• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Brawl Thread: Batou Monthly, Feb 18th - Revolution 10, Mar 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
Zac said he might be interested in going to the Houston melee tourney. Which as we all know means no, he's not going. Who wants to ride there in DoH's car that runs on water?
I'd go! Does he really have one of those gas saving cars??

Like when people ask if anything is happening this weekend when the answer is in the freaking title? God I love that.
lmao QFT

Bwett

Smash Ace
hay fogo u want to 5$ mm on sat.

also bwett/fogo have u figured out which stages are going to be starter,counter,banned yet.
I'll take a gander at the rules again tonight. Also, wtf, no mm for me?!?! lol

EDIT: I just thought about it. Because Dallas hasn't integrated these rules yet because of lack of tournaments and because of what looks like a very large turnout for this event, I think I'm gonna keep it at old rules for this time, for sake of efficiency. I don't feel like explaining it to everyone and people complaining and all that

DEV64

Smash Apprentice
I'll take a gander at the rules again tonight. Also, wtf, no mm for me?!?! lol

EDIT: I just thought about it. Because Dallas hasn't integrated these rules yet because of lack of tournaments and because of what looks like a very large turnout for this event, I think I'm gonna keep it at old rules for this time, for sake of efficiency. I don't feel like explaining it to everyone and people complaining and all that
of course we cant forget about bwett u want mm u got it lol.that makes since nice and simple 3 stock 8:00.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
You used to have skill? I think I would've remembered that.

Zac said he might be interested in going to the Houston melee tourney. Which as we all know means no, he's not going. Who wants to ride there in DoH's car that runs on water?

edit:

Like when people ask if anything is happening this weekend when the answer is in the freaking title? God I love that.

edit 2:
Did I even ask DoH if he wanted to go to Houston? I don't remember.
Have you ever pulled 3 stitches and a bomb in a single match? Ever done it in brawl?

and no, you didn't. i'll see if i can get off work.

Foursaken

Smash Apprentice
Fogoooooooooooo!!!

I has questions. Would you be willing to hook me up with a custom controller imbued with your magic? I was thinking purple back, orange top, preferably with those awesome r and l triggers that are so smooth to the touch. In return you can that custom controller you made me and all the parts. I'll probably throw in like 5 dollars or something if you add extra mojo/voodoo.

O.T.L

Smash Apprentice
Fogoooooooooooo!!!

I has questions. Would you be willing to hook me up with a custom controller imbued with your magic? I was thinking purple back, orange top, preferably with those awesome r and l triggers that are so smooth to the touch. In return you can that custom controller you made me and all the parts. I'll probably throw in like 5 dollars or something if you add extra mojo/voodoo.
you can make some custom smooth running controls? I'll gladly and easily pay top dollar for one.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
<3 Dallas. SBR ruleset ftw :).

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
Hobo 10

So I was chatting with some of the Houston locals tonight, and I'm now strongly considering making a trip down there for HOBO 10. If I go through with this, would any of you fine Dallas folk be opposed to me catching a ride with you guys the rest of the way? I would obviously be trying to make this possible 16+ hour roundtrip as painless on my wallet as possible.

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
Fogoooooooooooo!!!

Just give me a call and we'll work something out.

@FOGO: Put this on the front page near the top so people can find it.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=5097738#post5097738
Thank you zac, i really didn't feel like finding that lol and i will do so!

you can make some custom smooth running controls? I'll gladly and easily pay top dollar for one.
Give me a call man, or hit me up on aim, the number is on the front page.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
So I was chatting with some of the Houston locals tonight, and I'm now strongly considering making a trip down there for HOBO 10. If I go through with this, would any of you fine Dallas folk be opposed to me catching a ride with you guys the rest of the way? I would obviously be trying to make this possible 16+ hour roundtrip as painless on my wallet as possible.
ACTUALLY me and Daimonsters are looking for 3 more people to carpool down to Houston (so splitting gas would be cheap as hell). So PM and we can discuss this further or call me on 214-536-1403.

Bwett

Smash Ace
so im watching vids of me getting owned by infinity, i look to the right and i saw this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOMZ868V78I

uhh lol... no comment
Psshh don't hate dudes :p. This was hilarious when it happened. Plus it's reminiscent of one of the most epic weekends of smash I have ever had.

Also, Thien, if you want housing for the 5th, hit me up fool. Although, if you are riding with Dallas Phat, you might wanna be with them instead. I would say totally ride with us, but I'm not sure we have the room.

EDIT: Fogo, we gotta talk to rest of G-krew about whether we are staying the night in Houston. Xyro said we should talk to Sethlon, which means you need to talk to Sethlon since you have the inside track lol.

Daimonster

Smash Journeyman
If you can listen to this song and then not immediately listen to it again then I will be genuinely surprised. </exaggeration>
The song is nothing without the video. Every sound from the song had some kinda reflection from the video. You can tell the guy put a lot of work into choosing every cut scene.

8 : No Rocks involved. Just revisiting an old gamer forum from 7 months ago. I came across a "Bad Cosplay" thread and copy+pasted the few that made me laugh.

Lemme also share a thread that guarantees laughter or your sanity back. http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=154117

pootTheBox

Smash Ace
Awesome track. Need shrooms now.

"If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser."
Has there been any talk if this could apply to Gdorfs choke thingy?

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
Bowser's was changed because the outcome depends on what controller slot you're using which is... really dumb.

Ganondorf's is based on what character the opponent is (I think at least) and thus we just left it the way it is.

Daimonster

Smash Journeyman
you should get them copyrighted because they're TOO GOOOOOOOOOOOOD

=)
I don't mean to **** on anyone's parade; but South Central Cartel rep'd "All day every day" a long time ago. Also, Young Gunnaz opened their debut album wit "Can't Stop Won't Stop" back in my highschool days. It's been done before, but by no means detracts from the awesomeness.

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
I don't mean to **** on anyone's parade; but South Central Cartel rep'd "All day every day" a long time ago. Also, Young Gunnaz opened their debut album wit "Can't Stop Won't Stop" back in my highschool days. It's been done before, but by no means detracts from the awesomeness.
Uh, that was kind of the joke: "copyrighting already established catchphrases." =)

But yeah. WHATEVVVVVV

chronoize

Smash Journeyman
dammit fogo u were to late.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom