• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Brawl Thread: Batou Monthly, Feb 18th - Revolution 10, Mar 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

tac0

Smash Journeyman
Hi People of the Brawl community, I'm just passing through. Anyone up for some Melee this upcoming week? Wednesday or Friday for sure.

Rudementry

Smash Journeyman
Lol before I read "upcoming" (my eyes occasionally jump to the end of a sentence before I read the middle, its a habit I formed when reading latin) I saw "Wednesday or Friday" and I was like, uhh, I think you missed out on wednesday :p.

Next week though I think dphat is having his usual on friday, then saturday its hobo13. Wednesdays are pretty eventless around here.

RoK the Reaper

Smash Lord
Melee is dead; nuff said.

I'm probably going today. Though, now that I check my bank account; won't have enough dough to do money matches until.... maybe Tuesday or Wednesday of next week (So, whenever you have the next thing). =] Though, taking all challengers.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
Gah, I'm gonna have to bail on Dphat's tonight. Too much ridiculous party potential for me to pass up. I'll be at the next one for sure to pick up my controllers :)

Do we need to pre-register for HOBO or just sign up when we get there?

*_Echo_*

Smash Journeyman
was up my peeps i have 1 thing to say and that is Kingdom Hearts kicks ***!!! nuff said

edit: apartments are evil lol

*_Echo_*

Smash Journeyman
Bwett do u have ur wii back? i was going to send u a epic vid of me teching the air lol

Edit: @fogo i want to play ur lucario to.I MIGHT be able to see yall in a couple of weeks mabye not to sure :/

Rudementry

Smash Journeyman
Ok I am 80% sure I can go to hobo12, but I am wondering if I'm going to be staying at a hotel a night or not? Like I mean what is decorum when traveling from dallas to houston for a hobo, just stay for the day, or get a room? My dad wanted to know what to expect for costs. If we do have to get a hotel room, its probably ok, my dad works at a hotel so he gets super cheap rooms. Like 75% off and stuff.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
They're doing a terrible job of it. Why turn it into Melee if they're trying to make it 'not awful'? Regression is not cool, yo.
You're confusing "new" with "progress." Melee is the classic movie and Brawl is its crappy sequel.

Hacked Brawl, even with only the couple changes so far, makes characters faster and more maneuverable, and makes edgeguarding and comboing somewhat more possible. I wouldn't expect you or other hardcore Brawlers to like it. Why are you getting so pissy that people are replacing the things they hate about Brawl with the things they liked about Melee? It's not like it affects you.

It's still not Melee good, but it makes it fun to play.

Personally, if I could press a magic button that would put the original cast in Dumb and Dumber 2, change the plot entirely, and make it funny, I would do it. Even though regression isn't cool, yo.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Ok I am 80% sure I can go to hobo12, but I am wondering if I'm going to be staying at a hotel a night or not? Like I mean what is decorum when traveling from dallas to houston for a hobo, just stay for the day, or get a room? My dad wanted to know what to expect for costs. If we do have to get a hotel room, its probably ok, my dad works at a hotel so he gets super cheap rooms. Like 75% off and stuff.
Usually someone near Houston will house you (Last time it was Bear). Housing is free at most places, with house rules applying and what not. :)

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
I wouldn't expect you or other hardcore Brawlers to like it. Why are you getting so pissy that people are replacing the things they hate about Brawl with the things they liked about Melee? It's not like it affects you.
I got pissy because about once every 3 days one of you guys just randomly shows up and complains about Brawl for no reason whatsoever. I'd expect you guys to be a bit more respectful since you don't see us doing that to you. I actually couldn't care less if people hack their Brawl games, but it does annoy me when people come in and disrespect one of my favorite games when it's completely unwarranted like you guys do.

And yeah, that's my only argument and the rest of what you said is true.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
Well I don't come in here to disrespect Brawl. Until you started implying that Melee is somehow a worse game just because it's older, all I've said was that hacked Brawl is fun and we should play. Poot and I were talking about having a fun little $1 hacked Brawl tournament sometime, I'm curious to know who would actually give it a shot.

By the way, I'm actually really interested in hearing specific reasons why people like Brawl more than Melee. I'm not trying to sound condescending or anything, I'd really like to hear it. Like, here are a few things I like about Brawl:
1) Footstooling is neat I guess
2) Being able to attack immediately after jumping from a ledge. It'd be good to have an additional option once you get on the ledge.
3) Pikachu is even more of a BAMF
Well I guess that's it. Let's pretend Melee and Brawl came out at the same time (so character variety, graphics, and stages don't count), what is it about Brawl that would make you prefer it to Melee?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom