• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DG Archive & MVPs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
no to govas idea cuz then ****ty people who get themselves lynched deservedly and/or hurt their faction get recognized when their teammates were the ones who did the work
The problem with this statement and many of the statements in this thread is that you actually care whether or not someone else gets a postbit on a video game forum. It's incredibly petty.

Half the players want to be recognized as secluded individuals of greatness. The other half realize that its just a little fun thing that holds no real value.

"ohhh mahguud that guy got an mvp now my mvp has less value and i get less recognition dis systm is broken"

Seriously people who shouldn't even care about this kind of stuff such as EE and marshy making such a big deal out of it is saddening and pathetic.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
not sure if zen is trolling or just campaigning for president of the strawman council

just gonna assume it's the former per usual and get on with my day

BSP

Smash Legend
it should just be changed to the light house game night system where when you get a certain number of wins you get a postbit. Encourages team play and stuff
I imagine 50 faction wins would take a loooooooooong time lol

:phone:

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
I'm all for abolishing dice. Doesn't mean we can't still recognize good play after a game is finished. It's not like we didn't do that before the MVP system anyway.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I enjoyed the game a lot more when you weren't insane. I don't want to abolish you though. Keep it. It's both recognition and free advertisement that gets people who would want it to stick around for awhile.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Also there is a little irony in saying people are making a big deal about a postbit when you're debating on whether it should be kept or not.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
why not just have mods keep track of how often someone with a town role is on a lynch of a town or non-town role and keep track and let the numbers speak for themselves

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
But it's not because you can employ any number of deceptive tactics that are successful and prevent it from accurately depicting an MvP even if you don't take into account the death of a player impacting how mnay lynches he can be part of.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I don't mean for MVP. I just mean to see success rate on lynches.

That said I go for lynches that aren't necessarily scum, but are necessary to find scum later, so it's not to say that a town lynch is bad. I guess it'd be better just to keep track of how many times someone was on the lynch of a mafia member.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
no MVP for league upick

forgot to mention

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
When Marshy comes home a sitcom is going to start with me and him living in the same house.. it will last exactly one episode, impregnate 894,932 women, start a new religion, end world conflict, and teach the people how to swag

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
gold dice in order of acquiring said:
Eor, Tom, mentosman8, frozenflame751, marshy, KevinM, Macman, Ronike, Xiivi, Rockin, Cello_Marl, Evil Eye, Ryker, Gheb_01, Mayling, Chuckie, Swiss, Chaco, Chibosempai, Omni, adumbrodeus, X1-12, Zεη, vanderzant, Overswarm, th3kuzinator, Tandora, Kataefi, J, July, Nabe, Circus, Sold2, ѕoup
most of these guys are pretty good and/or performed well in the games they were awarded in i now have a positive attitude towards dice

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Aggressive Mediation gets MVP for Elements and Attributes Mafia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom