• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DG Interview Thread: Walrus? Toasted

RPS

• Total voters

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
You are lovers with someone. Who is it?

Who would you least want to be lovers with?

:phone:

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
do you have any advice for newer players?

how about players who are looking to improve themselves in general? how would they go about identifying their own weaknesses and working on them?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Is there a game you like to re-read because it was fun?

What game is your favorite to brag about?

Do you want the Mayling family back as much as some of us do?

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Why aren't you platinum in league yet?

Swiss

Smash Lord
Why Swiss of all things?
I used to carry a Swiss Army Knife around with me for a few years, name just got given, I don't remember when, but it looks sharp.

SHARP. Get it?

Sharp.

Saltiest player that's not gheb?
Ahahahah, I hadn't seen this.

What is most the controversial advice you could give to a nwe player
That most players play wrong. That they should always stick to their reads regardless of general consensus. That they should never be afraid to lead.

It'd be nice if they did, but we'd end up with an egocentric idiot causing strife and splitting town called Chibo.

Your plane goes down over a jungle, as you crawl out of the burning wreckage, you are approached by a bear. Which dgamer is the bear? Will you survive the encounter? (you may use the fact that only a relatively small number of bears exist in rainforests in your answer)
The bear was Rockin.

I....I don't want to talk about it.

Hey babe, would you drink me under the table?

Why do you think that so few people have any idea whatsoever about how Swiss thinks?
Twice.

Likely because I'm so arrogant I refuse to tell them. Which has changed somewhat today....his twisted soul is bared.

Any luck finding the lads?
Lately I've been (unintentionally) more successful with guys than girls, and have sexy times waiting for me with 3 guys.

Favourite non-killing role to draw?
Doc, I've never had doc.

Remember bad grammar troll Swiss?
Undefeated.

You are lovers with someone. Who is it?

Who would you least want to be lovers with?

:phone:
Ryker. We all know it.

Dastrn. Because.

do you have any advice for players who are looking to improve themselves in general? how would they go about identifying their own weaknesses and working on them?
Understand why you lost a game, or your reads were wrong. Instead of thinking how many of your reads were right postgame, analyse why you got some wrong. When I get something wrong, I make sure I find out why.

Why aren't you platinum in league yet?
Rage.

I rage.

Justwona4v5happySwiss

Swiss do you want to do a Rockin or OS interview?
OS.

Wait am I done now?

This took longer than I had anticipated.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Assuming a generous team of three, I'll go for myself, you and Ryker. I'd take OS (though I hate him) and Gord on the bench. Gord for the wifom, who the hell would choose him?
-dead- @ Gorf comment

I see you need to be reminded about a few things again though! :bee:

:059:

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I feel like a Ryker/Swiss Town Lovers would actually work despite the fact that I think Lovers is one of the worst role that two active players can draw. I feel like we could work the masonry angle to a degree that we could overcome the drawbacks.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Seriously J, you need to break out the .gifs again and go against Ryker and I when we're playing AM. A Dahlia/Sho match-up would be incredible.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
And since we all know who's winning

If you were trapped in a small room with Rockin and Soup and had to perform sexual favors to escape, what would you do and why?

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
It is not I

Books wise I'm a huge fan of Game of Thrones - and also an author called Stephen Erikson who wrote 'Malazan Book of the Fallen' which is utterly brilliant.
Where is a like button when you need one ?

For J :

What is your favourite role to draw *any alignment*

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Also

Because I read differently to other players. Often I care very little about stances, opinions and votes. What speaks to me is the way the person posted, what order of points they chose, which players they subtly link to, their attitude and choice of words. In order to understand of they are genuine or scum I have to know which player was posting. Whether in a hydra or not it is STILL two heads and those heads have their own processes.

Do you understand the sheer ignorance people showed by telling me how I read the game? I know how I read the game, I've been doing it years. If you knew the number of times I've created fake cases on someone as people don't understand my own points you'd cry. I do read conventionally as well, and lots, but I feel this extra dimension is invaluable as a player. It's how in Shining Force I had two scum pinned within minutes.
That makes sense. I've been slowly trying to approach something of this standard for awhile now, but the reason I shied away from it in Ryker maf was because I didn't particularly care to waste time identifying which head was posting and because there are going to be posts that look off coming from that player simply from the influence of another head. It seems like something that could potentially cause mislynches, or could you see through that in the first place?

Swiss

Smash Lord
Also

That makes sense. I've been slowly trying to approach something of this standard for awhile now, but the reason I shied away from it in Ryker maf was because I didn't particularly care to waste time identifying which head was posting and because there are going to be posts that look off coming from that player simply from the influence of another head. It seems like something that could potentially cause mislynches, or could you see through that in the first place?
I'd be suspicious of they weren't influenced by the other head. Hydras make it more difficult but by no means impossible.

If this is a style you're trying to get into don't learn it on hydras, just in normals.

Top Bottom