• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Brawl Thread: Batou Monthly, Feb 18th - Revolution 10, Mar 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Sonic is higher than Falcon. Easily. If you disagree, ur not my friend anymore.

Rudementry

Smash Journeyman
Holy cow new tier list is TERRIBLE. Fox dropped 5 spots. WHAT??? 19 - 24??? Are people crazy?

Anyway thats all I got to say. I suppose it gives people more reasons to underestimate me. :D

Tbh I've been trying out lucario. I don't know if it'll go anywhere but thats what I've been doing. Oh and I may have a couple spots in my car open for FS5. But I haven't decided for sure on that yet.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
Lmao, Dphat's Falcon kinda came out of nowhere, that was super cool.

Anyway, my issue is not with the lower tiers, I agree with them for the most part. Honestly, most of it is correct, there are just a few huge errors that I think brings it down. Snake and MK getting their own tiers bothers me a lot. I felt like people were finally calming down from the "let's ban MK, Snake is your only hope against him" phase, and were starting to really learn how to beat those guys. Putting them up on an official pedastal like that just reaffirms everyone's feelings that they are unbeatably broken.

Falco, Wolf and IC's seem WAY off to me, as well as Fox and Diddy to a lesser extent. Were it not for these characters and the SS and S tiers thing, I could get behind this new one pretty strongly.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Lmao, Dphat's Falcon kinda came out of nowhere, that was super cool.

Anyway, my issue is not with the lower tiers, I agree with them for the most part. Honestly, most of it is correct, there are just a few huge errors that I think brings it down. Snake and MK getting their own tiers bothers me a lot. I felt like people were finally calming down from the "let's ban MK, Snake is your only hope against him" phase, and were starting to really learn how to beat those guys. Putting them up on an official pedastal like that just reaffirms everyone's feelings that they are unbeatably broken.

Falco, Wolf and IC's seem WAY off to me, as well as Fox and Diddy to a lesser extent. Were it not for these characters and the SS and S tiers thing, I could get behind this new one pretty strongly.
Except, a vast majority of the SBR thinks MK shouldn't be banned lol. The splits were based off point values. The Gap between MK and Snake and Snake and Falco were huge(over .5) so they got their own tiers. We had a TON of discussion on the characters you mentioned aside from wolf as well. Tons of arguing over Fox/diddy/olimar...yeah. Fox did have a pretty high(the highest?) standard deviation as well so...yeah.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
@Hylian: I don't think he should be banned either, my point was that I think most people were starting to think that as well, but splitting them like that reawakens that "he's too good" mentality.

@Awestin: Melee1 was up a little too late, I think. Not good for his health...

Donkey Bong

Smash Ace
i was there when melee1 said all those homo things. it was messed up. me and angel made him sleep outside of the apmt. not really, but we considered it.

@infinity: TJ already has a hardon for melee1

Duffman0615

Smash Rookie
So, I was having a discussion with a buddy of mine about how its possible if a good kirby user, uses his B ability on Meta and take that ability. I mean after all kirby has some pretty strong attacks and if depending whether the user is skilled with him and lands those hits, would it be possible to win against a meta this way?

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
So, I was having a discussion with a buddy of mine about how its possible if a good kirby user, uses his B ability on Meta and take that ability. I mean after all kirby has some pretty strong attacks and if depending whether the user is skilled with him and lands those hits, would it be possible to win against a meta this way?
It's possible to win against Metaknight with anything. It's not such a good idea to think about what tools you need to beat Metaknight so much as how to use what's given to you properly dude.

I'm adding this line for my signature.

This one too.

One more to be safe.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
I'm adding this line for my signature.

This one too.

One more to be safe.
I've been doing that

ever since the silly rule came out.

I mean does it really prevent anything?

Maybe...

Maybe not...

Regardless: New tier list is jank. DK is getting closer to the middle =(

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
How often do you see Tornado used in Metaknight dittos? Almost never, because almost every move he has will stop it. I laugh when a Kirby takes my tornado because that means they'll be trying to use it, and it's free damage for MK.

Duffman0615

Smash Rookie
well regardless kirby does hit pretty strong with most of his attacks and if a skilled person were to use him correctly he can possibly beat an MK. Now I'm not saying to focus on beating and MK, the reason why I've brought this up is because of a simple discussion with a buddy of mine. Plus I've recently seen quite a few more kirby users online being used exceptionally well.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Kirby is only at a slight disadvantage against MK, so he can win... he doesn't need the nado though, as Angel said almost all of MK's moves hit you out of it.

Sudai

Stuff here
Only real advantage taking Meta's Nado would do for Kirby is give him a much easier tech chase and a punishment for Shuttle Loop recovery other than Stone Form. (Who recovers with Shuttle Loop often anymore anyway?)

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Damien, u got an open spot in ur car? I need a ride to FS5.

chronoize

Smash Journeyman
as a kirby user, i think the best use for mk nado is recovery. against some characters kirby has trouble getting back on to the stage. nado provides enough horizontal distance and it is relatively safe to use. other than that, nado isnt that great against mk, though using it occasionally isnt so bad.

PhoenixAlpha

Smash Journeyman
Hey, guys. I haven't been on the threads all break so I have several pages to sift through. I haven't found the updated carpools for FS5, but I need a spot in a car that's returning to Dallas. I should be able to get a ride from Hylian/Phantom austin crew to get to FS5, but I need to return to Dallas when it's done.

If someone could either let me know what the carpools are, or point me in the direction of the updated list (which I don't think the OP is), then I can see who has a "returning to Dallas" spot.

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
It just makes people spam on their posts more. Worst rule ever? Quite so.
You're right, I should just give out spam infractions for people who artificially lengthen their posts.

And for people who post "10somethings" at the end of their posts.

I'm just way too nice and spoil you guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom