• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Brawl Thread: Batou Monthly, Feb 18th - Revolution 10, Mar 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

*_Echo_*

Smash Journeyman
EVERYBODY needs to come on the 15th cause me and my friend are having a cinamon match this is going to be funny as hell. someone bring something to record it XD

kirbykid

BRoomer
BRoomer
Attention everyone who attended the Prince Bistro Tournament #1

Firstly, I want to thank everyone who came out to make the tournament a big success. We had about 40 smasher across the multiple tournaments and 45+ people enter the restaurant because of the event. Overall, we were very well behaved and respectful of the venue and each other, which is always a good thing. There was a bit of immature team naming towards the latter end that I'll be sure to rectify at the next event. There's no blame to give so don't worry if you're one of those teams that had to have your name reconfigured for announcement in family restaurant.

I spoke to many of the attendees and the venue is a hit. This is good news because the manager welcomes us back any time. There will definitely be a PBT#2. Here's the catch though.

There will most likely be a small venue fee that will be wavered if....

1.) You bring a complete set up (TV, Wii, Brawl Disk) in which case you'll also receive a store special deal (like a free lunch again.)

2) You buy food. In order to keep everyone happy, it would be best if everyone bought some kind of food item at the Bistro. If you feel that the prices are too high, remember that you can still get a free drink by bringing a Wii & Brawl disk. Also, I'm always negotiating special deals for us so that we can get good food for cheap. There's no need to go to McDonalds or CC's this time. In fact, considering how much the store is supporting us space, time, money, and equipment wise we're still saving a lot of money. (time is money too or so they say)

If you have any questions, concerns or complains about anything, just let me know. Hopefully I will be able to post a "gamers menu" soon to help ease any issue you might have with food prices.

Other than those few changes, we're in business.

The component cables on the HD tvs at the Bistro remove all lag issues. I'm working with the manager so that the Bistro can foot the bill for 1 or 2 sets of component cables. With that said, future PBTs will have these things to look forward too....

1) More TV's by using the HD TV's (even if it's only for free play)
2) GameStop aid. If we need spare Wii's, brawl copies, and even some SD TVs GameStop is ready to help out at our next event.
3) Possible Nintendo donations. Hopefullly the gamestop manager can negotiate with the local Nintendo representative to donate some items for our tournaments. I hear they have some Kirby balls somewhere. Naturally, I was excited.
4) More room. I'm redoing my floor plan from PBT#1. We should have more walking and breathing room this time around.
5) A new way to organize and issue matches so that matches can be played even more smoothly and quickly.

So, I'm currently planning out possible days for future tournaments. I can do bi weekly pretty easily. This means the next event is slated for the 25th of October. Let me know if I have your support again.

And for those of us who play more than Smash (or know people who do), in between the biweekly smash, I'm thinking about throwing other kinds of tournaments/gaming events.

I've been talking to GameStop about hosting a Gears of War 2 launch party. That game launches on the 7th which is a Friday.

I'm also looking into do a big Guitar Hero World Tour/Rock Band 2 event.

Let me know what you think by either posting in this tread or emailing me. ADarkDreamer@gmail.com

If you guys really want to do it weekly at the Bistro and you can support it, then that's always a possibility.

Thanks again,

Richard Terrell (KirbyKid)

Foursaken

Smash Apprentice
I'm always knocked out of winners 'cause of Damien. :(

But I'm not complaining, more exp makes me level up.

Pretty soon I'll be able to do the big gay dance.

Without smashballs.

On a side note.

What's the plan regarding Lee's tournament this weekend? I figure we need some hardcore teams practice at Dphats or something.

Also people, pick up your ****ing trash. That kitchen was boned last time I saw it, and I had to pick most of it up. Dallas Phat isn't your maid, I am.

And I don't like it.

Even with jedi reflexes.

PhoenixAlpha

Smash Journeyman
Wow, I had a lot to read through after being gone for so long. :(

I had decided to leave to Austin at the last minute because I found out
that I would be able to make it to my friends' wedding. It sounds like the
tournaments went well. It sounds like KirbyKid is going to have future
tourneys decked out, too. :bee:

@ Foursaken: I am going back home this weekend (for another wedding; can you believe it?!?) and I may or may not be able to attend Lee Harris' tourney.
I'm going to try and get a clear answer from my mom and brother ASAP so we
can discuss this particular tourney and if we are (or can) team together for it.

...and I want to know where/how you got Jedi reflexes!

Hope to see you guys soon.

EDIT: Foursaken, you're changing your avatar CONSTANTLY lol. It changed while I was writing my post.

Foursaken

Smash Apprentice
Wow, I had a lot to read through after being gone for so long. :(

I had decided to leave to Austin at the last minute because I found out
that I would be able to make it to my friends' wedding. It sounds like the
tournaments went well. It sounds like KirbyKid is going to have future
tourneys decked out, too. :bee:

@ Foursaken: I am going back home this weekend (for another wedding; can you believe it?!?) and I may or may not be able to attend Lee Harris' tourney.
I'm going to try and get a clear answer from my mom and brother ASAP so we
can discuss this particular tourney and if we are (or can) team together for it.

...and I want to know where/how you got Jedi reflexes!

Hope to see you guys soon.

EDIT: Foursaken, you're changing your avatar CONSTANTLY lol. It changed while I was writing my post.
You **** right the tournaments went well, two fourth places victories! One away from payout each time. :(

Smash is smash, family is family. If anything, you should be with them more then us on such special occasions. (Unless they don't know how to throw a cool wedding).

And at the moment, I'm discussing with other players about teams for Lee Harris. But if all else fails, I have you. :laugh:

You should definitely practice teaming with other folks from Dallas. You might be surprised at how well you work with others. That is what we all did at PBT.

Edit: I know! I just can't decide what I like. And the Jedi reflexes is a story I'd like Infinity to share since he was one of the few to see it. In real life of course, it's just better like that.

He said something a long the lines of me " pausing life " I believe.

*_Echo_*

Smash Journeyman
You **** right the tournaments went well, two fourth places victories! One away from payout each time. :(

Smash is smash, family is family. If anything, you should be with them more then us on such special occasions. (Unless they don't know how to throw a cool wedding).

And at the moment, I'm discussing with other players about teams for Lee Harris. But if all else fails, I have you. :laugh:

You should definitely practice teaming with other folks from Dallas. You might be surprised at how well you work with others. That is what we all did at PBT.

Edit: I know! I just can't decide what I like. And the Jedi reflexes is a story I'd like Infinity to share since he was one of the few to see it. In real life of course, it's just better like that.

i want to hear what this jedi reflexs thing came from cause now im curious.

PhoenixAlpha

Smash Journeyman
If anything, you should be with them more then us on such special occasions. (Unless they don't know how to throw a cool wedding).
The groom walked down the isle to Halo music (dk which track).
"Finish the fight" maybe. It was cool, trust me!

Sounds good to me. Since my attendance isn't even a sure thing, let's partner w/ other people. Sounds like we should talk about teaming on a
case-by-case basis? I'd be fine w/ this. Alpha Foreskin, ftw, still!

And the Jedi reflexes is a story I'd like Infinity to share since he was one of the few to see it. In real life of course, it's just better like that.

I'll be sure to ask him about that.

RoK the Reaper

Smash Lord
EVERYONE, I'M TRYING TO WIN A CREATE A SET CONTEST FOR AN ONLINE GAME I PLAY A LOT! If you could please have people in the Brawl community you know help me out and vote for me it would mean a lot!

Register at

http://forums.ijji.com (You'll get no junk e-mail, so don't worry) It's a site I play at a lot for the online game "GunZ" and it's free.

After you sign up and you log into your account, go here.

http://forums.ijji.com/showthread.php?t=327471

Scroll down and click on "Click to vote for a set"

Vote for THE ANGEL OF DEATH SET There is another one that is sort of like mine Devil's Angel set or something, but don't worr about that, Mine is the 3rd one I believe. vote for ANGEL OF DEATH SET. thank you

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Well Dallas, my plans for Lee's tourney are off. My family just so happened to pick THIS weekend to see relatives up in Dallas. So, unfortunately, you can take me off the carpool list :(

Edit: If somehow one of the cars can go back to Dallas on that Saturday after the tourney instead of staying the night and leaving Sunday, then I can go. I have to be in Dallas sometime Saturday, and I would owe you guys BIG time if something like that could be arranged.

Rudementry

Smash Journeyman
If echo can't take it, I'll take the spot. My parents have already met Dphat :chuckle:.

Though I'm not really sure where this carpool is taking us? Lee Haris's? Dphats on friday? Either way I'm in.

Oh and the thing on Wednesday, blech. Its being held by the parents of some kid from my school, and that kid is crazy annoying. He won't shut up about melee1 and when I told him infinity owned him he starts talking about me being bad (he doesn't even play brawl). He keeps saying I don't like melee1 because I'm jealous. Little twerp P.O's me. He really isn't that little though compared to me though :p... Anyway he'll be there Wednesday reading anime. Hes like, got long black hair that looks like its never been brushed, and pale white skin. Just a heads up.

O

oldboy88

Heya, just thought I'd poke my head in here and ask if there's any sort of active Denton/UNT brawl scene?

Regardless, I saw that there was a tourney in flower mound last weekend, where I used to live, are there regular meet ups in the flower mound/lewisville/grapevine area?

*_Echo_*

Smash Journeyman
Are they gonna drop you off on Wednesday? I could meet them then. If not, I could drive to your place, but if you could shed some gas money, that would be cool. I'll be free after 8:15pm on the other days. Friday it could be at anytime after 2pm.
yeah my mom should drop me off at comic book craze, and i can pay for gas money no prob:)

Bwett

Smash Ace
DPhat, when do you want to leave, and are we meeting up at your place on Friday?

Echo - then I will talk to her at comic craze. What time will you get there that way I know when I should arrive. I get out of class at 5:15pm and I believe I am riding with DPhat so I will get there whenever he decides to leave from UTD.

*_Echo_*

Smash Journeyman
DPhat, when do you want to leave, and are we meeting up at your place on Friday?

Echo - then I will talk to her at comic craze. What time will you get there that way I know when I should arrive. I get out of class at 5:15pm and I believe I am riding with DPhat so I will get there whenever he decides to leave from UTD.
idk yet she is trying to figure out what time she gets off work but should be later than that.

Daimonster

Smash Journeyman
Kinda new topic. Anybody doing any research over the net neutrality concept coming up for the running election? Editorials are being written by drudgereport and other popular news magazines. Just wonderin what people think about the subject.

Brawl related: I'm about 40% sure that centex2 will be a go for me.

Foursaken

Smash Apprentice
Kinda new topic. Anybody doing any research over the net neutrality concept coming up for the running election? Editorials are being written by drudgereport and other popular news magazines. Just wonderin what people think about the subject.

Brawl related: I'm about 40% sure that centex2 will be a go for me.
I'm barely passing Calculus at the moment, but 40% doesn't seem to be in your favor.

What's the hold up anyways?

Also, Andy, I think I might have left my Wiimote at your pad inside your guitar controller.

At UTD Zac -

I call window. No joust.

Van Jones

Smash Lord
Yo. Are you guys leaving on Friday or Saturday? I'm trying to decide what day I want to drive down.

Also, where are those videos? :p

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
I'm barely passing Calculus at the moment, but 40% doesn't seem to be in your favor.

What's the hold up anyways?

Also, Andy, I think I might have left my Wiimote at your pad inside your guitar controller.

At UTD Zac -

I call window. No joust.
I have your wiimote. Whoops!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom