• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DG Interview Thread: Walrus? Toasted

RPS

• Total voters

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Hey guys, when Rockin's turn comes to be interviewed, what joke are we going to ask him to do?

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
After a long wait, I bring you the blackest and most ghetto mafia player in all of Dgames. He's the type of townie you'd like to have around...the trick is to get him to constantly post :p

Here is, the interview with Macman.

-------------------------------------

What's up with the "Yedi" thing?

lol yedi is my name. gheb is ********

Your real name?

yea, my full name is ONYEDIKACHIANYANSI you can figure out where the firstname ends and the last name begins

Do you play doc?

kinda, I used to. but i got sick of sucking with him so i just scrubbed out and focused on falco. I'd prolly still trash gheb with doc tho (+11 other characters)

...Are you trash talking on the interview?

yea why not?

What's your set-count against Kevin?

like 8-1 in my favor. i cant remember the exact numbers tho since it just happens to win so often

You seem very confident on your skills. Are there any smash players that tend to give you a hard time?

yea, some redhead named andrew but you guys dont know about him yet.

Can you give us his tag name?]

im afraid i cant, idk what hed do to me.

Suppose you're on a game show, and you're given the choice of three doors: Behind one door is a car; behind the others, goats. You pick a door, say No. 1, and the host, who knows what's behind the doors, opens another door, say No. 3, which has a goat. He then says to you, "Do you want to pick door No. 2?" Is it to your advantage to switch your choice?

well ive been asked this question before, and the answer of course is that you should swicth to the other door because that raises your probability of getting the car from the 1/3rd it was to 2/3rd even though i understand the math behind the question, it logically doesnt make any sense to me and has bugged me ever since i've heard it

What are your best/worst moments in mafia games?

Omis Unlucky 13 Mafia was one of the first games I played and probably the best I've ever played. My role was daytime vig, but with a twist. I could decide to make my kill private and noone would know it was me that shot, but if I decided to publicly announce my kill, I would get another day kill. So I claimed 1tiem day vig in the thread so that when I shot, mafia wouldn't feel threatened by me and decide to kill me off that nighy. I then convinced everyone that yaya was scum and shot him. (he turned out to be the SK). Then town lynched spam master, and he was mafia. I ended up living till the next day. So I immediately shot Ronike, who was the last scum and taht won us the game. Since it was one of my first games i was happy about being able to do so well with such an important role in that game.

Another good game of mine was EE's SLJ mafia. I was mafia (which i despise being and suck at playing). And since i didn't want to play as mafia Tom, JF (my scumbuddies), and I decided that Tom would bus both me and JF early on in the game and than ride to an easy victory since hes tom and noone would lynch him. So when we put our plan into action, tom went inactive randomly at the end of d1 and got lynched. So it was left to me and JF. I was super paranoid as i always am when mafia and JF and I would talk on aim about the game all the time, he was a really great aprtner. Somehow I was able to convince everyone I was 'obvtown'. barely anyone suspected me the entire game. That along with some slight bussing of JF gave us the victory.

Probably my worst game was Kevin's down n dirty mafia. It was d1 and I wasn't paying attention to the game and had to catch up (which tends to happen with me [all those mods out there should never let me join their games.]). But instead of catching up and reading the thread like I should have, I asked someone to tell me who to vote. Mayling replies with Gheb so I vote him, and of course it turns out that i did hammer him like a *******. And now it looks like im obvscum. Realizing how ******** I was, my objective for the next day or two was to get lynched before lylo so that the WIFOM surrounding that hammer wouldn't arise in lylo and I wouldn't be used as a scape goat for a lynch. But of course that doesn't happen, and I'm alive in MYLO, and it comes down to scum being either me or marshy....and I work so hard to defend myself, because if I got lynched i would have singlehandedly lost town the game, but in the end that hammer was too scummy, and I was lynched and we lost. So i basically trolled the game, sorry about that guys.

There are probably many more terrible moments that I've had but I removed them from my memory so that I wouldnt have to live with myself being so dumb.

How about adventure games? (your best and worst moment)

hmm, there are sooo many good moments its really hard to choose my best moment. Some good ones include: Kidnapping catwoman (who was a super ***** to me earlier that game) and using her as my test subject; Almost successfully kidnapping Batman in WOTK. I created a huge bomb that pretty much froze everything in its radius and dropped it on thousands of people during a press conference that i was holding. Batman, not realizing that it was a freeze bomb, tried to stop the it from detonating in midair by using a freeze ray to freeze the bomb, but of course that didn't work. So he took the bulk of the frozen explosion along with everyone else at that conference including me. But according to plan, my henchman and I were able thaw ourselves using different heated mechanisms on our bodies. So since batman was frozen, i was easily able to inject him with some knockout chemical and pick him up and fly away with him in my helicopter (along with other important individuals in gotham). So I already have him in my helicopter flying to my remote base but then EE realizes he made a mistake. When batman fell from the sky, the ice he was encased in should have cracked enough so that he was able to get out before I was able to thaw myself. So we had to reset everything back to that point, and what ended up happening was Batman and I had an epic fight which consisted of him running away and me trying to catch him. Despite not catching him, i was still able to kidnap alot of other important individuals so overall the plan was a success.;

Me beating smashman in our second vergfight. (unfortunately I can't reveal the details of that)

Some of my worst moments include: robbing a bank in my own car which lead to me getting arrested...Not having my freeze suit both times I saw encountered batman early game. (though the first time i was able to escape)...Dying in Infection2 because the npc i was with decided to shoot at other ingame players while we were floating along down a river in very plain sight. So we got easily shot because the other players thought we were bad guys.

yea i think thts it

Who do you like/dislike playing with in mafia games? Again, what about adventure games?

I like playing mafia with all the vets. They were really fun. I like hydraing with riddle just cuz hes the homie. I don't think theres anyone I dislike playing mafia with. I really really like playing mafia with Karthik King cuz he was hilarious and Moriarty cuz he is hilarious.

In adventure games, I like playing with most of the really good players since they either keep me on my toes/and make thinsg really challenging if theyre against me or theyrejust great to have on my team. some of those people include: Tom, mashad, medi, Eor, Rockin(but just cuz i laugh at the dumb **** that happens to him.), marshy, plus alot more that I don't feel like remembering.

for best adventure game moments: when Tom, marshy and I, plowed through Lombos adventure game beta. Again, i don't really think theres anyoen I dont lik eplaying with in adventure games except for super inactive ppl

Did you actually read all of EE's interview?

yep, Tho i can't say the same for a few of his posts in mafia. As of late my entire mafia play has revolved around me skimming the thread and bull****ting in posts so when a post like EE's comes up its like, I'm already super lazy, yu cant expect me to read all of this. haha, just kidding.......kinda

What was you opinion of LOTR mafia?

I don't remember it too well lol. Except that adumb played an amazing scum game and that Chaco played in that game <3

If you could pick any one character in a LOTR adventure game to be, who would you pick?

Hmmm, I'm not really sure. A year ago I would said noone cuz LOTR is terrible, but I actually decided to watch it lol, and it was really good. None of the characters other than Gandalf were that amazing to me, so i'm not sure who I'd be. Actually on second thought, i'd be on of the 2 hobbits (the ones that weren't frodo and sam, i forgot their names XD) as long as the other hobbit I was with was a suitable and fun(ny) adventure gamer. We wouldn't even do anything really to progress the game instead just run around and cause trouble and chill with old tree men while smoking trees.

What was your favorite mafia game in Dgames?

Hmm, there are really too many good ones, I can't really name a favorite. Most of the ones that I played within the first year that I started going to dgames were really fun.

What is your favorite town role? Scum role? Independent role?

town role: mason recruiter.
scum role: none really, maybe godfather? idk, any scum role I get I hate.
indy: SK actually is pretty fun.

What is your favorite open setup?

Vengeful, trendy and subversive, lovers, lovers and friends (the one I made.) Pretty much any set up that is small enough to play in aimmafia.

Assuming that all players in a game would be completely active at all times, would you prefer to play in a larger game, or a smaller game? What is your ideal game size?

Def smaller. When there are alot of people in a game, I tend to feel like I don't need to be as active. Smaller is better because it's much harder for people to hide and be inactive. Also, smaller games tend to have less swingy/unconventional roles. I also think smaller games tend to play out with more emphasis on pure mafia concepts and logic as opposed to it being a popularity contest. 9-13 is probably my ideal game size for forum mafia.

If you could add/change/remove any rule that is pretty standard here in Dgames for mafia games, what would it be and why?

I wouldn't let hydras post logs because it's whack...
When hydras post logs, a town player has to now go through that log to figure out whether or not this player is being genuine. Instead of reading someone based off interaction with other players, town has to now also analyze someones interaction with themselves which I feel goes against the spirit of mafia. Also because if its allowed, whats to stop town for asking hydras to post all their logs, if the hydra is mafia, this adds alot of unnecessary burden.

What is your ideal Neutral/CP stage list for Melee singles? (No more that 7 neutrals, but you can have as many CPs as you want)

I think the pound5 ruleset is fine. Brinstar and Rainbow Cruise are pretty whack tho, but whatever.

What is your most/least favorite Melee matchup to play?

I really don't like dittos in general. Especially falcon dittos, which suck because whenever I pick falcon, everyone thinks its cool to pick falcon too. IT'S NOT. But in general, I like most of the melee match ups. I'm not sure what my favorite is, probabaly my ness and kevins marth vs any other team.

What is your most/least favorite matchup to watch?

I like watching almost any melee match in which the players are good. Armada vs Mango peach vs jiggs finals as well as hbox vs mango jiggs dittos were mad entertaining for me despite the popular consensus.

Who is the hardest player for you to read in mafia?

Swiss probably. I always fall for his 'hurr durr I'm mafia' spheal and it always makes me think hes obvtown no matter what. KevinM should get a mention here too just because of how badly I read him in phoenix wright mafia. I would have bet so much that he was scum, I was strongly considering fake claiming cop with a guilty on him just to get him lynched.

What would your dream game flavour and what character/role would you ideally get in said setup?

I've never really though about this so I don't really have an answer. There are too many good options for themed games.

Would you have teamed up with Two Face?

Probably. It really depends on the scenario, but Taranski would've been down to team with anyone as long as they could help him. I don't know too much about twoface from in game but it seems Taranski and he could have had alot of in common. Also, I think it was twoface who had that hellish collar? Taranski may or may not have been able to help or could have atleast tried.

Why the hell did you use a company car to rob the credit union?

Yea... I was just bored and impulsive. EE giving players free roam and no set goals was somewhat difficult for me at first. I didn't know what I shoulda been doing and as soon as I started playing I wanted to do something cool. I hadn't played an adventure game similar to Gotham and I wasn't aware of the full consequences of my actions. I can't say I regret it too much though, my game still played out well and getting caught early on actually turned out to work in my favor. Kinda...

[/b]What were the limits and abilities of your freeze gun? Do you remember the explanation for how it worked?[/b]

Initially my freeze gun was fairly limited in what it could do. From what I understood, that gun shot out some sort of cyrogenic fluid that would instanly freeze when in contact with cold air. Simultaneosly it would somehow lower the temperature of the area it was aiming by expelling cold air which would freeze the cyrogenic fluid moments after it got shot out. The gun also needed to be charged along with my suit. It also didn't have infinite ammo im pretty sure.

I eventually completely changed it and also made myself a much better combat freeze suit.

What were your most memorable adventure game moments?

I'm definitely gonna forget some as well as repeat some earlier answers. Pretty much all of my Gotham adventure was memorable.

Dying in infection 2.

In a GAE beta, we were supposed to obtain some sort of artifact/component or something like that. So we do all this hard stuff and finally get into this place where the artifact is. After fighting a ton of people we actually forget to grab the thing we came to get and we make our daring escape which was also full of people tryna kill us. So when we get back to HQ we realize we forgot this component and we actually have to go back and get it. Going back the second time was definitely harder too.

When I pulled an all nighter playing a GAE beta where a small group of us had to defend a huge fort or something from an entire army.

Lombo's beta with marshy and tom.

All my virgfights and one medifight.

idk theres a ton.

What were your most upsetting mafia game moments?

KevinM not being mafia in Phoenix Wright Mafia...Everyone wanting to lynch me in Scum Wars Mafia (every game) despite being one of the most obvtown players...Ruining KevinM's mafia game.

Most upsetting adventure game moments?

Dying in infection 2 def....Then getting caught so early in Gotham and my wife dying. (Which was actually the opposite of upsetting since it basically meant I could come back to the game as a superviallain.)

Who were your arch enemies in notable mafia games and why?

I'm cool with everyone in Mafia, I can't think of anyone I'd consider an archenemy.

Who were your arch enemies in adventure games and why?

This differs from game to game.

Who are you always wary of going into mafia games, and why?

I'm only usually wary of people when I'm scum. I generally have no reason to be wary of anyone when town. But when I'm scum, I'm wary of people like omni who just keep pushing me to be active despite my want to lurk. And especially KevinM who would get a scumread on me and tell all of town and noone would listen to him at all. It didn't matter how hard I would try to come off as townie, he would still push me. Actually when I'm town I'm wary of people like marshy/tom who are like impossible to lynch. So if theyre scum, itd be hard to actually lead a lynch on them.

Who are you always wary of going into adventure games, and why?

Anybody whose good. Everyones thinking of ways to one-up each other and trick each other. Backstabs happen like all the time, and its always difficult knowing who could be trusted. You learn to always be careful and always question peoples motives.

If you could pick three scumbuddies for a mafia game, who would you choose?

I'd prefer to not be scum. But generally, anyones whose willing to talk about the game with me would be cool. Junglefever and SummonerAU were both great scumpartners simply because we talked about the game we were in all the time.

If you could pick three townies to help you in a mafia game, who would you choose?

Marshy, tom, and vergilijus probably.

do you still enjoy playing mafia? if so do you enjoy it as much as you used to?

umm, kinda. It really depends on my mood. Sometimes I hate it, sometimes i want to play all the time and improve as much as possible. I definitely don't enjoy it as much as I did back when i first started. Probably because I am less familiar with most of the common players nowadays.

any advice you wanna give new players on how to improve?

Play Alot. The best way to get better is through experience. Also, playing alot improves your meta on different people which I think is pretty important for getting base reads on people. Read stuff on mafiascum.net. You can learn some interesting stuff there. Some general tips that I just made up and are probably bull****: Always question why someone's saying something. Ask yourself what you would do if you were scum/town in someones situation, and see if what theyre doing is similar to what you would do. Look beyond obvious things, generally scum won't make the obvious scumtells or mistakes.

have you had any experiences in mafia games that left a serious impact on how you viewed the game or how you played? that taught you lessons and improved your play as a result? if so what were they?

Phoenix Wright Mafia taught me not to be stubborn and tunnelvisioned.
BWM2 taught me that being mafia doesn't have to be absolutely terrible.
Scum Wars and BWM2 taught me that alot about mafia is just keeping up appearances.

how was your day today? howve you been?

2 finals I haven't studied for later today. As well as being super busy with other stuff. =/

if you could meet and chill with 5 dgamers irl who would they be and why?

Definitely not whack *** people like KevinM, rockin or FF. It would be cool to kick it with marshy and steel down in Jersey. I'd also love to meet EE since we talk alot and hes seems like hed be mad chill in person. Tom because I'd definitely want to know how he is in person. Adumbrodeous also seems to be madddd chill and we seem to have alot of things in common, itd be cool to meet up with him too. Niiro and Riddle too cuz theyre the homies.

Why are you called macman? Do you really like McDonalds?

lol macman was just a name I thought was gangster when i was like in 4th grade.
everyone asks me if i like macs and I do not, theyre whack. I was actually addicted to mickeyDs for a month and had it almost every single day during that span of time.

What's your favourite TV Show?

Way too many to name. But since everyone needs to see Arrested Developement before they die, I'm just gonna say that.

Seen any good movies recently?

I saw the Majestic a few days ago, and I really liked that. War Games was also amazing.

What was the last game you beat?

Lol, I don't even know. I stopped playing 1player games a long time ago. Actually, the last game I remeber beating was: http://www.thecompanyofmyself.com/

Favourite game of all time?

I'm obviously gonna say melee.

why do you always make omni mafia in AIM mafia

Because omni is the scum of the earth.

NOTE: I didn't realize I tended to do this, but if anyone would know what my aimmaf mod meta is, itd be you jungle

How good was that Ice Cream the other night?

Inexplicably good.

You pumped for Friday?

I'm sure I was.

Are you going to lie about our set count?

Lol, noone needs to know that we're even in sets

Why did I **** you so bad when you were high last weekend?

I still remember that. It was kinda demoralizing, getting 3 consistently was fun. That's prolly why I started hating the game for a couple days.

What do you think would have been the coolest stuff in season two of Rubicon?

Seeing what happened to Spangler and what role he'd play in new season.

Do you think there would have been an episode called The Star Spangled Spangler?

Haha, Definitely.

What was your journey like, being a brand new adventure gamer, then becoming someone widely acknowledged as one of Batman's most dangerous enemies in We Own the Knight? What kind of things did you learn, how did you approach it at first, how did that change the way you thought/approached things later, etc?

Well of course I had a really rough start and I had to learn from my mistakes quickly. Like I said before, initially I just wanted to do stuff instead of planning things out and being more cautious. I remember back in infection 2, Eor told me that the game was going to be alot harder than previous adventure games, and that many people were going to die early. That of course made me strive to stay alive. I actually did ok in that game, Eor would purposely be vague when describing things and just straight up misleading in an effort to get people to kill themselves(Sorry Rockin). He probably let most of the players into his game not to play but just see in what ways he could make people look dumb killing themselves lolol.

But um yea, that along with my first experiences in Gotham showed me that I needed to be cautious in everything I did. After realizing that I screwed myself over in robbing the bank is when that message really caught on. From then on, I made sure to have back up plans for a wide array of scenarios. Including using pretimed bombs to take hostages if I ever were to be arrested - this action would have actually lost me the game since I didn't go completely through with it or think out the plan properly, the bombs could have easily detonated and killed my wife which would have been instant loss. So yea I wasn't even cautious about being cautious. But anyways, being able to think quickly and assess all possible options was necessary and is imperative for any agamer to be decent. For example, when batman had ambushed me in my car, without my suit, I instantly thought to crash the car into a wall so that he got the brunt of the force and allowed me to make my escape.

Another thing that i had to learn was to trust noone. Tom showed me this, when he betrayed me to Gordon when we attempted to break out of our holding cells. But I learned from this mistake quickly as well. When I was on house arrest someone had broken into my house and stole my ****, including my sick wife's wedding ring. Yea, mad grimy ****. Tom, aka catwoman contacts Taranski later and asks him to help her with stuff. I immediately assume catwoman was the one that stole my crap, and under the pretense of helping her, I was able to backstab tom and kidnap catwoman. Catwoman and Mr. Freeze had a pretty ***ed up relationship actually under the pretense of friendship. (I blame that all on tom)

Anyways, so yea once i learned the core concepts in succeding in adventure games. It all got better from there. Coming up with my own plans, and actually putting them into motion was alot more fun than the mindless bank robbery I had done earlier in the game.

I don't know how well I did compared to other villains/players but I'd like to say for one of my first agaming experiences I did fairly well.

What was it like to play that character? It was interesting for me to mod, the way he evolved, starting as a kind of anti-hero, then becoming an actual hero, then becoming dead inside and aspiring to madness and supervillainy. Tell us a little bit about where you left off (for non-players/game followers) and what you had in store for the future.

I didn't care for Mr. Freeze at first, (except for that one TAS episode with him in it. ****'s pretty heart wrenching.) But he definitely grew on me as a character. His life is pretty tragic and one could clearly see how his story/whats happened to him has clearly affected his mental growth. Both my backstory and my ingame story is filled with tragedy, along with short spikes of success. He was never a true evil villain, just a misguided genius whose hand was forced due to the way the world left him.

I think once his wife died and he started having those conversations with the joker is when he truly became some sort of psychopath. Before then, he still upheld his morals and still had compassion for other people, which is evident when we see him let catwoman live and save all of humanity from every disease know to man - effectively becoming a bigger hero than batman(lol). He of course had issues before the death of his wife, (freezing the hand of some random bank security guard, plans to take people hostage via bomb threats) but, most of those things were rationalized by his desire to save his wife.

So after he died, and due to some egging on by the Joker, he found solace in his suffering. All that was in him was to show the world even a fraction of the pain he went through so that they could all see from his perspective. Only once people suffered would they ever truly understand the plight of sick and suffering in the world. Only then could they understand why people at nature are corruptible due to bad circumstances. (Even Batman wasn't infallible, my character was able to prove this notion by getting Batman to kill ordinary civilians who were simply trying to help their loved ones.) Then they would understand stuff like why there are crime poluted neighborhoods. (Which was my escuse to become a villain again) I actually thought alot about Taranski's thoughts back then. So Dr. Freeze started a cult(tl;dr) and needed to make a speech to actually convert his followers, so these kind of concepts are what I came up with. Alot of it was straight repetition from conversations freeze had with Eor's Joker.

But yea, Taranski was a tragic person. I was only getting started with this new Dr. Freeze and doing fairly well. Taranski was going to start working with the Joker in doing some ****. (Freeze was definitely going to get his revenge on the Joker at some point. But I hadn't thought of anything cool enough that I wanted to do, and plus the Joker was fueling my character both financially and idealistically so I was planning on saving him for last)

I was working out a plan to kill batman. (The game ended before I could solidify most of the details) At this point I had the cure to everything and I was going to kidnap a bunch of well known/famous/important people who suffered from various terminally-ill diseases. Politicians/pop icons/business leaders/families of any of these. I would then release a few of them after I had successfully cured them of whatever disease I had. This would show that my cure actually worked. I was going to then publicly announce that I was holding the only formula of the cure hostage(as well as the rest of the hostages), and was going to get rid of it in a certain amount of time if Batman didn't come alone. Then I was going to set up some warehouse where I kept the rest of the hostages along with the formula for the cure. And I was going to set up some sort of mechanism where in order to get the formula, Batman would have to sacrifice his life for it. Ideally it wouldda been similar to Bruce having to decide whether to turnn himself in, in TDK, but instead hed be deciding whether to die for the greater good of humanity in general. And his actions would be recorded with a hidden videocam, and it'd somehow be obvious if he chose to save his own life over the cure. So the if he decided to let the formula be destroyed, the entire world will see the decision he made and it would show them what kinda person Batman truly is. And if he did decide to risk his life for it, then hed be dead, and the world would suffer that loss. Buttttttttttttt yea, those were the sort of plans that people would come up with when playing Gotham.

Anyways, long last few responses. It was fun doing this.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
If you could pick any one character in a LOTR adventure game to be, who would you pick?

...i'd be on of the 2 hobbits (the ones that weren't frodo and sam, i forgot their names XD) as long as the other hobbit I was with was a suitable and fun(ny) adventure gamer. We wouldn't even do anything really to progress the game instead just run around and cause trouble and chill with old tree men while smoking trees.
/i n

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Wowowowowow

He mentioned me in "being ********" and scraping me in Melee ... but not as somebody he enjoys playing with or hanging out? I'm huuuuuuuuuuu+rt.

:059:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Don't worry Yedi's a scrubbbbbb. Nah jk he scrapped me too. lol.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Kidnapping catwoman (who was a super ***** to me earlier that game) and using her as my test subject

yea you are an idiot i broke you out of jail because you were sick and dying and you told me your wife was dying too

also who cares if i stole your wifes wedding ring it was mine anyways
flowchart:
is it valuable?
is it in gotham city?

if both yes, it belongs to me

jk ^^ i had a lot of fun playing with taranski

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I don't know why the Rockin jokes started, but they seem to paint him as a very successful homosexual.

Top Bottom