• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Decisive Games Introduction Thread (make sure to check the new forum rules as well!)

Swiss

Smash Lord
If you get scum make sure you read the advice I gave you at the end of newbie 10. You almost taught ran how to play as scum completely wrong, dont do the same to luxor.
I just went and read what he said. It's all legit, if slightly wrong. It is a way to play scum, not the way.

There are many ways to play scum; so long as you play your way right it doesn't matter. His way is fine.

Swiss

Smash Lord
I'm not saying he's good at it, DH. Lol.

@ X1 - It is wrong only in the sense that it is ONE goal for scum. Just because successive players don't play scum like that doesn't make it a bad strategy. You have to tailor your play around town.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Coasted my way to victory in Community mafia.
X1 and I (until Day 3, when I pretty much dropped out) coasted are way to victory in Halo mafia.

I kinda have to agree here with Swiss. It is wrong to think that that's ALL scum needs to be doing to win. However, as a single stratagy apart of a bigger picture? Then it's perfectly legit. Just like all strategies, it comes with risks, but also like all strategies, it comes with a reward if you manage to pull it off.

X1-12

Smash Champion
I'm not saying that you can't win by lurking, heck I've done it and some people are pros at it, but its not the objective of scum. Telling new players this kind of thing is detrimental to their game.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
ty for the support swissai *bro*. Swords can also get some *fist*

x1, you already told me thoughts. I will try not to *corrupt* luxor like I almost did Ranmaru. I am not an idiot. When I told Ran that, I thought that would be in our best interest IN THAT GAME. I should have said an objective instead of the objective. Sue me.

DP, Dont you dare talk to me about my skill level in mafia.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
so i'm thinking of hosting a game... any experienced setup-makers want to review the setup before I submit it? Pleasee?

Darn it, I just remembered that I replaced smash in discworld...

still?

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Might jump in on Soul Calibur in a bit after signups get closer to full. Don't like beingin three games at the same time, haha. I'll probably join, though.

X1-12

Smash Champion
ty for the support swissai *bro*. Swords can also get some *fist*

x1, you already told me thoughts. I will try not to *corrupt* luxor like I almost did Ranmaru. I am not an idiot. When I told Ran that, I thought that would be in our best interest IN THAT GAME. I should have said an objective instead of the objective. Sue me.

DP, Dont you dare talk to me about my skill level in mafia.
I wasn't trying to bash you man, just letting you know, no offence meant, K?

so i'm thinking of hosting a game... any experienced setup-makers want to review the setup before I submit it? Pleasee?

Darn it, I just remembered that I replaced smash in discworld...

still?
Your set-up will have to get reviewed by a list mod when you submit it anyway (Probably Sold2) but if you want someone else to look at it I will

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
K. I apologize as well, took your criticism the wrong way

Look at all this <3 in the Signup thread. Except DP, he does not get any.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
/in SoulCalibur

Whew, I thought I wouldn't be able to start a game before Christmas Break was over.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I remember Kuz telling me that, but I always had the goal of "helping town" or "pretending i'm town".

Meaning I'd probably be active anyways lol. :p

Sup Clownbot.:p

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Thanks for the welcome (back), guys. =D

It's too bad we never got to see Sex Robot get doooooooown in a game of Mafia.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Because Justice will prevail...just kidding! Just kidding! NO ESCAPE!

I think I'm already signed up for Doctor Who mafia, I assume..the 4 headed Peach Monster hydra right Adumb?

Clownbot

Smash Lord
J, are you /in SC? I don't see one from you anywhere but if I missed it then I believe it means Gheb and I aren't on the roster.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I'm part of the hydra

Braig

with my friend :3

You were the last spot in the game iirc. Gheb is the replacement.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
haha np ClownBot =o

btw can I call you CB in game oooor you prefer full ClownBot?

All we gotta do is wait for KirbyYoshi to get back on.

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
Patience my young padawans lol. I'm not home right now, and I'm without my laptop, and as such I don't have the necessary info to start the game, but I'll have roles out and thread up possibly today (Tuesday), but more likely tomorrow (Wednesday).

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Well I would but I might need to play as a whole body for once and I've been told two Hydras aren't good? lol.

Can't wait for mafia to start. :33

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Signups for TigerWood's 12 player Celebrity Mafia: The Revenge of Elin Nordegren. Hydras are allowed.

Knowledge of pop-culture is not required however some knowledge may be necessary to understand some of the humor in the game. Each role is a famous celebrity icon. The game also discourages fishing for alignments due to flavor.

Top Bottom