• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Brawl Thread: Batou Monthly, Feb 18th - Revolution 10, Mar 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duffman0615

Smash Rookie
Are you adding Brawl textures, hacks, etc. on people's SD cards? If so I might like some please, if its cool with you. =]

True, that is part of the reason why PC version is better, personally I can never play a FPS well on an axis controller =\. Among the aiming system, I believe computer is better because of modded servers(ex. 8v8, 7v7, 10v10, servers that let you build barricades in survival mode, 8 player co-op servers), as well as custom maps(ex. Death Aboard, Coal'd Blood, Vienna Calling, Helm's Deep, Dead Before Dawn, Dead City, Night Terror.).

Powerstation is an amazing custom map, full of the most mind games you will ever encounter, no joke it is ****ing hard!!! Hunter Training is also another amazing custom map which is based solely off of training your hunter jumping skills. It has somewhere around 20 hunter challenges which it tells you what to do and provides you with a video example and you must mimic it and do it exactly the same, for if you touch the purple surfaces you are sent back to the beginning of that challenge. Here is a video run through of hunter training.(the end with 4 survivors is basically the bonus stage where you just mess around with practicing pounces)

EDIT:Duffman do you have L4D on PC? If so what's your steam name? I'll add you =]
i got L4D 1 for pc my steam name is duffman0615 haha havent gotten on it lately since mw2 came out and brawl >.>

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
i got L4D 1 for pc my steam name is duffman0615 haha havent gotten on it lately since mw2 came out and brawl >.>
You should add me since I am in the process of making a new computer so I will not be on for a week or 2. Steam ID:Atreyurock18

**** I'm going to have to get online with L4D and show y'all n00bs what its like to play competitively. :p

Lmao @ girls thinking they are good at video games?!?!?! Must be a joke! Lol just kidding Monica =]. I was actually playing L4D the other day with a few friends and ended up changing all our names to say "SAMMICH!" at the beginning of the game because women should make us them. We gotta get together and play L4D, me, Monica, Duffman and possibly Chaos if he buys it lol. I actually played with the smash player that plays L4D competitively in Australia and wow him and his friends are good, they actually taught me a few things. =]

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
Dang, now I wanna sammich. There's no woman in the house right now, tho. Srsly.
Funny story. While on L4D once my team ended up having a woman on it while I had the Sammich name, soo like any sexist man would i said "***** go make me a sammich" as a joke and ironically enough she was in fact in the kitchen playing L4D. I LOLd so hard.
1 definately 1... 2 coulda been a huge DLC i'd say
Honestly I think they are both great games and yeah 2 could have just been like a huge game update rather than releasing an entirely new game. But after playing it on 360 at a friend's house I find it to be a very good game, although it is very similar to L4D1 just a few added weapons (melee of course) and a few more infected. The rest of the new stuff (scavenger, new maps, realism) I believe could have just been updates/DLC. As for boomer bile its basically a pipe bomb really... and defib i guess is good new perk along with adrenaline... But still I believe an entirely new release wasn't necessary just for those adds =\

Chaosgriffin

Smash Ace
Funny story. While on L4D once my team ended up having a woman on it while I had the Sammich name, soo like any sexist man would i said "***** go make me a sammich" as a joke and ironically enough she was in fact in the kitchen playing L4D. I LOLd so hard.
lol, that is some great stuff.

I somewhat agree with L4D2 being a big DLC for L4D1, but there are some aspects that make it its own game. The one thing that stands out the most is the Hard Rain campaign, melee weapons, and new special infected. I think that they rushed the game a little bit, cause it had only been one year after L4D1, that L4D2 came out. I think if they put more time into and added a few more aspects it would truly be its own game instead of being like an adaptation.

I hate Jockeys so much in 2! They are bull****, there hitbox is nowhere to be found, they just teleport. It's stupid.

Ladybug

Smash Lord
Or the dact that it has entirely new characters in an entirely new section of the US? Maybe that had something to do with the 'new game' aspect?

No, they changed enough for iit not to be DLC. They can ADD some of the stuff into L4D1, but it's an entirely different game.

I will bring out my WoW analogy if I have to.

Duffman0615

Smash Rookie
Or the dact that it has entirely new characters in an entirely new section of the US? Maybe that had something to do with the 'new game' aspect?

No, they changed enough for iit not to be DLC. They can ADD some of the stuff into L4D1, but it's an entirely different game.

ugh WoW -_-

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps

oh big deal im sure most of the time they spent on the game wasnt revolved around making those characters, it probably took them very little time, and anyway more people like the original characters more.

Also who cares where it occurs? it hardly was a factor in making the game. they could have said it took place in antarctica for all i care. The players dont exactly look at location first. The only roll it played was the theme of the maps and a few landmarks. it could have just as easily been claimed to be somewhere else and all they have to do is change the name of the stadium or whatever landmark it is.

To me that doesn't seem like a lot of work for a game they spent a year making.

mydadsacop123

Smash Apprentice
left 4 dead 2 is a pretty big game for dlc its alot bigger than the first. Games like gears of war and call of duty take a similar approach with new maps/weapons. The core game is essentially the same. People are demanding better graphics and more cutscenes which requires bigger budgets and teams. U r ded slaps

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
also, if someone wants some codes on there SD cards, for textures, stages, character select screen, random stuff like diddy's bananas are red (like in DK64). I have a fair amount of codes. I also have a .gct file that has a frame hack, so you can see moves frame by frame.
That might be nice. Are you going to Phase 5? If so I can hand you mine there.
U r ded slaps
You+me, Phase 5! You are going down!

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
I cannot go to phase 5, I will be back in south Texas for school by then. But if you want to meet up sometime before the 16th (thats when i leave) I can put the codes on for you.
i dont know man.. i am not exactly mobile lol I am only in 10th grade. I guess we could try sometime soon, where you staying at right now? I live in Richardson.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5sOihpqdHlQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5sOihpqdHlQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Why the Hunter in Borderlands is the best character in game:

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Hg-rjzLE41M&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Hg-rjzLE41M&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Ok, more avoidable than most KO situations.

Dair spike from Luigi? Hard to land correctly, hard to actually hit with. On Meatknight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom