• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DG Archive & MVPs

Status
Not open for further replies.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Bingo mafia makes me feel all :bigmuscles:

:phone:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Example. I merely suspected EE only for his FoS on me. Never again have I really said anything about em. So, I don't credit that.

Honestly I didn't push a lynch of any scum. I mean, didn't get to lynch scum.

Soup, don't forget that you pushed for GORD that Day. I had no idea how Gord was scummy. He wasn't. I mostly suspected WL ALOT, but I then moved on to J. I was wrong. And I admit my faults.

I don't remember what your read on WL was, but it wasn't scum when I was pressuring you. I felt like you both were scum... but I was rly wrong and I lost focus.

Meta will screw you over like EE has said, in fact it screwed me over in PF. I had Ghandi as a town pr laying low cuz of meta. Ugh how wrong I was.

===========

Basically, I only take credit of scum lynches if I have:

1. Suspected them openly in thread
2. Pushed for their lynch
3. Was the first vote on their wagon
4. Got them lynched.
5. Won for town.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
But yeh, Soup, your play seems to be slowly deteriorating. Like, nearly every game I've played with you recently, you seem to always screw up in some way that benefits the opposite alignment. It's just convenient that, when you're town, you are often obvtown, so no one votes you on that ****.

Like, take UTrick'd. You said you had Sold as scum but you did nothing about it. Had you actually pursued him and lynched him, town would've won. Town so would've won. But instead of actually taking the time to go after your scumreads, you ****ed up all over the game. You claimed some bull**** early for really no good reason from what I can remember and you then retracted it and claimed cop. Then, when scum had the power to screw with you every night, you faked a guilty on me while tried to reason out a guilty on a guy in a confirmed masonry. All the while, Stew was sitting there, goading you into fighting people and you didn't call him on it at all. You essentially blew at least two phases, maybe three (I attribute your bull**** to me having to clean up Red Ruy). You 100% lost UTrick'd for town despite us being in it for most of the game and, when all was said and done, you still thought you played okay. No Soup, no you did not.

I'd honestly be okay with everything you did if you sat down, ignored the fact that you called someone at one point in the game, and realized how your actions impacted the game. You lost game for town in PF when you handed us the jailer, giving us the chance to kill Choice. You lost the game for your faction essentially when you claimed PGO and got lynched after J's claim in Gurren Lagann (but you woulda won anyway had JTB killed me and I hadn't gotten us modkilled) and also for changing the kill from myself to Raziek at the last second. You get modkilled frequently and you don't seem to really change your ways from it. And I'm sorry Soup, but until you stop making grand mistakes that do have a really negative impact overall for the game, I can't let it go. If I were on a scum team with you, I would not entrust you with anything at all because I get a feeling you'd ignore what I and our scummate would tell you to do and do what you think was right.

Just the other day, I was defending your stupid habit of trying to slip in quick-edits from Adumb (who had a really bad argument for it by the way) but when you keep making dumb mistakes and trying to justify it by how good your reads were, I can't really stand by and watch.

You're an okay player, Soup. You have potential. But instead of doing anything about it, you try to console yourself and make your errors okay after every game by saying "it's okay, i had this person as scum."

As EE said, that doesn't matter. I've called Ryker as scum the past couple of games where he has flipped scum (****tales, Nuklear), and it didn't matter. It will not matter until I actually lynch him on it. Just because you can peg someone as scum once does not make you a good player. The ability to find scum and then get them lynched (these are not unrelated) is what makes you a good town player. For all the **** people give Ryker, I can't find a man who can get his lynch better than an active townRyker.

And before you get depressed, I don't say this because I hate you. I say this because you have potential but you constantly frustrate me because you're doing nothing to achieve it.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Nope.

But has Ryker ever been able lynch me?

dayvigs definetly don't count lol
Then I think I could bring that up because I don't think Ryker's ever lynched me. :awesome:

Though I really wanna lynch Ryker one game just cuz I think it'd be the funniest thing.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Then I think I could bring that up because I don't think Ryker's ever lynched me. :awesome:

Though I really wanna lynch Ryker one game just cuz I think it'd be the funniest thing.
Yeah, but I have.

Oh DnD mafia.

oh wait and there was also DKR :awesome:

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
DnD you little backstabber! I tried protecting you as the newbie since it was like your first game. ;_;

Also DKR we both know I don't count. :rolleyes:

But I have lynched you as well, KSSU/Discworld. So technically we are two for two.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Also hey Glyph I see you lurkin'.

If Bingo makes you feel like you got some big muscles maybe you should take note son cuz you been slackin'. Your mafia muscle is gettin all saggy and gross like an OLD PEOPLE. You don't want to be like an OLD PEOPLE do you!?!? With OLD PEOPLE MUSCLES?!?!?!??!

Step it up I want Bingo-level play all day err day

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
DnD you little backstabber! I tried protecting you as the newbie since it was like your first game. ;_;

Also DKR we both know I don't count. :rolleyes:

But I have lynched you as well, KSSU/Discworld. So technically we are two for two.
forgot about discworld

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I would like to see Bingo Glyph again someday :)

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Oooooh yeah! Haha I remember faintly that game.

Silly Seph having me replace in. >.>

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Also hey Glyph I see you lurkin'.

If Bingo makes you feel like you got some big muscles maybe you should take note son cuz you been slackin'. Your mafia muscle is gettin all saggy and gross like an OLD PEOPLE. You don't want to be like an OLD PEOPLE do you!?!? With OLD PEOPLE MUSCLES?!?!?!??!

Step it up I want Bingo-level play all day err day

what's strange is that i think Dissidia might have been one of my best games. it was my first time in dgames, and my scumreads were awfully good, but i got NKed night 1 :/

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
and I investigated Gheb and got scum out of it :D

but died.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Honestly Soup, that thing that you're posting is not going to "teach" you anything.

Static reads are bad. Unless you can pin all scum immediately (guess how many people I think can do that hint hint less than one), your reads should be scrutinized and malleable. The rest of it is having your **** together enough to not be too malleable.

That means that, if you have your **** even 1% together, you should probably be suspicious of every scum slot at least once. That's assuming you don't die N1 or something, heh.

What do you teach yourself by keeping this record? In one of my earliest games I had all three scum pinned on D1 -- at one point. However, before long, various mafiatastic stupidities and such arose and eroded my focus. Town lost that game, as well, so I don't get to go "hurhur, had that **** down". Town lost, which means that although I had my **** together at one point, it was not together enough to go down the drain without flooding the toilet and okay this analogy is getting convoluted but you get me.

I haven't read most of those games. However, I read a lot of Bingo. Honestly, I'd forgotten you were even in it. But, if you did read Glyph in that game, you should be focusing more on the fact that he's the only correct read you had (at any point), and despite this he was able to win the game literally singlehandedly.

Not "hahaaa I HADDD YOUUU GLYPHHHH TOO BAD TOWN SUCKS GR" or whatever. That is very meaningless in the context of the game.

Dexter's another good example, although I've only heard of that game, haven't read it. You once again TOOOOTALLY had Glyph. Awesome. Except he cc'd the cop, and got him lynched. Which means, once again, your read was meaningless.

Pulp Fiction is a particularly egregious one. The only time you expressed suspicions of me were in your crackpot too-much-ganja scumteam theorycrafting. After that I was all town, all the time. And then you died. Similarly, you didn't do much of anything to put Gandhi in danger.

And yet, you helped lynch Laundry. You know what you can take credit for in that game? Helping to lynch Laundry.

You're still cramming this Epic Mafia mentality down the windpipe of your play, and asphyxiating it as a result. I played EM. I was good at it. And yes, there were a lot of frustrating I HAD YOUUUUUU moments where it really did come down to who can be louder or whatever or stupid townies or what have you. But forum mafia is not epic mafia. In forum mafia you have the time to investigate and communicate, and do both of these thing well. And then you have time to push.

Your ability to supposedly read people accurately over time is not going to help you. It's going to hinder you. You're going to focus on maintaining your meta expertise instead of focusing on learning what fundamental aspects of forum mafia you are doing wrong or right and acting accordingly to improve your play. Y'know, to get your **** together, as I'm fond of saying.

And that meta thang is gonna **** you anyway. You've told yourself that you read Glyphscum (Sclyph?) correctly every time. Guess where that's gonna lead? Some day Glyph's gonna be a townie, townin' up the place, and he's gonna do some null tell you've identified as your GLYPHSPERTISE SCUMTELL and get him mislynched. If you are so lucky to convince the town of that lynch! Maybe they won't, then he'll get lynched later, and then you might get lynched for going so hard after that D1 Glyph ML.

See what I'm saying?

And, honestly, it just doesn't show you anything. It shows you your own rosy evaluation of your play in each game. Gheb bothered me repeatedly in Bioware, but I let him get away with it and briefly convince me he was town late in the game. D5 (or whatever it was, maybe D6) resulted in me randomly getting my **** together at the last minute and pushing Gheb.

If I had second-guessed myself and voted for Nix, the useless inactive coasty unhelpful townie, would I have been keeping a tally where I tell myself how I was totally on Gheb? Nah. Whatever I would tell myself, the facts would be that I didn't make plays that helped get Gheb lynched. My thoughts at one random point where my **** was together don't mean a damn thing without results.

Don't focus on that stuff. Focus on your play. Focus on intricacies. Forum mafia ain't a damn formula.

Thanks EE, i actually was going to critique (or i did) as to why i had people as scum but i still failed to win that game as town, i had too many variables such as ludicrous claims (utrick, dexter) and not just doing the simple answer and scumhunt.

my problem to be honest is that i'm just really lazy, and know that's a cop-out but if i could write with my mind with all the things i want to say, i would, and i don't mean like sitting down and writing this paragraph and actually thinking about what i'm going to say, just what i'm thinking at that exact moment, like in utrick i saw Sold's giant post and it just seemed like a giant reach fest on a case that didn't have enough warrant and trying to re-direct attention to an already suspected person with an inactive, was alot of garbage.

BUT

my ignorance lead me to believe sold explained himself well enough, when the truth of the matter is that didn't mean that what he did was justified for explaining because i think i remember all him saying is basically "well lol it was a thought of mine no harm done" or something.

I don't consider forum mafia a forumla to be solved, more as a journey to be explored, there is no common solution to a problem, no variable to the exponent, it's a giant adventure and you learn from your hardships, your successes, and you meet great people on the way, also, you get to kill a giant dragon at the end :cool:

for me, my journey has been going on, but i always want to take detours, if you get what i mean.

and i read what you said too WL, thanks bro.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
yo EE, you're a man of walls and novels, could you give me some advice on how i should approach trying to make a case?

i really feel i get jumbled up and i turn down the wrong paths when i'm trying to convince people or writing a case, but the odd thing is that i major in journalism and actually am taking advanced classes of it (or have been) and i am a good writer.

i really hate it when people tell me i can't like post pictures, or have fun with flavor, i do that **** to entertain myself at times, and i need it when i'm writing stuff like that, i have a good sense of humor with things and even in the hardest or serious subjects i like to make myself laugh in the subtlest way possible

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
And then the Archive & MVP thread became the "Past game & the other people" thread.

I have to mention real quick though that I did lynch Rykerscum once on AllIsBrawl. And then we unlynched Rykerscum. It was really weird we should have just doublelynched Rykerscum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom