• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Brawl Thread: Batou Monthly, Feb 18th - Revolution 10, Mar 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shuzaku

Smash Apprentice
I love my Xbox. Did I have to replaced three times? Yes. Did they repair it for me at no extra cost? Yes. Did they send me a free hard drive that I sold for $80-100 bucks each time? Yes
Did you add me yet? NO~!

combo breaker~!

1-0, your CP?!?

Suspect

Smash Hero
Xbox's take a while to get there and back, at least from what i have heard/read. I used to work at gamestop and we took red ringed 360s in and sent them in. Plus they shouldn't send you a hard drive if you bought the Arcade version...matter of fact idk why they would send a hard drive back with a 360 that didn't come with one in the first place >_>

N.O.T.A.-SrsC@

Smash Apprentice
My friend just bought it on PS3.
I played it with him for a few hours.
I am now (hopefully) soon to buy it on 360.

I just have a screwed up hard drive, so before I buy Borderlands, I need to either repair my hard drive or skip the wait and buy a new one. I'm about to call XBOX customer support to see if I think it's worth it to try and repair vs buying a new one.

EDIT: No such thing as hard drive repair. If it's screwed, it's screwed, and you're buying a new one. Looks like I'll be buying Borderlands for 360 in.. probably just a few days.
Add me on 360, I'll totally play Borderlands with anyone on 360. Got a 50 Siren and a couple of mid-level characters.

YSoSrsCat ← Gamertag. Srsly.

Denti

Smash Master
when i say this im not exaggerating. including myself, i know 8 out of 9 people who have had their 360 red ring. seriously microsoft.. to top it off ive touched my 360 4 times while a game was on and my 360 ate my halo 3, call of duty modern warfare 2, gears of ware 1, and call of duty 2. seriously microsoft... me and my friends all call it the fragile box. i'd never bother to buy it again except i am a collector of only the finest games and gaming hardware... and 360 has some good stuff i cant pass up.

who makes a game system that's set up to fail? why do good games keep showing up on that fragile box. what kind of counsel eats and breaks your game every single time when you touch it while its on?

edit: **** it! just remembered yesterday at my pizza shop i over heard 2 customers complaining about how their 360s broke. **** it, idk why i get so angry. maybe that's because of all the money worth of material i've put onto it is currently worthless to me right now.. and i've dumped quite a few paychecks into that counsel and getting mad at them wont change a thing, because they still have all my money

Chaosgriffin

Smash Ace
when i say this im not exaggerating. including myself, i know 8 out of 9 people who have had their 360 red ring. seriously microsoft.. to top it off ive touched my 360 4 times while a game was on and my 360 ate my halo 3, call of duty modern warfare 2, gears of ware 1, and call of duty 2. seriously microsoft... me and my friends all call it the fragile box. i'd never bother to buy it again except i am a collector of only the finest games and gaming hardware... and 360 has some good stuff i cant pass up.

who makes a game system that's set up to fail? why do good games keep showing up on that fragile box. what kind of counsel eats and breaks your game every single time when you touch it while its on?

edit: **** it! just remembered yesterday at my pizza shop i over heard 2 customers complaining about how their 360s broke. **** it, idk why i get so angry. maybe that's because of all the money worth of material i've put onto it is currently worthless to me right now.. and i've dumped quite a few paychecks into that counsel and getting mad at them wont change a thing, because they still have all my money
**** man that sucks, my "fragile box" as yet to brake or have anything go wrong with it, does it make a difference it is an Elite or not?

Denti

Smash Master
i heard elites can still eat disk, but their failure rate isn't as high but it is still abnormally high for a counsel in my opinion. ive been gaming since i was born lol, my birth present was a super nintendo haha. and ive never broken a counsel since then because i always keep such good care of them, so i hate the idea of it destined to fail soon after you buy it

edit: how long have you owned your fragile box? most of my friends including myself got the 400$ release one, the best one they offered at the time.

Chaosgriffin

Smash Ace
i heard elites can still eat disk, but their failure rate isn't as high but it is still abnormally high for a counsel in my opinion. ive been gaming since i was born lol, my birth present was a super nintendo haha. and ive never broken a counsel since then because i always keep such good care of them, so i hate the idea of it destined to fail soon after you buy it
I know what you mean, I still keep my NES in great condition. I do not know what I would if my NES were to brake.

oh forsaken, you remember that team I was telling you about the Link and Ike team. Well here is there video, the first half is them just being stupid (some parts are funny), but after that it gets to some sick stuff.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9ijpVJStjw&feature=player_embedded

Denti

Smash Master
lol, those old nintendo counsels wont break :) cleaning the cartridges properly is the key to always being able to play it. rubbing alcohol, Q tip, softend sand paper :) lol i try to hard XD

edit: don't blow into cartridges! nuff said, it wont fix anything except hurt it by getting a little spit on it then putting it into the warm counsel where that will hurt it in the end. lol what does work is taking the game in and out of the counsel and constantly re trying. XD

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Seriously me too. Except from what I hear, people better pay for my way at that place lol.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
sorry for being late.

but if people kept buying a system with over 50% failure rate, id keep selling it anyways...

N.O.T.A.-SrsC@

Smash Apprentice
I've had an elite for about 8 months and it hasn't had any problems, and I marathon it every weekend I'm in town. (12+ hrs/day!)

@ CGrif: I play Borderlands, Too Human, and MUA2 if you want to play those, but Borderlands is the onlyone I've gotten to play with anyone else on so far...

Melee1

Smash Journeyman
If anyone wants to game tomorrow night im pulling an all nighter cause of FS8 for some practice. Everyone is welcomed to come stay the night.... A mini smash fest teusday starting at eleven pm..

Address: 2301 Performance Dr, Richardson, TX 75082

N.O.T.A.-SrsC@

Smash Apprentice
L4D=better on PC, i don't care what anyone says because its the truth! You know it!
Everything's better on the PC except for the original Diablo. Diablo for PSX had more storyline. DIablo on PC had more/better equipment and spells. They were about equal IMO.

DOn't worry about Too Human, Kovu. It's only for those of us who like it.

Yes, Zac, Mine was 8 GB. You said there might be issues with it, so...

Duffman0615

Smash Rookie
L4D=better on PC, i don't care what anyone says because its the truth! You know it!
you sir are correct! not to mention the mods and stages that get made by fans to have us download them and play them =D you cant do that on a console! haha

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
Ahh cool. Send me a PM with what you want on it. Hopefully I'll have most of that stuff.
Are you adding Brawl textures, hacks, etc. on people's SD cards? If so I might like some please, if its cool with you. =]
I agree, you can have more control of what you are aiming at on PC, plus you do not have to push a button to do a 180. But I started playing L4D on Xbox so i got used to it.
True, that is part of the reason why PC version is better, personally I can never play a FPS well on an axis controller =\. Among the aiming system, I believe computer is better because of modded servers(ex. 8v8, 7v7, 10v10, servers that let you build barricades in survival mode, 8 player co-op servers), as well as custom maps(ex. Death Aboard, Coal'd Blood, Vienna Calling, Helm's Deep, Dead Before Dawn, Dead City, Night Terror.).

Powerstation is an amazing custom map, full of the most mind games you will ever encounter, no joke it is ****ing hard!!! Hunter Training is also another amazing custom map which is based solely off of training your hunter jumping skills. It has somewhere around 20 hunter challenges which it tells you what to do and provides you with a video example and you must mimic it and do it exactly the same, for if you touch the purple surfaces you are sent back to the beginning of that challenge. Here is a video run through of hunter training.(the end with 4 survivors is basically the bonus stage where you just mess around with practicing pounces)

EDIT:Duffman do you have L4D on PC? If so what's your steam name? I'll add you =]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom