• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DG Archive & MVPs

Status
Not open for further replies.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
You mean people need to stand out more or something? haha.

Ronike

Smash Ace
I think J deserves MVP, but he doesn't and there isn't a good consensus on him deserving it in thread, so he doesn't get it.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I was talked out of deserving it for a good reason.

Personally, it'd be nice to have dice, but then when some people look at it, they won't agree to it and call it a "pity win" which kindof makes me feel like I played bad. Therefore I don't want something that people are actually look down upon.

It's no fun that way! xD

Ronike

Smash Ace
J, you should get on aim. For reasons entirely unrelated to this thread.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Fiiiine I'll try to but before I do;

I kindof feel like I'm being disrespectful to Ronike and I feel others are being not up to standards.

Ronike is the mod of his game and he should have the right to give whomever he wants MVP regardless of anyone's decision like when I decided to give 2 MVPs for NBC mafia when Swiss said he didn't want it. As a mod Ronike should have final say in whatever decision so bottom line is:

Ronike, give MVP to whom you want, you don't have to listen to our opinions cuz the only one that matters is yours in the sense of what you should do for YOUR game.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Hmm... actually gonna give some thought on the MVP situation for my game...

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
lol HELL no don't pull that card on me.

=3c

j/k but seriously mod should have final say in the matter of any MVP decision.

/feels like ranting but I'll save it for another day. Getting pri fed up lately.

X1-12

Smash Champion
Inception Thread: general consensus of no MVP

J: I don't really deserve the dice

Ronike: Well I was gonna give them to J..

J: Obviously its your choice mr. moderator, completely up to you..

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
wooooow way to be petty X1-12 cuz that isn't at all how it went if you wanna get technical.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Yeah thats not how it went at all

How it really happened

[collapse=I can rename things]Inception Thread: general consensus of no MVP

J: I don't really deserve the dice

Ronike: No MVP for inception

Ranmaru: But J deserves it!

Ronike: Well I was gonna give them to J, but he doesn't agree with me so...

J: Obviously its your choice mr. moderator, completely up to you.[/collapse]

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
[Collapse=The Truth of the Matter is...]
I will open it up for votes on MVP, as I think that is a good system. My votes on j for sure though. Reasons later
Yeah okay.

Vote J for MVP
Well we had a silencer from beyond the grave, that messed with my mind already.

Vote: J for MVP

You played very well, as I said earlier. It was always hard to think of you as scum; if I ever play a game with you again I'll be sure to keep that in mind ;)
bleh.

still a bit mad about my death, but then again I did kinda quicklynched.

but then the case against me was so bad...ugh

J did good, regardless
Good lengthening by J. It was a shame for you that Vocal claimed tracker, you'd have had the game otherwise.
Granted, from a mafia's point, I do believe J deserves it for sticking out as long as he did.
I'm gonna have to give J props for playing well.

Vote: J
I know this sounds really arrogant/obnoxious/I personally hate saying this but I can't lie; I believe I deserve MVP. I mean I can't believe people are actually voting for me and that is so nice but I really REALLY want MVP for this game since I feel I played when all odds were against me and that everything just seemed like it was at me and I talked my way out of lynches for like 3 Days in a row until the end which was LYLO. I mean this sounds really *******ish but I really do want MVP.

Vote MVP: J
I would prefer a No MVP, but in all honesty J carried well and scum could've very easily won to the fractured town.
MVP: J

btw. ;o
Can I vote for MVP even though I wasn't in the game?

Imma do it anyways since I watched the whole game unfold ;p

8)

Might as well spoil him for once.
I talked to you on aim about all this and it was a lovely conversation. It actually made me change my mind on it since I want an MVP where not just a couple of people recognize that I deserve MVP but EVERYONE finally realizes I deserve MVP. Swiss made a good point in saying I played well no question but I had no chance of winning as scum. I was playing too much like a townie.

Therefore: No MVP

To be brutally honest, no one deserves MVP.
[/Collapse]

The only ones who voted for no MVP was Nabe even though he still thought I played the best and you X1-12. Swiss talked to me about why he thought I didn't deserve MVP and I could agree to some points with him on it and I'm kindof going back and forth because why should I feel bad for the way I played cuz to be brutally honest, I played GREAT for such a sucky-*** player everyone paints me to be so I'm so sorry if I sound like I'm happy about a performance finally after having so many failures.

The general consensus was this if you wanna go about saying things:

MVP votes:

J (9): Ronike, Swords, Vocal, Rockin, Tery, Ranmaru, J, July, Kuzi *technically 8 even though Rockin never formally voted but he still expressed I should win*
No MVP (3): X1-12, Nabe (even though Nabe said I outplayed everyone), Swiss
th3kuzi (1): Gheb
Rockin (1): Joey

If you wanna get technical let's take away those who weren't even in the game:

J (8): Ronike, Swords, Vocal, Rockin, Tery, Ranmaru, J, Kuzi
No MVP (2): X1-12, Nabe
Rockin (1): Joey

So general consensus has it as you wanna put it, J should have won MVP. And did you know I actually talked to Ronike before all this MVP bickering about whether I deserve it or not went down? Uh, no you did not so I would get facts straight before you try and make fun of me and troll me just like everyone else does as of late.

Honestly, we could bicker for hours over this but the one who has to settle who deserves it is Ronike since it's his game and that's why it should be left up to his hands.

X1-12

Smash Champion
I suppose after I mentioned it you just had to bring up all those votes you got..

The fact is MVP goes to the player who aided their faction most, that was not you. Your play was very good in most parts, but your actions ultimately resulted in scum losing because what you ended up getting yourself caught in a position where you were the only person not confirmed as scum. If anyone who voted you disagrees then feel free to debate it with me here or in Inception thread, but since I basically posted that same thing over there, no-ones been able to disagree or argue with it

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
cuz to be brutally honest, I played GREAT for such a sucky-*** player everyone paints me to be

before you try and make fun of me and troll me just like everyone else does as of late.
This is what makes it easy, FYI.

Trolls gonna troll, but you played well in RG and Dissidia was a gay situation for you to replace into. You play the game to the best of your ability and sometimes the cards don't fall right and you get shafted. You can't predict everything or you'd never lose. Don't be volatile and don't ever let them think you lack confidence and you won't get berated continually.

Same rant can be fired at people like Hida.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
This is what makes it easy, FYI.

Trolls gonna troll, but you played well in RG and Dissidia was a gay situation for you to replace into. You play the game to the best of your ability and sometimes the cards don't fall right and you get shafted. You can't predict everything or you'd never lose. Don't be volatile and don't ever let them think you lack confidence and you won't get berated continually.

Same rant can be fired at people like Hida.
Thing is I'm trying to have confidence but thanks Ryker.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
The fact is MVP goes to the player who aided their faction most, that was not you. Your play was very good in most parts, but your actions ultimately resulted in scum losing because what you ended up getting yourself caught in a position where you were the only person not confirmed as scum. If anyone who voted you disagrees then feel free to debate it with me here or in Inception thread, but since I basically posted that same thing over there, no-ones been able to disagree or argue with it
The MvP's got no set definition and interpreting it sure as hell isn't your jurisdiction. You can let your opinion be known, but it doesn't mean jack **** if the mod of the game disagrees. I received MvP in a game where my actions led to me being lynched Day 1 and having no one left around to stand up to Chibo. I pinned every single scum before the end of Day 1, but by playing my hand too early, I got NKilled and "ultimately resulted in town losing because I ended up getting myself caught in a position where I was the only logical night kill." Everything can be interpreted and only one person's interpretation really matters in this case.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Ultimately, who gets MVP is up to the mod. Personally, I think the player that played the best deserves MVP, so long as their play was actually good and not just the least ****ty. I also think the idea of making MVP harder to get and more community based is a good one, hence the votes. In all honesty, I do think j played very well in my game, enough to be MVP. The only reason I said no MVP is because j said he didn't want it, but after talking to him about it, I realize it's less he thinks he doesn't deserve it and more a few people are convincing him he doesn't deserve it. So:

Inception mafia MVP: J

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Just for someone to update the OP

BiM 4, Super Heroes and Diddy Kong Racing mafia need to be added.

Overswarm was the MVP for fire emblem (xiivi told me)
There was no MVP for BiM3

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
The Truth of the Matter is
I'm complicated, you're as straight as they come. You go about your day baby while i hide from the sun. It's better if you don't understand, cause you don't know what it's like till you try.

Couldn't resist.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I agree with EE, Glyphs muscles are very deserving of dice

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I've been doing better now and trying to improve. :E

Fynal, just watch when your are town. It's rly hard D:

Status