• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Delawares Finest

echos

Smash Journeyman
oh yeah guys check the tourney results for critical hit 2 and see where i placed i was pretty proud of my self :) my name in brawl is valor

NoVaLombardia

Smash Journeyman
I think im free this saturday and friday for stuff if Vincente is still doing a smashfest down in dover.

As long as there will be a melee TV i'll come and play both :D. And by golly im gonna see if i can bring some blank tapes.

Vicente

Smash Cadet
Next smashfest will be on May 16 and May 17. You may stay for the night so be sure to bring pillows and/or sleeping bags. It will start at 5 p.m. and end at midnight the next day. I need at least 5 more T.V.s (not too big ok?). I need to know who can bring extra Wiis/GCs (preferrably Wiis) and copies of Melee and Brawl. I live very close to places where we can all have something to eat. I will continue to keep everyone updated in this thread.

Vicente

Smash Cadet
This post will have the list of people attending the smashfest. Please reply and let me know who is coming. My number is 302-222-2925 (cell).

NoVaLombardia

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna try to buy another Cube this weekend, since i can't bring my Wii places. (house rule)

I don't have my good gaming TV anymore, sigh, I wish i could find one to buy for real cheap. I've been looking, no luck.

Vicente

Smash Cadet
I will be hosting tournaments for both Melee and Brawl. Each game will have both singles and doubles tourneys. Entrance fees will be $5 per participant. 1st place gets 60%, 2nd gets 30%, 3rd gets 10% of the pot. The usual tourney rules will be applied: 4 stock, 10 min, no items, neutral stages only.

Nick Nasty

Smash Journeyman
I will be hosting tournaments for both Melee and Brawl. Each game will have both singles and doubles tourneys. Entrance fees will be $5 per participant. 1st place gets 60%, 2nd gets 30%, 3rd gets 10% of the pot. The usual tourney rules will be applied: 4 stock, 10 min, no items, neutral stages only.
Sounds good.

What?

Smash Apprentice
Oh my...so this is the internets...

302-588-0455

Give me a call when there's another Fest at my school, yo. I actually go to DCAD for CE so I was pretty upset to hear that I missed out on that and nobody told me exactly where it was.

"It's at DCAD."

"I'm there."

Easy. Oh well.

Hey, guys, thanks for coming over last night and doing it up proper. Tru, thanks for gettin' drunk with me, dude!

NoVaLombardia

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, ironic. I remember you posting about a smashfest a long time ago.

I clicked on your deviantart in your post when you said bring sketchbooks if you got em, and i was like, hey this guy looks familiar, i think he goes to DCAD.

Then i'm like oh wait, nvm he looks like him but it ain't him.

Irony.

I'm surprised you didn't see any of the flyers i put up on every floor or in the 4th floor lounge.

I'm not sure if you notice, but im with the crew that makes too much noise on the 4th floor.

NoVaLombardia

Smash Journeyman
I don't know your schedule, but i plan on going over to a friend in Rodney Dorms on wednesday to play some melee. If possible you should come and we can put on a show, lol. But, im going early, like before noon, because i have other engagements to attend to...

What?

Smash Apprentice
I know it's a bit late, but Smooth Jazz's Delaware Fest was way too good.

I can't believe the DE scene is getting so effing big!

It used to just be my crew and Tru's with Komo coming down to play with us when he could.

Then we'd even get some Harrisburg guys to join us at my house when I had it all to myself.

We'd have like, four or five set-ups and beer everywhere.

Speaking of; I've got my house all to myself this weekend. iKnow Jules is having his thing the same weekend, so I didn't want to step on his toes...

But yeah. There it is. JV's first Fest vs another Bad Fest. <3

What?

Smash Apprentice
I don't know your schedule, but i plan on going over to a friend in Rodney Dorms on wednesday to play some melee. If possible you should come and we can put on a show, lol. But, im going early, like before noon, because i have other engagements to attend to...
Sorry, dude. I work in the mornings. Thanks for the invite though!

NoVaLombardia

Smash Journeyman
yeah **** nice work...

im gonna go ahead and guess you take comic art and cartoons CE? Or something of the nature.

I hear Manley is too good, but he works you hard. I think i be getting him next semester for figure drawing for animation.

What?

Smash Apprentice
I'm taking Echo's Dynamic Figure Drawing course. She's got a lot of education where it applies to comics and anatomy and stuff.

Also she's crazy cute and fun. <3

I'd get started on your 99 Figure Drawings now if you want to get a leg up for his class.

33 Nude Figures.
33 Clothed Figures.
33 From The Head.

His students are scrambling now to get as many done as possible and they're almost due. I've never taken his class but from meeting him...

I've learned that all I need to do is depend on myself and not rely on the approval of others to make me a better artist.

Mike's really good for pushing you and motivating you and he'll ride you hard if you're lazy or cocky. Nice guy though.

Apparently he's really good to know for his connections to the business 'n' all that.

Also, it's really cool that he's there teaching anatomy because DCAD isn't strong for their anatomy skills even in Illustation and the painting courses.

He's pretty much the only one there really pushing for proper anatomy and he's an Animation teacher.

NoVaLombardia

Smash Journeyman
God**** o_O
... And i thought i spent too much time on 3d and 2d design.

Well i was originally gonna head into an illustration major until i switched to animation.
So i guess it works both ways for what i need.

UltimaScout

Smash Lord
Standard rules actually are...

Melee = 4 stock, 8 min time limit...

Brawl = 3 stock, 7 min time limit...

What?

Smash Apprentice
Yo, Nova, there's more money in Illustration and Graphic Design.

Learning how to animate is fun, but as a major it allegedly doesn't have a lot to offer in the real world.

The only good part about having an Animation Major is Manley's anatomy class.

Foxxx17

Smash Cadet
God**** o_O
... And i thought i spent too much time on 3d and 2d design.

Well i was originally gonna head into an illustration major until i switched to animation.
So i guess it works both ways for what i need.
O! You know I'm going into animation Nova. I'm trying to get into Ringling down in Florida, but i can't get in for another year, b/c they only accept people once a year :( not 2 mention i didn't have my portfolio finished in time <.< >.>

Foxxx17

Smash Cadet
Darren give me a call next time your planning on holding a smash fest during the summer. I'm usually not home so i don't get to check the boards that much and i RLY WANNA PLAY WITH ALL U GUYS AGAIN

heres my number:
302-943-3991

Vicente

Smash Cadet
Alright since Darren cancelled his plans for this coming weekend, looks like its gonna take place this weekend then am I correct Darren?

Ok so far I'm thinking Saturday starting at 6 p.m. and will end Sunday 3 p.m. is that ok or is it too long? It will now be on May 10th and 11th, this coming Saturday and Sunday.

I actually changed it so Ultimascout can have a chance to show up :p

What?

Smash Apprentice
On second thought, Nova, scratch everything I just said.

I was just speaking to Echo and she said DCAD's Illustration program sucks *** and the Animation program actually teaches you how to draw really well really fast plus you learn Flash and Maya 'n' ****.

So...

I'm...dumb?

Vicente

Smash Cadet
This is gonna be the first smashfest that I'm hosting at my place in Dover, so I hope it runs smoothly :)

Ok now that I confirmed that Darren cancelled his smashfest, it will take place in my place instead. I will have full details hopefully by Tuesday to let you guys know where I am.

echos

Smash Journeyman
My pm settings are enabled bro try it again

oh and BTW critical hit 3 is up in the tourney listings and theres gonna be a 3000$ pot i almost **** myself, its on July 5th deffinatly check it out i think DE should make some waves there maybe bring home some money in the process, DE for the win!

NoVaLombardia

Smash Journeyman
On second thought, Nova, scratch everything I just said.

I was just speaking to Echo and she said DCAD's Illustration program sucks *** and the Animation program actually teaches you how to draw really well really fast plus you learn Flash and Maya 'n' ****.

So...

I'm...dumb?
That's one of the reasons i changed majors

I'm into character design and comic stuff (although i don't read or have a single comic book, lol), and CG (although i blow at it), possibly computer animation (particularly for video game design). I know i should keep a broad horizon, because its very slim in order to get your 'dream job', and be versatile. I'm still looking into other things.

I was actually thinking of somewhere down the line of taking some illustration classes on the side, after im done with my BFA as a supplement to my portfolio. But, i'll see down the line. I should be more worried about my budget at this point, because all in all, i might not be able to continue after my 2nd year. I'm in this confused state of mind and im unsure of what to do, and i don't have much time to think about it either.

epic of DE

Smash Journeyman
Newark, DE (only a mile from University of Delawar
*breaths sigh of relief*
finally done finals for me and I got a need to play some smash big time. Vicente you're doing a smashfest over in Dover sometime in the future, do you still need gamecubes as I'm willing to bring mine (I don't have a wii) I wouldn't mind doing some team tournies as I guess I'm decent at that though I need to work on fighting marths in melee. Though for brawl...my lemming urge to use falcon makes me want to master the knee *shakes fist*

Vicente

Smash Cadet
*breaths sigh of relief*
finally done finals for me and I got a need to play some smash big time. Vicente you're doing a smashfest over in Dover sometime in the future, do you still need gamecubes as I'm willing to bring mine (I don't have a wii) I wouldn't mind doing some team tournies as I guess I'm decent at that though I need to work on fighting marths in melee. Though for brawl...my lemming urge to use falcon makes me want to master the knee *shakes fist*
Yes Epic, please do bring a cube. We're gonna need a small T.V. to go along with it though. I already have one huge T.V. that I'll be using mainly for Brawl. Is there anyone else that can help me out?

Top Bottom