• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Demon Lord Ghirahim's Fabulous Horde of Stunning Features! CONFIRMED ASSIST TROPHY APPEARANCE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
haha you were to think zant was a bad ***.... Then you got towards the end and he just went psycho. He made me laugh. But that would be cool and since there is a big debate about weather zant or ghirahim got into ssb4 they should both get in. Personally I'd prefer zant but wouldn't mine ghirahim. Also zant also had duel wield and he could shoot stuff at you which I don't know what it was he was shooting at you.
you misunderstood my post, the him in the last phrase was referring to Ghirahim, not Zant.

I wonder if Ghirahim could again be on a mission to awaken his "master" for Sm4sh's story mode. His master would probably be changed to Ganondorf or something.
I've had also that idea, in fact, the whole idea of Ganondorf being a super villain behind the many villains of Nintendo (including Bowser, Ghirahim and Ridley) would be epic for a story mode, it just fits him. being Demise's reincarnation, Ganon would be a fitting master for Ghirahim.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
Ghirahim wouldn't notice it immediatly,he meets Ganon,fight occures,at the end they look at each and feel like "this guy looks like something..." then Ghirahim recognize ganondorf,on his knee,"Master",stuff like that,and then Ganondorf recognize him.

That is,unless his default costume is Demise,especially with people requesting Ganon with his sword.

D

Deleted member

Worthy of a bump.

Ghirahim is a solid choice for a character. If there should be any Zelda newcomers in Smash, it is undoubtedly him. Of course I'm not going to bet on a Zelda newcomer yet, but I think Ghirahim is not someone to rule out yet.

Miyamoto also stated about Ghirahim that he wanted Ghirahim to be "remembered". I'm not sure if this means anything towards potential inclusion in Smash, but it is interesting to see nonetheless.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Sakurai did say that Miyamoto gets what he wants when it comes to Smash, didn't he?

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
What just happened!?! I was linked here after clicking Heel's signature out of curiosity. What the hell is that odd dancing creature doing there?
Well since I'm here I might as well shout out some support for my favorite fabulous android, Ghirahim.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Why thank you SSBF, I really appreciate the bump and love. Agree with your sentiments as to his chances for the most part and the chances of a Zelda newcomer, that is the most logical stance that I can come up with. Nice to see someone else who sees it as such.

I also had no idea Miyamoto said that! Very interesting, he is perhaps different than what most make him out to be. Though, I won't assume anything, I'll just wait and see. ^_^ Thanks also for the information. (I wonder if I had heard of this but simply forgot? XD Oh well).

@Dakota: My signature is Excalibur from the anime Soul Eater. Does he have anything to do with Ghirahim, or Smash for that matter? No. But it captures your attention, and when you put your mouse over it, it reveals itself to be one giant button. The mysterious allure of it is to pull in hits and potential posts and supporters. Glad to see it go as planned hehehe~

D

Deleted member

Sakurai did say that Miyamoto gets what he wants when it comes to Smash, didn't he?
Yep, he did. In the SSB Wii-U thread on the Brawl General Discussion thread, Shortiecanbrawl even proved it by quoting it. I'm too lazy to dig it up, but it is there.

Anyway, I could see Miyamoto taking an interest in Ghirahim for SSB4, with his flamboyant personality and the aresenal he has equipped. Miaymoto also considers Skyward Sword to be his best Zelda game, so he clearly takes pride in this game.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Went back and read the first post in it's entirety. I am truly moved by such dedication. I can tell his moveset was made with the utmost care and it compliments Ghirahim's essence perfectly. Most people blatantly rip moves they see the characters use in the game without going the extra mile to truly tap into the characters being and make original attacks that match their style. Naming all the moves and describing them in vivid detail won me over. You got my support 100%.

EDIT: Damn! Took me at least 10 minutes maybe even 30 to read the first post, judging by the time span between my previous post and this one. I knew alot of work was put into it but dang that was a long post. Only figures seeing as how you put in time to Describe his movements like walking and falling. Thoroughly impressed. Gotta go add Ghirahim to my sig.

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
if ghirahim ends up making it, i can't see him not being unlockable. which means we won't hear about him until around the time the game releases. this really sucks. (all four of my most wanted characters are this way bluuhhh)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Honestly, I could see him as a starter, as well, along with unlockable. I mean, it would be sort of interesting to have SS Link, Zelda/Sheik, and Ghirahim from the start, and then proceed to unlock Toon Link and Ganondorf, since they weren't in SS. I dunno, aesthetically it seems pretty cool.

D

Deleted member

Can't really see Ghirahim as a starter. I think if a villain gets in as a starter, they are King K. Rool and Ridley.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
That would be true...

Like I said, I can see it go either way, but I'm leaning toward unlockable.

D

Deleted member

Thanks Holder.

A man with a personality as wild as his definitely explains the changes made to him.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
No problem SSBF (sometimes, like right now, when I type that, I think "Super Saiyan Best Friend" or something :laugh: Craziness). But maaan! He could've look so completely different from what we actually got... it blew me away to see such dramatic differences in what the original concepts were. Honestly, they all look great, it seems the beauty of Ghirahim is in the character idea. All the more reason to love him I suppose.

And yeah I can see what you mean Sage. Those do look familiar, almost as if I've seen a face look just like that somewhere, either on television or in an anime, probably the latter. Can't put my finger on it though.

Do you guys prefer the rendition we received, or one of the chucked models? I'm not quite sure. I think what we got suited it best, but I really really want those other ones to be used for other characters, or perhaps... dare I say it... use them in other Zelda games as different version of Ghirahim the Anti Master Sword? :awesome:

D

Deleted member

Ghirahim looking like Dr. House?
I'd like him more if that was the case. :laugh:

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
yeah, some of the preliminary designs looked pretty stupid, but some looked really good. like these![COLLAPSE="HERE!"]
(i think i like some of the ones on the top row more than the final design).[/COLLAPSE] then there were the ones that looked like something out of final fantasy, which kind of tread that line.

even if ghirahim never appears in another game, he's the one who triggered plot of the whole series. i'd say he's one of the most important characters in zelda, and he kind of deserves a roster spot just on that.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I support Ghirahim being in the next game.
I also want my avatar to be an alternative costume.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
In his final form they both are long and pointed outward.

:phone:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
i'd like to see both Ganondorf and Ghirahim in the next smash bros. The two of them are quite different from one another, and i personally think that Mario and Zelda should have a 5th character. Or maybe that is too much? i can dream...

D

Deleted member

If we get a fifth rep, it'll probably be Ghirahim. There's a slight chance for Toon Zelda/Sheik, but that not a likely scenario.

But it's best to be catious about expecting a fifth Zelda rep in general.

MelMoe

Smash Journeyman
I hope Ghirahim becomes a recurring character in LoZ. I haven't even played Skyward Sword & I can tell he is fabulous.

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
I hope Ghirahim becomes a reccurring* character in LoZ. I haven't even played Skyward Sword & I can tell he is fabulous.

I really hope to (ghira)him to be a recurring character, but this is nearly impossible, because... well... you don't played skyward sword yet... but if you want to know... WARNING SPOILERS ALERT!

[COLLAPSE="I'M TELLING YOU! SUPER SPOILERS!"]He revealed to be Demise's sword like Fi is the spirit of Link's sword. When Demise is defeated, he put his sword on the ground, then the sword shatters, leaving the idea that ghirahim was died.[/COLLAPSE]

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Ghirahim is definitely the most likely to be chosen for a Zelda rep, if we are to get one, as SSBF notes, it is wise not to hold your breath. Toon Zelda/Sheik seems particularly unlikely considering that means +2 Zelda characters, seeing as how 1 seems almost too good to be true.

Also must repeat that the above mentioned spoiler is conjecture, and that I'd even argue that it is not what you think it is. Although, the majority of people think what you're saying as well, but I can't help but to disagree.

On a side note, an alternate costume:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
lol amazing. i hope they have 5 reps for zelda and mario. i dont want any of them removed. However, i have heard that they may downsize the roster from an article somewhere. Sakurai apparently said he felt the roster was already big enough. if that happens, i can only hope they provide dlc characters or something

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
Ghirahim is definitely the most likely to be chosen for a Zelda rep, if we are to get one, as SSBF notes, it is wise not to hold your breath. Toon Zelda/Sheik seems particularly unlikely considering that means +2 Zelda characters, seeing as how 1 seems almost too good to be true.

Also must repeat that the above mentioned spoiler is conjecture, and that I'd even argue that it is not what you think it is. Although, the majority of people think what you're saying as well, but I can't help but to disagree.

On a side note, an alternate costume:

What's he preparing for dinner?

And can you tell to me your theory? Aniway, Skyward Sword is the first entry of the zelda series, and there is no sight of Ghirahim in other games... anyway... I duno

D

Deleted member

I would be curious to see how fabulous Ghirahim's cooking is.

@Really Shy Guy: Wait, isn't The Minish Cap even earlier?

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
^this. Skyward Sword is the first one. However, i begin to wonder if Ghirahim is related to Vaati in some way. Very interesting

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Whaaaaat? Everything Ghirahim cooks is fabulous! Granted, it is probably not edible by normal humans. For the life of me I cannot figure out who the guy is peeking through the window in that picture. O_O

@Shy Guy, it isn't so much a theory, but simply seeing as how it wouldn't make sense for Ghirahim to die in Demise's fight. He was a blade, and he wasn't sustaining any damage in the fight, and Demise wasn't killed, but merely weakened enough to be sealed all over again, which obviously wouldn't kill Ghirahim, or else Ghirahim wouldn't have been alive throughout Skyward Sword. Probably couldn't count the number of times I've expressed this in these forums. :laugh:

Also, I think the Zelda creator(s) commented on Ghirahim not being related to Vaati. Could be wrong, but I think I remember reading that somewhere.

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
Whaaaaat? Everything Ghirahim cooks is fabulous! Granted, it is probably not edible by normal humans. For the life of me I cannot figure out who the guy is peeking through the window in that picture. O_O

@Shy Guy, it isn't so much a theory, but simply seeing as how it wouldn't make sense for Ghirahim to die in Demise's fight. He was a blade, and he wasn't sustaining any damage in the fight, and Demise wasn't killed, but merely weakened enough to be sealed all over again, which obviously wouldn't kill Ghirahim, or else Ghirahim wouldn't have been alive throughout Skyward Sword. Probably couldn't count the number of times I've expressed this in these forums. :laugh:

Also, I think the Zelda creator(s) commented on Ghirahim not being related to Vaati. Could be wrong, but I think I remember reading that somewhere.
1: I want a dinner made by (Ghira)him

2. This give me hopes! Really want (Ghira)him to turn back!

3. I remember this too, he said that the designes similarities of (Ghira)him and Vaati was just a coincidence.

4. This is sarcasm or irony: (Ghira)HIM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom