• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Decisive Games Introduction Thread (make sure to check the new forum rules as well!)

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
It's actually a standard vanilla game but it's ridiculous to run those in 20XX

Kantrip

Kantplay
I think we should overhaul our sign ups again.

I think Minis should be redefined as Smalls (anywhere up to 7 players) and games in our current queue should be redefined as Larges (more than 7 players).

This thread should be used for ALL game sign ups, and every game should be played in its own thread.

As it is now, our system is very confusing to new players. They always come here first only to be redirected to the Mini mafia thread. It makes much more sense to have smalls and larges in the same place. We can still recommend new players play in a small game before they jump into the standard large queue.

This would consolidate our sign ups into one place, make our community more accessible for new players, clean up the number of stickied threads, and improve the mini mafia experience. There is no reason 7 player games can't have their own thread (we can even raise the cap if we think that works better), and this may get more of our regulars to play smaller games which are actually a lot of fun.

Xatres

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Xatres17
I'm not against merging the sign-up threads, but if you raise the caps on minis, you'll pretty much guarantee everyone will run games right up to the cap just to host more games / move faster through the queue (same as what happened with smalls mostly being 12 and 13-man games before). I actually like having the potential to run quick 3-7 man games.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I do agree that the weird way we have a standard signup thread, with seperate game threads (how it should be), and then we redirect people to the mini game thread where signups and the games take place simultaneously in one cluster**** thread, is super confusing for new people.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
I did not realize that the mini-games were literally run in the same thread as where the signups took place.

That sounds like a nightmare.

Totally in favor of moving all signups into this thread and giving minis their own threads. Any mafia game should always have its own thread IMO.

Kantrip

Kantplay
The issue was that our Larges were way too big and everyone wanted to play smalls. If we put the division at 7 players instead of 13, the queue should flow just fine for both game sizes.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Considering the fact that minis are at this point basically newbies, why don't we go back to the newbie game system we had before, except with an averae size of <7?

Kantrip

Kantplay
We don't need to call them newbies either. Just request new players play one first, have sign ups for them in this thread, and let them have their own thread for the game.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
because it's not ****in broken. it's fixed. mini games don't deserve their own thread, they're hardly full mafia games. newbs get confused? we point them in the right spot and their confusions settled. hell, minis first are moreso a RECOMMENDATION than a requirement. minis =/= queue games.

#HBC | Leviathan

Smash Journeyman
We could just move mini signups here and keep the current queue system unchanged.
This sounds nice. Both the signups and minis will be more organized, as well as confusion for newbies being eliminated. It is not like threads for minis will be very distracting considering how unlikely it is for more than one (two, tops) to be ongoing.

Kantrip

Kantplay
because it's not ****in broken. it's fixed. mini games don't deserve their own thread, they're hardly full mafia games. newbs get confused? we point them in the right spot and their confusions settled. hell, minis first are moreso a RECOMMENDATION than a requirement. minis =/= queue games.
Why, only like 1 or 2 even run in a month. What's wrong with giving them their own thread? Gonna clutter our very busy subforum?

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think the most important things you get having your own thread for a game are the following:

- Thread can be locked/unlocked for night/day respectively
- You have an easy to find OP with all the rules, the player list, and the list of flips and players still alive.
- You can include deadline times in the thread title

Of course you can convey all of this without having a thread devoted to the game, but its a hell of a lot less convenient for the players to navigate the game and find this stuff.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
BUMPITY BUMP

I GOT ******* IN MY TRUNK

first off thank you bunzy. those are some kind words

second off i updated the op to include rules n guidelines about both the queue and newbies. the second posts where yall can find the queues

if ****** got ideas to make the op more intuitive to newbies and or cohesive as a whole holla at a realass ***** like myself

#HBC | Gorf

agreed

which reminds me

SIGNUPS FOR GORF'S 7 MAN POPCORN MAFIA HAS NOW STARTED!

5 vanillas
2 mafia goons

for those who are unfamiliar, popcorn is a unique mafia variant. during n0, the mafia team will pick a townie to carry a gun. that townie has until deadline to shoot another player. the gunbearer is publicly confirmed as a townie. if a shot is not fired before deadline, the gunbearer commits suicide and the mafia chooses another gunbearer. NO EXCEPTIONS. if the gunbearer shoots a mafia member, that gunbearer stays with the gun into the next Day. if the gunbearer shoots a townie, the gunbearer dies and the townie who the shot was attempted on will receive the gun. town wins when the mafia is dead. mafia wins if their faction's member count is equal to townies alive.

#HBC | Gorf

I'd suggest against following this thread personally. It's definitely misleading.

Also, cashmoney immediately makes me like the sign up merge better.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I see Bingo is needing players, so hell, I'll go ahead and

/in Bingo

to help get the ball rolling.

Top Bottom