• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DG Archive & MVPs

Status
Not open for further replies.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
That's weird, all those games have the showthread.php in the url attached to the text. Don't know why this happens but that is a temporary solution.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
I only remember because Gheb was salty over the fact that they didn't get MVP. :awesome:

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
just doing this for reference

Dissidia - Gheb, JTB, RF (0/0)
DKR - J, Joey, Kuz (1/3)
Bingo - Glyph, J, TDW (1/3)
Newbie 13 - Fynal, aa, Seikend (1/3)
Pizza - Glyph, Roxy, Gheb, July (2/4)
Dexter - T-block, J, Glyph, JTB, Tandora (3/5)
Touhou - Gord, OS, AA, Zen (1/4)
PF - EE, Gandhi, WL (2/3)
Melee - Joey, FF, Roxy, Adum (1/4)
utrick'd - sold, roxy, ISE, RR (1/4)
dgray - July, IR, Asdioh

bolded are people who i had as scum

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Lol DKR. Also Tery was our scum-mate.

You were in Dexter? o_O

What is this for Soupa?

:phone:

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
I think that Soup is comparing his reads with the MVP list. Not trying to prove anything D:

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
nah not trying to prove anything, just a reference to people i read correctly at a time and who i didn't, who were scum, i also did a correct town read list if you guys wanna see it

and yes i was J
and no i can't kuzi not until this weekend sorry

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
i think he's comparing his scumreads with the actual scum in the games he's been in.
not sure why it's in this thread instead of like, the social ha

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Honestly Soup, that thing that you're posting is not going to "teach" you anything.

Static reads are bad. Unless you can pin all scum immediately (guess how many people I think can do that hint hint less than one), your reads should be scrutinized and malleable. The rest of it is having your **** together enough to not be too malleable.

That means that, if you have your **** even 1% together, you should probably be suspicious of every scum slot at least once. That's assuming you don't die N1 or something, heh.

What do you teach yourself by keeping this record? In one of my earliest games I had all three scum pinned on D1 -- at one point. However, before long, various mafiatastic stupidities and such arose and eroded my focus. Town lost that game, as well, so I don't get to go "hurhur, had that **** down". Town lost, which means that although I had my **** together at one point, it was not together enough to go down the drain without flooding the toilet and okay this analogy is getting convoluted but you get me.

I haven't read most of those games. However, I read a lot of Bingo. Honestly, I'd forgotten you were even in it. But, if you did read Glyph in that game, you should be focusing more on the fact that he's the only correct read you had (at any point), and despite this he was able to win the game literally singlehandedly.

Not "hahaaa I HADDD YOUUU GLYPHHHH TOO BAD TOWN SUCKS GR" or whatever. That is very meaningless in the context of the game.

Dexter's another good example, although I've only heard of that game, haven't read it. You once again TOOOOTALLY had Glyph. Awesome. Except he cc'd the cop, and got him lynched. Which means, once again, your read was meaningless.

Pulp Fiction is a particularly egregious one. The only time you expressed suspicions of me were in your crackpot too-much-ganja scumteam theorycrafting. After that I was all town, all the time. And then you died. Similarly, you didn't do much of anything to put Gandhi in danger.

And yet, you helped lynch Laundry. You know what you can take credit for in that game? Helping to lynch Laundry.

You're still cramming this Epic Mafia mentality down the windpipe of your play, and asphyxiating it as a result. I played EM. I was good at it. And yes, there were a lot of frustrating I HAD YOUUUUUU moments where it really did come down to who can be louder or whatever or stupid townies or what have you. But forum mafia is not epic mafia. In forum mafia you have the time to investigate and communicate, and do both of these thing well. And then you have time to push.

Your ability to supposedly read people accurately over time is not going to help you. It's going to hinder you. You're going to focus on maintaining your meta expertise instead of focusing on learning what fundamental aspects of forum mafia you are doing wrong or right and acting accordingly to improve your play. Y'know, to get your **** together, as I'm fond of saying.

And that meta thang is gonna **** you anyway. You've told yourself that you read Glyphscum (Sclyph?) correctly every time. Guess where that's gonna lead? Some day Glyph's gonna be a townie, townin' up the place, and he's gonna do some null tell you've identified as your GLYPHSPERTISE SCUMTELL and get him mislynched. If you are so lucky to convince the town of that lynch! Maybe they won't, then he'll get lynched later, and then you might get lynched for going so hard after that D1 Glyph ML.

See what I'm saying?

And, honestly, it just doesn't show you anything. It shows you your own rosy evaluation of your play in each game. Gheb bothered me repeatedly in Bioware, but I let him get away with it and briefly convince me he was town late in the game. D5 (or whatever it was, maybe D6) resulted in me randomly getting my **** together at the last minute and pushing Gheb.

If I had second-guessed myself and voted for Nix, the useless inactive coasty unhelpful townie, would I have been keeping a tally where I tell myself how I was totally on Gheb? Nah. Whatever I would tell myself, the facts would be that I didn't make plays that helped get Gheb lynched. My thoughts at one random point where my **** was together don't mean a damn thing without results.

Don't focus on that stuff. Focus on your play. Focus on intricacies. Forum mafia ain't a damn formula.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Oh and the fact that you posted it here in public and didn't just save it on your harddrive where it won't be buried in a few weeks means you're totally provin somethin :mad: ;) :b: :awesome:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom