• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Demon Lord Ghirahim's Fabulous Horde of Stunning Features! CONFIRMED ASSIST TROPHY APPEARANCE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Adding in Ghirahim has nothing to do with Link's design.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Adding in Ghirahim has nothing to do with Link's design.
of course not. Link's design could be from another game, they could put Ghirahim anyway. we have Toon Link and (Twilight Princess) Link in the same game, so it wouldn't be something new if this happened with Ghirahim.

Tollhouse

Smash Journeyman
Not necessarily, since Toon Link was a previous generation character when Brawl came out, and they still kept his design overall, but added some details and removed the cel-shading, so who's to say they won't do the same for Ghirahim?
There's phantom hourglass and also spirit tracks was probably in the beginning of its development during brawl's completion so therefore he wasn't a previous gen character at the time. If they have a more recent model of Link why not use that over SS Link? It's easily a gimme that is our new Link for the next smash. I bet my pancreas and a kidney they will use the HD Link.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
There's phantom hourglass and also spirit tracks was probably in the beginning of its development during brawl's completion so therefore he wasn't a previous gen character at the time. If they have a more recent model of Link why not use that over SS Link? It's easily a gimme that is our new Link for the next smash. I bet my pancreas and a kidney they will use the HD Link.
It's true that Phantom Hourglass was Toon Link's most recent Zelda game during brawl. But his weaponry as well as his entire stage were still based off the Wind Waker, not to mention all his trophies came from that game too. So the Toon Link in brawl was technically based off the Wind Waker. Same thing with Young Link in melee, who was still based off how he was in Ocarina of Time instead of Majora's Mask. So while were at it, why should that tech demo be much of a threat to Skyward Sword Link?

I don't think you should sacrifice your organs over a videogame, but whatever go ahead. :troll:

But seriously, where getting off topic now. If we need to talk about the Zelda cast's designs let's do that in their respective threads. This is about Ghirahim.

Tollhouse

Smash Journeyman
It's true that Phantom Hourglass was Toon Link's most recent Zelda game during brawl. But his weaponry as well as his entire stage were still based off the Wind Waker, not to mention all his trophies came from that game too. So the Toon Link in brawl was technically based off the Wind Waker. Same thing with Young Link in melee, who was still based off how he was in Ocarina of Time instead of Majora's Mask. So while were at it, why should that tech demo be much of a threat to Skyward Sword Link?

I don't think you should sacrifice your organs over a videogame, but whatever go ahead. :troll:

But seriously, where getting off topic now. If we need to talk about the Zelda cast's designs let's do that in their respective threads. This is about Ghirahim.
Ughgghhh!!! Zelda's cast designs might affect Ghirahim's chances. That's what I've been arguing, so this is not off topic. We are talking about how the Zelda franchise will be represented in smash. That has everything to do with Ghirahim's possibility of being in smash. Ok?!!

I bet my organs on that because I am so confident foo. And the reason for picking HD Link is simple. It's the newest Link. HD Link will be picked with the same reason why Sakurai decided to add TP Link in brawl over using Oot Link again.

Just because Toon Link's moves are based off WW didn't make him a last gen character. The same character was featured in the DS and would again return in Spirit Tracks shortly after brawl would be released. Toon Link gained the status of being today's "Young Link." This was why Young Link was updated into Toon Link.

Now in regards to Ghirahim, sure he can easily be brought in smash even if HD Link is chosen. I'd say his chances would be better if they went with SS models because they would be representing SS better that way. If Ghirahim were to be in the next Zelda for the Wii U I'd say his chances are much much better. Really, the only thing going for him at this point is that he's the newest villian of the newest Zelda game. That status may very well change before smash 4 comes out. A new villain could appear and Ghirahim will fall in the same path as Zant and all the other one shot villains that never made it to smash.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
But isn't HD Link's appearance more along the lines of Skyward Sword Link, but with more detail? Likewise, I always thought Skyward Sword Link's design had a striking resemblance to Twilight Princess Link, but with more cel-shading.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Nah I played both Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword.
Although the characters in Skyward sword are pixelation free and alot more things are modeled in 3d, there is significantly less detail in the designs.
WiiU HD link is What Twilight princess would've looked like had they better tech back then.
Although the graphical differences are obvious It's really hard to pinpoint which game was funner though.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Ughgghhh!!! Zelda's cast designs might affect Ghirahim's chances. That's what I've been arguing, so this is not off topic. We are talking about how the Zelda franchise will be represented in smash. That has everything to do with Ghirahim's possibility of being in smash. Ok?!!
lol calm down pal. alright lets go with that then.

I bet my organs on that because I am so confident foo. And the reason for picking HD Link is simple. It's the newest Link. HD Link will be picked with the same reason why Sakurai decided to add TP Link in brawl over using Oot Link again.
Wait, are you implying that tech demo was Nintendo showing off Zelda's latest game? Because if you do, that's likely not the case. As the name implies, it was just a "tech demo" meant to show off the Wii U's power, not the actual game that is currently in development. And Aunuma or Myamoto mentioned that Zelda Wii U wouldn't necessarily look or be what we've seen of that tech demo anyway. So if we do get that design for Link, then there is the matter of the lack of Zelda design that they probably likely don't have. Also, if you're arguing for the lack of HD design of Skyward Sword Link then they can always use this model that (if i remember correctly) was even more recent than that Wii U tech demo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJ5SwyqHQnw

Plus keep in mind that Smash has this current theme of being behind one gen. Melee had the Mario and Zelda cast as well as everything else in the N64 themes. Ocarina of Time Link and all. Brawl had everything towards the style of the Gamecube. With Links of both Twilight Princess (Which was originally a Gamecube game and came out right at the beginning of the Wii's lifespan) and Wind Waker appearing.
If this trend is anything to go by, then it should be likely that they will reference the Wii appearances more than the Wii U (unless those like Olimar got a new game for that system before their anywhere near halfway through with the game)

Just because Toon Link's moves are based off WW didn't make him a last gen character. The same character was featured in the DS and would again return in Spirit Tracks shortly after brawl would be released. Toon Link gained the status of being today's "Young Link." This was why Young Link was updated into Toon Link.
Spirit Tracks Link wasn't Wind Waker Link. Only Phantom Hourglass featured the same Link. The Toon Link design is actually both last and current gen since it's still relevant today. But that still didn't stop him from being more heavily based off Wind Waker then the others. And like I said, Brawls was more one gen behind so it's more likely they based him off how he was in Wind Waker then Phantom Hourglass (Which did get a sticker or two and a mention in one or two trophies)

btw. I'm not implying all characters and everything came from the Gamecube era, some newer characters, trophies, stickers etc obviously came around the beginning of the Wii era.

Now in regards to Ghirahim, sure he can easily be brought in smash even if HD Link is chosen. I'd say his chances would be better if they went with SS models because they would be representing SS better that way. If Ghirahim were to be in the next Zelda for the Wii U I'd say his chances are much much better. Really, the only thing going for him at this point is that he's the newest villian of the newest Zelda game. That status may very well change before smash 4 comes out. A new villain could appear and Ghirahim will fall in the same path as Zant and all the other one shot villains that never made it to smash.
Agreed. But Smash 4 is now starting it's development, by the time the Wii U Zelda comes around smash 4 would likely be over halfway in development or probably already finished by then making it pointless to change everyone's design to reflect that zelda game. As mentioned before, every smash game besides the original was more based on the last gen console then the current one (Melee had the N64 themes and Brawl had the Gamecube themes) so if this trend continues. Then Link and Zelda will likely have their designs of their Wii debut's then the Gamecube or Wii U designs. Which will likely mean either Nintendo will bring Ganondorf back and do him in the style of SS to make him fit in. Or they will replace him with Ghirahim. Or they could both appear.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
I support this so hard. Lord G has become one of my most favorite Zelda characters of all time. I'd be proud to join such a fabulous horde. =p AS many have stated here, I would expect Syward Sword to be the next featured Link/Zelda in Smash unless a new one comes out significantly before Smash 4.

Onyx Oblivian

Smash Journeyman
I think Tollhouse has a point.

HD Link is an incarnation that many people took notice of.

I personally think they're going to go 1 of 2 ways with this one:

1. Go with Skyward Sword style.

2. Go with non-specific, Brand-New designs. This is what I think they'll be going to do.

Who is to say Sakurai wasn't impressed with that Zelda HD demo. What of he goes to that team and asks for the design of their Link and creates a new art style revolved around it? Ghirahim included if he's in?

You know, Melee's Zelda Art Style was based off of the Spaceworld 2000 demo. HD Zelda tech demo is not completely out of the question.

I think it'd be killer to see a Ghirahim with that art style :]

:phone:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Oh I wasn't implying that they "can't" use that Tech demo design or anything. I'm just stating my own opinion on the matter and debating with Tollhouse of why they don't necessarily "have to" use it. And as you stated. It likely doesn't hinder Ghirahims chances at all. Both designs look really similar anyway....
Oh and also how sacrificing your organs over this is just a silly idea. :troll:

And wasn't it only Ganondorf where they used the Spaceworld design?

I'm fine with the Skyward Sword cast gaining the Tech demo style if they want to do it that way.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I think Tollhouse has a point.

HD Link is an incarnation that many people took notice of.

I personally think they're going to go 1 of 2 ways with this one:

1. Go with Skyward Sword style.

2. Go with non-specific, Brand-New designs. This is what I think they'll be going to do.

Who is to say Sakurai wasn't impressed with that Zelda HD demo. What of he goes to that team and asks for the design of their Link and creates a new art style revolved around it? Ghirahim included if he's in?

You know, Melee's Zelda Art Style was based off of the Spaceworld 2000 demo. HD Zelda tech demo is not completely out of the question.

I think it'd be killer to see a Ghirahim with that art style :]

Melee's Zelda art style was based on the Spaceworld 2000 demo, but only slightly, and in regards to Link and Ganondorf only. What of Young Link, Zelda, and Sheik? Melee's LoZ designs were primarily based on the OoT artwork.

Link (OoT)Link (Melee)
Young Link (OoT)Young Link (Melee)
Zelda (OoT)Zelda (Melee)
Sheik (OoT)Sheik (Melee)
Ganondorf (OoT)Ganondorf (Melee)Ganondorf (Spaceworld Demo)

So yeah.

gothrax

Smash Journeyman
Ever think that they might come up with another zelda that looks nothing like SS or that tech demo BEFORE smash4?

Then they'd look like that ~_~

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Debatable, it'd be really late in the development for them to swap to a new design and start incorporating things to represent the new Zelda game into it in the form of trophies, items, stages, assists, etc and any possible alterations to Link's moveset.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Ever think that they might come up with another zelda that looks nothing like SS or that tech demo BEFORE smash4?

Then they'd look like that ~_~

As Holder of the Heel stated. It would likely be too late for that because the Zelda cast are probably likely one of the first to get implemented into the game (or at least Link and Zelda would be). The most they could do for it is make only that particular Link playable with an added nickname like they did with Young and Toon Link. Of course, assuming that Link is a younger Link and all... If it's another adult Link, he could probably see better chances in the smash bros game after 4.

gothrax

Smash Journeyman
Aaa... im just sayin could be 3/5 years for sm4sh to come out? And if they pull a wind waker and make a surprise zelda game that throws everyones expectations off?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Aaa... im just sayin could be 3/5 years for sm4sh to come out? And if they pull a wind waker and make a surprise zelda game that throws everyones expectations off?

Yeah but they will likely release a trailer a few years before release like they did with Brawl. We "could" possibly expect a trailer next year or just maybe this Fall and if the Zelda team hasn't announced a new Zelda game by then. Then it would most likely be Link and everyone in the Skyward Sword/Tech Demo design. But if the new Zelda features a brand new Young Link unrelated to the Wind Waker Toon Link or Ocarina of Time Young Link then it's likely that the new Link could still have a chance of making it into smash with the same treatment as Young and Toon Link. That's my view on the matter at least... :/

Well Aunuma DID warn us the new Zelda Wii U game wouldn't necessarily be like that Tech Demo so I'd say anything is possible, even another Zelda game like Wind Waker... Which IMHO isn't a bad thing since I absolutely loved the Wind Waker but it would put off the typical "hardcore" gamer though... As usual...

Tollhouse

Smash Journeyman
Debatable, it'd be really late in the development for them to swap to a new design and start incorporating things to represent the new Zelda game into it in the form of trophies, items, stages, assists, etc and any possible alterations to Link's moveset.
If there's concept art that hasn't been used Sakurai could have access to that. It is very possible we could get a Link that won't be the same as the one in the next Zelda game.

The HD Link looks really similar to TP Link. They could easily render the Brawl models of Zelda and Ganondorf to match Link. And if they do decide to put Ghirahim in they can do the same obviously. I forget who said something along the lines of Ghirahim replacing Ganondorf... If that ever happens I will never forgive Nintendo. That's worse than replacing Mewtwo with Lucario, a lot worse.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
If there's concept art that hasn't been used Sakurai could have access to that. It is very possible we could get a Link that won't be the same as the one in the next Zelda game.

The HD Link looks really similar to TP Link. They could easily render the Brawl models of Zelda and Ganondorf to match Link. And if they do decide to put Ghirahim in they can do the same obviously. I forget who said something along the lines of Ghirahim replacing Ganondorf... If that ever happens I will never forgive Nintendo. That's worse than replacing Mewtwo with Lucario, a lot worse.
well, I must agree with this. the HD Link is clearly based on TP Link, so they can obviously make TP styled HD models for Zelda, Sheik and Ganondorf for use in SSB4, and future Zeldas as well. they could do the same for Ghirahim, by removing cel-shading and add more details.

also, replacing Ganondorf with Ghirahim would be bad... very bad. they are entirely diferent characters and Ganondorf is more important than Ghirahim. if Ghirahim is to be a character in SSB4, then Ganondorf must stay... well, I must say, antagonist characters are always welcome to the SSB roster.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990

Ganondorf must stay. I do understand the beauty of simply having the triforce trinity of power, wisdom, and courage playable and nothing else. Demon Lord Ghirahim to me though fits too well, would be excellent, and as mentioned before by another, he fits in pretty well symbolically in his own way. Not to mention, we may be lowering our standards for who can get in this time around considering few deserving major characters remain, not enough at least to reach 50 without grabbing a lot of retros and a few minors. -Still hoping he becomes a major-

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Well I agree, Ganondorf has the most priority behind Link himself. Then Zelda, then Sheik. Whether Toon Link or Ghirahim has more priority could be debated, people don't want multiple Links or a clone for that matter.

Really want a non-heavy not slow as crap villain though. We have Bowser, Ganondorf, and the on-and-off again villain D3 (Metaknight breaks that tradition, but he too is on-and-off again). Wolf isn't super heavy, but he is heavier and is slower than the rest of Starfox. Then we have people asking for Ridley and King K. Rool. We need a villain that isn't some fatass and not stereotypically stronger and slower than the good guys.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I rather have Ganon over Ganondorf to be honest. If were talking about Link's long time arch-nemesis then I'd rather take the Blue Pig Wizard then the cliche Dark Lord. Just my opinion there.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Shamelessly bumping from having added updated the second post with some links of people discussing Ghirahim for SSB4, moveset illustrations, and alternate costume colors!

Also noticed while searching that a lot of people are asking for votes on Deviantart for Ghirahim on the poll being conducted posted on the VGtribune poll. If you haven't gone to give your support for him, do so now!

Guess what? As of this post, he is in SECOND place.

No collapsing that fabulousness.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
It was pretty impressive, I admit. The Ridley one as well.

On that note of Swap Note, did my independence day one get sent with Kid Icarus? I put the date stamp on it thinking it would send automatically, not sure if it does that though. o_o

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I received

nothing.

Also I wonder if I should have made him the catcher instead. That sort of connection only just now hit me though. I was probably pretty tired when I drew that, but I think I drew them playing baseball because of Ghirahim and his diamonds on the ol' diamond field... Just made sense. It's too bad I was running out of ink for Ridley.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Ah darn you Swap Note. >_< I'll send it tonight even though now it will just confuse everyone.

And yeah the entire time I was waiting for you to run out of ink, they need to increase the amount we can use. .__. Ghirahim is a good catcher, but he is strong enough to be a pitcher too.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
we all know that his faboulousness is just a facade...

he really has all that's needed for Smash: combat skills! new antagonist in the roster! crazy personality! notability! but there's one thing he lacks... namely mercy. would love to see him competing against Ganondorf himself, and having Demise as his Final Smash.

would also like having him as a dual sword wielder (as in his 2nd boss battle), since no other character in SSB does that, so bonus points for uniqueness.

if Zant were to appear as well, it would be insane to have both facing off against each other. for badassery points, have him fight with his cape.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
he really has all that's needed for Smash: combat skills! new antagonist in the roster! crazy personality! notability! but there's one thing he lacks... namely mercy.
Wow, that was brilliant. Wish I thought of it for the original post. :laugh:

Two swords is possibly better than what I have in my set, where he summons it temporarily in his Smash attacks, whereas neutral attacks were one.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Wow, that was brilliant. Wish I thought of it for the original post. :laugh:

Two swords is possibly better than what I have in my set, where he summons it temporarily in his Smash attacks, whereas neutral attacks were one.
here's an idea: he could have a more or less equal number of moves using one or two swords and, like what happens with Pit and bow positions, he would wield one or two swords depending on the last attack used.

his forward smash could have him use his two handed sword from his third battle for a slow but powerful attack, like something from a heavyweight character. his two other smash attacks would have him use one or two swords for faster, albeit weaker (but still strong enough), attacks.

having his sword beams from the last battle would give him another ranged move, adding to the Neutral B suggested in the OP.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I actually added his sword beam as his up tilt, giving him a charged powerful attack very similar to Ganondorf (except this one is weaker but ranged).

As for your other ideas, I like. Other peeps need to be constructing sets, there is so much you can do. That and I like piling content into the first and second posts. I'm quite proud of my support thread. :embarrass:

bombers14

Smash Apprentice
we all know that his faboulousness is just a facade...

he really has all that's needed for Smash: combat skills! new antagonist in the roster! crazy personality! notability! but there's one thing he lacks... namely mercy. would love to see him competing against Ganondorf himself, and having Demise as his Final Smash.

would also like having him as a dual sword wielder (as in his 2nd boss battle), since no other character in SSB does that, so bonus points for uniqueness.

if Zant were to appear as well, it would be insane to have both facing off against each other. for badassery points, have him fight with his cape.
haha you were to think zant was a bad ***.... Then you got towards the end and he just went psycho. He made me laugh. But that would be cool and since there is a big debate about weather zant or ghirahim got into ssb4 they should both get in. Personally I'd prefer zant but wouldn't mine ghirahim. Also zant also had duel wield and he could shoot stuff at you which I don't know what it was he was shooting at you.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'd suggest taking Zant talk somewhere else to avoid off topicness.

Anyway, I finally figured out what I was doing wrong in Skyward Sword in the Faron Woods (/Zelda Noob) and got up to Ghirahim's 1st boss fight. It made me want him so much more actually seeing him in action.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Haha what were you doing wrong?

And yeah, that's the "Ghirahim" effect that hits most people who are curious about him, and that hit me as well. Few newcomers ideas offer that experience.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I wonder if Ghirahim could again be on a mission to awaken his "master" for Sm4sh's story mode. His master would probably be changed to Ganondorf or something.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Haha what were you doing wrong?

And yeah, that's the "Ghirahim" effect that hits most people who are curious about him, and that hit me as well. Few newcomers ideas offer that experience.
I couldn't find the third Kikwi. I was about to give up after weeks of refusing to look it up, but I accidentally clicked A near a shrub, pulled it up, found it was the Kikwi, felt like an absolute idiot, and the rest was history haha.

But yeah, the Diamond Projectile should definitely be one of his Specials, probably the neutral.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom