• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Decisive Games Introduction Thread (make sure to check the new forum rules as well!)

X1-12

Smash Champion
the current small game is full, you can either join as a replacement in case someone drops out, or wait until the full game start and sign-ups for the next begin (shouldn't take long). Or alternatively you could join the large game

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
yeah, i meant to join as a replacement, and then wait for a new small game. i want to get in a small game first to get a feel for it. maybe ill try a large game later.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Hey Ryker is back.

We should Hydra again some time, I'd love to play together with you again if there will be no stupid antihydra rule <3

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
You guy would really think I'd **** up if I have an opportunity to re-hydra with Ryker? 0_o

Also, thank you Tom and Ghebbycakesss<3

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
am i blacklisted in your games?
Yes, everybody is blacklisted until proven otherwise, mwahahahahahaha!

Nah, it's BIM 2, what he did just crossed the line IMO, plus he flaked out bad in every other game I've played with him so far.

I'm always willing to give a second chance, after people prove themselves, I worked hard on my game and I don't want it ruined for everyone who plays.

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
No offense xonar, but i'm going to have to blacklist you from my next game too.

Marshy, could you put up signups for Halo mafia?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
No offense xonar, but i'm going to have to blacklist you from my next game too.

Marshy, could you put up signups for Halo mafia?
In that case if we're playing like we're better then everyone else you're blacklisted from my next game until you play 100 games where you don't counter claim a day vig as a survivor.

See we can all **** up.

Christ you all act like two year olds sometimes.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I honestly understand people blacklisting ME from their mafia games, it was an idiotic action by a player completely uninterested in the game posting with a fatigued mind.
The thing I don't like/understand is blacklisting tHe-Man, the best hydra to ever be on dGames :(

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Yeah, but so what we all make mistakes and/or go inactive but singling you out for it just because of a modkill is ********.

I've gotten modkilled before and I still played the next game.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
It's not that I don't want you around Xonar, nor do I plan to blacklist you from any of my games, but dude, **** off with this "haters gonna hate" attitude.

Like it's one thing to say "hey alright enough guys I get it I'm sorry" and another to be like "Pssssh whatever I don't give a **** what you guys think I didn't do anything haters gonna hate".

Like seriously you deserve every ounce of hate you're getting because what you pulled in BIM:R was just straight up stupid, dumb, lazy, irresponsible bull****. There is absolutely no excuse. If you didn't want to play you could've request replacement. You never said a thing to me in that regard.

You just straight up acted in a manner that was directly contradictory to your win condition and significantly undermined the quality of a unique game that YOU HAD THE PRIVILEGE OF PLAYING VIA INVITE that a lot of people were really looking forward to, and ultimately, completely disrespected my efforts as a mod that I put in to designing, and hosting the game. I invited you because I thought you'd take the game seriously and play with dignity and respect. What you did was a big ****ing slap in the face.

Seriously dude, cut the ****ing immature bull****. You ****ed up and you know it.

It goes both ways though. Just as much as I don't wanna see Xonar's blow off responses to others' complaints, I think people who are complaining and continually mentioning the fact that they're blacklisting Xonar are just beating a dead horse. There's no need to just get in his face and say "Yo I'm blacklisting you" when you don't even know for sure if he's gonna sign up for your game.

If you feel the need to let him know you don't want him playing in your games, just send him a PM saying hey man, don't bother signing up because you aren't welcome. He'll get it. It doesn't need to be a public affair.

/endrant

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
every single player who is modkilled has acted in a stupid, dumb, lazy, irresponsible way. there is no excuse to ever be modkilled. any player who has been modkilled could have been replaced, has disrespected the mod, has undermined the quality of the game, has acted in a manner directly contradictory to their win condition by default by dying.

i agree that it doesn't need to be a public affair. but i also disagree with blacklisting the guy.

maybe its because i have put all memories of whatever game you are all talking about out of my head forever.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
in that case if we're playing like we're better then everyone else you're blacklisted from my next game until you play 100 games where you don't counter claim a day vig as a survivor.
raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaape~

:059:

Overswarm

is laughing at you
every single player who is modkilled has acted in a stupid, dumb, lazy, irresponsible way. there is no excuse to ever be modkilled. any player who has been modkilled could have been replaced, has disrespected the mod, has undermined the quality of the game, has acted in a manner directly contradictory to their win condition by default by dying.

i agree that it doesn't need to be a public affair. but i also disagree with blacklisting the guy.

maybe its because i have put all memories of whatever game you are all talking about out of my head forever.
I think the issue is that Xonar deliberately ruined a game. He used an ability he did not have to kill himself in a unique invited game. This wasn't being inactive and getting modkilled ala KirbyYoshi.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
If I remember correctly, he stated that it was not deliberate and that he was extremely tired when he did it. So do not misrepresent what happened. Its not like you can take it back once you have made a mistake.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
If I remember correctly, he stated that it was not deliberate and that he was extremely tired when he did it. Its not like you can take it back once you have made a mistake.
If I remember correctly, there was a buildup of asshattery for days before he did it, then laughed and told people he was a bomb. >_>

Also, yay dice for PM purposes

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Agreed @ getting modkilled being indicative of stupid, lazy, irresponsible play, but not at all modkillings being disrespectful.

Reason why what Xonar did in particular was disrespectful was the fact that he caused his modkill by an act of his own volition. It wasn't a result of outside uncontrollable aggravating factors, and it wasn't an honest simple mistake. It was just "I'm tired and don't give a **** let's do this leroy jenkins style and break a rule that has been openly discussed at great length for the hell of it because I'm bored with this game and don't want to play anymore."

That's a lot different than simply getting modkilled due to something like inactivity or accidentally editting out of habit, especially when the problem (not wanting to play anymore) has a much more responsible alternative of just asking the mod "Hey I'm not down with this game anymore I'm gonna jump out is that cool?". I'm not trying to defend these other ways of getting modkilled because as has been stated there really isn't any excuse to be modkilled ever, but it's the question of intent that makes certain offenses much worse than others. Manslaughter vs. murder afterall is just a question of intent.

But yeah, willingly, knowingly, and intentionally getting oneself modkilled is a whole different tier of bad than getting modkilled for other reasons.

*dead over 9000 times at someone arguing that posting Daykill: X in the formally sanctioned format that was explicitly explained in the rules isn't a deliberate action*

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Maybe I am misremembering. I was already dead in the game and wasn't reading to the caliber that you all probably were.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Maybe I am misremembering. I was already dead in the game and wasn't reading to the caliber that you all probably were.
I'd have to read it to be sure. It might have been particularly moreso infuriating for us simply because we were involved at the time, so we might remember it being more... intense. Because MY HANDS WERE BOMBS >_<

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
No, but it was particularly a**holish, and then he had the gaul to say he didn't like certain people's reactions.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=279529&page=13

Read.

This isn't really to hammer how much I hate xonar, this is more pointing out my policy about this sort of thing and a policy I think everyone should adopt except for newbie games.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Nice slip, bro :bee:

:059:
lololololol

You are the natural enemy of all marths, you must be purged!

Nah, I dunno how that happened, I had a tendency to do that when I'm speaking occasionally, just substituting names when I'm running on little sleep (like now), first time I did it in writing lol.

No hate lol

Top Bottom