• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ulevo

Smash Master
Kirby

Down Throw:
-
Marth

Release Grab:
-
Olimar

Up Throw:

Down Throw:
-
Peach

Down Throw:

I would like to see these justified then.
Kirbys Down Throw works on Fox for certain. Not to a high percent, but it definitely does. Marth is able to Grab Ness and Lucas (I'm not sure who else yet), hit them with a Grab attack repeatedly until they're released without throwing them, and re-grab them again. Olimar and Peach are in the same boat as Kirby, and once again, I am not sure who they work on yet, but they definitely do with Fox.

As for the Pikachu Forward Throw, I was skeptical at first, but it actually appears you can (at least on Bowser). My room mate is back, so I will test this out to confirm it.

Ulevo

Smash Master
Pikachu's Forward Throw is confirmed and added. It works on at least Bowser, and he was helpless. No Fortress, Sidestep, DI, Air Dodge, nothing.

storm92

Smash Ace
Kirby's Dthrow doesn't chain grab (none of his can).
It just sets up for Utilt comboes.
Theres much too long of a time in the air, even at low percentages, and a player can easily DI/Tech out of it.

Ulevo

Smash Master
Theres much too long of a time in the air, even at low percentages, and a player can easily DI/Tech out of it.
Actually, that is incorrect. Kirby can Down Throw characters like Fox and Falco at low percent. There is also a Pseudo Chain Grab that I need to test that involves Forward Throw > Uair > Repeat that does decent damage to the Spacies and a few others.

Ulevo

Smash Master
I've confirmed that Ness and Lucas are the only characters that Marth can Release Grab, and have added the ones that Yoshi can Release Grab.

XalchemistX

Smash Ace
NNID
Alchemistx
wow... i didnt know there was so much characters that can chain grab. Thanks for the info, ill have to try the out.

Ulevo

Smash Master
Updated Snakes ledge grab... It seems to work on everyone except Marth, his Up B escapes it every time. I plan to work on Peach and Olimar next, most likely.

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
Snake does NOT have an infinite CG on ANYONE.

You can air or air dodge or FF right out of the first down throw.

It's more of a pseudoCG... What's more likely to happen is down throw over the edge and Utilt.

Anyone who falls for Snake's "Infinite Chain Grab" isn't holding the controller, heh.

Ulevo

Smash Master
Please show me a video demonstration of Yoshi' s chaingrab
I haven't posted one yet because the videos I've found haven't been demonstrations, but merely used in battles. But here's the video that was posted here. http://youtube.com/watch?v=5d9uw30AEl8

Yoshi does it multiple times to Meta Knight in that battle.

Snake does NOT have an infinite CG on ANYONE.

You can air or air dodge or FF right out of the first down throw.

It's more of a pseudoCG... What's more likely to happen is down throw over the edge and Utilt.

Anyone who falls for Snake's "Infinite Chain Grab" isn't holding the controller, heh.
If you're saying that you can Fast Fall or Air Dodge his ledge grab, then I will double check to make sure, but I'm pretty sure it works. But you contradicted yourself, as a grab is faster than a Utilt, so if a grab can be avoided, I'm pretty sure a Utilt is useless too.

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
If you're saying that you can Fast Fall or Air Dodge his ledge grab, then I will double check to make sure, but I'm pretty sure it works. But you contradicted yourself, as a grab is faster than a Utilt, so if a grab can be avoided, I'm pretty sure a Utilt is useless too.

Snake's Utilt hits below him. :}

Chrono Centaur

Smash Apprentice
Umm the Snake thing is wrong, on the edge all you have to do is air dodge correctly and you're out of it

It's not even a chain grab.

Edit: never mind, seems someone mentioned it before me :<

Kenrawr

Smash Master
His forward throw chains the hell outta my wolf :x
Or does that only work with the up air -_-

Megavitamins

Smash Champion
Kirby can kind of chain grab at below thirty percents. Forward throw -> U-air before you hit the ground, then when you land grab again.

hizzlum

Smash Journeyman
can someone post video footage of marth's grab infinite on the earthbounders? I have heard mixed opinions on this being escapable if the marth doesent button mash or if the earthbounder DI's well, so someone just get a video on smashboards to end the debating

Browny

Smash Hater
do it yourself its very easy... play as marth, set the CPU as level 9 and to run, shield grab him and just mash A while holding shield.

Its odd, because it is escapable but i havent seen any way in which to do it consistently. if they break out of the grab with a jump, its avoidable, but even if you mash jump while being grabbed you rarely break out with a jump. Trying my absolute best to DI out of it i can get out on the first grab, or get stuck there well past 80%. someone needs to find a way to guarantee a jump when you break out of grabs, that would end this debate quicker

Sundown

Smash Journeyman
Maybe you should include Zamus Chain downsmash? I know it is not a chain grab, but it works like one (you keep adding damage to your opponent while he cant do **** about it until he is at a certain percent), in the Zamus forums there is a very good thread that explains the percentages it works with, taking into account DI and no DI. And it also gives the percentages it works with when the DSmash is decayed.

You might want to consider it.

Ulevo

Smash Master
can someone post video footage of marth's grab infinite on the earthbounders? I have heard mixed opinions on this being escapable if the marth doesent button mash or if the earthbounder DI's well, so someone just get a video on smashboards to end the debating
I have tested this personally, and I can assure you that this actually works for certain.

Ness is totally screwed with this. Lucas, after 20% or so, moves farther away from Marth if Lucas DIs away from him, and would normally be just out of grabbing range. However, if the Marth player grabs him fast enough, via timing it properly or mashing grab, Lucas will be caught before his sliding animation ends while he's breaking free. So to put it simply, unless the Marth screws up, both are pretty much screwed.

I'm trying to get a video from the Marth Forum right now, actually. If anyone could help me out, that'd be great.

Blad01

Smash Lord
Have you read my thread in Falco's Forum ?

>> The Chaingrab Project

Peach, Samus, Kirby, Lucario, Jigglypuff are too floatty to be chaingrabed.

And please put a link to the Chaingrab Project instead of doing a second list here ;) And if you want to contribute, you will be welcome !!

Ulevo

Smash Master
Have you read my thread in Falco's Forum ?

>> The Chaingrab Project

Peach, Samus, Kirby, Lucario, Jigglypuff are too floatty to be chaingrabed.

And please put a link to the Chaingrab Project instead of doing a second list here ;) And if you want to contribute, you will be welcome !!
I checked all of those characters, and they can definitely be chained grab if you walk and grab, and time it properly, except for Jigglypuff if she uses Rest. This I know for certain, unless you can to specify how they can escape.

And I'll make sure to check it out and contribute. * Nod *

Blad01

Smash Lord
How did you check it out ? Jigglypuff is not the only one who can counters this CG... :/

By example, Samus is very floatty, so she can just DI Up and Jump out of it very easily. I should verify this again though. Same for Lucario, he's very floatty and can escape easily...

And Marth can Up B, Luigi can ANA... You should trust our thread ;) [EDIT : Yeah actually this sentence dosen't make sense, we were not talking about them).

* Goes verify for Samus, Peach, and Kirby*

And yeah, thanks if you can contribute ;)

hizzlum

Smash Journeyman
I have tested this personally, and I can assure you that this actually works for certain.

Ness is totally screwed with this. Lucas, after 20% or so, moves farther away from Marth if Lucas DIs away from him, and would normally be just out of grabbing range. However, if the Marth player grabs him fast enough, via timing it properly or mashing grab, Lucas will be caught before his sliding animation ends while he's breaking free. So to put it simply, unless the Marth screws up, both are pretty much screwed.

I'm trying to get a video from the Marth Forum right now, actually. If anyone could help me out, that'd be great.
That's good to know that ness has more problems with it than lucas, proabably beacuse of floatiness, now i use this on friends to rack up easy damage, and sometimes leads to a free hit

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
This is ridiculous. These release grabs are ruining characters and making them useless.

Ulevo

Smash Master
How did you check it out ? Jigglypuff is not the only one who can counters this CG... :/

By example, Samus is very floatty, so she can just DI Up and Jump out of it very easily. I should verify this again though. Same for Lucario, he's very floatty and can escape easily...

And Marth can Up B, Luigi can ANA... You should trust our thread ;) [EDIT : Yeah actually this sentence dosen't make sense, we were not talking about them).

* Goes verify for Samus, Peach, and Kirby*

And yeah, thanks if you can contribute ;)
I'm pretty sure Sethlon confirmed what I have said to be true, non?

This is ridiculous. These release grabs are ruining characters and making them useless.
Not necessarily. All the Release Grabs mean is that A) Yoshi got better, which honestly, Yoshi needs all the help he can get (besides, Yoshis isn't infinite anyway, except for possibly Wario, as it's limited to the stage size). B) Ness and Lucas will have a hard time fighting Marth.

It's not that big of a deal. If you look at Ice Climbers, they can 0% to Death any character under a skilled user, and I don't see anyone voting for them being Top Tier, do you?

Just don't get grabbed.

Chain grabs don't work, unless there is a special condition. Sakurai banned them.
Don't be ignorant, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom