• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Delawares Finest

UltimaScout

Smash Lord
God **** I forgot how amazing it is to watch Marth in melee... btw Brett, did you want me to post any of the other videos from the tapes? There were a few that were Me & You vs Mike (Gheto) & Nick in melee.

What?

Smash Apprentice
So, Valor...

You know we gotta play again right?

I can't let those few losses at the end of the KoF run go so easily. <3

echos

Smash Journeyman
hell yeah man kof rematches ftw, and you left before you could watch me on the guilty gear there were some nasty matches next time though next time :)

Nick Nasty

Smash Journeyman
hell yeah man kof rematches ftw, and you left before you could watch me on the guilty gear there were some nasty matches next time though next time :)
I'm definitely going to step my game up in most, if not all, of my 2D fighters. Darren, teach me how to play CvSNK2 and MvC2. I need Gheto to teach me how to play 3rd Strike lol.

What?

Smash Apprentice
Street Fighter Alpha 2 Official Strategy Guide by Versus Books.

Taught me so ****ed much about fighting games.

It explains complex things like negative edges and it shows damage percentages for each character.

Yeah, it's from Alpha 2, but the stats still pretty much apply today.

Greatest book for hardcore fighting game players ever.

Nick Nasty

Smash Journeyman
Street Fighter Alpha 2 Official Strategy Guide by Versus Books.

Taught me so ****ed much about fighting games.

It explains complex things like negative edges and it shows damage percentages for each character.

Yeah, it's from Alpha 2, but the stats still pretty much apply today.

Greatest book for hardcore fighting game players ever.
Good thing I've got Alpha Anthology too lol. I will see if I can get that book from ebay or something. Thanks man.

BrimeZ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheBrimeZ
3DS FC
5284-1495-9667
250th POST! AskidamegidamejidamiWOAH!

It's summer, and some of you guys should come down to my crib on thursday
for a minifest( 4-5 people tops).

It's going to be in my basement where there will be plenty of space and two Tv's and one set up(For BRAWL!). So for those who want to play melee or have an extra set up for Brawl, bring an extra a VCR and some extra Wii cords because I have two Wii's actually. Or just bring a one yourself or a gamecube or whatnot.

And you guys can only stay for about 4-5 hours so get call me up and get there early

And I know some of you guys are wondering "Why can't we all show up"

The reasons are.....

1) You suck at life, kill yourself(joking)
2) I moved into my new house and and I didn't quite finish unpacking and whatnot
3) I'm not trying to host a party and get in trouble or something like that. They don't even know I'm actually hosting a fest and they won't be home, but if they say anything, I'll just say I had some friends over. Most of my friends outside of smash are 18+ anyways
4) Dat bout it

Precautions:

1) Call me we you arive, don't ring the door bell. My grandma will be home, not that it will be a problem, but I don't want her to know about it, and I don't fell like hearing anything from here about it. She's handicap and old and stuff, and my house is big enough that if someone leaves, no one would know. And she's on the top floor, we'll be in the basement and she' won't be able to hear a thing

2) Don't go up stairs with out telling me, and don't go up on the second floor

3)Don't trash my basement or we will have problems

4)Dat bout it

Adress: 101 Arial Drive, Newark DE, I don't know my new zipcode

Cell: 302-897-7597

AIM: SmashbroAce

If there are any question, hit me up or PM or post or whatever,

Once my fams settles in, my Dad will allow me to hold a big smashfest, like around 20 people possilby.

And since it's summer, so I'll be free, so if you want to get together and play one on one, just hit me up.

Untill then, keep it gangsta

i got worse at everything
Once you play me again, you will achieve like you usually did.

NoVaLombardia

Smash Journeyman
Stop being so negative. You did extremely well considering that you haven't played for 2 whole weeks. Your spacing is great and you have a solid playstlye. Just learn you weak matchups (Falcon/whatever) and try not to be so hesitant at times. Your spacing is good, but it won't do you any good if you can't even take advantage of the oppourtunities that you create from it.
How am i getting better if i don't know what im doing wrong?

Can't improve without learning from mistakes

echos

Smash Journeyman
shout outs

Kevin- hell yeah mang lets play

Brett- GG rematch's?

Darren- Rematches in everything? lol

Nick- show me some **** in third strike next time we hang

Ultima- i'll marth ditto you :)

Nova- lets ike ditto next time i never got a chance on sunday

JV- close matches in brawl (singles)

o and can someone thank mike for having all of us over for me im not sure if hes on boards or not

*pound*

echos

Smash Journeyman
I don't know what to improve on either I'm too busy screwing around with random.
hmm it dose always pay off to be skilled with everyone, but i think there is more potential in being GREAT with a select few JV. I use snake, fox, and gannon as mains and samus, ike, marth as seconds so maybe just pick two or three JV and stick with them until you feel comfortable. To be honest i don't use snake when I'm practicing i only use him for competitive play because i used him enough to where i feel like i know him 100% Instead of trying to learn every character at once try to master one at a time its less to take in and i think you can learn more like that. It's also important to have a good spectrum of characters at your disposal. It's a bad idea say if your two best characters were fox and meta knight because if someone mains snake they have a edge on you no matter which one you decide to use. Being versatile is very important make sure your prepared for any match up and any situation; master your stages to i think there more influential then they were in melee some peoples brains don't function on lylat cruise for some reason so i made it a point to make that one of my better stages. Well any way man you have MAD potential at brawl keep it up, I hope some of the advice helps, even if just a little.

and knowing is half the battle ~GI Joe~

D

Deleted member

hmm it dose always pay off to be skilled with everyone, but i think there is more potential in being GREAT with a select few JV. I use snake, fox, and gannon as mains and samus, ike, marth as seconds so maybe just pick two or three JV and stick with them until you feel comfortable. To be honest i don't use snake when I'm practicing i only use him for competitive play because i used him enough to where i feel like i know him 100% Instead of trying to learn every character at once try to master one at a time its less to take in and i think you can learn more like that. It's also important to have a good spectrum of characters at your disposal. It's a bad idea say if your two best characters were fox and meta knight because if someone mains snake they have a edge on you no matter which one you decide to use. Being versatile is very important make sure your prepared for any match up and any situation; master your stages to i think there more influential then they were in melee some peoples brains don't function on lylat cruise for some reason so i made it a point to make that one of my better stages. Well any way man you have MAD potential at brawl keep it up, I hope some of the advice helps, even if just a little.

and knowing is half the battle ~GI Joe~

fixd' lol

i couldnt have said this better myself

Nick Nasty

Smash Journeyman
How am i getting better if i don't know what im doing wrong?

Can't improve without learning from mistakes
If you really want to know what you should improve on, just record matches of yourself and watch them. It helped me alot because I noticed a ton of bad habits that I used to be into. Also, I told you earlier that you're just hesitant at sometimes. That's probably the only thing that I notice. Matchup problems will be solved when you have enough experience in the matchup.

UltimaScout

Smash Lord
Yeah, it is delayed a day because of the thunderstorm last night I had no power and was unable to put anymore onto my laptop. However, later tonight or tomorrow I will start uploading the ones I have before I record anymore

echos

Smash Journeyman
so i learned a **** load of things with gannon today in brawl hes coming close to my snake as my best. we need to play again soon so i can get some good practice in. but any way.....night

Top Bottom