• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Demon Lord Ghirahim's Fabulous Horde of Stunning Features! CONFIRMED ASSIST TROPHY APPEARANCE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RNH

Smash Cadet
I'd really just rather have Demise to be the newcomer (CAUSE THE FINAL BOSS FIGHT MADE MY DILDO DO A DANCE) but that seems pretty unlikely. Id also rather have Girahim as a boss or something

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I always found OoT Zelda to be a bit of a coward really, throwing all that calmness she had as Sheik out of the door at the very end and screaming like a child every 5 seconds instead. Even Toon Zelda was way braver than she was (Only Spirit Tracks Zelda had a bit of a phobia of mice).

Honestly, I believe your reasoning for disliking Ghirahim is more a bias linked to the art direction of the game itself then the character. I'm willing to bet had Skyward Sword gone the art style of Twilight Princess you would have had a more positive attitude towards him.

Honestly, this is why I can't really stand realistic art styles. I mean I don't actually "hate" them, I like a good realistic looking game every once in a while, don't get me wrong. But many people are being too obsessive over it as well as certain other specific elements, giving some developers the impression that they shouldn't try anything new or more creative. This is one of the reasons why I like Nintendo and certain other companies such as Level-5 so much, they try to get out of the comfort zone and being more creative with their ideas.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I always found OoT Zelda to be a bit of a coward really, throwing all that calmness she had as Sheik out of the door at the very end and screaming like a child every 5 seconds instead. Even Toon Zelda was way braver than she was (Only Spirit Tracks Zelda had a bit of a phobia of mice).

Honestly, I believe your reasoning for disliking Ghirahim is more a bias linked to the art direction of the game itself then the character. I'm willing to bet had Skyward Sword gone the art style of Twilight Princess you would have had a more positive attitude towards him.

Honestly, this is why I can't really stand realistic art styles. I mean I don't actually "hate" them, I like a good realistic looking game every once in a while, don't get me wrong. But many people are being too obsessive over it as well as certain other specific elements, giving some developers the impression that they shouldn't try anything new or more creative. This is one of the reasons why I like Nintendo and certain other companies such as Level-5 so much, they try to get out of the comfort zone and being more creative with their ideas.
agreed. People judge too much by the graphics. and anyway they can make a more realistic Ghirahim for Smash if they use Twilight Princess styled Link, Zelda and Ganondorf, like in Brawl. or they could do like Toon Link and remove the cel-shading.

D

Deleted member

One of the main reasons I can tell Tollhouse is a troll is because he criticises Zelda's Skyward Sword art. That design is better distinguished and memorable than her bells-and-whistles Twilight Princess design. The characters themselves, one is likeable, lively and has an impact on the story... the other is a dreary, gritty Zelda who has no personality. Midna totally shows up Zelda as bland in Twilight Princess, even the designs can tell you that.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
One of the main reasons I can tell Tollhouse is a troll is because he criticises Zelda's Skyward Sword art.
Yes, Zelda gets to actually do things in Skyward Sword and has personality. Yes, Zelda is nothing but a damsel and is barely in Twilight Princess.

I don't see what that has to do with the physical design. I still prefer the TP design, thank you very much.

yani

Smash Lord
Dropping in to say I proudly support Ghirahim. Gotta show love for my dude Holder :awesome:

D

Deleted member

Yes, Zelda gets to actually do things in Skyward Sword and has personality. Yes, Zelda is nothing but a damsel and is barely in Twilight Princess.

I don't see what that has to do with the physical design. I still prefer the TP design, thank you very much.
Design isn't simply what the model looks like, it's how it fits the world. Zelda in Skyward Sword illuminates the game's world, which is hard to understand unless you play the game.

rED023b

Smash Apprentice
NNID
himanattsu
Groose, what happened to freakin' GROOSE!

I mean, sure, Ghirahim has a really good chance at being a playable character, but I also want to see Groose in there, even as a story-mode NPC.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

I mean, sure, Ghirahim has a really good chance at being a playable character, but I also want to see Groose in there, even as a story-mode NPC.
There is already a Groose Thread made where you can show your support. --> http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=324289

I'd still rather have Ghirahim though despite how crazy fun Groose is.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990

Yeah, I don't disagree with that, Groose is awesome!

Dropping in to say I proudly support Ghirahim. Gotta show love for my dude Holder :awesome:
You sir are the coolest and most fabulous person on these boards. Demon Lord Ghirahim appreciates your support.

[COLLAPSE="Found another supporter of Ghirahim for Smash"]
[/COLLAPSE]

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
[COLLAPSE="Found another supporter of Ghirahim for Smash"]
[/COLLAPSE]
That is such a great idea.

User: Ridley.

Cleverbot: A real riddle.

User: Not riddle, Ridley!

Cleverbot: Why not?

User: Because there is a difference.

Cleverbot: There isn't?!

User: I said there is, are you deaf.

Cleverbot: I might cheat on you.

User: That is completely fine. I never asked for you anyway.

Cleverbot: Gooooood.

User: So back to Ridley. What do you think of him?

Cleverbot: I think Obama is great!

User: That's... But... I'm done.

Cleverbot: That was quick.

No it isn't.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Haha yeah it actually took a few tries for me to get Cleverbot to actually respond to my questions coherently.

59% Human? Must be 41% **** for brains.

But don't worry, I uncovered his secrets. He is a Debbie supporter.

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
I must say that I'm a full supporter of Ghirahim for Sm4sh. While I would love to see the likes of Masked Link or Skull Kid in SSB4, Ghirahim is by far my first choice for another Zelda rep.

Airik

Smash Rookie
If Ghirahim does make it (which I really hope he does) it should be in his final form. fo sho. :grin:

Excellent work and effort on this article btw

Spire

III
BRoomer
Ghirahim's Final Smash should transform him into his true form: the anti-Master Sword. Ghirahim is literally the opposite of Link's trusty sword that we've known since 1991. He would be a fine counterpart to Link, a just and worthy addition to Smash. After transforming into his Master Sword form, he would literally become a playable sword (hmm... Kinda like Death Sword from TP).

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Huh, never heard of that idea before. Literally play as his sword? Well, I suppose it COULD work. :laugh: Interesting point though, Ghirahim oddly enough does make a good counterpart to Link symbolically.

Thank you Airik, and thanks everyone for the support. :D

gothrax

Smash Journeyman
Or he would turn into a sword with the physics of a beam sword? And other players would pick him up and throw him at stuff :awesome:

:phone:

Tollhouse

Smash Journeyman
That dosn't prove anything. You're comparing concept art to a scene in the game.
I'm not trying to prove anything. I'm just saying the TP Zelda is more artistically sophisticated than the SS Zelda. Anyone can see that. Sakurai makes the characters in smash look their best to ever last detail. You can clearly see the stitch on Mario's overalls for example. The Mario characters have never looks so good as they are in brawl. I'm positive that they will either go with the HD Zelda models that were shown in the Wii U tech demo or they will greatly enhance SS Zelda to make her up to par with the other characters. We all saw what they did with Toon Link. They can do it to her and Ghirahim too. (If he makes it in)

And also to the people calling me a troll for comparing graphics; You clearly aren't grasping everything I'm saying. The art goes beyond just looks in video games. It sets the mood, the emotion, the setting, etc. It is what helps make the storytelling more compelling and memorable. Graphics are not all about looking realistic. Learn to appreciate the visuals of the games you play and understand what they do for the characters, mood, environment, and the storytelling. It doesn't matter if they are realistic. If they match all the elements that make up the game then they are successful.

Also the arguments pertaining to what each Zelda has done in their representative games is completely irrelevant. The best looking Zelda will make it into smash regardless and it certainly won't be the current SS Zelda without big adjustments in appearance.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Did it ever occur to you that they'll simply take the Skyward Sword characters, remove the cel-shading and then add more details to the models, similar to what they did with Toon Link?

Tollhouse

Smash Journeyman
Did it ever occur to you that they'll simply take the Skyward Sword characters, remove the cel-shading and then add more details to the models, similar to what they did with Toon Link?
Yes I mentioned that exactly if you took the time to read what I posted.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Yes I mentioned that exactly if you took the time to read what I posted.
I did. You mentioned it in the last sentence of the last paragraph in your last post. You still seem to imply that the SS Zelda design has no real chance compared to other Zelda models, which I can see the argument, but I still think SS Zelda has a good chance, if at least as an alternate costume if anything.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
The only thing they will adjust is their textures and polishing up their models to higher quality. Skyward Sword Zelda as well as Skyward Sword Link, Ghirahim and/or any other character that could become playable will still have the exact same appearance that they had in Skyward Sword, the same clothing, eyes and everything.

Tollhouse

Smash Journeyman
I did. You mentioned it in the last sentence of the last paragraph in your last post. You still seem to imply that the SS Zelda design has no real chance compared to other Zelda models, which I can see the argument, but I still think SS Zelda has a good chance, if at least as an alternate costume if anything.
Seeing as there's a new HD Link the SS Link isn't up to date anymore. I'm confident Sakurai will go with the HD model instead. And I mentioned the Toon Link thing twice and not just in my last paragraph

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Yes they "could" go for that HD model for Link's design, but what difference will that make towards Zelda and Ghirahim? They would still get the "Toon Link" treatment and have their designs polished up to Wii U standards as well as a change of texture. :/ Might as well go for the whole package and upgrade Link himself too instead of using a different design.

gothrax

Smash Journeyman
Quote from dean "You can clearly see the stitch on Mario's overalls for example. The Mario characters have never looks so good as they are in brawl." I BEG YOUR PARDON!!!! MARIO HAS NEVER LOOKED WORSE IN BRAWL... well other then in melee

Heres a quick description (blandly pale skin, maroon hat, practically black shoes, and JEANS!!!!!) WHEN IN THE MARIO SERIES DID HE EVER HAVE JEANS!!!.... but i must say its an improvement over melee (orange skin, pink hat, black shoes, ......jeansssss....) and the other mario characters looked wrong in brawl aswell except for yoshi.

So what I am REALLY hoping for is for the mario characters to look like they did in galaxy/M&SATO....... you know where mario has felt overalls?

Tollhouse

Smash Journeyman
Quote from dean "You can clearly see the stitch on Mario's overalls for example. The Mario characters have never looks so good as they are in brawl." I BEG YOUR PARDON!!!! MARIO HAS NEVER LOOKED WORSE IN BRAWL... well other then in melee

Heres a quick description (blandly pale skin, maroon hat, practically black shoes, and JEANS!!!!!) WHEN IN THE MARIO SERIES DID HE EVER HAVE JEANS!!!.... but i must say its an improvement over melee (orange skin, pink hat, black shoes, ......jeansssss....) and the other mario characters looked wrong in brawl aswell except for yoshi.

So what I am REALLY hoping for is for the mario characters to look like they did in galaxy/M&SATO....... you know where mario has felt overalls?

Overalls are jeans with suspenders... You thought the Mario characters looked bad in brawl? Wtf are you smoking?

My guess is there's an HD Zelda model somewhere too. It would be odd for Ganondorf and Zelda to not match the standards of HD Link.

gothrax

Smash Journeyman
You thought bowser looked good?? (Pale white snout, grayesh green shell, bronze arms and legs, very dark red hair?, blood shot eyes?, A HUNCH BACK, dude thats nothing like bowser what the ***** are you smoking.

Oh and are you tryin to tell me THOSE are JEANS????

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
My guess is there's an HD Zelda model somewhere too. It would be odd for Ganondorf and Zelda to not match the standards of HD Link.
Why go through the trouble of digging up "unused" but likely non-existent Tech Demo designs for the sake of avoiding the use the Skyward Sword ones? Just go for the Skyward Sword design's, polish them up to Wii U standards, give them more realistic textures (Or whatever other art style they use), add their moves and everything and call it a day. >_> Make for Ganondorf and Sheik a more SS based design (or keep them the way they are) instead of redoing everyone in an non-existent HD design. That sounds more convenient to me.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
If they update the characters to Skyward Sword design, I'm sure they'd make those designs more detailed. I hope they would change the way Zelda moves and acts though.. TP Zelda and SS Zelda are very different people. And since Sheik doesn't exist in SS.. she can basically stay how she is.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
In some sense, they'll all get new designs. For Ghirahim, Link, and Zelda it would probably just be more of a TEXTURE thing, but Ganondorf and Sheik would get designs that make them "match" with the rest.

Tollhouse

Smash Journeyman
You thought bowser looked good?? (Pale white snout, grayesh green shell, bronze arms and legs, very dark red hair?, blood shot eyes?, A HUNCH BACK, dude thats nothing like bowser what the ***** are you smoking.

Oh and are you tryin to tell me THOSE are JEANS????

*Facepalm* Is this a weak attempt to troll? If you're confused about overalls being jeans I can link you to sears and you can order your own pair and see for yourself.

I admit bowser and peach didn't look good in melee but they look great in brawl. i was never bothered by mario or luigi in melee tbh.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Only in a fabulous thread of Ghirahim's can people debate about clothing.

gothrax

Smash Journeyman
True i apologize holder

Besides nintendo wouldn't be as foolish as to listen to dean anyway:cool:

Tollhouse

Smash Journeyman
True i apologize holder

Besides nintendo wouldn't be as foolish as to listen to dean anyway:cool:

Yeah they have no interest in their characters looking at their finest what so ever. *rolls eyes* I understand your point of bowser looking bad in melee and the same for a few others, but seriously man. Everyone in brawl looks great. There is nothing to complain about the character models used in brawl.

And to stay on topic, if they do go with HD Link which makes the most sense that kind of hurts Ghirahim's chances doesn't it? SS will be a last gen game once the wii U comes out and with those amazing Zelda HD graphics the franchise would likely be moving into a new direction. Ghirahim could easily become last year's news.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
And to stay on topic, if they do go with HD Link which makes the most sense that kind of hurts Ghirahim's chances doesn't it? SS will be a last gen game once the wii U comes out and with those amazing Zelda HD graphics the franchise would likely be moving into a new direction. Ghirahim could easily become last year's news.
Not necessarily, since Toon Link was a previous generation character when Brawl came out, and they still kept his design overall, but added some details and removed the cel-shading, so who's to say they won't do the same for Ghirahim?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Not necessarily, since Toon Link was a previous generation character when Brawl came out, and they still kept his design overall, but added some details and removed the cel-shading, so who's to say they won't do the same for Ghirahim?
pretty much this. if they did this to Toon Link, they can do it to Ghirahim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom