• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Delawares Finest

D

Deleted member

so after playing over almost 40 kens in a seemingly endless row i have realized this: they are ALL sore losers.

one ken that only shoryukend' that i tore up said my fighting was weak so i responded "shoryuken" lololololol

EDIT: also, do you guys have a shoryuken account?

D

Deleted member

That Vega was pretty sick, But the way that sagat just manhandled the E.Honda(Mike Ross nonetheless) that was just nasty.
oh hello there i dont think ive seen you b4 nice to meet you dotcom

epic of DE

Smash Journeyman
Newark, DE (only a mile from University of Delawar
I dunno maybe its just me but I can't really judge "good" sagat players since they all focus on proper spacing and zoning.

And E. Honda does get screwed by most things sagat has since he can stuff most of hsi moves and his attempts to approach.

But C'mon! the Vega landed his Ultra and Super in the matches, that takes good reading of your opponent to pull it off.

Nick Nasty

Smash Journeyman
It was very precise and technical on the Vega player's part. I was impressed. Not to mention, Gootecks was told that was the first tournament that the Vega player's been to in SoCal so props to him.

epic of DE

Smash Journeyman
Yeah its just a shame that Vega's attack power is just too low for what he needs.

I'd be willing to work with Vega more if his offensive abilities were closer to akuma's offense to defense scale but as he is now he's equivalent to Guile's damage output more often than not...

UltimaScout

Smash Lord
So everybody from this thread better be going to the Hugestest tournament ever for melee since brawl release. Everyone from everywhere will be there.

D

Deleted member

So everybody from this thread better be going to the Hugestest tournament ever for melee since brawl release. Everyone from everywhere will be there.
wen is it fri or sat? also i had a surgery on my leg theres a hole in it now so ill need a ride to this.

epic of DE

Smash Journeyman
*yawn* you dudes are either mad quiet or dead as of late.

Anyway, I've been chatting with Gheto as of late and I guess he wants to do some **** in SF4. Be it X-box or PS3 no mercy shall be given.

and I thought I heard that shay was back so I'm planning during my spring break to meet at Mike's to do some SF4 and whatever else will result in awesome as I will be bringing Byah, my longtime training partner to do some ****** in smash as well...

*discuss*

SlapY0Self

Smash Rookie
Did you go/miss HOBO 15? Will you be at the next Houston Major/Epic Brawl/SF4 Tournament (HOBO 16/TYS 1) on May 2, 2009?

Reasons why to Come:

Its at Funplex. Venue can hold 400+ People + Arcade + Projectors
All of the best SF4/Brawl players will be here! SF4/Brawl till 2am
HOBO 15 had 85+ players in attendence
Casuals being played (MVC2/SC4/SFHDREMIX/TVC/MELEE/3RDSTRIKE)
Out of towners. 1 month+ in advance. Book your tickets NOW!!!

Excuses that are Banned:

I have job/work. SO TAKE OFF!
I have something important to do. Stop being scaredd and COME!
I have school work to do! Tell your teacher I said It was OK TO HOBO/TYS!

For more information about HOBO 16/TYS 1, Go to--> http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=142123 Or Go to--> www.smashbrostournaments.com/event/main/ See you there... NO EXCUSES!!!

NoVaLombardia

Smash Journeyman
Short notice, but smashfest or smashhangout or w/e you wanna call it at my place tomorrow at around 6

Sounds like Darren and Tim are coming.

So heard that dude with the top hat that flips alot is broken in SF4 (i don't know names and i haven't played it).

Fill me in on whats been going on lately.

Nick Nasty

Smash Journeyman
Wow, it is dead in here. Sorry for not posting; been dealing with school and work as of late. I'll see if I can head up to Wilmington one of these days okay guys?

epic of DE

Smash Journeyman
Yeah...I'd say it is a tad bit dead but I'm also been focusing on school so I suppose that everybody has been busy as of late.

So...just to maybe get it started up again...

Have you all gotten a chance to play SF4? what are your impressions and who is your favorite/main?

Cronux

Smash Cadet
NNID
Cronux
I vote you rename the thread, "Dr. Wily's Finest"

And we all be renamed to Robot Masters.

Dibs on Air Man!

Nick Nasty

Smash Journeyman
SFIV's a pretty solid game although I like 3rd Strike much more ^_^ Chun's my main and it's the first time I'm actually playing a charge character seriously lol.

epic of DE

Smash Journeyman
You liked 3rd strike more? I find myself enjoying SF4 more overall since charge characters are more viable and pretty much almost every character has a decent enough match-up against most characters so the tier gap isn't as large as it was with some characters in 3rd strike...and I actually like the SA focus more than parrying since 3rd strike was all about pokes...and chun-li's buttons beat everyone else's buttons.

I might try to get to mike's if something is happening this sunday but I'll probably get there earlier and leave earlier since 8:30 classes suck.

robot masters?...I call metal man 8-directional throw is awesome.

D

Deleted member

You liked 3rd strike more? I find myself enjoying SF4 more overall since charge characters are more viable and pretty much almost every character has a decent enough match-up against most characters so the tier gap isn't as large as it was with some characters in 3rd strike...and I actually like the SA focus more than parrying since 3rd strike was all about pokes...and chun-li's buttons beat everyone else's buttons.

I might try to get to mike's if something is happening this sunday but I'll probably get there earlier and leave earlier since 8:30 classes suck.

robot masters?...I call metal man 8-directional throw is awesome.
i might go w/quickman idk though what am feelin' need to go play some megaman again...

Nick Nasty

Smash Journeyman
I understand where you're coming from Epic. It's just that I was literally raised on 3rd competitively back in the old days so it'll always be my favorite. The games have two different styles and I just prefer SF3 better.

Super Touhey

Smash Cadet
Yeah im a senior. The club is still really disorganized, and we rarely play anything but brawl. I like brawl, but I wish I could play melee every now and then. The look of the school has changed, since they completely redid the cafeteria and bathrooms, but otherwise its pretty much the same school with the same teachers. By the way, I have gotten way better at melee. I actually have tech skill and combos now, so I'd like to play you some time over the summer.

epic of DE

Smash Journeyman
you best be inviting me too :laugh:
NOVA!!!

Of course you'll be invited! I haven't really gotten any serious love to play melee for a few months and you were always good to practice against.

So...the club pretty much has fallen apart since we left...I'm not suprised since Roger pretty much organized everything and alot of people stayed to play against myself and Schiavi...but Brawl...how low it has fallen...

but anyway *if* I really get serious about smash like I used to you should watch some scattered stuff that was recorded.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqdDU-b5Gjg&feature=channel_page

This was close to a year ago so...its a little old to say the least.

Nick Nasty

Smash Journeyman
Nova, the next time I play you I demand 1MILLION Marth ditto's lolz. Haven't played Melee with you guys in forever =)

Super Touhey

Smash Cadet
Awesome, you guys beat New York and Epic took like 7 stocks! GO DELAWARE! I saw some of your matches against nova too. Although I have yet to see anything online with you using falcon. You owning people with the knee was the reason i wanted to get good at the game in the first place. You still use him right?

D

Deleted member

man that vids old but good stuuf vip =)

ne ways like i said before practice up guys well all be playing again soon and i want to play with you as well st!

we need to do crew practice so we all get used to not flubbing techs and freezing up hahaha

NoVaLombardia

Smash Journeyman
you guys missed the night that tim and darren came over here and played smash, it was pretty short notice and didn't expect that many to show up.

Sounds good Nick, ill look into getting some recording done too to put some new vids on youtube. Speaking of vids, ya'll should check out my youtube channel if you haven't recently. Tru, i know you have with your comment on my interview assignment. I'm trying to get that vid alot of hits, so if you enjoyed it, send it around to friends, etc.

I'm happy though, i just got accepted into RISD with a 10 grand merit scholarship. RISD is the top art school in the nation for undergrad studies ^^.

My only dilemma is now how to pay for it that quickly, because im required to take a summer session there if i want to enter as a junior, so i got plenty of calls to make.

EDIT::

TRY NOVA THIRST

FORUM POSTS... YOU'LL HAVE SO MANY POSTS!

400 POSTS

(done silliness)

Nick Nasty

Smash Journeyman
Congratulations man. It must be pretty satisfying getting into a school with that type of reputation. Hope it turns out well for you.

Super Touhey

Smash Cadet
Thanks, it'll be great to play melee against good players. I'm probably gonna do really bad against you guys cuz i haven't played human players since before i was any good. I didn't learn any tech skill till after brawl came out, so by the time i was ready to test out my skills, everyone else wanted to play brawl.

D

Deleted member

Thanks, it'll be great to play melee against good players. I'm probably gonna do really bad against you guys cuz i haven't played human players since before i was any good. I didn't learn any tech skill till after brawl came out, so by the time i was ready to test out my skills, everyone else wanted to play brawl.
if youve played with epic then youll be more than fine trust me =)

PS: dont think i didnt forget about you beating velocity epic!

Super Touhey

Smash Cadet
Yeah, but the last time I played epic, i was a scrub who didn't even know what l cancel was. Oh well, maybe some of his skills rubbed off on me anyway.

So I've gone through two controllers in less than a month, and there doesn't seem to be any chance of fixing them. Where can I buy standard gamecube controllers cheap, and how can I learn to not destroy them? It's never the same problem either. Today, the z-button just died. Sometimes the control stick gets screwed up, and sometimes the shoulder buttons don't work properly. Am i doing something wrong?

Top Bottom