• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Brawl Thread: Batou Monthly, Feb 18th - Revolution 10, Mar 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruin`

Smash Journeyman
samurai panda's gragas fever.
o yeah I keep forgetting about all those broken *** gragas strategies...ROFL!!!!! Gragas + support like OMG we can't get to their squishies! Hahahahahahaha!

Bobby, picture a malphite ulting your carry and exhausting him/her with janna's shield on...the howling gale comes whooping through and my team's CC AOE stun'slows your team while the carry goes to work on all ya'lls squishies.

Please tell me what team combination with gragas would make us cower for even ONE second? U think we give a **** if he belly flops in? CC kite to death, ur team wanna help lil ol' gragas=they get the ****ing nuke!

edit: my team vs urs bobby. Lets see if u guys can last 25 mins to surrender. Wp bobby...Wp

P.S: DONT GO HEIMER ON ME...OH NOES!

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
o yeah I keep forgetting about all those broken *** gragas strategies...ROFL!!!!! Gragas + support like OMG we can't get to their squishies! Hahahahahahaha!

Bobby, picture a malphite ulting your carry and exhausting him/her with janna's shield on...the howling gale comes whooping through and my team's CC AOE stun'slows your team while the carry goes to work on all ya'lls squishies.

Please tell me what team combination with gragas would make us cower for even ONE second? U think we give a **** if he belly flops in? CC kite to death, ur team wanna help lil ol' gragas=they get the ****ing nuke!

edit: my team vs urs bobby. Lets see if u guys can last 25 mins to surrender. Wp bobby...Wp

LMFAO damien come on dont be so mean lol.
10Truth though.. LMFAO
Bobby tell samurai panda to get a group of five and me and damien will find 3 more and we'll play his gragas.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
Man I need to find $40 dollars to even go to Akon with lol.
If figure out the means to go we can team if you like.
Dude consider it done. Find the monies pls :D
So I just took a look and Midnight Gaming Championship is hosting the tournaments there this year. I don't know if there even will be a team event :(

Edit - Singles is Saturday at 6pm.

Bwett

Smash Ace
So I will be back from my hometown on Saturday and will be arriving at Dallas Love Airport at 3pm. I do not have a ride from there lol. Anyone willing to pick me up and either take me to EX2 or home? =D

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
Lol I saw that just a second ago. Me and Cake were tripping out.
Dude you can actually play it if you use the arrow keys! xD

So I will be back from my hometown on Saturday and will be arriving at Dallas Love Airport at 3pm. I do not have a ride from there lol. Anyone willing to pick me up and either take me to EX2 or home? =D
I would but I have to work on Saturday :(

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
PLZ forward this to Samurai Panda, HAHA NO aoe control no taunt no stun.. GRAGAS = garbage tank. What's the point of a tank if you have no moves to force your opponent to attack you? OH **** I got 3k life but no1 going to attack me so all the items I purchased to increase my life is going to waste. Atleast with characters like ramus/shen/scion/etc etc they have moves that forces people to attack them or they will just wreck havok, Gragas does not have that ability. Ramus and shen BOTH have an aoe taunt that last 2 seconds (Pretty significant as most team fights don't last longer then 15 seconds), scion has a 2 second stun and aoe shield, alistar has aoe stun as well + an ult that soaks up damage. Gragas has nothing compared to these.

Gragas has what.. 2 aoe damage (One that just separates everyone) a heal, and a dash? Alright wheres the crowd control? I know in WoW that if I want a tank I want to make sure every mob on top of me so they don't separate, but gragas has a move which whole purpose is to scatter the enemies... sound like a bad tank to me.

Get ***** bobby know when you lost!
PLZ forward this to Dallas Phat, HAHA tons of AoE control, AoE slow, able to seperate and completely control a teamfight.. GRAGAS = second best tank in the game.

As Gragas, I walk past their tanks straight into their squishies. My ultimate is the biggest decider in every teamfight. Everyone on their team focuses me because they HAVE to or else they're screwed. I'm almost always the first target in any given teamfight. Gragas has one of the highest damage outputs as a tank without getting a single damage item.

But don't take my word for it. The top players in the game rank Gragas as just behind Shen as the second best tank in the game. Gragas naturally has 26% damage reduction with his Drunken Rage maxed out. Throw in defense masteries, and he's rolling with 30% reduction... Get 20 stacks on Leviathan and you're looking at 45% damage reduction on all magic and physical damage before armor/mr, with just one item. And he still naturally has a high damage output because of the free BF sword his Drunken Rage gives him, and the huge single target damage from his body slam.

Get *****.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Ooo, so much misinformation in this thread. This is fun!

fun fact, you can dodge gragas belly flop with dodge runes or ninja tabi.
Wrong. It does magic damage and is not considered a physical attack nor does it apply on-hit effects (all properties of the few spells that can actually be dodged in the game).

LMFAO garbage bobby garbage.. gragas is not a tank his abilities DO not support a tank.. just cause he has naturally high life doesn't mean he's a tank. Heck ramus is a better tank then gragas and RAMUS is garbage. TBH Katarina is more tank like then gragas because of her voracity + shunpo = 35% reduced damage, gragas doesn't even have that.
ROFLMAO. Kat has 35% reduced damage for 3 seconds. Gragas has 34% FOREVER, only to be reapplied every ~20-25s.

Gragas works in every team combination and is a valuable asset no matter what you're running. He is best complimented by people with hard CC to **** the enemy/enemies he pulls with his ult. Frankly, if you've never been afraid of a Gragas, then that just means your ELO is too low to have ever seen a good one.

I bet you think AP is his best build LOL.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
ZAC!! <3

I dunno, I've had LoL and been in the SC2 beta for forever now. Barely played SC2 at all, and I have over 1k games played in LoL. Gettin' closer and closer to the top ELOs.

Wait wtf, you're an admin now?

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Lol sup. When you traveling to TX? i'll throw a tourney in your honor =O

SC2 is awesome. It's fun watching those really good players on youtube.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
A tournament for LoL? 'Cuz I haven't played Smash in months. Who knew that med school would be so demanding :p

My bro watches SC2 **** all day and plays the game constantly. Its more entertaining to watch than it is to play for me. Despite playing tons of RTS games in the past, I've only recently realized that I don't actually enjoy them very much.

...Is your avatar Shuckle?

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
As Gragas, tank spec, I just went on a godlike killing spree with a better k/d/a (14/6/18), more turrets destroyed, and more damage dealt than our carry. Their entire team focused me and they couldn't kill me, even without healers on our team. First game of the day.

And I fed early game doing stupid **** out of boredom.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
plz forward this to dallas phat, haha tons of aoe control, aoe slow, able to seperate and completely control a teamfight.. Gragas = second best tank in the game.

As gragas, i walk past their tanks straight into their squishies. My ultimate is the biggest decider in every teamfight. Everyone on their team focuses me because they have to or else they're screwed. I'm almost always the first target in any given teamfight. Gragas has one of the highest damage outputs as a tank without getting a single damage item.

But don't take my word for it. The top players in the game rank gragas as just behind shen as the second best tank in the game. Gragas naturally has 26% damage reduction with his drunken rage maxed out. Throw in defense masteries, and he's rolling with 30% reduction... Get 20 stacks on leviathan and you're looking at 45% damage reduction on all magic and physical damage before armor/mr, with just one item. And he still naturally has a high damage output because of the free bf sword his drunken rage gives him, and the huge single target damage from his body slam.

Get *****.
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

ooo, so much misinformation in this thread. This is fun!

Wrong. It does magic damage and is not considered a physical attack nor does it apply on-hit effects (all properties of the few spells that can actually be dodged in the game).

Roflmao. Kat has 35% reduced damage for 3 seconds. Gragas has 34% forever, only to be reapplied every ~20-25s.

Gragas works in every team combination and is a valuable asset no matter what you're running. He is best complimented by people with hard cc to **** the enemy/enemies he pulls with his ult. Frankly, if you've never been afraid of a gragas, then that just means your elo is too low to have ever seen a good one.

i bet you think ap is his best build lol.
GAME

lmafo i found that strangely hilarious for some reason

samuraipanda coming in and ****** shiz. Too good.
GENTLEMEN! Apology accepted.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
So I just took a look and Midnight Gaming Championship is hosting the tournaments there this year. I don't know if there even will be a team event :(
Wow, MGC is running it this year? Thats different.

Also, yay for internet at my apartment now!

I'm kinda tempted to try out LoL, but I know I'd be terrible at it =/

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Why not, Sethlon? It's free. Every competitive game worth playing takes time to learn.

Lol, Take and I don't have internet yet. I'm posting this from outside Le Thien's brother's apartment, stealing his signal.

Oh, yeah, and now to say what I came here for....

IMPORTANT EX2 NEWS
Our venue for tomorrow bailed on us. We've resorted back to Hot Box Pizza again because of this. Small venue, I know, but it's the only thing we could do. Sorry for the change less than 24 hours before-- wasn't our choice. At least we checked with the venue, because if we didn't, they never would have let us know.

SO, Hot Box Pizza tomorrow. Schedule remains the same. See y'all tomorrow. Or tonight.

If you have questions, call or text ME, because Noah is working tonight. 214-729-1880

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Sethlon I don't think I've seen a game you're horrible at...
Clearly you've never seen me play TvC, lol.

Why not, Sethlon? It's free. Every competitive game worth playing takes time to learn.

Lol, Take and I don't have internet yet. I'm posting this from outside Le Thien's brother's apartment, stealing his signal.

Free is good, I like free :) I'll probly try LoL out sometime next week. (If my comp can run it :()

Also lol at stealing internet...I'd've been doing the same if my computer was wireless compatible, haha.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Clearly you've never seen me play TvC, lol.

Free is good, I like free :) I'll probly try LoL out sometime next week. (If my comp can run it :()

Also lol at stealing internet...I'd've been doing the same if my computer was wireless compatible, haha.
Just get an external wireless thingy.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
SamuraiPanda spending too much time on a game for a med student :p If I'm going to have that much time I won't have to quit Brawl.
Lol, I know right? Its mostly because I can just play LoL whenever I have a chunk of free time, which I don't usually have control over. Brawl takes WAY too much time and commitment.

That said, if I enjoyed wifi even remotely then it would work better than LoL and I wouldn't have stopped playing. Too bad I loathe wifi.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
As Gragas, tank spec, I just went on a godlike killing spree with a better k/d/a (14/6/18), more turrets destroyed, and more damage dealt than our carry. Their entire team focused me and they couldn't kill me, even without healers on our team. First game of the day.

And I fed early game doing stupid **** out of boredom.
LOL Sound like a low elo game SamuraiPanda. Just cause a bad character best build is to go bulky still doesn't mean hes a good. So you're telling me that a hybrid character (which he is) is the 2nd best tank? Do you even know what you're looking for in a tank? You want someone with survivability + crowd control something GRAGAS does not have. Sure he's bulky but that doesn't automatically make him a tank. Don't tell me you think singed is a good tank as well LOL. Telling me you carry with a tank.. sound like alot of KSing imo. Anyways tbh I'm not surprised you did more damage then your carry, gragas is one of the few characters where all his moves does aoe/splash. Each barrel you toss roughly hits 4-5 minions for 250 a piece. That's basically 1250 damage done every 8 seconds (don't remember the cooldown). Anyways as I said before I think you're bad at the game judging by how you described gragas. Thank you for reading off his skills to me I already know what they do and already came up with my opinion on WHY HE'S NOT A GOOD TANK. You're saying he's a good character (which I don't really think he is as there are alot of characters who plays his role better). Anyways like i said before make a group of five and me and damien will make a group of five and please prove to me that gragas is good. I love free wins btw.

BTW bobby you dumb, you still suck at LoL.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Just get an external wireless thingy.
But that requires spending money :lick:
Speaking of which, I can give you that money I owe ya whenever we run into each other again.

<would like to know if Sethlon has Dissidia yet, even though he hasn't played it in months and doesn't know where is psp is atm>
I actually gave the PSP back to my sister in addition to not having bought the game, so I'm another step backwards lol

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Dang Dphat, getting a little salty that someone at a higher ELO better than you and disagrees with you? I'll admit that I was wrong about Yi vs Sion (even though Sion still isn't great on his own), but now it's your turn to admit maybe you were wrong about Gragas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom