• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Novabound

Smash Apprentice
I'm not sure about this, because I was doing it against a computer on SSE, but it seems like Squirtle can release grab Wario. But again, it was against a comp on normal.

Ulevo

Smash Master
I've updated Peaches Chain Grabs for the character the Down Throw works on. I'm thinking I'll get Olimar out of the way later. * Nod *

Ulevo

Smash Master
Sorry for the triple post, but all characters have been added to each characters Chain Grab, except for Ice Climbers. I am thinking of leaving those guys alone, since they come have a new one every week, and would be too long/complex to organize.

ShengNu

Smash Apprentice
uhm the falco grab and the DDD grab dont chain marth im sure for the falco but not 100% on the DDD normally when a falco attempts this if you fair it will hit him causing him to miss his grab o_o the DDD i believe i do the same thing and it works but im not sure if the DDD's ive played just have slow reaction time which is why it work.. can you try this out and correct me if i am wrong?

Ulevo

Smash Master
uhm the falco grab and the DDD grab dont chain marth im sure for the falco but not 100% on the DDD normally when a falco attempts this if you fair it will hit him causing him to miss his grab o_o the DDD i believe i do the same thing and it works but im not sure if the DDD's ive played just have slow reaction time which is why it work.. can you try this out and correct me if i am wrong?
Falco can grab Marth again if his timing is perfect. I'm not entirely sure about Dedede, since I posted the information I found in the thread in the Dedede sub forum. I'll retest it and see if it works.

ShengNu

Smash Apprentice
ok i do admit i get caught twice if the % is low but at mid %'s it seems to work just fine a fair will space him away, the only time it worked on me was the first time i ever saw it done i didnt bother pressing anything cause i was in awe rofl i had no idea he had the chain grab way back then xD

Dexter Morgan

Smash Apprentice
Wario's chain grab is pretty good to. The timing is immediately grab right they hit the ground. I did it few times, and end with a powerful tilt or down smash.

Kenrawr

Smash Master
A marth can be infinited if the D3 shield grabs.

Ulevo

Smash Master
Wario's chain grab is pretty good to. The timing is immediately grab right they hit the ground. I did it few times, and end with a powerful tilt or down smash.
Unfortunately, Wario doesn't have one. I've tried his Down Throw on everyone I could think of, and they call can get out in some fashion or another.

matthewmilad

Smash Journeyman
Unfortunately, Wario doesn't have one. I've tried his Down Throw on everyone I could think of, and they call can get out in some fashion or another.
Fortunately, he DOES have one. It gets DK to 70%, Bowser to 180%, and if I remember correctly, Ganondorf gets to 30 or 40%.

I'm not sure however if any of them can up B out of it though. Bowser would be the most likely to do that I would think. But assuming that they can't, that's what Wario's chain grab does.

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
Ness can only be release grabbed by Marth, Charizard, and Squirtle now? o_O;

For the people who say Snake's chain grab doesn't work...

It might seem that you can get out of the chain grab by just doing up+b but some factors could help this not happen.

Every character needs to be at a certain distance from the edge. In my video, I was just doing the chain grab off the edge to make it a little easier to do. I was nervous during the recording... it messed me up a lot.

Sometimes, you don't even need to be directly over the edge. For example, If you down grab Olimar near an edge, you can still chain grab him even though he isn't falling off. His feet just need to be a little over the edge.

Another factor that helps the chain grab is the timing. The slower you do the grab, the more easily the opponent can use an attack. If you can get the grabs off as quickly as possible, the opponent will have a significantly harder time using an attack.
Eh, after each downthrow with Snake the opponent can easily slip further down from yr grasp by simply holding down.

Also, if yr opponent has an UpB that is an attack I think the priority of the grab, if both the grab and UpB are performed at the same time, depends on controller port priority (P1 > P2 > P3 > P4).

The most I've gotten against good players is about 2 into Utilt. I can't imagine getting anymore than that against someone who knows yr going for it, and can do basically ANYTHING out of his downthrow to avoid being grabbed again... not just UpB.

BrawlBro

Smash Ace
This has been debunked. I've tried it, as well as the Back Throw. Neither work regardless of how large they are or how fast they fall.

im 99% sure on bowser when he has no damage.

Maybe by some crazy unorthodox DI or something they can get out but I can always pull it off.

Ulevo

Smash Master
Awesome news everyone. Zero Suit Samus jumped aboard the CG ship. And Pit's Throw won't work, but I will check again for good measure.

Ulevo

Smash Master
I am not counting walls in my Chain Grabs, as stages with walls are likely to be banned anyway. It's also common sense that many characters would have certain infinites on walls with throws.

And no, Marth does not have an infinite on Sheik and Peach.

iamthelifeonmars

Smash Cadet
can't mk chainthrow a few characters? with dthrow? im pretty sure i've done it against decent human opponents before

-never mind, didn't realize this had already been addressed

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Peach CANNOT chain throw most of these characters!!!! They can DI out of it pretty easily unless they are below 15%, And those hardly count. With the exception of Wolf and maybe Fox/Falco., so she can get to about 30%.

Ulevo

Smash Master
Peach CANNOT chain throw most of these characters!!!! They can DI out of it pretty easily unless they are below 15%, And those hardly count. With the exception of Wolf and maybe Fox/Falco., so she can get to about 30%.
The term DI is often misused in cases like these, and I do apologize for being a hypocrite myself for using the term "DI" as a means to break a CG sooner, but you're wrong in this case.

A character cannot DI throws in Brawl like you could in Melee. You can alter the direction you go after your stun has worn off from the throw, but that isn't DI, merely aerial influence. During the time you are in your stun animation, you are helpless. If Peach turns around and grabs you in that time, you are screwed.

If you feel like pointing out individual reasons or ways for single characters to get out of this grab, by all means. I'm not perfect, and might have missed one or two things. I do appreciate the corrections. But don't accuse the majority of the list being wrong because it's most likely not and you are either assuming things and haven't tested this, or you are doing it incorrectly. Oh, and she can get past the 40% mark for some of her throws mind you, which is still very useful.

Novabound

Smash Apprentice
I've been playing with pokemon trainer a lot recently, and playing around with my noob friends. So obviously I'm not going to ask them to sit down and try and test things with me, so these have potential to make the list.

All three pokemon seem to have really easy release grabs against most characters, but it does seem to get harder after a certain percentage. The one I noted to be most signifigant was Charizard vs Peach. With each release grab, we started scooting a little to the direction I was facing while grabbing. I can't tell if I'm getting closer or if it's just the game's way of equaling out the contact point between Charizard's long anus grab, and the two chars.

And against a computer (highly likely to be debunked) Squirtle seemed to have an infinite release grab against Wario.

Again, I'm not 100% positive on any of those, but if someone with a friend and more time than me (no offense :D) try testing these out. A lot seem to have potential.

Ulevo

Smash Master
I've been playing with pokemon trainer a lot recently, and playing around with my noob friends. So obviously I'm not going to ask them to sit down and try and test things with me, so these have potential to make the list.

All three pokemon seem to have really easy release grabs against most characters, but it does seem to get harder after a certain percentage. The one I noted to be most signifigant was Charizard vs Peach. With each release grab, we started scooting a little to the direction I was facing while grabbing. I can't tell if I'm getting closer or if it's just the game's way of equaling out the contact point between Charizard's long anus grab, and the two chars.

And against a computer (highly likely to be debunked) Squirtle seemed to have an infinite release grab against Wario.

Again, I'm not 100% positive on any of those, but if someone with a friend and more time than me (no offense :D) try testing these out. A lot seem to have potential.
I just tried these, and they don't work. They're able to roll/spot dodge each time.

Smashbros_7

Smash Ace
Explanation on Wario Infinite.
I've tried it, and if the opponent double jumps fast enough, Yoshi cannot regrab him...

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Are you absolutely positive that the Yoshi Release Grab is an infinite on Wario? Cause on the Yoshi Boards they crossed it out and said it only works on computer players.

9. Chainthrowing: About time I added a category on this. A chaingrab involves grabbing an opponent repeatedly without him being able to escape. Dedede is already well known for his, as was sheik in melee. Yoshi has one as well, though it works different from most chaingrabs in the way that he doesn't actually throw the opponent, he just chews them up until they escape, then runs and grabs them again. The tricky part is every character escapes differently. Some go almost straight up, and others go flying forward into the air. Some characters regain control over their movesments before yoshi can grab them again, meaning they can't be chaingrabbed unless they aren't expecting it. Wario, Metaknight, Falco, Ganondorf, Squirtle, Lucas, and Sonic can be chaingrabbed (each with varying degrees of difficulty). Enjoy! =) Thanks goes to Mmac for the list! :yoshi:
NOTE: With Wario, you can actually pull off an infinite, though the timing is very precise. Basically, you grab, munch, and as soon as you can move again, dash forward and pivot grab once you've gotten to the other side of Wario. Damage is not an issue for trajectory, so as long as you get the timing right, you're golden! =D Struck out, turns out it just worked on computers. =(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom