• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Brawl Thread: Batou Monthly, Feb 18th - Revolution 10, Mar 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daimonster

Smash Journeyman
Hell of a weekend.

Rok: http://www.txgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8679 and http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=192677 for this week.

MK-Ban tourny comments: During my sets, I found that spacing for openings much more difficult with other characters than metaknight. Momentum during a match played a huge role during the games. When counterpicked to a stage that I was mostly uncomfortable on; metaknight was not an option for me. Thus, forcing me to play my character on that stage and adapt or choose a character with a better recovery and aerials. Counter-pokes played a huge difference in the center of the stage (footsies) rather than tearing those apart with tornado or shuttleloop. Probabaly left some stuff out but those are my comments.

PTB: Excellently ran tournament. I couldn't believe that tournament of 30+ skimmed 3 hours. Awe struck. Good stuff KirbyKid.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
It's too soon to be able to draw any conclusions from a Metaknight ban, especially after only one tournament. You'll still hear/see DeDeDe, Falco, Game and Watch and Marth (and in our special case, that one random Yoshi) all over the place. I suggested to Andy to alternate the weeklies having him banned and then not banned to try and test it out.

Suggestion: record everyone's 'main' for data collection purposes and get some concrete data on this.

*_Echo_*

Smash Journeyman
It's too soon to be able to draw any conclusions from a Metaknight ban, especially after only one tournament. You'll still hear/see DeDeDe, Falco, Game and Watch and Marth (and in our special case, that one random Yoshi) all over the place. I suggested to Andy to alternate the weeklies having him banned and then not banned to try and test it out.

Suggestion: record everyone's 'main' for data collection purposes and get some concrete data on this.
i like that idea instead of saying u dont like him and banning him

Foursaken

Smash Apprentice
Zac: The hardest boss for me was the Angelic pink thing that came through the glass in the church.
Me: Really? I thought her perfect form that you fight at the temp - Oh **** - le was much harder.
Infinity: OMG.

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
Oh my GOD, I'm almost done cleaning. Christ, I have too much stuff. On a lighter note, congrats to any and all tournament winners; hopefully I'll get off work early enough to join you guys next time.

And happy, happy birthday. ^_^

mydadsacop123

Smash Apprentice
FOURSAKEN NICE PLACING IN THE TOURNEY!!! I hope 2 play u again those matches were killer!!! I also had to play 3 GAME N WATCHES AT PBT!!!! ness vs game n watch = :(
also JAAAAAACK WHERE HAVE U BEEN???

N.O.T.A.-SrsC@

Smash Apprentice
Happy birfday wishes!
I know there's a mental cake being baked right now. My imaginary friend the Eggplant on a String will pick it up in a couple of seconds.[/Birthday fun]

O.K., Srsly, I don't wanna jump in everybody's **** straight off the bat, but there's one or two things about that NegaKnight tournament that bothered me and I'm gonna go ahead and get it off my chest:

I understand why we wanted to sort people into the brackets by location, and that part of the entire thing was perfectly fine. The skill-level thing, tho, was a little hairy since some people *cough**cough* couldn't play as their main (Read: Only Character) while others that didn't main Metaknight could run their mains no problem. This means that Infinity was placed against extremely hard match-ups when it was highly improbable that he would give even the level 7's a slashing. NfiniT with Marth, obv., is not going to be near as good as NfiniT with MK at that tournament.

Now, everyone might say: What the hell does that matter, it was one guy who wasn't playing as well as everyone else? Not true. If NfiniT could have ran along with thsoe who were more "equal" to his skill level with Marth, that would have affected who in his brackets woudl win and lose, chaining into who faced who in the losers brackets as well. Automatically assuming that he would be a "9" when he even ranked himself as a "5?" is not necessarily intentional, but it is a hard-pressed error and drastically affects the outcome of the tournament in the lower ranks.

Also, all of that nonsense with switching the brackets around before the tournament did not help the situation. I understand that it was a friendly tournament and Fogo should have gotten his money's worth out of paying for Snap but I don't know exactly who changed what when I didn't have the laptop after Fogo moved Snap, but we had to move Snap again afterwards which means that the brackets abviously changed a second time before changing, you guessed it, a thrid time. Changing the brackets 3 times? I can't possibly believe that any post-MK data can be drawn from this tournament when the brackets are so heavily changed before the tournament even started.

I didn't say anything before the tournament started because I didn't entirely recognize the effect it was having on match-ups in the third round or later, but watching it unfold and at the end of the tourney, I just didn't think that it played out quite right. Damien was the favorite to win this tournament and I was favoring him to win as well based on skill and his personal character roster, but anything under 2nd could have gone completely different ways based on the match-ups at the beginning of the tournament.

I'm not saying that the set by set data is useless, because as Damien said, himself, he had to counterpick differently against certain characters/stages because MK was banned but I am under the belief that the overall tournament data shouldn't be used due to successive causality.

Cliff'snotes: The tournament bracket was changed too many times before the tournament began to make a accurate determination towards nor against the ban of Metaknight. Only the Sets' individual data should be used.

*_Echo_*

Smash Journeyman
Comments and changes to the tournament scene are also important enough to be discussed. Afterall, we are the people who play the game.
true i dont like it when some says we should ban him/her or something without reason or evidence of why or why not and whats wrong or not wrong with it.

Bwett

Smash Ace
Yall are missing something here. This isn't the end all when it comes to discussion on the ban of MK. This was just a test and we are giving our input to how you felt during the tournament with regards to how you played and how you counterpicked and whatnot. Whether or not your decisions on counterpicks, stages and characters, were affected with the loss of MK. What was different? What was the same? We need all this input to help out.

Don't make an argument about how MK should or shouldn't be banned because of this one tournament. Obviously we aren't going to keep the ban on MK for all tournaments until more concrete evidence comes (I'm not even sure if DPhat was planning on doing it anymore after this, I thought it was a one time thing just to see for now, but I could be wrong). Just discuss possibly some of your matches and if you changed anything because of the loss of MK. Did you enjoy the tournament more? Did you find the tournament harder? Why or why not?

Personally, I didn't face anyone that would've played MK against me so the tournament was the same as it always has been for me.

Daimonster

Smash Journeyman
true i dont like it when some says we should ban him/her or something without reason or evidence of why or why not and whats wrong or not wrong with it.
Tournament data is tournament data. It's unfair to place players (family) whom play one another all the time in the same bracket. If they meet up in losers, well that's fine. However, meeting up through winners in the first couple rounds...not fine. Wait till UTD Zac posts the bracket so that we can have a more accurate description of who SNAP played and would have played. Let's not pull a Hylian and contest tournament bracket placings for no reason (/endsarcasm). If you get an easy bracket, you get an easy bracket. However, there is no way that a player can go through a tournament without playing 2-3 top players in his/her way to first. In addition, giving Infinity a high skill rating made it so that he doesn't play OTHER high skill rating players. That helps him silly. Also, he used Marth throughout most of the tournament who happens to have no more than two 45:55 matchups. We can go through his bracket and calculate his edge against each opponent that he played. Infinity has more than enough experience, against different characters, in order to pick up a dominating character such as marth and adjust.

Echo, you had plenty of time to read and understand the rules of Dphats tournament. The tournament was/is a Test run in order to gather data from other players and their matchup analysis. The idea is to determine whether or not metaknight impacts the metagame to the point in which revolves around countering that one character. Even without metaknight, can we decide if the game is still playable with a character banned? Does it degrade the metagame to XXX and XXX? These unknown variables are what we are trying to test and figure out in order to determine how metaknight effects these variables. By playing more and more MK banned tournaments, we can determine the dominating factors in brawl and how they affect the metagame. Can other characters compete by fighting according to their weaknesses and opponents strengths? How does this effect the outcome of a tournament? If the SBR cannot come to an agreement as to how metaknight effects the metagame. Maybe our community can find the answer and make an impact for smashers all over the U.S.A.

Foursaken

Smash Apprentice
Yall are missing something here. This isn't the end all when it comes to discussion on the ban of MK. This was just a test and we are giving our input to how you felt during the tournament with regards to how you played and how you counterpicked and whatnot. Whether or not your decisions on counterpicks, stages and characters, were affected with the loss of MK. What was different? What was the same? We need all this input to help out.

Don't make an argument about how MK should or shouldn't be banned because of this one tournament. Obviously we aren't going to keep the ban on MK for all tournaments until more concrete evidence comes (I'm not even sure if DPhat was planning on doing it anymore after this, I thought it was a one time thing just to see for now, but I could be wrong). Just discuss possibly some of your matches and if you changed anything because of the loss of MK. Did you enjoy the tournament more? Did you find the tournament harder? Why or why not?

Personally, I didn't face anyone that would've played MK against me so the tournament was the same as it always has been for me.
What was different? - Far more diversity. I had the pleasure of fighting Lucario's, Wario's, Olimars, and even a R.O.B.

What was the same? - Damien's super pro counterpicking abilities.

Did you enjoy the tournament more? - Oh yes. Losers semi's and fighting unfamiliar characters provided a sort of " rush " for me.

Did you find the tournament harder? - Surprisingly, yes. Even without MK's, the diversity factor and " foreign " matchups kept me guessing all night.

I would like to say one thing though. The test MK ban helped me immensely. I felt confident going into all my matches knowing and without fear of facing/being counterpicked by MK. Being a D3/Snake main, MK is one of my characters hardest matchups. The MT just wrecks D3, and MKs superior gimping capabilities just wreck Snake off stage. You can make the argument that while on the ground, Snake v. MK is fairly even, but like it or not, you will eventually go off the stage. This is MKs playground.

Either way, I'm iffy on whether or not a ban should take place. More test runs are needed.

*_Echo_*

Smash Journeyman

Daimonster;55575 Echo said:
Test[/B] run in order to gather data from other players and their matchup analysis. The idea is to determine whether or not metaknight impacts the metagame to the point in which revolves around countering that one character. Even without metaknight, can we decide if the game is still playable with a character banned? Does it degrade the metagame to XXX and XXX? These unknown variables are what we are trying to test and figure out in order to determine how metaknight effects these variables. By playing more and more MK banned tournaments, we can determine the dominating factors in brawl and how they affect the metagame. Can other characters compete by fighting according to their weaknesses and opponents strengths? How does this effect the outcome of a tournament? If the SBR cannot come to an agreement as to how metaknight effects the metagame. Maybe our community can find the answer and make an impact for smashers all over the U.S.A.
i found it wierd not using mk but i did see a LOT of the same chars. but thats like melee-marth,shiek,falco,fox
brawl(without mk)-marth,d3,falco,snake.

i wasnt complaing i was agreeing we should do more testing but the mk ban would just about force to have a counter pick char. which is not bad at all

Daimonster

Smash Journeyman
i wasnt complaing
Sorry, I made a mistake. Sometimes it's difficult reading your posts without proper syntax. It appeared to me as if you were complaining whenever you were not. Didn't mean to direct my post in a hurtful manner or towards you etc etc. Hope to see you at future tournaments.

N.O.T.A.-SrsC@

Smash Apprentice
Tournament data is tournament data. It's unfair to place players (family) whom play one another all the time in the same bracket. If they meet up in losers, well that's fine. However, meeting up through winners in the first couple rounds...not fine. Wait till UTD Zac posts the bracket so that we can have a more accurate description of who SNAP played and would have played. Let's not pull a Hylian and contest tournament bracket placings for no reason
I said I was fine with this. Read Walls before you post condradictory walls.

(/endsarcasm). If you get an easy bracket, you get an easy bracket. However, there is no way that a player can go through a tournament without playing 2-3 top players in his/her way to first. In addition, giving Infinity a high skill rating made it so that he doesn't play OTHER high skill rating players. That helps him silly. Also, he used Marth throughout most of the tournament who happens to have no more than two 45:55 matchups. We can go through his bracket and calculate his edge against each opponent that he played. Infinity has more than enough experience, against different characters, in order to pick up a dominating character such as marth and adjust.
He had a ranking of 9. He had to face you his first round. That didn't help him, silly. However, this is focusing too much on Infinity's position in al of this, and despite many any menial arguement that could be had, that is not my main point.

The point at hand, and I am heavily reiterating here, is that we should hold more value to the set match-ups than the over-all tournament results, IMO. Posting the bracket for review by the community would serve no purpose. You posting about how you used Lucario instead of MK on Rainbow Cruise because of the ban, however, would be contributive data.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion

Careful guys, I'm actually being productive for once.

The same people were playing the same characters; I personally didn't see that big of a difference. You still played Yoshi, Eric still played DeDeDe, Damien still played one of 3 characters, Andy still played Marth, Awestin still played Ness, Stacie still played Game and Watch etc etc you get the idea. The level of diversity didn't seem to change since no one really changed their characters except for those who were forced to do so. Tournament diversity is not something that will happen overnight and will only happen if you make something long-lasting. I'm not trying to insinuate that this was a wasted effort, just that we need more than one tournament result in order to see if anything does really change from the ban.

I suggested to Andy to alternate the ban being off and on during his weeklies and he agreed that this was a good idea. In the end I don't think the ban will change things drastically: smart players will still win at this game with or without Metaknight. Playing as Metaknight does not make an automatic win nor does it make winning necessarily easier. I've been saying this from the get-go about Brawl: this game MUCH more about the player than the character.

If you want to see real results then you'll have to give it extra time. One tournament is not and will not ever be enough to gauge something this important, so I suggest holding more with Metaknight being banhammered as long as they're small tournaments. Holding the tournaments for $5 is effectively screwing the Metaknight players out of the potential for money, so I suggest (and would appreciate, to be honest) bringing the entry down from $5 to $1 in the interest of fairness.

Tournament data is tournament data. It's unfair to place players (family) whom play one another all the time in the same bracket. If they meet up in losers, well that's fine. However, meeting up through winners in the first couple rounds...not fine. Wait till UTD Zac posts the bracket so that we can have a more accurate description of who SNAP played and would have played. Let's not pull a Hylian and contest tournament bracket placings for no reason (/endsarcasm). If you get an easy bracket, you get an easy bracket. However, there is no way that a player can go through a tournament without playing 2-3 top players in his/her way to first. In addition, giving Infinity a high skill rating made it so that he doesn't play OTHER high skill rating players. That helps him silly. Also, he used Marth throughout most of the tournament who happens to have no more than two 45:55 matchups. We can go through his bracket and calculate his edge against each opponent that he played. Infinity has more than enough experience, against different characters, in order to pick up a dominating character such as marth and adjust.
It's also unfair to place people with little to no experience with a character into a high end bracket. My bracket was bye, you, Kado, then Andy; all of which have a lot more experience with their characters then I do. I put up a close set with both Kado and Andy using Marth and Falco respectively so you are correct that I can adjust, but that doesn't change the fact that altering the bracket for one person is completely unfair to everyone else in the tournament. As it stood Stacie would not have had to play against Eric until late in his bracket anyway from what I understand. I'm not complaining about my bracket; just that the changes were rigged for one person and that's REALLY high on the not-cool-o-meter. No big deal happening this one time, just if you're going to do it again make sure that everyone is aware of what's going on and how it will affect them.

Also on a note regarding skill ratings: those are there to place people with similar skill ratings with each other and not away from each other as you suggested. It would be retardedly unfair to put Randomguy vs someone like me or you in the first round, so you use skill ratings to put them up against someone on a similar level to them when you create the initial bracket. It's been that way for every single other game at least and I don't see any reason why it would change in Tio.

Daimonster

Smash Journeyman
SrsCat: Are you really serious? I read your "wall" and posted a contradictory "wall." They are not walls, they are topic arguments.

First off, you are not "fine" with SNAP getting moved around 3 times. You made it very clear in your post on pg.177 that moving the brackets had a "heavy change" on the tournament results. You stated "I just didn't think that it played out right?" Trying to place Fogo and Snap on opposite sides of the bracket does not make a tournament "play out differently." They eventually have to face each other no matter what winners or losers place they get themselves into. That pretty much sums up my argument on that matter.

. How well he places in tournament is determined by his knowledge of the game and fighter experience. Infinity is known for taking multiple tournaments and there is plenty of data backing that up. You can't pick up Falco, Snake or any character for that matter in 4 days and play them effectively in tournament. Reason being, your knowledge of the game is on a much lower level than many players who consistently play in local tournaments. Nobody forced anyone to enter the tournament. Your decision to not compete is completely your own. ::::Somewhat related::::-I picked up marth right off the bat sat. night playing bwett's yoshi and learned very quickly how the matchup is supposed to be played. I did remarkably well facing a pro yoshi as a noob marth during a yoshi boards claimed 65:35 marth matchup.

If we are to post conglomerated overall tournament data; we can come to a better realization of how a MK-Banned tournament looks like.

P.S-I did not use lucario on rainbow cruise. How does your cerebral cortex function properly if you imagine me using lucario on rainbow cruise.

edit: Infinity. You are absolutely right about having everyone know about the change in advance prior to the tournament starting. However, would you rather have a player play in a hard bracket or force two close buddies playing the first couple rounds. This goes for home and OOC and OOS tournaments. If we post up the bracket, everyone can see how you got boned at an extremely difficult bracket (tio randomizer johns). That is why we should keep the test at every other dphat tournament. In addition, lowering the buy in will simply make players play LESS hard than having a normal buy in.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103

Echo, you had plenty of time to read and understand the rules of Dphats tournament. The tournament was/is a Test run in order to gather data from other players and their matchup analysis. The idea is to determine whether or not metaknight impacts the metagame to the point in which revolves around countering that one character. Even without metaknight, can we decide if the game is still playable with a character banned? Does it degrade the metagame to XXX and XXX? These unknown variables are what we are trying to test and figure out in order to determine how metaknight effects these variables. By playing more and more MK banned tournaments, we can determine the dominating factors in brawl and how they affect the metagame. Can other characters compete by fighting according to their weaknesses and opponents strengths? How does this effect the outcome of a tournament? If the SBR cannot come to an agreement as to how metaknight effects the metagame. Maybe our community can find the answer and make an impact for smashers all over the U.S.A.
I'm soooo confused by this... What did you mean when you mentioned me?

*_Echo_*

Smash Journeyman
Sorry, I made a mistake. Sometimes it's difficult reading your posts without proper syntax. It appeared to me as if you were complaining whenever you were not. Didn't mean to direct my post in a hurtful manner or towards you etc etc. Hope to see you at future tournaments.
its ok man i have bad grammar and im lazy. see u on wensday hopefully :)

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
****it, alright from what I can tell metaknight users weren't happy, as predicted, and everyone else enjoyed the tournament from what I read and bracket match ups has no effect on whether the tournament was successful or not. I know I changed it once since I saw snap & Fogo and big bob & rob were playing each other in round one and I don't feel bad about doing the bracket change since this was a friendly tournament. But I decided that if there is going to be so much negativity then I guess I won't hold another mk ban till sbr finalize it.

Another note, people if you eat at my place please dont leave a mess. I allow you guys to come over and play without charging a venue fee so least you guys can to is help clean up before leaving. I'm not y'all ****ing maids so depending on what happens next weekly I may have to wreck some houses or charge a venue fee just a heads up. Joking about wrecking places not joking about venue fee if this keeps up.

Also hylian do you troll other people forums or like search for posts that contains your name? I guess I'll find out whenever you reply to this.

*_Echo_*

Smash Journeyman
****it, alright from what I can metaknight users weren't happy, as predicted, and everyone else enjoyed the tournament from what I read and bracket match up has no effect on whether the tournament was successful or not. I know I changed it once since I saw snap & Fogo and big bob & rob were playing each other in round one and I don't feel bad about doing the bracket change since this was a friendly tournament. But I decided that if there is going to be so much negativity then I guess I won't hold another mk ban till sbr finalize it.

Another note, people if you eat at my place please font leave a mess. I allow you guys to come over and play without charging a venue fee so least you guys can to is help clean up before leaving.
i had a great time and i like infinitys idea of doing it every so often, i thought it was a good idea.:(

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
I'm soooo confused by this... What did you mean when you mentioned me?
It was in refrence to how at HOBO 10 when the teams came up where you had to fight Broken arrow first round you swiftly had the brackets changed, and again on some other occassion i think, but i cant be too sure.

Or it might have been talking about your luck with easy brackets and such, also in refrence to HOBO 10.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
It was in refrence to how at HOBO 10 when the teams came up where you had to fight Broken arrow first round you swiftly had the brackets changed, and again on some other occassion i think, but i cant be too sure.

Or it might have been talking about your luck with easy brackets and such, also in refrence to HOBO 10.
Uh, I had the brackets changed because they weren't seeded obviously if Sethlon and I were playing Broken arrow first round...That's just bull****.

Also, Hobo10 has been like the only tournament I've had an easy bracket at. I'm usually known for having hard brackets :(. Like at FS4 I had to play Caveman first round followed by Sethlon followed by Mr.3000 (skip a few) then Dojo, then T-rex :(.

Gigi

Smash Cadet
Skill rankings are so that the top players don't knock each other out early on in tournament. Like all the tournaments where DoH would get knocked out and a herbivore would sneak in to 2nd/3rd.
My tournaments I have level 10s (Blue/DoH/Wobbles/Drew) 5s (herbivores/anyone who knows the game moderately) and 1s (scrubs). The only problems I have is when Darkrain put his skill at 5 >.>
Scrubs die in tournaments early, period. Pools are the only thing to be done to get them more play.

@Daimonster were you surprised that it was harder to find openings and that momentum mattered more when not playing MK? I thought that the whole argument vs MK is that his hitboxes being disjointed and far reaching stopped opposing momentum and made for easy approaching (aim click)
Taking away MK is not gonna change upper ranked peoples mains Billy/Eric/Andy. It's gonna change how well those who can't make it that high or stuck in the rankings move up. So like top half diversity.
I think the next should be MK free again so there can be adjustments that are more than theoretical.

Infi~ Everyone there had more experience with their character than you. Everyone else loses their money to MKs at every other tournament. Most say unfairly. All i can ever think about is when i beat big bobs mains with almost no experience with brawl and he goes MK and beats me easy.

pTB

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
I don't have the brackets to post up yet. I'll get them when I get home today from work, along with all those awesome videos.

Also I enjoyed both tournaments (MK ban and KKids).

N.O.T.A.-SrsC@

Smash Apprentice
SrsCat: Are you really serious? I read your "wall" and posted a contradictory "wall." They are not walls, they are topic arguments.

First off, you are not "fine" with SNAP getting moved around 3 times. You made it very clear in your post on pg.177 that moving the brackets had a "heavy change" on the tournament results. You stated "I just didn't think that it played out right?" Trying to place Fogo and Snap on opposite sides of the bracket does not make a tournament "play out differently." They eventually have to face each other no matter what winners or losers place they get themselves into. That pretty much sums up my argument on that matter.
I was fine with moving Snap around the first time. Not the time after D-Phat moved a bunch of people around. Am I speaking Russian?

. How well he places in tournament is determined by his knowledge of the game and fighter experience. Infinity is known for taking multiple tournaments and there is plenty of data backing that up. You can't pick up Falco, Snake or any character for that matter in 4 days and play them effectively in tournament. Reason being, your knowledge of the game is on a much lower level than many players who consistently play in local tournaments. Nobody forced anyone to enter the tournament. Your decision to not compete is completely your own. ::::Somewhat related::::-I picked up marth right off the bat sat. night playing bwett's yoshi and learned very quickly how the matchup is supposed to be played. I did remarkably well facing a pro yoshi as a noob marth during a yoshi boards claimed 65:35 marth matchup.
You obviously missed the point, the point was not that I am essentially a tournament smash noob. The point is that if you picked up, say, Game and Watch. You've only really fooled around with him before but now you want to try to run him in tournament. You attempt to play him at a tournament after only four days of practice and the only other person you had to face was D-Phat. You have a Marth and Olimar match-up down, but your skill versus essentially every other character is hindered because you don't have as much experience with the character. Same case, different analogy.

If we are to post conglomerated overall tournament data; we can come to a better realization of how a MK-Banned tournament looks like.

P.S-I did not use lucario on rainbow cruise. How does your cerebral cortex function properly if you imagine me using lucario on rainbow cruise.
OK, maybe it wasn't Rainbow Cruise, but I do know that you did use Lucario instead of your normal counterpick, Metaknight, on a counterpick stage. you even mentioned that to whomever you were playing after the match. Heaven forbid I make a mistake and not get verbally thrashed for doing so. Once again, the point is that the information on why you picked Lucario for that match-up in a non-MK environment would be useful knowledge.

****it, alright from what I can tell metaknight users weren't happy, as predicted, and everyone else enjoyed the tournament from what I read and bracket match ups has no effect on whether the tournament was successful or not. I know I changed it once since I saw snap & Fogo and big bob & rob were playing each other in round one and I don't feel bad about doing the bracket change since this was a friendly tournament. But I decided that if there is going to be so much negativity then I guess I won't hold another mk ban till sbr finalize it.
I didn't know what changes you made exactly, all I knew was that they were changed and then Fogo wanted them changed again. The source of the debate is not with the MK ban, it's with the fact that the brackets were changed 3 times.

(I find myself repeating myself a lot around here; I might have to get a German or Japanese translator...)

Bwett

Smash Ace
It doesn't matter whether the bracket was changed once or three times. What if we did all the changes that happened in the second and third change all in the first change. You wouldn't of said anything. You get over it and you work hard to get through your bracket. I've been screwed over before in many tournaments where I had to fight Melee1, Wobbles, Infinity, and several other players on first or second round. That's the nature of the game. Sometimes you get screwed over in bracket, it will happen.

How about we stop worrying about semantics and just discuss the tournament and not these stupid trivial matters.

Bwett

Smash Ace
Eric, if you could post all those vids of me, that would be cool. Same applies to Zac.

Thanks guys :)

And yes, Dojo is sexy. Btw, I've been training with an aggressive MK. I'm preparing for you, son!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom