• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Brawl Thread: Batou Monthly, Feb 18th - Revolution 10, Mar 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Just confirmed I'll be in cali.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I'm not gonna lie, going to tournaments and hanging out with you guys has been more than awesome, but I just can't do this for right now. I've got so much stuff weighing down on me that I am super cracking under pressure right now. I mean when I get down to tournaments or smashfests the day before a tourney, I'll just forget about everything and be there for a kick *** time. Even when I have a super close match with someone with money on the line I usually keep calm and have fun. But you sit me down, and get me to realize just where I really am in live, what things look like for me in the bigger picture, and it's pretty depressing. Once I realize that I can't stay at the tourney forever and that I got to get back home, it's almost like having a dream crushed over and over.

Today I woke up at 8:30, took a shower and all of that and was gonna go to my GF's house. I get there, she tells me to sit down and I can already tell she wants a serious talk. So she just tells me "I just wanna be single right now." So I'm like ok fine I can understand someone wanting a break or wanting to try something different. So I leave and hear something rustling near her bushes and I turned around and see some guy sneaking into her house and past the door. At this point, I realize that maybe she wasn't so good after all.

So I got back to my house, was pretty pissed that all of that just happened, but I calm down and watch tv some, do some chess games, take my mind off what just happened. I make A Pasta-Bacon-Tomato filled Omelette (I actually can cook pretty well as long as you give me a Gas Powered Stove lol) for breakfast and I just try to waste time until my family gets home.

I got a little brother (technically he's my half brother but I treat him like a full brother), he's 9 now and he's gotten to the age where you can't BS him with fake answers whenever he asks you serious or uncomfortable questions. So he gets home and my mom is still outside in the car talking on the phone to people, and he asks me where babies come from.

Now I know I can't BS him with something like "When a Mommy and A Daddy love each other much...", so I just go ahead and tell him for real. He asked me questions about my Dad and why he was never around and I told him that my Dad just never was around for me that much, that he made some choices in life that didn't involve me and that he was out in another State after my mom decided to move away from him shortly after I was born. After that, he asks me if I'm gonna have babies with Ashley (ex gf). I didn't want to explain to him what happened earlier to me so I just told him that I don't think I would have babies with her for a long, long time. He was surprised and said "But, she's ur GF dude, don't you wanna be a good Dad?"

After he said that, I thought for a long time. Not about whether I wanted to be a good Dad, I think every guy wants to succeed as a Father and if you don't then you should never have kids, but right when he asked that I started to think about whether I could actually be a good Dad. It's easy for anyone to say they can do a good job, but it's a lot of work being able to prove it. I honestly was not confident that I could be a good Dad... HOW could I be a real Father for someone if I didn't have my Dad there when I needed him most? And I started to think about how I grew up without a Father, how I had an excellent Grand Father that, bless his soul, no matter how good of a man he was he just couldn't fill the spot as a Father for me.

I thought about how I was trying hard to be a good figure for my little Brother, so that even if I screw up with my kids horribly, that I would at least know that his children would have someone to look up to. And after thinking awhile, I got tired second guessing myself. I KNEW that I was gonna good, I wasn't gonna be some BS Father who doesn't pay child support and lives in another State. I was gonna be a good Father God ****it. And I looked at my Brother and I told him that there was no Way I was gonna suck, and that I knew when he grew up he better be a real man or I would make him.

After this, it was nearly time to go to Church (they do Wednesday Classes over various topics, my mom Signed me up for a class with her that actually is pretty interesting about World Religions.) So I get in there, listen to the guy talk, class is over and we decide to go out to eat with my mom's friend and her Daughter (that is my Half Brother's Half Sister interestingly enough). So we get there, get our food, Lee Martin Calls me but I don't feel my phone shaking and it was in one of my jacket pockets so I couldn't hear it over people talking.
AT THE TABLE, my mom tells me that I am not going to Cali or anywhere in Texas until at least the summer.

Wow, **** sucks right now lol. I just wanted to eat my dinner in peace and now I can't go to Cali...
OR ANYWHERE IN TEXAS??? UNTIL THE SUMMER? WTF! I Call Sakurai Johns. This is BS, god **** there goes any chance at having a good day period. Hell, I would have rather gotten that news at home, when I wasn't eating, not at dinner with other people around. And now my Brother is taunting me, saying "Haha, U can't go anywhere no more!" and I wanted to ***** slap him right there but I held it back just barely.

We're riding back, I am not ****ing amused and I almost just wanna bang my head on the window right now. I just got dumped, had to reassure myself I can be a real man someday, and now I can't go to Cali or anywhere in Texas even until at least the summer. Once I got home, I wasn't angry, I just wanted to curl up in a ball and pretend this **** never happened, maybe hoping I was dreaming and could wake myself up. Eventually I came to terms with the fact that I just had a ****ty day that nothing for the rest of the day could change.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
:(. I feel for ya DMG. Hopefully everything works out for you sooner then expected.

mydadsacop123

Smash Apprentice
man thats intense
i havent met u but i know ur a celebrity around here
im pretty sensitive myself so i know life can be ****ty sometimes
but just try to get through it and tell urself itll be ok even if u dont know it will

Melee1

Smash Journeyman
DMG I love you.... If you need any support or someone to talk to call any of us anytime.. Hope everything works out:(

Van Jones

Smash Lord
Wow. DMG, I'm so sorry man. Yeah, just hit us up if you want to talk.

P.S.
You are the ****. You shouldn't have to feel bad about anything.

Magitek_Knight

Smash Apprentice
DMG i dont know you at all but i know how this community is and i cant imagine what all your going through... its awful man but stick in there and you will come out on top. we are all here for ya

Rudementry

Smash Journeyman
Razer, come and I'll MM you.
Rok I wanna MM you too. (I've never played a pro Ike)

Also, anyone else want MMs?

Sudai

Stuff here
DMG...super hugs next time I see you. I know we never really talked much, but we did get to laugh together a bit at FS5 and that's all I need to feel for ya. Super hugs man..super hugs.

Cop, I don't know when I'll be in Dallas next, but I will post in here letting you guys know.

N.O.T.A.-SrsC@

Smash Apprentice
Mega Suck.
Here's SrsC@'s advice for this situation:

1. Don't worry bout the *****. If she was cheating on you or even just dumping you for some other ****, she wasn't good enough for you. I've heard stories and you sound like a quality person. She, obviously, is not a quality person.

2. If you treat your little half-bro like that, you're kids will be ten times better than most of the idiots I see every day. You're good, there.

3. Not being able to go anywhere could be a respite. Try to focus on some of the things that are happening at home instead of Smash for a while. I used to use Smash as my release as well, but if leaving a smashfest is like having your dreams ripped away, you have something going on at home that needs your immediate focused attention. Patch all that **** up while you're glued to the house.

Srsly.

All of Dallas is going to DMG's for a smashfest. I don't know when, but it will happen :)
If it's after Feb 1st, I can get the day off.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
Hi everyone, new to Smashboards. And just looking for some locals to play with! :D
Hello and welcome to the dallas smash scene. If you are interested in playing with some locals I hold a smashfest every friday unless I say something on the boards. I live in coppell and if you're interested in attending my # is on the front page and so is my information. I hope to see you one day and once again welcome to dallas.

Dojo

Smash Champion
@DMG:

I'm so sorry bro. :(

Just know that your an amazing person and you have a good heart. You'll def be an excellent father. There's no doubt in my mind about that. As for the girl, I'm sure you know there's more out there and even if it hurts now you'll get better with time. You're an awesome guy and will def pick up the right girl eventually.

As far as smash goes, not playing til the summer is kind of whack. Hopefully your mom changes her mind or something. **** if it comes down to it, we can get you on trips to Hobos and stuff. We pass through Waco anyways. Whatever it takes. I'll miss you if you're gone that long. :( Just make sure you take care of your home life and don't over concern yourself with stuff. Don't ever doubt that you can be great at anything.

I guess for now just take it easy though until you start feeling better. We all love you, and are here whenever you need anything. Even just to talk. Love you bro, and I'm always here. <3

mydadsacop123

Smash Apprentice
Hello and welcome to the dallas smash scene. If you are interested in playing with some locals I hold a smashfest every friday unless I say something on the boards. I live in coppell and if you're interested in attending my # is on the front page and so is my information. I hope to see you one day and once again welcome to dallas.
STOP FLIRTING DPHAT SHES MINE AGHHHHH
see yall friday lol :)

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
@DMG:

I'm so sorry bro. :(

Just know that your an amazing person and you have a good heart. You'll def be an excellent father. There's no doubt in my mind about that. As for the girl, I'm sure you know there's more out there and even if it hurts now you'll get better with time. You're an awesome guy and will def pick up the right girl eventually.

As far as smash goes, not playing til the summer is kind of whack. Hopefully your mom changes her mind or something. **** if it comes down to it, we can get you on trips to Hobos and stuff. We pass through Waco anyways. Whatever it takes. I'll miss you if you're gone that long. :( Just make sure you take care of your home life and don't over concern yourself with stuff. Don't ever doubt that you can be great at anything.

I guess for now just take it easy though until you start feeling better. We all love you, and are here whenever you need anything. Even just to talk. Love you bro, and I'm always here. <3
This is exactly why Dojo is top tier.
That, and his sexy poses in the group photos at FS5.

Get well soon DMG. I must play your Wario.

I'll be waaiiiiiiiiiiitiiiiiiiiiiiing.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
K Primes sister didn't play at the tournament. She was kinda good looking though. And no one has actually seen Kawaii Bunny or Val >: (

Ruthless

Smash Cadet
Ive seen Kawai and Val just not in person, i saw Kawaii's AIB and Vals myspace.

Kprimes sister didnt enter cuz she wanted to record, but she entered one before and she LOVES brawl.

oh and she is 16

u perv :laugh:

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Whatever, I can wait 2 years. Besides, I was surprised b/c I usually don't find Asians too attractive.

If you want I can go make an account with a cutsie name and a myspace and facebook for them... half the world thought Zori was a girl til he went to a tournament in person.

Besides, I don't believe you, you're a tall angry black guy.

Ruthless

Smash Cadet
im not angry :mad:

lol kawaii is seriously a chick, go check the kirby boards. Val is the only one that might be fooling us.

I would make my gurl play brawl if i still played....im gonna make her play Street fighter now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom