lazy to change his title and location, I hit up google images to find a "handsome bear". After being scarred for life and turning on google images, I found that one. According to the website it's from, it's "such a handsome sun bear!" I'm inclined to agree. Also, somehow a sexy naked chick lying on a beach at the edge of the water got through safesearch, and somewhat tempered hte horrors I had seen earlier.

Grizzlies are just awesome and hilarious. I can't even take them seriously anymore. Also watch the movie "The Edge". Three guys get hunted down by a bear and it's written by David Mamet and **** it's good. Anthony Hopkins is in it.

[collapse=You're known for making some pretty epic posts when it comes to mafia. This might sound like a weird question but, how long do you spend, on average, on a single *big* post? How do you manage it without getting lost in your own wording?]

Hahahahhaaha. At least an hour on one of those posts that would made a BET black guy go "DAMN man dat some BIG **** RIGHT THUR!" Probably two hours. Quite often more than that, sigh.

How I don't get lost is basically my playstyle. If I'm not just slumming my way through the game and havin a good ol' time, if I'm really getting into it and I'm not getting lazy or anything, I breathe the game. I don't become a hermit or anything, but I check it every chance I get and post about that often. I take a lot of notes. I reread a game many a time, generally at least once per night phase and often more than that as things are mentioned during the ongoing Day.

But the most important part to not get lost in all of that is that I think about the game... a lot. While showering, I'll randomly have the game pop up in my head. "What did Tando mean when she said that one thing? Augh her interactions with"... and it just kind of goes from there and next thing I know I'm toweling off and I haven't been paying attention to what I'm doing. Or I could be at a bar waiting for some friends to show up, and I'll start thinking about who my vig kill will be, going through all the contingencies and options and pitfalls, and not notice my buddy walk up to me. I'm just thinking about the games during all of my downtime where nothing else occupies my thoughts, so it lets me have really long and intricate thought processes that generally make sense because the thoughts are so "familiar" to me, if that makes any sense.

Probably the longest amount of time I've spent on a game.... in Bioware's endgame, I remember, I had taken these crazy, elaborate notes focusing on the actions on the scumflips, reread the entire game, took notes on Days one and two. I put off doing another reread and going through to D3 and 4 until the night before because of a bunch of ****, and being kind of burned out on the game. The notes were really ridiculous, like a writeup on every post despite that I knew most of it would never see the light of day. Then suddenly I'm zeroing in on Gheb and it's like, jesus I have to get him lynched in 20 hours or we lose, I think.

So I'm powering through the game, taking notes while also working on a really big post. Then another big post. Then another. I started scumhunting and reading and writing and rewriting stuff late-ish at night. Next thing I know, it's after a midnight, and I'm just not even close to done. So I put a pot of coffee on and rolled up my sleeves. I'd gone too far to **** out now. So I just kept going and going and going and next thing I know it's just before like 10 in the damn morning and I'm finally casting my vote on Gheb. You should check that **** out if you haven't seen it, I think I made a string of like 10 rarely interrupted posts that were all behemoths. I was still scumhunting and thinking about that game for like a week after, I couldn't turn it off.[/collapse]

If you could take any person in the world (a politician, an actor, a scientist, a friend of yours, ect.) that doesn't play mafia/adventure games and get them to play in an adventure game, who would it be? What about mafia?

Obama would be good at 'em I think. Craig Ferguson would be hilarious, I'd cast him in Batman as like, Onomatopoeia or The Creeper or something. Noam Chomsky would tear some **** up, MVP every time I bet.

I dated this chick once that liked D&D but I always made fun of her for it. Maybe if I ran an adventure game we'd have lasted longer.

If you were at a meet up with DGers when Zombies attack, who would you want to be there with you to help survive?

Mashad, because he's one of the DGers I'm positive has the upper body strength to kill a zombie with less than six hits, and knock it down in one or two. No brainer there, no pun intended, nobrainers are zombies >: ( Medi and Eor are both really crafty and think about zombies at least enough that they would be useful. Macman would be our cool black guy, Rockin would be the black guy that dies first. Tom knows martial arts and ****, definitely want that guy on the team. KevMo too, plus I could never leave that guy to die even if he wasn't. Virg is someone who has so many answers for esoterically improbable situations that I occasionally just give him a random scenario and ask him to figure out survival in less than a minute. Thanks to Virg I know how to escape a shark if I'm for some reason swimming fully clothed in the Red Sea while holding a pistol. Mentos is bald and for some reason I assume someone is like 10% tougher on average if they have a shaved head, so why not. Tuna's mah dude so I'd save him out of pure bias. also he's only played one DGame ever, but Dodongo would keep us in some goooood **** if you know what I mean. *puff*

anyway there are probably a bunch more so if I missed somebody I'm sorry! I'll kill an extra zombie in your name and give you the organ you want as an apology.

Wait, why would Rockin die first? D:

Well the way I see it we'll be escaping some zombies, and then Rockin will get it in his head that all these guys are actually coming onto him, so he'll prance over there and try to get his swagger on, then start neckin' with one of em, then OH GOD MY CAROTID ARTERY HELP ME GUYS but we're already three blocks away because we're not ******** or gay, not that there's anything wrong with that or anything.

In a followup to the above question, please explain why you chose Rockin as the person you'd throw to get ***** to death by leather chap-wearing zombies, as well as why you seem to think zombies would be wearing leather chaps?

Because whether left to his own devices, thrown to the zombies, or fiercely protected ("God damn it Rockin stop trying to **** those zombies! GET ME A RAG OF CHLOROFORM OR SOMETHING"), it will always end up the same way. Rockin will end up trying to have sex with a manzombie, and it will kill him.

I figure the zombies are wearing leather chaps because Rockin ignored our warnings and snuck away to the gay district. So we'd go to rescue him and have a bunch of transvestite zombies wearing huge boas and **** after us, and we'd just be all pissed off and finally do what needed to be done at the very beginning.

In twenty words or less, write out why you think you would/wouldn't survive a Zombie apocalypse and the reasons for your choice

I work out and am obsessed with zombie survival, so I think I would survive. Twenty words or less sucks! :mad:

In case of a zombie apocalypse, what would you do with namaste (that guy above me)? Keep him or make him chow?

I don't know him that well. I just know he's a decent writer and a buddhist or something, so he probably wouldn't be much good at shattering zombie skulls. Still, we could just get someone else to be chow rather than throw a smart guy to the metaphorical, brain-devouring wolves. Such as Nich ;-)

Maybe Nam could work on scribing up a survival guide that we could leave at every place we visit so other people would learn the WAYS, and humanity would have a better chance. Unrelated, but he's the guy who posted this picture somewhere after ninjaing somebody, which made laugh almost harder than anything else on the internet. http://www.meh.ro/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/meh.ro6141.jpg

And before you ask a scribe is a guy who copies stuff for a living you uneducated jerk

[collapse=If you were to go into a team based adventure game what 4 people would you want with you and why?]

Man what's with all the triage questions!

Mashad - ****ing ridiculous at these games. His gift of foresight is second to no one else's, on the entire site. He thinks of everything. We also work very very well together.

Eor - I've never played a game with Eor, but his unstoppable mafia gut of Yore apparently transferred right over to adventure games and he tears the **** up. He's also, I think, one of the best players in combat situations, and thinks under pressure with ease. I think he'd work well with me, too, and I think Mashad would work well with him.

Medi - He has a lot of knowledge of various things, really indepth stuff, that also vary greatly. His research abilities are right up there, or may be the best period. Pretty good at combat, too. I remember as Sheriff Simms in The Fog, he actually fought three military guys at once and managed to come out with one of them wounded and one of them a hostage, despite that I was modding the guys for optimal play under the directives given to them (no lethal actions or maiming). I was really impressed and it's still one of the better combat bits I've seen in AGames that don't have some lenience for the sake of comic book physics. Again we work together well. He doesn't gel with Eor that well but they also respect each other's massive skills, and mashad and I would be there to temper their disagreements. Works well with Mashad.

Macman - He has worked well before with everyone on this list, and I think he also has a good combo of the skills of everyone on this list. In Batman he underwent such a transformation as a player. In the early days of the game he robbed a bank and used his own personal car for the getaway vehicle. By the end he was executing a master plan and making batman **** his batsuit, rocketing up onto his shortlist of arch nemeses. Just a really intelligent player that is only getting better as time goes on.

Tom is the notable one I didn't include. Part of that is because of the shortness of the list, and part is also because Tom gets so ridiculously into his character that if there's any quirk of it that would prove detrimental to us, he will play it to the Nth. I love that as a player and as a mod, but I wouldn't want that as a possible liability on a such a small team where any maverick traits like that could cost us everything. Really his lack of inclusion here is more of a compliment than anything.

Also Virg for shadowy boss guy that helps plan stuff 2012 imo[/collapse]

Have you ever stopped a tank with your bare hands?

ahhh haha...Well, as a lot of you know, I'm a bouncer. There was this one guy who claimed to be a military guy and was talking a lot of **** when we kicked him out, about how unleashing him was unleashing the beast, how he's unstoppable... basically, think Brucie from GTA4 of FPS Doug or something. As we neared the door that "YOU LET ME OUT, YOU'RE LETTIN THE TANK OUT!!!!"

The funny thing is that the whole thing started when he was attacking somebody and I had to lay him out, then pin him to the ground and get him to say uncle drunkenly (druncle), and ask to be let up. This led to my first cool bouncer nickname (most entry-level nicknames are embarassing and dumb, like ****** or Numbnuts), "The Tankstopper".

Also I was that guy on Tianenmen Square.

[collapse=What were your favorite moments and characters/character interactions from both Pen & Sword games? Anything that you would have liked to see happen that didn't?]

Hmmmmmmm! Well, didn't get to have a lot of character interaction with my own guy, for the most part. But I really really liked the interactions between Cassie and Saru. It had such a persistent and amusing charm to it. I had fun writing his interactions with Miszxsszsxszst and Alpha, and the way Bruce identified Alpha as the real threat early on -- and of course, the scene where Alpha proved himself to be exactly what Bruce thought was so much fun to write. An exercise in the purest tension, after the big fight scene. Battle of the minds kind of stuff.

Scav's take on Bruce through Cassies "eyes" (heh) was also a joy to read, and I had a lot of fun doing his interactions with both of them. Something a lot of people don't know is that Scav and I worked out, early on, that the pedophile whose home he was called away from was one that molested a young Cassie. The trauma of this is what caused her to see through his eyes, and so she vividly remembers seeing Bruce's squad car pull away. Bruce knew this, and that's why he reacted to her name the way he did, if you go back. I think Scav wrote that moment of realization, and my god was it ever brilliant. That was going to become a factor of tension later on as Bruce attaches to her and tries to find redemption in protecting her this time, while she would of course shun him when finding out what had happened.

Also, another thing Scav and I worked outw as that if I were to be eliminated, we were going to work something out where Cassie just touches him while dying and "downloads" all of her thoughts and memories into him. And it just like, starts overriding who Bruce really is, while her vengeful and murderous persona eats him like a virus, colludes with him, turns him into that feared hulk lurking in the alleys of Florida that Cassie always thought he was, and wanted him to be. Scav would have taken the reigns there. Woulda been good.

In Pen and Sword 2, I really liked writing the interactions with Ayoko von Stroll, despite having a hard time wrapping my head around the anime-ish nature of the character. I really enjoyed writing the weird little ways that she'd be like a normal girl one second and disconnected from humanity the next, and her death was something I put an insane amount of thought into. Keller was a really good character, if I can pat myself on the back just a little bit, and I was really really looking forward to seeing what other players did with him. This unopposing gentleman with something so much more sinister boiling underneath the surface.

Ulysses was probably my favorite character to read. Like an english John Locke, or something. HIs interactions with Calvin were really great, and I truly loved the chemistry between Ulysses and Bruce that Tom and I were working on. I think the ideas we had were taking the game to new places, because we kept semi-competing with each other to bring poignancy into everything. Make the game more than just a game. Scav's Chris Simmons was a great character concept with the blatantly conflicting personalities, and I wanted to see him develop more and especially meet Bruce! Bruce has a bit of history with the Broken Man as well. Some of this is alluded to in what I've written. Let's just say that the Broken Man broke him.

I wanted to see Kevin play the game, because I think interesting things would have happened if Bruce met Icho Itachi. When wrangling with how to create a character dynamic in PNS1 (Kev entered Itachi in that one as well), the main question I felt it came down to was "How would Bruce react if he met Michael Myers?" Not the homicidal part, just the pure and utter lack of humanity. Dead eyes. One thing I planned to do was have Bruce save someone's life from Itachi, and introduce an interesting dilemma for KevMo -- how would Itachi react to being bested by another man in wits and physicality? It's a question I still wonder about. Other than that I just wanted to see all of the stuff Tom and I had in store for you, and I really wanted to see Ayoko and Bruce develop their relationship, as it had become very endearing to write.[/collapse]

Have you ever played mafia on another forum? If so, do you like it more on other sites or on here the best?

Nope! Never on another forum. I used to play a lot on EpicMafia, though, and while I loved it I still prefer forum mafia. Can't be postin' novels in a chatbased mafia, after all. Although when I actually manage to collect enough thoughts to do so it makes 3man lylo significantly easier for me.

But yeah SWF da bess

[collapse=Who would you say are some of the general stars of the Batman adventure game player wise?]

Well I've already talked about Mashad and Eor more than enough. They were tremendous. So I'll talk about some people I haven't really.

Tom: The things he did as Catwoman were really great. As funny as it is to cast Tom as her (haha, cats! female haha!) the real reason I did it was because Tom got so deep into the role of Stevie Wayne in The Fog. And the thing about Catwoman was that she was the role that was going to shake things up, independent of any of the central conflicts... a catty person, if you will. Unlike most characters, she didn't have a fairly clear "win". She simply had to "be". Her character had to drive her, and the player needed to intuitively flirt that line between good and evil. And Tom did all that, literally as well as anyone could ever do it, and he mad the character a huge success as well.

Medi: As Harvey Dent, we had some fine debates. Especially when I briefly got to try on the cap of Sebastian Stark, well known and reviled defence attorney. I think he'd have shone here if the "system" were working a little harder to get bad guys into the courtroom, basically. He also took on an alter ego of the Plague Doctor, and he did it well. He did the research, he optimized the combat of the character, and he leaned on his resources to craft the alter ego in a manner that couldn't be defeated. When he became Two Face, though, he was really brilliant, as brief as it was. He's the only person -- out of many -- to escape the direct at-a-finger control of The Riddler after it was established. He also managed to go completely off the grid, and was well set to take the fight to those who had wronged him. In particular, he used his knowledge of the crime infrastructure to find an info man (a former mafiat named Georgio Papajohn), who then went on his behalf to hire a mercenary, one of if not the best in the country. A guy that could fight Batman in hand to hand. He also abused his position as Dent brilliantly upon becoming Two Face to nab two of the people on his list, Falcone and Stark. A very simple and yet perfect plan.

Macman: The character arc of Mr Freeze through the course of the game, starting as a desperate antihero, becoming a good guy, and ultimately becoming the "Two Face" to We Own the Knight's "Dark Knight", was great. Macman's inexperience and cutting mistakes early on only sold the character's reality. This really wasn't a monster like the Joker, or the Riddler, or Black Mask. After his conditional release, he went on to do what he did best, and accomplished almost everything he could as a good guy. If this trend had continued, he could have seen himself as the new Chairman of Phoenix Pharmaceuticals. If not for the Joker... and after that incident, the Joker was always whispering in his ear. He kept enduring hardships, and through it all Freeze became a brilliant monster, shaped like clay. Macman, as a player, followed this whole thing, intentionally and unintentionally. I believe Scav related to me after his battles with Mr. Freeze that it was the most terrified he had ever been in the game's long run.

Scav: His only flaw was his activity. His only one. I wanted to cast someone that would be Batman without just lifting his persona and the way he thinks from comic books. Someone that would just dive in. And when he was around, man, Scav did that with a vengeance. You wanna talk about preparation time? Scav spent over an hour planning how to capture Salvatore Maroni, whom I'd downgraded from PC to NPC, and the fight itself lasted all of like nineteen seconds! His refusal to fight Bane fair is another perfect example. Scav never tried to fight someone fair -- he fought them like a predator. Like the God Damn Batman. His investigations were also quite solid; the main issue, again, was his activity. A good example is that he thought to send Alfred out into the city to buy things in PP's stomping ground with pennies, hoping that he would hit the store and collect the pennies, which had tracking chips. Unfortunately, this plan came a few months too late, as Smashman was constantly changing up his Modus Operandi. Which brings me to another thing...

Smashman: Oh man, Smashman. This guy, I'm not sure what the deal is. In The Thing he was a guy that tried to save someone that had been shot in the head, exploded, and set on fire in a small room that had been burning for like ten minutes. Now, here he is on this list. Well, I think I've puzzled out why that happens -- I think Smashman is a guy that makes mistakes in every new thing he tries, but a guy that learns from every mistake the first time he commits it. He started clever enough. Before he had gear, if he had to fight a bigger man, he'd feign illness and ask for a chair, and the bathroom. He would then start the fight by smashing the person's head on a sink, or hitting them with the folding chair. He approached every one of his serial killings at a small store with a clever gimmick to catch people unawares. So then he had this arsenal of guns. So he imbezzled copper from the company he worked for as a machinist and started building armor and the like. Then he knocked off a pawn shop with some WWII memorabilia, built the costume and armor from there. He followed the news, made adjustments to his gear. He designed a giant penny shield that slowly became more and more of a god mode weapon. He designed another weapon I won't spoil before the report card that could kill almost anyone in the game, guaranteed. He was the first player to think of and start toying with EMP devices as weaponry. Then when he was powerful enough, he moved on to terrorism. Also, that gang war many of you will remember hearing of (or participating in)? He started that. He practiced up a fake Italian accent, built the most powerful bomb he possibly could, and it all started from there. Why a gang war? Chaos. And boy did it work. The gang war was what got the Joker in a position where he could convince the mafia to turn on the money and manpower faucet and start directly fighting the other gangs, and it all started from the little supervillain that could. The beauty of it is that the incident that incited the gang war was also a clever coverup, as he'd gotten full plastic surgery, then a fake identity from the Russians. He did the bombing to kill the Russians and thus cover up his identity. Two birds, one stone. Oh, and the bit about Harvey Dent was just a red herring (that had Two Face and the mafia guessing for a looong time) Really, I could just talk about almost anything he did by the end of the game there, and it would be clever, complex, and something you'd never expect from Smashman. Outstanding stuff from him.

Rockin: He played Robin to the best of his abilities, and probably to the level the role demanded. He was a very competent hero -- Scav was just a superhero, and this was really what i expected and hoped for by the time he suited up as the boy wonder. As the game went on, he progressively got better and better. At one point, Scav created a new identity (The Figure) and attacked Rockin at random, in an attempt to train him, and such. The fight went on for a long time, and at the very end of it, Rockin had ever so slightly bested Scav. Scav was wounded by bootspikes Rockin had gotten from the Riddler, and Rockin even thought to take the blood to a cop he could trust for analysis. Smart stuff, there. He also had a gauntlet device that could shoot knockout gas. Shortly before he encountered Ducard, his arch enemy, Rockin got the idea to purchase some tar from a hardware store or whatever, and have a mixture of that in there instead. This foresight (preparation time, you might say) was a main proponent of what stopped Ducard from escaping him later. He would splatter tar all over the windshield of every getaway car, rendering it useless. Ducard then tried to escape through alleyways, but Rockin had learned to fight like a predator, as Scav does. He'd drop down, strike him a few times, disappear into the shadows and back to the rooftops. If he had fought Ducard in a fair fight, he likely would have been killed.

Marshy: He was fantastic, such a good Ducard in every way. Great at the hand to hand combat, a great thinker, detective, etc. His silver tongue was his greatest weapon. He convinced Batman to let him go, when captured by him, and he convinced Gordon to use him as a tool, and gradually whispered enough sweet nothings to get a ridiculous amount of autonomy. This led directly to his being able to wipe out The Chechen (Hando) and his top bodyguards, and he owed it all to being in a position with Gordon where he gained information he never should have been able to. Great player, great villain.

Tuna: I can't say enough about the way he stepped his game up. Lombo had an infinite amount of loose ends, missed leads, and etc. Tuna punched through all of that with dogged determination, and even jumped into a fight to save Batman's life. His clever planning also made the Wrath sting as successful as it was. He had thought to arm his men with armor-piercing rounds beforehand, and set them up at strategic sniping points. Omis being the beast that he is, he may well have been able to beat Scav, since it had come down to a fair fight and Scav was running out of gadgets. Tuna waited as long as someone reasonably could, then had them take the shot at Wrath's leg. This massive gimping was exactly the kind of chink in Omis's hand to hand poetry that Scav needed, and he abused the hell out of it and managed to beat Omis into submission. Tuna was also onto the Scarecrow in a really smart and outside-the-box kind of way. Would have loved to see KevBro take on MCU and the Batman. Sadly, Tuna went inactive, and a certain jerk with an affinity for question marks got there first.

On that note, the few times Kev played, he was great. Really wanted to see more of him, and loved his plans for the future.

Camo-Man: Wow. Could I have possibly asked for a better Black Mask? Maybe if he was a Mashad/Eor hydra or something. The sheer amount of planning that went into the now infamous "11-2 attacks" was astonishing. He brought Wayne Tower to the ground, robbed two of Gotham's major banks, executed everyone inside, all within minutes of each other. Meanwhile a sinister message hijacked the city's communication and informed them that Black Mask was now in charge. But he knew the cops would trace the signal, and so it led to a vacant hotel room, which was chock full of bombs and brought to the ground when MCU got on the scene. This was the closest Gordon came to dying in the entire game, edging out his gunfight with the Penny Plunderer. And all of this stuff had a million smaller things leading up to it, like various heists, networking with other criminals, and my personal favorite, hijacking Arkham Asylum vans to find help that was sufficiently demented for his worst work, but crazy enough no one would take them seriously. Such as the suicide pilot, who was captured (and never interrogated, iirc... sigh). He actually had Mr. Zsasz working for him! On that note, the massacre at the radio station was meant to be the start of a fake duo of serial killers, as Camo had already conjured up a secretive police informant fake identity that would lead the police to them, gain their trust, and abuse it later on. Camo-Man is just a really, really good planner. The fact that he did all of his 11-2 stuff with Commissioner Loeb's decapitated head sitting in his lair somewhere, not needing it to make his point is incredibly telling, I think. Also, while the Joker did kill Hamilton Hill, let me just say that Black Mask got to him first, and leave the delicious reveal for his report card. Come back to us, Camo!

Almost everyone who played the game left their mark on it in some way, though, and there were a lot of great players -- vet and newbie a like -- such as Pythag and Omis who simply had jittery activity and likely would have been juggernauts with more investment. Oh yeah, McFox was great, but I already talked about him a while back so screw it.[/collapse]

What is your favorite Town Role? What is your favorite Mafia role?

Town? Probably cop. I love having that extra tool at your disposal to hone your radar, and just see how good your grasp of the roster is. Vig is nice as well, though. The role is a valuable tool for more than just killin' dudes!

Scum? Hmmm. If I may mention non-standard roles, I loved my "Roll" (ha ha get it) in Megamafia. She was a stalker that also had a toned down Watcher ability. I got Peppy Hare in Starfox Mafia before I had to replace out and that was the Mafia BARREL ROLLER (with the allcaps). He could target someone and make them DO A BARREL ROLL, which, if they were using a night action, would hit a random person instead of their intended target. For standard roles I guess I'll go with RB. Kind of a ho hum role at this point, but it also has huge strategic reward, and also drastically cuts down on the influence of claiming, placing emphasis on scumhunting.

What's the one role you do not wish to have?

Hmmmmmm. Choice PGO, I think. I dont' think it's a bad role, but I do think it's by far one of the most difficult ones. I bet the satisfaction of choosing the PGO it up and watching a bad guy drop down is massive, though. I'm one of those guys that's fine with VTs since the fun for me is the detective work anyway. Doc kinda sucks too since there's so much WIFOM to wrangle, I experienced a bit of that as a Watcher in UCM.

Ever had thoughts of getting a independent SK role?

Sure! Next question please.

In all seriousness, I mean, Tom broke it out already. SK is awesome. You get to kill people to sway your agenda, and yet you get to scumhunt as well. I was crazy excited to hydra up an SK as ghEEb in Youtube Memes but I got owned by life stuff and other games I believe, and just couldn't do it. But as far as antitown goes that **** is right up my alley. Only indy I've ever been is a Jester. It feels weird. Like I'm that one redneck in Racistville that lost his virginity to a black girl. "She talks like a white girl! And I only ever saw her in the dark, I didn't know!" I'll tell them. But no matter how many white girls I roll around the hay with, the stink ain't never washin' off.

In order to create a nearly perfect EE, what ingredients do I need to construct this? So far, the base is canadian blood.

Bear DNA, a thousand lumberjack beards, flannel, bull shark testosterone, like three Randy Savages, and Noam Chomsky. I think he's alive, but whatever, mix him in there like Jimmy Hoffa. Just don't damage the brain. Oh yeah, toss the Evil Dead trilogy and some George Romero movies in there. Actually, every zombie movie. This clone needs to hate that ****. Top off with some Jameson's. That should do it.

Don't we need to add in awesome action movies like Die Hard 2?

Damn, you're right. Toss in some wifebeaters too, gotta make him as hardboiled as possible. Maybe a few trenchcoats and a pack of cigarettes, too. Garnish with a gun if desired, let stand five minutes.

[collapse=In Batman: WOTK, Any interesting team ups you wanted to see?]

Penny Plunderer and Joker actually had a lot in common, ideologically, and could probably single handedly tear through a few SWAT teams and Batman without much trouble, with the gear and skills they had. PP was one of the people Joker preached about in TDK, as his character was someone that had fought hard to try to be a success and been ruined and destroyed by the rule of society, more or less, failed at every term in a manner mostly out of his control. So he committed himself to the goal of being a successful monster... just for the sake of it. In a way he was even more vile than the Joker, I think, because the Joker simply is that way. For the Penny Plunderer, it was an aspiration they worked toward. Also, the Joker relied on the mafia for a lot of his gear and stuff like that, but because of PP's engineering background he could have started cutting them out of the picture even sooner and not lost anything for doing so.

Hush and Black Mask did work together for a while, but Hush was always planning to betray Black Mask and more or less put his head on a pike (I'll elaborate in his RC). Hush knew Batman was Bruce Wayne, and Black Mask had more hate in his heart for Bruce Wayne than Batman by far, so if they'd found a common ground here I think they'd have been a great team. Black Mask had a solid base of muscle with his gang and some of his crazies, but good generalship in battle would only take him so far, and his character was just a marksman, not much of a hand to hand fighter. Having a guy that could take on Batman one on one while Black Mask, say, dealt with cops would have been a useful wild card. And if Hush were a bodyguard of sorts with armor piercing weapons that stayed glued to BM, the Riddler may not have been able to take Black Mask... and The Riddler was pretty much that one guy that doesn't fail if he takes interest in you, haha.

Joker also really admired the Scarecrow and I think they'd have been buddies and held hands and ran through a meadow while happy music played, possibly shanking bystanders as they did so.

Clock King and Two Face would have been interesting because their goals didn't tread on one another's toes, and yet they had things to offer one another (optimization of almost anything from CK, resources from Two Face). Clock King also would have taken anyone out in a completely fair fight, so if Two Face went after someone with Clock King at one shoulder and his professional mercenary at the other you'd have a hell of a time not ending up waiting for a coin flip with bated breath.

Would have liked to see any real muscle / brain combos that were possible, as well. Including unconventional ones, like Bane being the brains of a job and Clock King being the muscle, which sounds odd but makes sense in some situations. [/collapse]

[collapse=In Batman: WOTK, was their any dream matches/situations/etc. you always wanted to see, but never came?]

Batman and Clock King would have been really interesting because Clock King could study the timing of anything Batman had been observed using in the media. That means he'd also gotten the timing of his melee strikes, just like in that one episode of Batman: TAS. I'd like to see Scav have to adapt around that.

Catwoman vs Penny Plunderer, man that one was heating up for the longest time. In a fair fight I actually think PP would have cut through her like a sheet of looseleaf, but she of course would fight him like a predator which makes things far more even and really really interesting. Kind of like another Batman vs Bane scenario without Batman's backup I guess.

Joker had plans when he found out that Henri Ducard killed Robin's best friend to capture Ducard and give him to Robin, and try to taunt him into murdering him with a knife. I asked Rockin to answer honestly as to whether he would have made the kill. He answered that he would have done so if Ducard were to taunt him or insult his resolve... which, well, when I asked Marshy, he confirmed that he would have done just that. He had also been trying to get Gordon to kill him when he was being arrested, "chastizing him for not doing what is necessary".

Batman had just gotten onto Joker's safehouse before the game went crazy inactive and ****, but the Joker was going to be moving into the Chechen's mansion, which he had recently annexed, and setting it up to be prepared for such scenarios. Even if Batman got to him first, he'd have had a hell of a fight on his hands. A hell of a fight.

I'd have liked to see the Riddler get kind of caught with his pants down, too. He had a lot of technology that had turned him into an offensive tank as formidable as any other, and of course he was a master of escapecraft. But if he'd been blindsided somewhat by a formidable adversary -- preferably Batman or someone that he'd wronged in some way -- I think it would have been a very very interesting confrontation. Especially since he had a lot of geared up goons ready to hustle over and help him in an emergency scenario.

When Hush went to meet Black Mask the first time, he was seriously considering just killing him. They were in this alley a few blocks from Black Mask's compound, meeting right there in the street. A battle of two of the best marksmen in the game, and two very good and smart players. I really can't explain just how badly I wanted that to happen, haha, but I didn't press them toward it of course. You could cut the tension with a pair of plastic scissors, though. Really eerie, both of them just waiting for it there in the dark of the night.

I'd have been curious to see what would happen if The Wrath/Omis had found a way into the Wayne fundraiser party and used his plan, since it would surely have worked if he made enough face time with the people there. Maybe having a solid lead on his dark mirror would have been what Omis needed to be more active and really show his potential.
frozenfarce 1:25 am

Oh, Gordon had an arrest warrant active on Rupert Thorne for quite a while. He'd gotten authorization for a bugged call with Ducard that lured out evidence of some various crimes. However, when Gordon (Lombo at the time) went there (with Sarah Gordon and Harvey Bullock as backup, as he felt he could best trust them, correctly), something apparently felt off to him. He was meeting Thorne on ostensibly official business, discussing security policies and the like with him. And this point Thorne/mentos made the wonderfully devilish play of explaining why he was quite good with security, as he could have fifty (I think it was fifty) heavily armed security agents swarm the penthouse in less than a minute. I want to say mentos sensed the possible sting and was making a power play, there. I remember him saying, later on, that he'd have taken Sarah a hostage as hi first action, if necessary, and held her until he could arrange some kind of immunity for himself. Ultimately Gordon backed down from the arrest, hoping to come back to it. When Thorne died, this of course became an impossibility, and the details of his treachery were never released for the sake of morale, not unlike Harvey Dent at the end of TDK.

Oh, and almost any Two Face scenario that didn't happen. Medi's speech to Carmine Falcone and Stark was really outstanding stuff, I was enraptured watching the whole thing unfold. Some of the things these guys come up with off the cuff, you'd think it was dialogue in a movie or something. A good movie. And the ones he'd have a particular emotional investment in would have been the ones I really wanted to see. Catwoman as on his list. I have to wonder what he'd say to her, the way she callously traded him off for money like some inanimate commodity stolen from a museum. It's right up there on her list of evil deeds. She even had to stop watching Falcone's dog and pony show, and if I remember right Tom himself was actually a bit disturbed by what was transpiring. The Riddler of course would also be interesting if Two Face could capture him without perishing from his extensive security. Batman and Gordon get even more interesting to picture, because blaming them for what happened is certainly reaching. And the Joker goes without saying.

Also, Joker had some interesting ideas if he were to win the riddle where the prize was Black Mask's execution. I think one idea was wrapping him in the amount of money he'd demanded, setting fire to him, and dangling him from a skyscraper for all to see. Something like that. I'm sure the final kill would have been even better since Black Mask and Joker had such a blatant ideological war going on.[/collapse]

Thank you so much for the interview. Are there any last words you want to say?

I'm ChEvy ChasE, and you're not. Also, live long and kill zombies.

-----------------------

O.M.G.

god damn interview is LOOONG

read up and tell me what you think, guys! :D

EDIT: I added some 'collapse' functions on the really long answers, so as to both condense the interview a bit while giving the reader the option to read that freaking story/stories if they want to. Please let me know how it works out for ya.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Man EE we would've gotten **** done like no tomorrow if you had been Bullock

Matunas

I'm a monster!
BRoomer
NNID
Matunas
:bee: Good read. Makes me want those report cards so much more now. So much **** happened in Batman that it is amazing you were able to keep it all together.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
That's definitely NOT the story you told me on AIM XD

But it's OK, I believe you anyway [not that I've ever seen such an ad anywhere o_0]

:059:

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
im pretty sure ive read through mafia games shorter than that interview

how many aim sessions did it take to complete this beast

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
how many aim sessions did it take to complete this beast
4 sessions doing this compared to my one with both Eor and Tom. Oh, and the total hours spent on doing these said sessions was 16 hours compared to like...1 hour or so with Eor.

sheesh...LOL

Okay, time to make some more votes, and EE has asked me to relay a message in relation to this

Evil Eye said:
Obviously, I want to go KevBro, Brozenflame, and some other superBro. Maybe even Rockin.

But I'm confident all of them will be interviewed at some point, and likely quite soon. That's why I've decided to go with three people that I think would give a really good interview that are far less likely (maybe even not likely at all) to get interviewed. The other bros will understand and agree, I'm sure, that's why they're awesome.

Mediocre
tmw_redcell (aka Mashad)
Macman

(I abstain for now, might vote later /shrug)
K guys, start voting. :p

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Things I could of done in the time it took me to read that interview:

study
look for a job
clean my room
generally be more productive

Things I regret from the time spent reading that interview:

Also I feel like such a noobface because I barely know any of those people EE picked. Well then, RNG has told me to

vote: Marshed

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Vote: Macman

I had to be him in DGames mafia and he's the only one I've actually played a game with.

Top Bottom