• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Delawares Finest

Nick Nasty

Smash Journeyman
ooops sorry about messing the two guys names up. Heh, I'm looking at some crew matches that have UltimaScout fighting...huh...Might want to break it to NoVa that somebody else uses the tag "NOVA" >_>

Course in this crew battle I'm watching the guy tagged as NOVA is using peach and its also a year old...still funny though

So...it might not be until the weekend that Tru= will get the tape? Nuts...oh well I got enough work for school that the time will pass like nothing
Looks like Nova's got a doppleganger:laugh:

echos

Smash Journeyman
Nice to see you on the boards man. I hope that you start posting more often:)
thanks man it's good to see you to im coming down there tomorrow around 5 to pick up Brett, chinesa is having a tourny on Saturday should be a big turn out wanna go?

Nick Nasty

Smash Journeyman
thanks man it's good to see you to im coming down there tomorrow around 5 to pick up Brett, chinesa is having a tourny on Saturday should be a big turn out wanna go?
Sorry man, school's got me by the nuts lol. Maybe next time.

echos

Smash Journeyman
all right man you said you were going back up to Wilmington again tomorrow right? i can always pick you up later in the night or something but I'll call you from work tomorrow early so we can find out exactly what were gonna do i'd go with you tomorrow but my melee skills right now are embarrassing just let me know whats up by tomorrow bro

NoVaLombardia

Smash Journeyman
now i know what the = is for.

Because there is already a Tru over in Jersey :p

But im seriously thinking about changing my name too, NoVa is too common in any game i play.

UltimaScout

Smash Lord
Well the Nova that was against me in that crew battle was the same peach player from NY that you all met. He was using the tag "MACE" on saturday for the tournament. or JOE he was called (dude w/ the bandanna)

Yeah that video is mad old. From the first time we met them I think. xD I was playin on like an hour of sleep, good times.

epic of DE

Smash Journeyman
Newark, DE (only a mile from University of Delawar
Lol so that was the same peach from this Saturday? The style seemed similiar with the D-smash as an edge-guard. Isn't peach a CF counter, I haven't really fought any good peaches before so I thought I'd have more luck against him with Gdorf since I could stomp and also do reverse U-air to do a semi-spike.

One question though UltimaScout, did you edge-tech the last D-smash into a jump or were you hit by the D-smash and were sent flying by the bizarre DI effect of the D-smash?

UltimaScout

Smash Lord
Well the video won't load again, but I have a feeling I jumped into it cause 90% of the time I choose to jump after a tech. It could've been that i was so high in damage too... who knows.

Yeah, he didn't use his same tag as last time because he hadn't played melee since brawl released and they were all out of practice.

Idk, peach vs falcon is kinda 50/50. I personally do poor vs peach but falcon is about even. She can chain grab him with u-throws until like 70%, but conversely if he starts her in a combo he can knee her like 3 times. Whenever faced with it in tourney typically I run marth.

epic of DE

Smash Journeyman
Newark, DE (only a mile from University of Delawar
Hm...I looked at it again I think you did edge-tech into a jump which was a very bad choice with Peach's D-smash which makes me wonder if any invincibility frames exist from teching. But then again, due to peach's D-smash DI effect that draws you into the attack more the DI from it actually aids you tech chance as you are DI'ing towards the stage.

Well thats my theory on teching Peach's D-smash since it has a DI towards peach you can tech it more easily than other moves but either jumping or failing to tech it can be a deadly mistake.

Vicente

Smash Cadet
Hey I'm thinking of starting a smashfest at my place next week. I have a nice basement where we can all chill. I need to know which weekend day would be good for everyone, Fri Sat or Sun? I also need ppl to bring extra systems with copies of melee and brawl, and at least 3 more TVs. Contact me so I kno who's bringing what: 302-222-2925 . If u need to spend the night feel free to do so (bring pillows or sleeping bags) Bring snacks too if you want.

NoVaLombardia

Smash Journeyman
as in next fri sat or sun? give numbers with them too :p

since summer is coming up, as long as people don't have to take summer classes, there should be alot of free time too. Go figure, my job needs me to work weekends now over the summer :p

Vicente

Smash Cadet
Yeah Nova I need to know what people think about it. You're welcome to stop by if you want. Yes it's gonna be this coming weekend so I'll need to know as soon as possible.

UltimaScout

Smash Lord
as in next fri sat or sun? give numbers with them too :p

since summer is coming up, as long as people don't have to take summer classes, there should be alot of free time too. Go figure, my job needs me to work weekends now over the summer :p
Darrens... 6pm... sunday night... 5/4/2008... be there

Foxxx17

Smash Cadet
i apologize to everyone for not showing up 2 any of these recent smashfest, i keep getting scheduled for work on weekends :(

NoVaLombardia

Smash Journeyman
when's the next Dover meet? I'm gonna try to make it to this one...

as a matter of fact... when's everyone's finals done / semester over?

NoVaLombardia

Smash Journeyman
that was the guy over near prices corner that was weird and we never heard from again.

you and me need to practice non stop for one day or something.
I must get better in melee, it's becoming an obsession :D

BTW thats only because you don't EDIT :p

Nick Nasty

Smash Journeyman
that was the guy over near prices corner that was weird and we never heard from again.

you and me need to practice non stop for one day or something.
I must get better in melee, it's becoming an obsession :D

BTW thats only because you don't EDIT :p
A fellow smasher that's determined to get better no matter what. AWESOME:chuckle:Nova we must do moar Marth dittos lol. Also, nice matches yesturday Ultima.

@Vincente: I'll try to change my schedule so I can be at your fest because you're an amazing dude.

Top Bottom