• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DG Interview Thread: Walrus? Toasted

RPS

• Total voters

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Welp. I'm actually fine either way.

unvote??

glyph where are you

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Okay this janx is closed then, I'm working this week so don't expect much from me in the near future but once this passes I'll be back at it.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
So I'm not counting these votes but I've decided OS probably won.

Ask him questions now!

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
Totally forgot about this thread...

How can you give hydras mod votes when you don't give regular vote counts? :p

In your games, as soon as one scum falls the rest of the team usually crumbles or needs a lot of luck to pull off a win… Could you explain your philosophy with regards to game design?

Have you ever designed a scum team around bussing? If not, would you?

Have you ever designed an open set up? If yes, do you plan on running it? If no, why not?

Why do you use role names like Mafia Sorceress? How is a little indy supposed to convince Town there was a yak if the mafia doesn't flip mafia yak? :p.

Can I pm you my 10 requests for OS All Stars mafia? :p

Why are you always breaking games?

Did Zen really break Detective 1?

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Your set ups are definitly some of the more unique ones on Dgames. So what standards are you following to always make sure that your set ups are balanced?

Why can't you just scum hunt normally when you're town?

No, seriously, WHY can't you just scumhunt normally when you're town. You know, you might actually do better for it.

Which alignment do you enjoy playing as the most and why?

Okay, so assuming you just answered mafia to the last question, which do you enjoy more: hosting unique set ups or playing as scum?

If you could only pick one theme out of FF, heroes/villians, and time travel to base a mafia game around for the rest of your life, which one would you pick and why?

Any favorite books/tv shows/movies/anime/video games/music that you feel is worth sharing with us?

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Why did town in FE suck so horribly?

What would your all-star team of town/scum players be?

What more could I have done in Time Travelers to win MVP?

Suppose you got an indy role, how would you play it? (Extra points if it wasn't bulletproof.)

What's your favorite role of all time?

Who would win in a case battle in LYLO, you or EE?

Any comments on DBZ/Mario Kart mafia?

What was your best town play? Best scum play?

Any comments on my recent play? Tips to improve? Also, I'm curious, since you've never actually seen me as scum (and I've rarely if ever BEEN scum), what's your plan to read me?

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
What's your point, kuz? I'm interested in knowing how to improve my play to the point of being MVP, is there something wrong with that?

(As a side note, I would have liked MVP in time travelers, but I understand OS's rationale for not giving one.)

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
What's your favorite open setup for under 10 players? Over 10 players?

Favorite role to receive as town? Mafia? Indy? Why?

What players do you think have the most interesting or effective playstyles? Not really asking which ones you think are strategically the best, but what ones you simply find interesting in a generally positive way.

What's exciting and interesting in your life right now? Give us a peek at what sorta stuff consumes your average day.

If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you go?

Do you spend time on SWF anywhere other than Dgames? Where?

What's your ideal pet?

What setup do you like the most out of all the closed setups you've seen here at SWF? Which one did you like the least or have the most issues with? (Doesn't have to be a game you played in, can't be any of your own games)

Which closed setup here at SWF do you think was the most balanced? Why? (again, not including your own games)

What kind of PRs (either town or anti-town) do you feel are too overpowered or are too swingy and thus shouldn't be used?

Will we ever hydra again, and if we do will we ever live past day 1 when we're both actually playing?

If you could just magically become absolutely insanely good, like world class, at any sport or video game, what would it be, assuming you weren't allowed to make any money off of it? Basically what would you wanna be sick at just for the sake of being skilled, not for ulterior motives like making money or whatever.

Remember when you tried to break my BIM Remix? :B

Rajam

Smash Champion
How do you balance your all-PR games? do you keep some guidelines in mind?

when you create or think of a game, which attribute you care about the most: some really cool role to revolve things around, flavor, some mechanic, general setup balance, other thing?

From games you've already run, which are your favourites, in order?

Seems you're against vanilla roles... do you think giving those eventual vanillas some sort of power role, even if it is something pretty worthless, is a "good" solution, or some sort of solution that can "help" in the future for new games?

Which do you think are "broken" roles? over-used and under-used roles? cool and not-so-cool roles? roles that are used in a wrong way? (I mean from a setup creation point-of-view)

Which sort of roles may fit well for indies, other than the classical serial killer? not necesarily asking for a specific role, but instead what characteristics or traits should indies have given a certain setup. What is their slot expected to achieve in the game, and how do you balance them?

Any tip for new / intermediate players?

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Interviewer's note: All questions made by Shadow Moth will be ignored or replaced by more appropriate ones

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Make a joke about Rockin.

How did you get into beading?

If that wasn't clear, make a GAY joke about Rockin. And even if it was clear and you already did, make another one.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Quick! You have James Bond captive and it is mandatory that you kill him in a drawn out and humiliating manner. How do you accomplish this and what do you say in your evil monologue?

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
wow I love that one

Can't wait for the answer. I vote that this become standard questioning, ala best/worst moments, arch nemeses, etc

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Quick! You have James Bond captive and it is mandatory that you kill him in a drawn out and humiliating manner. How do you accomplish this and what do you say in your evil monologue?
Yeah, this is a pretty awesome question.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
How do I answer these, btw? Does someone let me know when I answer them or what?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Whose favorite puppet are you to manipulate?

Edit: 34y34f5346irzu7x#+hrlfjhsöfkyjrec ninja

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
What's one player you do NOT want to have to manipulate as scum?

How about as town, who do you dread seeing in a game?

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
If you found $5 in your pocket what would you spend it on?

If I met you in real life, would you buy me a pizza?

I think you may have something I don't. Tell me what that is.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
So about how much longer should I leave this open for questions?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Can you think of a reason I wasn.'t lynched as your scummate in FE mafia?

How often do you do the, get yourself lynched to paint a road for reads on D1 idea?

When you planing to do OS mafia allstars?

Is there an alternative to mafia like kingmaker or something you like to do?

What is your favorite and least favorite mafia game?

Got advice on my playing in mafia?

:phone:

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
If you desperately needed Frozenflame to stop his famed lurking and post in one of your mafia games, what would you do?

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Rank these Batman performances and say a bit about why maybe: Kevin Conroy, Christian Bale, Michael Keaton, Val Kilmer, George Clooney

Rank these Joker performances and say a bit about why maybe: Mark Hamill, Heath Ledger, Jack Nicholson, also maybe some miscellaneous others you know of.

What do you think of Nolan's Batman movies?

What do you expect from a good Batman adaptation? What about the Joker, in particular?

Top Bottom