• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DG Archive & MVPs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
EE each mod has their own standards for awarding MvP. You keep saying "we" but it is not "we" who choose MvP, it is the moderator of the game and always has been. Allowing people to vote for MVP is not a requirement. It's just something a couple of mods started doing which turned into people assuming that's what they should do at the end of every game. In reality it's the mod's decision only. Using other games to argue against John's decision holds no value as those game's standards are mutually exclusive from John's own standards.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Oh I'm not even saying people should vote for MVP or anything. I'm talking about precedent. There's a difference between following a precedent of standards and outright democracy. John can drop the hammah if he wants to and just say "It's my decision, not yours, and this is what I want." I'll let that go. But I'm saying if he wants to lay claim to "I respect everyone's opinion", he's doing a shoddy job of earning it.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Sasukebowser MVP for Utrick'd3 mafia

I am the mod of the game and reserve the right to give it to anyone I choose

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Has dual MvP with a losing townie ever happened outside of my SSBB MvP?

:phone:
If this is the only one, I would argue that the precedent should never have been set in the first place. I got it for nailing the scum team on D1, dying N1, having the second scummer lynched after I died on D2, and then ChibiTom took over and ran over the playerlist. I played solidly, but didn't have the effect on the game necessary to win, so it isn't exactly worth much.

:phone:

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Youmu Konpaku is one of the stranger entities in Gensokyo, part-human and part-phantom at the same time. Her two halves are not intermixed like one would expect from a cross-breed, but actually exist in physically separate bodies.

It's Myon, her ghost-half :v

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
****ing LOST

edit: oh my ****ing gorf damn like

even Xonar's REASON for changing the avatar fits hahahahahhahahahah

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
I literally laughed until I got a little lightheaded when I looked at the avatar a second time and noticed the thing I edited in there

Kantrip

Kantplay
FYI, John, saying "I respect everyone's opinion" and then ignoring the points and arguments they raise ... you think that's being the nice guy, but it isn't, man. It's just dismissing the idea that you should have to justify your decisions when they are put under scrutiny and questioned. I get the intent which is to be nice to everyone at the same time, but it's not doing that, it's deciding that your decisions are above the analysis or opinion of others (unless, of course, they agree with you).

You're specifically choosing to award MVP in a case where the right decisions were not made and the good result wasn't clinched. Maybe we should give Xonar MVP for Gigabots retroactively? Y'know, since if a few things went differently, he would have won the game! He was right there after all! And give me a retroactive MVP for Mafia All-Stars, since if I'd just played my usual technique and lynched X1-12 instead of gambling the setup speculation all OS-style to get us an investigation where guilty=dead townie, we'd have probably locked that one up! Just a couple throws right? And give Ryker MVP for Mario Party 2, because if he made just a few different calls town would have won that one!

I'm sorry, but your logic is incredibly suspect. Gorf didn't get MVP in Full Life Consequences Mafia, and yet he was at the helm for every one of three different antitown lynches. But he didn't get it. Because town didn't win, and ultimately, he didn't make the good stuff happen. Hell, he also didn't get it for DKM, a game that town won because of one decision he made, and he didn't get it despite pinning and lynching the scumteam D1 (N1 the other one died), he didn't make the right moves afterward to make the good stuff happen. Despite town winning, it should have lost, but Gorf still managed to force the lucky break the got later.

But he didn't get it, because it wasn't a performance that deserved to pop his MVP cherry.

I'm having a very hard time seeing this as anything on your part other than "RR played well and he's my friend"
Yeah I have to agree with EE. The fact that I ultimately decided NOT to give Gorf MVP for his very stellar play in my game, and then Red Ruy gets MVP for having good reads but LOSING the game (he was part of the ****ing last Day mislynch so he can't have been playing that on-point) is Puzzle Bobble is crazy. The variance between mods on what MVP means is just too wide for the award to even deserve to exist when things like that happen. If things had gone a little differently, I would have won that game too. Hell, independent players are the most valuable member of their faction of one every time they are included in a game. Can indys just get MVP for receiving their role PM?

/not salty about awkward moments

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
The variance between mods on what MVP means is just too wide for the award to even deserve to exist when things like that happen.
but revising stuff is unfair/mean/whatever

meanwhile, Ch!bo has gold dice.
hue

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
i feel like mvp system arguments cycle every 3 months. this puzzle bobble one differs in that i dont think ANYONE agrees with john here. not even the mvp himself

EDIT to be fair zonie chibo did spearhead all the scum lynches in sonic the hedgehog. he was def solid there but i cant comment on the other game he got it in

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
holy sweet ****ing christ

I hadn't read the last Day yet

RED RUY WAS PART OF THE LAST ****ING MISLYNCH?

Are you SERIOUS John?

No, I'm sorry. I'm throwing aside all attempts to be nice. You are literally just giving it to RR because he's your friend and you think he played well enough to deserve some dice finally probably. That's it. The end.

Absolutely astonished right now.

BSP

Smash Legend
Quicklynch :embarrass:

I was reading the thread when the day opened and I couldn't even get a post out lol.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
God. You're kidding me.

I'm sorry John but this decision is the definition bias; I'd already suspected that you might have been influenced by as much, but I hadn't seen that last leg of incomprehensibly bad play at the time. I was giving you the benefit of the doubt. Maybe you weren't being all that biased and just really wanted to be nice to the best townie who also just happened to be your buddy

but no, that's not what happened. This decision is literally BS, dude. Gorfdamn.

Seriously, you are giving MVP to a townie that was part of a m/lylo quicklynch that LOST THE GAME. Before some people could POST. What???

Here's a little DGames history, kids. Originally, MVP was going to be awarded by a committee of trustworth, objective, veteran players. But time marched on, and DGames got more popular, and the committee folks were just too darn busy to read every game.

But, not to be dissuaded, solutions were discussed, and what was generally agreed upon is fair was that game mods would make the call, and that the call would probably be a good/agreeable one, and if not perhaps the DGames mod/MVP committee types/whatever would have to step in. In the name of DGames fairness and stuff.

I'm not sure when this idea was abandoned. Maybe it never was. Maybe it was just straight up forgotten because it never became necessary.

But, I look at this situation.......

Orboknown

Smash Hero
not to take a **** on john over what happened, here EE
God. You're kidding me.
With Nights seeming shorter and shorter to the remaining Members left alive, the sun continued to rise on the following Day.

For the ones who survived the night, at least.

Vinyl (Willy [Animal], Town One-Shot Census Taker) has been killed during the Night!

Day Five Begins!

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch!

Not Voting(5): Riddle, BarBell, Tako, Red Ruy, BSP

Deadline is set to: October 10th, 11:59PM MST
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FONN-0uoTHI

Vinyl/Tako were the obvious choices last Night considering they are both clear, so I'm not surprised that no one else died.

I've thought it over a couple times, but I see absolutely no reason why we shouldn't hardbody BSP, then Riddle, then RR. RR, your stance on BSP makes no sense considering he's been much more scummy than anyone else still alive. If he flips Town, I'll go Riddle, but I need to rid myself of this nauseating feeling that you're somehow magically scum with BSP. It's unlikely that there's a two man team, but I'm not going to give in to chance.

Vote: BSP

Let's do it.

10char

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I'd rather people just drop the MvP stuff, I personally don't play for it, if I get it cool but w/e.

Marshy and co said no, so let's leave it here.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
RR made the call on the game-losing ML before either of two actual mafia.

He makes his vote after someone votes right out of the gate (and was, of course, scum). He made the vote 3 minutes after saying he's "thinking about this". Five minutes after Bardullscum voted.

He was the only townie on that lynch.

No. I really cannot accept this. This is the antithesis of MVP play. Literally the antithesis. I'd love to see RR get dice some day, and by sheer mathematical probability, it'll happen some day. But not from this game.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Have to go with most people here. RR getting mvp here is almost as dumb as kevin getting mvp for celeb.

Oh wait.

He got it.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
townkevmo gave a gun[daykill] to scummac(because he thought mac was scum) that would have resulted in mac and JD winning, except mac shot the wrong person(the won who would have lynched os with him)

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Kevin got mvp, despite the fact that he was a gunsmith that gave a gun to scum and if macman hadn't accidentally shot the wrong person would have cost town the game.

Lovably Adorable Kanine

Red Ryu|John2k4
RR made the call on the game-losing ML before either of two actual mafia.

He makes his vote after someone votes right out of the gate (and was, of course, scum). He made the vote 3 minutes after saying he's "thinking about this". Five minutes after Bardullscum voted.

He was the only townie on that lynch.

No. I really cannot accept this. This is the antithesis of MVP play. Literally the antithesis. I'd love to see RR get dice some day, and by sheer mathematical probability, it'll happen some day. But not from this game.
Probably not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom