• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Demon Lord Ghirahim's Fabulous Horde of Stunning Features! CONFIRMED ASSIST TROPHY APPEARANCE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MelMoe

Smash Journeyman
The developers meant to make Ghirahim stand out & be remembered. I would hate to see all their hard work in one game.

Ghirahim should get a cooking spin-off. :troll:

:phone:

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
The developers meant to make Ghirahim stand out & be remembered. I would hate to see all their hard work in one game.

Ghirahim should get a cooking spin-off. :troll:

:phone:
He should go to Ana Maria Braga's TV show in Brazil: Mais Você (More You), the most known cocking TV show in my country

What recipe they will do?

D

Deleted member

I laughed a little more than I should have at that typo.

I mean Ghirahim....at a cocking show. Think about it for a minute.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
Ghirahim could still be
Ganon's sword reincarnated since Ganon is Demise's reincarnation

Don't know where he gets his swords but i'm pretty sure there must be something when he chooses his sword.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Where's Waldo in that one?

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
Ghirahim could still be
Ganon's sword reincarnated since Ganon is Demise's reincarnation

Don't know where he gets his swords but i'm pretty sure there must be something when he chooses his sword.
Well in Twilight Princess Ganondorf caught the Sages's sword after them tried to execute him, so it's not Ghirahim.
Also in Wind Waked he uses two swords, althought I don't known from where he got them.

Maybe the only probability of Ghirahim coming back is if there was a directly sequel from Skyward Sword, revealing that (Ghira)him survived the final battle, but.... well.... I duno here...

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
I mean it doesn't matter if Ganondorf has had the whole sword the whole time, they could just put in the storyline that he decided to search for a rumored ancient powerful sword. Question though,
was Ghirahim sealed away in the Master Sword along with Demise after he was defeated?
That would make it somewhat difficult for him to come back, unless they made a game all about Ganondorf using his power to change that.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
No he was not sealed away. Also, although I've said this a lot and put it in the original post, Ghirahim can appear, and will likely appear, in a prequel to Skyward Sword. Yeah, he could maybe appear in a game afterwards, but the chances are a lot more slim.

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
No he was not sealed away. Also, although I've said this a lot and put it in the original post, Ghirahim can appear, and will likely appear, in a prequel to Skyward Sword. Yeah, he could maybe appear in a game afterwards, but the chances are a lot more slim.
A prequel... But a prequel will not feature a Zelda, so it will be called The Legend Of Hylia? Link will be played or even the Hylia goddess herself?

Still it's a better alternative than a sequel

Also, another fun image:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Well, to be fair, Zelda was also absent in Majora's Mask, so it wouldn't make too much of a difference.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Ghirahim actually plays a much larger part in the Zelda games than most think. I just realized this myself. Without his actions, none of the other Zelda games would have taken place. If he was stopped before summoning Demise, then Ganondorf technically wouldn't exist.

Maybe im stretching it, but i think that adds more to him being a valuable character. We already have the pieces of the Triforce, which is basically the main part/ theme of the series. (another reason why Ganondorf shouldn't ever be cut, regardless of relevance to the latest games) But Ganondorf wouldnt exist without Ghirahim, which is much more important to the series than Zant or Midna, or Masked Link for that matter.

This is why i wish there could be DLC characters, so that the great ideas (like Masked Link) could be included but not take away from the roster total. It would be so...fabulous

D

Deleted member

I have considered this too, Scoliosis.
It does not matter if Ghirahim ever appears again, without him, the chronology of the series would not exist. He essentially set the chains in motion.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I have considered this too, Scoliosis.
It does not matter if Ghirahim ever appears again, without him, the chronology of the series would not exist. He essentially set the chains in motion.
Indeed. While i agree that Ghirahim is as of right now a one shot villain along with Zant and Vaati, Ghirahim is different in that he is a big part of the series, even if he did appear in one game. Zant was basically a puppet, and to be honest i'm not entirely familiar with Vaati.

D

Deleted member

Vaati is a 3-shot actually.
The only villain other than Ganon/Ganondorf to have more than one game under his belt.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
ah i didnt know that. maybe put Vaati in the 3ds version and Ghirahim in the Wii U version? i'd still like to see characters get unlocked through a cross play feature or something.

if vaati appears in another game close to Sm4sh's launch, then i could see that. i'm still hoping for Ghirahim though

pokémoneinstein

Smash Cadet
ah i didnt know that. maybe put Vaati in the 3ds version and Ghirahim in the Wii U version? i'd still like to see characters get unlocked through a cross play feature or something.

if vaati appears in another game close to Sm4sh's launch, then i could see that. i'm still hoping for Ghirahim though
Actually, the roster is made long in advance. It could be close to final even now. If there's any secondary villain in it from Zelda, I have no doubt it will be Ghirahim. The question to me is if we'll get a second Zelda villain at all.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
good point, i always forget that. either way, i'm rooting for Ghirahim, regardless if he replaces Toon Link or joins him =D

D

Deleted member

Actually, the roster is made long in advance. It could be close to final even now. If there's any secondary villain in it from Zelda, I have no doubt it will be Ghirahim. The question to me is if we'll get a second Zelda villain at all.
I think the roster is mostly finished. The only possible additions that can be made now are the following:

1. Characters with Sonic-like popularity (Mewtwo comes closest to Sonic in popularity)
2. Characters who are made into last-minute clones (Bowser Jr. is one potential example)
3. Third-Parties (Mega Man if he isn't in yet)

Since Ghirahim doesn't fit into #1 or #3 and probably not #2, his chances is dependent on if Sakurai picked him early on along with other newcomers.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
i sure hope he's in there already. if they are adding a new zelda character, whether they replace Toon Link or not, im sure it will be him

D

Deleted member

i sure hope he's in there already. if they are adding a new zelda character, whether they replace Toon Link or not, im sure it will be him
I honestly don't think a Child Link is going to get cut, especially after Sakurai stating that two Links were important to him. And out of the two Child Link he has, Toon Link is the most likely to return.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I agree. I would hope that Zelda would get 6 reps this time instead of having 5 for the 3rd game in a row. If it came down to it though, i would trade Toon Link for Ghirahim, and i enjoy playing as him too...T-T

EDIT: Fixed. I consider reps as a slot on the roster. Sorry for the confusion!

EDIT 2: wait...trollface...

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
I agree. I would hope that Zelda would get 5 reps this time instead of having 4 for the 3rd game in a row. If it came down to it though, i would trade Toon Link for Ghirahim, and i enjoy playing as him too...T-T
But there's already 5! You forget Sheik! :troll:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
But there's already 5! You forget Sheik! :troll:
Thing is, people SHOULD forget about Sheik. :smirk:

I'm actually more open for Ghirahim now, but I don't really expect him. But if he makes it in, I'm sure they'll add Impa as well, and inspire Link and Zelda on their Skyward Sword incaration.

I mean, Zelda got FOUR newcomers when Melee got released, and in Brawl it only got Young Link swapped for Toon Link. So I think the Zelda roster is pretty much in need of a refreshment. And yes, Ghirahim would fit in nice. But clearing space by cutting Sheik for Impa also does it for me. As long as they revamp the main 3, Link, Zelda and Ganon it should be all good actually...

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
I'm putting this here,Diddy,even if Sheik gets cut,no one is replacing her,one of Sakurai's criteria is to had something to the roster,and cutting a two times veterans for a newcomer so he can steal the veteran's moveset is not gonna happen.

On the topic of Ghirahim,will he uses more magic or sword attacks?

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
i'd like to see more than one of his moves be some sort of counter, as that is what i remember most of him from the boss fights (or at least him catching the sword). his projectiles could be the red diamonds he shoots at you as far as magic goes. I could see him being a fast but weak character with his sword, but his counters could be stronger

And totally off topic, but Ballad of the Goddess better be in the game as far as music. It's the theme to the freaking game! It's my favorite song from it too.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Personally I see Sheik as one of the most likely characters to get cut. I just don't think it's likely that Zelda will transform into Sheik again in this next game, and I also just don't see Sheik getting her own spot. Especially if they'd cut Toon Link. Why would they have 2 Zelda's yet one Link? Doesn't make sence, and Zelda is long overdue of some true newcomers.

Impa would basically be a revamped, separate Sheik with a playstyle similar to Sheik, borrowing a few moves even. While Ghirahim would be the true new character, and Ganondorf will be a very secret unlockable character with a (mostly) new moveset : keeping the Brawl Side B, an upgraded Brawl Up B, a strong B attack with similar frames to the Warlock Punch and a Down B preformed as a sword (or even trident?) rushing attack with a dark purple cload following still, and also keep the F Air, D Air, Jab and Brawl-F Tilt while giving him new moves involving magic and his sword for the new moves. Oh and buf him up in all regards. Of coarse Link and Zelda need tweaks to. I'd personally 'mix' them with characteristics Toon Link had, making them a little stronger in the air, and a little more floaty so Link can recovery better.

That way we would have a quite satisfying Zelda roster, with 2 actual new characters that offer more diversity than Toon Link did in comparison to what Young Link had to offer. Yet everything that seems gone is still there, Sheik's playstyle gets a spiritual successor in Impa and she might even be a costume (or in a different version, say 3DS exclusive), and Toon Link and Link are merged in one character basically.

Besides, I now figure Ghirahim could make an excelent mix between Sheik and Toon Link's playstyle basically. Except more focussed on defensive zoning, but with quick tilts and aerials still. I could see his projectile energy blasts working very similar to how Sheik's Needle Storm works for example. And his Side B could be the sword blocking thing he does with his hands, and could control similary to how the Chain does now, except you have to mimic your opponents movement for it to work. Sweet spot that would lead into a grab at the end of the hitbox as well, which could be a reminder to Sheik's sparky electric sweetspot on the move. His sword moves would be around Toon Link's speed, making him just still a tad faster than Link (who is also faster now). His punches and kicks have a little Sheik-esque effect, but are still a tad slower and don't combo as well as Impa's attacks, but better than Link's, for the most part and are heavier / stronger.

So yeah I kinda changed my mind about Ghirahim, cause I see his potential now, but he isn't my first choice. Would've rather picked Impa and Skull Kid, but Impa and Ghirahim will also do I guess. So my Zelda roster would be:

Starters:
Link
Zelda
Impa

Unlockable:
Ghirahim

Unlockable++:
Ganondorf

Will still miss the actual Toon Link though, but this roster offers the most change in a realistic way so this is what I'm rooting for.

Keep in mind, Zelda / Sheik and a Young or Toon Link can all be version exclusives to one game to me, as long as Impa is somewhere in there, I don't really care. :reverse:

pokémoneinstein

Smash Cadet
Wanting Sheik to get cut for Impa is one thing, but having faith that it will happen just seems completely illogical to me. Sheik's position in the roster has been solidified in two games by now. A cut is incredibly unlikely at this point.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Based on the fact that it was considered that Sheik wouldnt be in Brawl because of the Twilight Princess art, this is basically the same thing. i wouldn't be surprised if Sheik just gets an Impa like makeover

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
@Diddy: You are forgetting Sakurai's four criteria

1)Character should be likable
2)Character must be unique
3)Character must fit into Smash
4)Character should contribute to balance

The responses in this thread and others show that Impa doesn't excite anyone. Impa also isn;t unique as what you are suggesting is make her like Sheik. The other characters have something to draw off of, buy your Impa suggestion tries to piggy back off another characters.

This is why Impa wont be in the game.

D

Deleted member

As much as I like seeing people nark on Diddy's logic for Impa, I need to remind you all that this is a Ghirahim thread.

Please continue in either the Zelda Character thread or make an Impa thread and talk about her twigginess there.

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
[COLLAPSE="Ghirahim Fabulous!"]
[/COLLAPSE]

Fabulous!
Also I want to know: who is more feminine? Marth or (Ghira)him?

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Speaking of femininity and Ghirahim...

[COLLAPSE="NNNGHH"]
[/COLLAPSE]

Ahem.. excuse me.

Good to see Diddy coming around, finally understanding how fabulous our Demon Lord is. But you're right, do not expect him. I only ask you let him into your heart so he can fill it with rainbows
and supreme darkness

D

Deleted member

Speaking of rainbows, tomorrow, Ghirahim gets his shot at Rate Their Chances.

Show the world how fabulous Ghirahim is. I await to see supporters.

D

Deleted member

Ghirahim is up in Rate Their Chances. I'll be voting there soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom