• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Brawl Thread: Batou Monthly, Feb 18th - Revolution 10, Mar 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

ICE27

Smash Apprentice
NNID
michael0275
Oh good job Damien you made a joke off of something I set you up for. It's bout time you actually told a joke that was funny.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Ice, JUST BECAUSE you set him up, doesn't mean he has to.

ruin`

Smash Journeyman
No.. learn to play good heroes.. LIKE nidalee/annie/tf/scion/shen/ezreal.. the list goes on.
Did you not read his post Andy? He said FUN! Which means going 3/6/2 in all your games and contributing nothing to the team fights.

Srsly tho, i've seen good master yi's before. If you solomid with one, then u go AP and alpha strike their team in team fights which does solid AOE dmg. Otherwise, if u dont have a jungler...then u go AD yi and jungle +gank when the opposing team is pushing a lane closer to the turret. Mid to late game, all he's good for is stealing runes, solo dragon and pushing turrets. Useless AD in team fights.

edit: with all that said...there are champs that do it better.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Brett just learn Jax. I did, he's easy to use lol. As long as you have a competent team that doesn't want you to initiate every team fight, but rather clean up and pick off people fast, then Jax is a godsend.

There Andy, a good deed has been done. HE SHALL SEE THE LIGHT!

Also Andy, depending on who you ask, a lot of people have Yi over Sion regardless of where they are placed on their tier list (If both at tier 3, Yi higher. If both bot tier, Yi slightly higher.) Everyone else you mentioned though is easily and by far better than Yi lol.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
CY, helpful tip:

This week, I think Ashe is free. Go ahead and figure out how to play as her lol. Unless Ezreal or Janna is free this week, she's probably the best champ you can select. Once you play a few games with her, you'll have the IP to get her (she's extremely cheap, like 1-2 games worth)

CY

Smash Ace
well the only classes I want to play are assassin type, no healers or tanking. in WoW I play a rogue so that's a similar type of deal that I want. are there any good classes like that with stealth abilities with good DPS? if there is but their DPS sucks, then meh. I want to play a GOOD champion :D

edit: I don't mind playing as a mage/spell caster type champion either.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Most Stealth Champions aren't that good. Ashe is a pretty great assasin who's versatile enough to also give support. She's fragile, hits fast and hard, slows people, Global Ult, etc.

If you want a good Mage, Fiddle might suit you. Hits hard, has a fun ult where you just run into people and they die from crows, drains fears and silences.

If you want pure DPS, there are stronger DPS choices than Ashe or Fiddle, but those two overall are probably better than most pure DPS anyways at least in the current patch.

If you REALLY want to try a stealth Champion, Ask Dphat about Shaco and what to do. Or maybe Twitch. But NEVER Eve. Ever. EVER EVER

CY

Smash Ace
this is just a quick search I did, but these champions are who I'm interested in: Akali, Twitch, Teemo, Shaco, Veigar, and Ashe. I did the tutorial and it made me play Ashe. she wasn't so bad, kind of like a hunter in WoW.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Yeah. Akali is weak, I would not suggest playing her. Teemo is ranged DPS but he's fairly weak compared to the better ranged DPS out there. Shaco is Stealth/Assasin and Dphat can help you out if you want to play as him. Veigar is terrible unfortunately, even though he has really good burst damage. Dojo tried him and moved on to Ashe.

Of course that's just general stuff, you should play whoever you like best.

CY

Smash Ace
Yeah. Akali is weak, I would not suggest playing her. Teemo is ranged DPS but he's fairly weak compared to the better ranged DPS out there. Shaco is Stealth/Assasin and Dphat can help you out if you want to play as him. Veigar is terrible unfortunately, even though he has really good burst damage. Dojo tried him and moved on to Ashe.

Of course that's just general stuff, you should play whoever you like best.
I forgot to mention fiddlesticks lol I tried him in a bot game, he's pretty ******. Think I might try to learn him.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Yeah a good Fiddle is scary. Team fights are always cautious with Fiddle in play. You could be 3 v 1ing someone, two of your guys with a sliver of health left, and here comes Fiddle to sweep you all lol.

ruin`

Smash Journeyman
Brett just learn Jax. I did, he's easy to use lol.

sion vs master yi debate lol.
now all u gota do is learn how to play the game!

btw sion > master yi. Why? Team fights and team equilibirum (champs in a lane + turret take down ability+balanced ranged vs melee)

I'll start by mentioning strengths of both champs and ignore all weaknesses.

Master Yi: Only effective as a jungler + ganker or solo mid with AP build. As a jungler, he cannot 1v1 the other junglers ex. warwick,amumu,nunu. He can udyr, but i wont get into udyr :laugh:. Now, as a ganker, he provides NO stun or slow debuff to the mix. If he has lizard debuff, he has no way of slowing target to apply debuff. WW doesn't have a stun either, but his ult acts as a cc for fast focus firing and ez ganks. Amumu has not only a stun (bandage) but also an aoe crowd control immobilize. Nunu also has a significant slow and aoe slow movement + attack speed aoe effect. Obvious reasons why these junglers are better. In addition! these junglers actually have a reason to be in team fights. Master yi, however, only kill steals and either gets cc'd to death and dies...or does MINIMAL dmg and dies. There are better melee dps champs (see Jax which has a stun btw ;) ).

Now for solo mid AP Yi. I'll start off by saying his alpha strike as AP is actually USEFUL in team fights. Due to the aoe he provides, however he loses to pretty much every solo mid in the game. Nidalee, ezreal, ashe, Sivir, to name a few will take mid turret or out farm yi early game in which leaves yi to only buy a pair of boots and MAYBE a vamp scepter afterwards. whereas your opposing team's carry will be doing wayyy more dps and utility late game.

Sion on the other hand. Has a strong tank ability PLUS a stun. If you run cleanse/exhaust with him; he can chase down enemy squishies...exhaust the carry and stay alive by doing dmg with his ult. Ugh, u can put sunfire cape on him for additional dmg, he's useful in team fights. He isn't a liability by taking a jungler slot or solo mid.

In conclusion sion > master yi

edit:fogo turn yo PHONE ON

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Yeah Yi in mid is kinda meh. Sion still isn't that good, compared to Ashe/Annie/the others Dphat mentioned.

ruin`

Smash Journeyman
Yeah Yi in mid is kinda meh. Sion still isn't that good, compared to Ashe/Annie/the others Dphat mentioned.
Sion is a BEAST champion. Obviously your not looking at the big picture here. Ashe=great ranged dps. Annie=great AP nuker. Sion=great tank. Master Yi=great feeder.

Sion easily top 5 tank in the game. U got chogath, alistar, shen, amumu and sion. Everybody else may as well off tank or play tank/support.

Taric=tank/support
Kayle=support/tank
nasus=tank/aoe debuff
blitz=tank/not sure
nunu=jungler/off tank/support
rammus=off tank/cc
singed=tank/carry tosser

But then u compare those to

alistar=tank/AOE crowd control x2/invunerability/heal
chogath=tank/aoe crowd control/silence
shen=aoe crowd control/tank/HP shield
amumu=tank/aoe immobilize/stun/aoe % damage
sion=tank/stun/aoe damage/aoe heal (his ult)

conclusion=metaknight

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Where is Gragas? He's probably the second best tank behind Shen.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
LMFAO garbage bobby garbage.. gragas is not a tank his abilities DO not support a tank.. just cause he has naturally high life doesn't mean he's a tank. Heck ramus is a better tank then gragas and RAMUS is garbage. TBH Katarina is more tank like then gragas because of her voracity + shunpo = 35% reduced damage, gragas doesn't even have that.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Are you sure Dphat? Cause I've actually talked to some pretty good Gragas players and the consensus was that he's not only most effective when built to be a tank, but that he's also one of the better tanks out there.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Are you sure Dphat? Cause I've actually talked to some pretty good Gragas players and the consensus was that he's not only most effective when built to be a tank, but that he's also one of the better tanks out there.
Bobby please tell me your current level and win/loss ratio. Then tell me your gragas friends win/loss ratio and level if they aren't above 60-70 wins. Anyways gragas shouldn't even be played he's pretty bad he's a character that does alot of roles but poorly. Is he going to say out tank a Alistar? HECK no. Is he going to out dps a TF? Heck no. It goes on and on and in a team of five there's no point to have a character who doesn't specialize at anything.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Ok Dphat.

I give you Samurai Panda.

Over 1k games played, more than 500 wins. I know that because I not only talk to him about LoL in the backroom, but I have him added as a friend on LoL. SamuraiPanda is his handle.

He's one of the better Gragas players out there, and he thinks Gragas is a great tank.

"Gragas is now considered one of the best tanks in the game, right behind Shen." His exact words.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Ok Dphat.

I give you Samurai Panda.

Over 1k games played, more than 500 wins. I know that because I not only talk to him about LoL in the backroom, but I have him added as a friend on LoL. SamuraiPanda is his handle.

He's one of the better Gragas players out there, and he thinks Gragas is a great tank.

"Gragas is now considered one of the best tanks in the game, right behind Shen." His exact words.
PLZ forward this to Samurai Panda, HAHA NO aoe control no taunt no stun.. GRAGAS = garbage tank. What's the point of a tank if you have no moves to force your opponent to attack you? OH **** I got 3k life but no1 going to attack me so all the items I purchased to increase my life is going to waste. Atleast with characters like ramus/shen/scion/etc etc they have moves that forces people to attack them or they will just wreck havok, Gragas does not have that ability. Ramus and shen BOTH have an aoe taunt that last 2 seconds (Pretty significant as most team fights don't last longer then 15 seconds), scion has a 2 second stun and aoe shield, alistar has aoe stun as well + an ult that soaks up damage. Gragas has nothing compared to these.

Gragas has what.. 2 aoe damage (One that just separates everyone) a heal, and a dash? Alright wheres the crowd control? I know in WoW that if I want a tank I want to make sure every mob on top of me so they don't separate, but gragas has a move which whole purpose is to scatter the enemies... sound like a bad tank to me.

Get ***** bobby know when you lost!

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I've also been considering picking up Shen so I can play a tank. He hardly even seems like a tank, the way he plays (ult), but he definitely lives like one.
He and Mordekaiser are two tanks that immediately interest me. Reason Mordy is less interesting is because his getting clones relies on stealing kills from his carry.

Basically the reason I like Yi is that I like being the one to maintain creep control and go backdooring inhibs etc. And though he's NOT the one you want to initiate a team fight, he can pick people off and gank. And he can outrun anything, which is completely unlike Heimer.

I just want to keep Heimer, Yi, and a tank (likely Shen) and then save up for tier 3 runes when I get to lvl 20.

Also, I have trouble seeing how Gragas is second best tank in the game. Then again, I have very limited character knowledge.

ICE27

Smash Apprentice
NNID
michael0275
Man I need to find $40 dollars to even go to Akon with lol.
If figure out the means to go we can team if you like.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
with akon quickly approaching isn't the price going up sometime soon? dont forget your entry fee lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom