• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Brawl Thread: Batou Monthly, Feb 18th - Revolution 10, Mar 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
That was a long time ago, i'm referring to recent news, and the only reason i though of taking him out is because he's the closest i could come to even considering taking anyone out lol

In all honesty, the team has a 90% chance of staying the way it is now, not to take away from your glory, but 2 money placings isn't anywhere near enough to outshine anyone on the crew right now, keep placing well and you can grab a spot. You are the number 1 sub though, no other sub options can compare to you atm.

EDIT: Here's the teams

Sotx: RoyR, seth, flip, hylian, gnes, razer, 3000, trex, Espy, Xyro

Subs: IDK

Ntx: Dojo, santi, dmg, infinity, Fogo, Utd zac, d4ba, melee1, Ice, Dphat

Subs: Frskn, Bwett, Angel, etc.

Exactly lol those are our only out of towners

I'll do it, i really don't think we need a captain though. 10 heads are better than 1 XD Maybe we switch off at different tournaments??
This sounds pretty epic. I really want to see if I can set time aside to get this done on Day 1. You guys ALL better be bringing set ups.

Unless everyone here is staying for Day 2. That would be easier, but I can't expect that because that's the Melee day.

N.O.T.A.-SrsC@

Smash Apprentice
Dude Nate, look up some of those hardcore Super Mario levels. Even then, a lot of those pale in comparison to Tubular. **** that level (those stars are in caps-lock, FYI).

Oh, and how fast do you think you could burn through SotN if you did nothing but play like an *** hauler the whole way through?
Never tried, actually. Is this all bosses or only necessary ones?

I'll be honest tho, Tubular was a hella easier with a controller, Srsly.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
MORE REASONS YOU SHOULD COME TO FINAL SMASH 5:

-Infinity vs See.Why (CY) EPIC MM! Watch as one of the best Metaknight players in Texas takes on a trashtalker who claims Infinity is nothing without Meta.
-Melee1 returns to defend his title!- the winner of Final Smash 4 comes back to San Antonio to defend his honor as the current champion!
-North Texas vs South Texas Crew Battle!-10 players from each half of Texas will duke it out in a formal crew battle! FIRST OF ITS KIND! DON'T MISS IT!

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
LOL infinity, get used to it. ive done it two sets ever
It's all good dude, I'm not worried about it. He's just some scrub trying to trash talk me anyway, lol.

You and your crew should come down some time dude, Texas is where all the cool people go :chuckle:

Never tried, actually. Is this all bosses or only necessary ones?
Whatever gets you through it the fastest dude.

Daimonster

Smash Journeyman
Counter picks...come on lemme be the crew captain.

Btw, Ice should be replaced by 4Saken. If you need an explaination...read the boards or pm/talk to me.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
After his performance at Hobo 13 Ice has my support for that slot. I feel more like it's a toss-up between Foursaken, Fogo and DPhat; not Ice.

Foursaken - This kid is good and he deserves his time to shine, but depending on how serious we're being in crews I don't know if he has the experience for this since he's only been to one or two out of town tournaments. On the other hand, the ones he has gone to he's done very well at.

Fogo - How can you go wrong with The Magic on your side? Fogo is good, no doubt in my mind about that, but he has some tendencies and habits in his gameplay that make him predictable after a few stocks. Mix it up a bit and you've probably got one of the (if not the) best DeDeDe players.

DPhat - Again, a really strong player. In fact, Andy would be a good candidate for power rankings if he was more consistent. He does well locally, but when he plays out-of-town he chokes. If he would work on his consistency Andy would be a very powerful player.

And honestly, why isn't Awestin being considered for a slot? That dude is balls!

I seriously vote Ice stays. He's got a better track record against me personally than anyone in Dallas besides Damien and I really feel like he's a very strong player. Not a whole hell of a lot of people can brag about putting Dojo into the loser's bracket, and he's one of them.

Why don't we have people play for whatever slots are up in the air? I don't mean sets against each other, but I mean like a short set of 5 games against someone where we can agree that the set could go either way based on the player? That way we can get some numbers instead of picking slots based on feelings.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I think D4ba would be a good captain for you guys. He knows counterpicks and stuff like destroying Cornerias guns in teams >_<.

Seriously though you want the person who knows who does good on what stages, who to put out against who, who to change characters against, when to put people out, game theoretic stratiegies is what being a crew captain is all about and I think daimen is pretty good at that :p.

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
QFT

After some thought on the subject, I strongly vote Ice stays in, and that we go with the original list that was posted.

My reason for saying so is that i looked beyond placement in tournaments, and looked at brackets instead. Nobody from the original sub list has ever beaten anybody of major importance, with the exception of Frskn beating KY, while everyone on our list has beaten at least 2-3 top rankers who also happen to be on our opposing crew, Sotx.

Common sense says we leave our crew the way it is, with all of our proven top rankers leading the crew.

If you guys doubt that I can play a role, I'll gladly prove myself to any of you.

EDIT: I say Damien for captain as well, he has my vote this time around.

Daimonster

Smash Journeyman
Hey, that was my idea focker :mad::mad::mad:
I'm not claiming that you may or may not have had this idea before me. However, I've never been taught to destroy the gun. I came up with it myself. I assumed you knew about it during OhSnap and if I recall; you specified me to destroy the gun.

After some thought on the subject, I strongly vote Ice stays in, and that we go with the original list that was posted.

First off Dojo: santi, dmg, infinity, Fogo, Utd zac, d4ba, melee1, 4Saken, Dphat would be my most favored and ideal lineup against their best players.

edit: thanks for the vote

When did Texas become a knock-off of California?

You bawrl nubs are making us look ********.
Ever since south texas fails to travel to Dallas/Waco for tournaments. Which seems like...always. Minus a few players i.e hylian/dmk. Also, less hating plz. We don't spam the melee thread.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
I think Damien or Melee1 should be captain, they both have a really good knowledge of matchups, stages, and where everybody stands, but I'm not playing anyway, so that's just my opinion :)

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Honestly I don't care about south vs north I just want to see a giant crew battle LOL.

<3 crew battles.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
Honestly I don't care about south vs north I just want to see a giant crew battle LOL.

<3 crew battles.
QFT. Seriously, we should do draft crews afterward. Ever since Oh Snap I've been jonesing for another crew battle.

@ Damien -

Them: We counterpick Corneria.
Me: Do you want to destroy the guns or do you want me to?
You: I'll do it.
You: <spawns right next to the guns>
Me: Well, that's convenient.

</care, because I don't care to argue over tiny *** details, lol>

Santi

Smash Lord
Can me and UTD Zac play on a team when we do a crew match??
=)
Falcon&Zelda

pootTheBox

Smash Ace
Team crews...*ponder**ponder**ponder**ponder*

Like 6-10 people per crew. 2 people from each crew on at the same time. Stock stealing allowed.
The end of it could end up being 2v1. Each PERSON has their own allotted stock. Imagine tanks having more stock like a bank and since they don't die they can carry more over to maybe another crewmate who will team with him. I dunno. I'm gonna definitely try this out at the next Gigapoot. Dallas Thread rules

Foursaken

Smash Apprentice
QFT

My reason for saying so is that i looked beyond placement in tournaments, and looked at brackets instead. Nobody from the original sub list has ever beaten anybody of major importance, with the exception of Frskn beating KY, while everyone on our list has beaten at least 2-3 top rankers who also happen to be on our opposing crew, Sotx.

Common sense says we leave our crew the way it is, with all of our proven top rankers leading the crew.

If you guys doubt that I can play a role, I'll gladly prove myself to any of you.

Hang on a second, deciding who gets to be in the crew battle based solely on " X has beaten Y " in the past would be a mistake. Here's my reasoning; You need to look past that. Now normally, your mentality would work, as consistency is key, but in this scenario, you need to ask yourself what role each player would be fulfilling in the helping of his crew. Lets take a look at the SoTex line up.

Sotx: RoyR, seth, flip, hylian, gnes, razer, 3000, trex, Espy, Xyro

Notice anything about the bolded names? All of them can be chain grabbed by D3, and one can even be 0 to death'd. Strategically speaking, you want to have the most advantageous match ups in order for a quick and easy win. Now, I'm in no way doubting Ice's prowess as a player, the boys **** good, but when your forced to choose between a guaranteed 3 stock or relying on a players skill, the choice is obvious. The SoTex line up has an inherent weakness to D3, their is no getting past that. I share the same view as Damien in this scenario, as last night he explained his reasoning for preferring me over Ice. Personally, I don't really care anymore, as there is nothing to gain nor lose from this crew battle, and not being put into play only motivates me even more to get better and progress as a player.

Finally, the main reason I'm not in the list of " X has beaten Y " category is because Oh Snap was my first major tournament of that magnitude. Everything else that I have previously attended was small, never peaking over 30 players, and for the most part, it was local. I don't have nearly as much exposure to the masses as some of you may have, but questioning my skill as a player for that matter solely irritates me a bit. I'm not trying to come off as arrogant and conceited, so forgive me if I seem like that, but I haven't had the chance to show everyone how much I've grown as a player. I still remember what Hylian said to me at SHDL, " You've got mad potential. " Those earnest words of motivation kept lit the fire of my determination to constantly progress. I enjoy playing this game, and I enjoy spending time with each and everyone of you, but I digress. I apologize for the rant of sorts, but I felt this needed some explanation on my part.

Good night all, and Merry Christmas... Eve. :laugh:

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
Who let Rudy on Foreskin's account?

<serious>

The reason I said what I did is because I haven't seen what you'll do when you're under pressure except for one time (against Thien) and I feel like you cracked under the pressure when you switched characters. There is zero doubt in my mind about your abilities as a player and you're definitely going places, (just look at the way everyone's talking about you, dude, seriously) I just don't know much about how well you would adapt to the out-of-town players. You're doing great locally, but I know for sure that Ice has been doing great both locally and out-of-town.

No one is basing anything solely on 'X beat Y,' we're just using it as grounds for comparison. Ice has shown that he can compete with some of the state's best players on multiple occasions, which is where the tournament experience part comes in again. Keep it up at your current pace and I won't have a single thing to say except 'welcome to the crew.' I've got faith in you dude, I just don't have much actual data to go on because you haven't been able to go to many of the out-of-town tournaments. (which sucks donkey balls, by the way, you need to go with us more often)

</serious>

<holiday serious>

Merry Christmas guys, I hope you all have a great time over the next few days. xD

</holiday serious>

Edit -

@ Damien - Yes it was, lol. I had to play against Sethlon 3 times that day because of teams dude, lol.

Foursaken

Smash Apprentice
Who let Rudy on Foreskin's account?
" Those earnest words of motivation kept lit the fire of my determination to constantly progress. " Wow, now that I've gone back and re - read my post, that is totally something Rudy would say. :laugh:

The reason I said what I did is because I haven't seen what you'll do when you're under pressure except for one time (against Thien) and I feel like you cracked under the pressure when you switched characters. There is zero doubt in my mind about your abilities as a player and you're definitely going places, (just look at the way everyone's talking about you, dude, seriously) I just don't know much about how well you would adapt to the out-of-town players. You're doing great locally, but I know for sure that Ice has been doing great both locally and out-of-town.
The main reason I switched characters is due to the " pep - talk " given to me by Melee1. He explained his reasoning for wanting me to switch, and it made sense. I'm not going to argue with sound logic; the guys a seasoned tournament vet and knows what he's talking about for the most part. I lost with D3 on a neutral, and won on a counter pick. To me, this means I'm more likely to have a better chance of winning if I don't put myself in a disadvantageous position by using D3 again on a another neutral. That's why I switched, not because I cracked under pressure. And you said it yourself, I simply got out played, which I can agree with. Cut me some slack here however, King DeDeDe vs. DK is 60:40 according to their boards, and 65:35 according to the D3 boards. Taking him to the last stock without having previous exposure to this match up; I think I did alright.

No one is basing anything solely on 'X beat Y,' we're just using it as grounds for comparison. Ice has shown that he can compete with some of the state's best players on multiple occasions, which is where the tournament experience part comes in again. Keep it up at your current pace and I won't have a single thing to say except 'welcome to the crew.' I've got faith in you dude, I just don't have much actual data to go on because you haven't been able to go to many of the out-of-town tournaments. (which sucks donkey balls, by the way, you need to go with us more often)
There is your proof, not to put Fogo on spot, by my reason for stating that was due to this comment. I don't really agree with this mind set, and I'm not trying to contest it, just putting my two cents out there. If that's your basis for determining line up, I'm a bit upset, but at the same time, completely understanding of the way you, Infinity, have put it. If there is even a doubt of my consistency in any ones head, then I don't feel as though I'm ready yet. I'll continue to prove my consistency at FS5, but until then, it's up in the crew leaders hands, and in retrospect, I agree that we keep Ice.

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
QFT

<3 you for typing my thoughts for me lol

I'm not hating on your skills Frskn, Im just talking about exp. against these people. I understand that's not fair because you haven't been ooc much, but it's still a huge factor. Say you infinite xyro and you 3 stock him, who's to say they won't send in sethlon? He would probably 3 stock you right back imo due to matchup exp.

Just a theoretical example, i'm not basing my whole mindset on this.

How about we just have everyone in the crew, and we just counterpick accordingly??

No subs, no hard decisions, just send in who we think will win on the day of the crew battle.

We probably won't all get to play anyway >_>

This crew battle will be hot. :D

Any thoughts on who will win?
Us.

Foursaken

Smash Apprentice
QFT

<3 you for typing my thoughts for me lol

I'm not hating on your skills Frskn, Im just talking about exp. against these people. I understand that's not fair because you haven't been ooc much, but it's still a huge factor. Say you infinite xyro and you 3 stock him, who's to say they won't send in sethlon? He would probably 3 stock you right back imo due to matchup exp.

Just a theoretical example, i'm not basing my whole mindset on this.

How about we just have everyone in the crew, and we just counterpick accordingly??

No subs, no hard decisions, just send in who we think will win on the day of the crew battle.

We probably won't all get to play anyway >_>

Us.
I had the pleasure of fighting Sethlon in pools at Oh Snap, I can take off at least two before I'm out. ;) I do, however, like your idea though. We'll just send in who we see fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom