• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Brawl Thread: Batou Monthly, Feb 18th - Revolution 10, Mar 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
Hey guys. So, I noticed the bi-weeklies were on hold for a while. Well, it turns out that my roomate and I will have an entire house to ourselves for the majority of (if not all of) the semester. We live out in Mesquite, and we'd totally be willing to hold bi-weekly smashfests and such.

DEV64

Smash Apprentice
ah id love to go to hobo 10 but theres no way my mom would take/let me go to Houston shes already skeptical of bwogo fest's cause of drugs/alcohol etc and i told her there wernt any and she dosnt completly believe me for so reason.:(:(:(

JackieRabbit5

Smash Journeyman
hey guys i'm in Dallas too and might be interested in getting into the competitive scene if u got some good tourneys comin up

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
Yeah right.
Haha you must not know us too well.

hey guys i'm in Dallas too and might be interested in getting into the competitive scene if u got some good tourneys comin up
Come to the one on saturday :)

Hey guys. So, I noticed the bi-weeklies were on hold for a while. Well, it turns out that my roomate and I will have an entire house to ourselves for the majority of (if not all of) the semester. We live out in Mesquite, and we'd totally be willing to hold bi-weekly smashfests and such.
That would be amazing dude!

DEV64

Smash Apprentice
check the main page we have shuze's induction tourny this sat. which will be krunk up side your head LOL.:psycho:

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
That would be amazing dude!
Awesome. Then I'll talk to my roomate tonight and set something up. I'll post when I get it all worked out.

EDIT: Oh, sh*t, Sat's tournament is totally over by where I used to live. Hell, I don't get off of work until 3, so I'd probably be too late to actually enter, but I might just stop on by anyway. Sounds like it's gonna be pretty awesome.

DEV64

Smash Apprentice
Awesome. Then I'll talk to my roomate tonight and set something up. I'll post when I get it all worked out.

EDIT: Oh, sh*t, Sat's tournament is totally over by where I used to live. Hell, I don't get off of work until 3, so I'd probably be too late to actually enter, but I might just stop on by anyway. Sounds like it's gonna be pretty awesome.
sweet idk if my mom would want to drive there.

Pretty awsome u mean the krunkest tourny/smash fest eeevvverrr!!:p

ike_love

Smash Apprentice
Is anyone in Dallas smashing tonight. I would really like to play... melee or brawl, it doesn't matter ( but I would rather play melee!) Please, somebody, anybody!

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
SHUZ NOO u grabbed infinity before I could BLASPHEMY I say... :( Anyways.. DPhat is looking for 2 more to ride to Houston for HOBO 10.

Edit: Melee1 is unable to attend Hobo 10 Dojo so it would just be 9 out of the top 10 (unless he changes his mind again and decides to piss me and damien off by having us pick his *** up...)

runningbrave

Smash Journeyman
Is anyone in Dallas smashing tonight. I would really like to play... melee or brawl, it doesn't matter ( but I would rather play melee!) Please, somebody, anybody!
I'm always down to play. I really want to play Melee teams (Little Hawk has a new secret weapon and it's no joke). I usually only play when the crew gets together and that's up to pootTheDoc and Gigi (They might be burnt out on Smash/having people over though). Perhaps Bz Chris is willing to host, maybe? Leapinghare will be down to play as well I'm sure. Just need a place to play.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
SHUZ NOO u grabbed infinity before I could BLASPHEMY I say... :( Anyways.. DPhat is looking for 2 more to ride to Houston for HOBO 10.

Edit: Melee1 is unable to attend Hobo 10 Dojo so it would just be 9 out of the top 10 (unless he changes his mind again and decides to piss me and damien off by having us pick his *** up...)
Gotta stick with my crew, man :psycho:

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
Ok, so I talked it over with my roommate, and he's down with the idea of bi-weekly Smashfests. I'm thinking we could start them up as early as Sat. the 13 if people can fit it in their schedules. I have plenty of space, 3 TV's, 2 Wiis/Brawls, and a GC/Melee. More setups are always welcome. I'm thinking maybe asking everyone bring like 5$ and order dinner each week, too, but that's only if people want it.

So, yeah. Let the Smashing commence (soon)?

pootTheBox

Smash Ace
heres no way my mom would take/let me go to Houston shes already skeptical of bwogo fest's cause of drugs/alcohol etc.:(:(:(
The only good stuff present at those smashfests are in the Herbivores system.

HERBIVORES ASSEMBLE!

the sachtown hut is the place to get disgraced by a ganon who'll skeet on your face till there is no trace

I lied. Sleepy time

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
You going after all?
Most likely, I'm not going to know for sure for a couple of days dude,.

In related news, you need to check out a band called Heaven Shall Burn. Look up the song Endzheit on YouTube, I can't get a link kuz I'm at work atm.

Ok, so I talked it over with my roommate, and he's down with the idea of bi-weekly Smashfests. I'm thinking we could start them up as early as Sat. the 13 if people can fit it in their schedules. I have plenty of space, 3 TV's, 2 Wiis/Brawls, and a GC/Melee. More setups are always welcome. I'm thinking maybe asking everyone bring like 5$ and order dinner each week, too, but that's only if people want it.

Is there any way this could be moved to Wednesdays? I think that's what most of the local community is used to at this point and I want to be able to come :)

DEV64

Smash Apprentice

sweet ill hopefully come if its on sat. i cant go to any thing on the weekdays thanx to school which sucks/blows preety much any thing u can think of(be creative lol)

u mean this infinity.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTkZt8r2lko

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
I'd like to be able to do it during the week... but I have work/classes. I only work until 3 on Sat. and I'm totally off on Sundays, so those are the only two days that I'd be able to host anything (well, regularly). I figure that, since I don't have any obligations on Sunday, I could keep it going as late as people want it, like 5-whenever, I suppose. Yeah, that sounds good.

I'll PM Fogo the details so he can put it in the OP.

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
If you're talking about the ones I'm planning on holding, then yes. If you're talking about the previous ones on hold, I don't know.

Plus, I'd like to come to today's tourney, but I could only make it out there around 4. Will there be friendly matches going on, 'cause if so, I'll come out anyways.

Jesi

Smash Ace
Not sure there are that many melee people in here buut..

Just in case anyone is interested KC (kansas city, kansas) is having a big melee tournament and it's attracting a decent amount of attention (for those of you who don't already know). If/when we hit 100 people it will be turned into a 2 day event. We've had the prereg page out for 3 days and we already have almost 50 signed up.
There is also a $500 OOS bonus guaranteed and entry fees are a little higher than average so the pot is going to be biiiig....

The thread:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=186283

you can find the pre registration page in that first post or:

click here to pre-reg

Thanks for your time. ;)

-Jesi

DEV64

Smash Apprentice
sorry i had to leave a little early fogo well have that mm next time.and infinity well have freindly's next time XD

fogo/bwett once again u trow the best tournaments/smash fests i've ever been to!:chuckle:

:roll:

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
Err sorry about not able to participate in the tournament Shuz TRUST ME I wish I stayed to play the tourney/friendlies but, Melee1 was asking me to take him to the MGC so we decided to go there instead. I don't know what happened at the invitational that made melee1 not want to participate but yeah, anyways melee1 once again won MGC again I couldn't take him out in the grand finals but the turnout was HUGE I never seen so many people participate in a tournament. I would say atleast 60+ people signed up.

ANYWAYS if people aren't busy on Labor Day I was thinking about hosting alittle get together and maybe people can pitch in 5 dollars and we can order pizzas and get drinks and just hang out, but thats only if people are interested.

Foursaken

Smash Apprentice
That sounds like a great idea Dr. Phat. :laugh:

I'm definitely down to play some matches on Labor Day. Of course I'll be needing a ride and what not, but yeah.. I can chip in for pizza. ;)

It's like gas money but food.

DEV64

Smash Apprentice
Err sorry about not able to participate in the tournament Shuz TRUST ME I wish I stayed to play the tourney/friendlies but, Melee1 was asking me to take him to the MGC so we decided to go there instead. I don't know what happened at the invitational that made melee1 not want to participate but yeah, anyways melee1 once again won MGC again I couldn't take him out in the grand finals but the turnout was HUGE I never seen so many people participate in a tournament. I would say atleast 60+ people signed up.

ANYWAYS if people aren't busy on Labor Day I was thinking about hosting alittle get together and maybe people can pitch in 5 dollars and we can order pizzas and get drinks and just hang out, but thats only if people are interested.
ill see if i can come the only prob again is the ride cause my mom will be at work and idk if my dad would want to take me.

Bwett

Smash Ace
Results for Singles:
1: Infinity
2: D4ba
3: Fogo
4: UTD Zac
5: Forsaken
5: Ice
7: bwett
7: Shuz
9: NOVA