• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Death Battle Match-Up Exploration Thread - Day 50: Dennis Hopper King Koopa Vs. Jim Carrey Eggman

Vote for our week

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Vegeta was capable of destroying Planet Earth with ki blasts during the Saiyan Saga, and he did not think he could beat Guldo. Yes, Vegeta killed him, but he got a cheap shot on him while he was distracted and fighting someone else. While it would seem out of character for Guldo to be able to do so, he has a generically higher power level than many characters who can destroy the earth which means some people argue that he apparently can destroy the earth, or at the very least, make giant craters in the ground, such as King Piccolo. If we put Guldo down on this lower level that would be more in-character for him, he is still much stronger than Dio in terms of raw destruction, who hasn't shown many strength feats outside of the non-canon video game where he somehow gets a bulldozer out of nowhere.

Dio would mostly be riding on his part 1 powers for impressive feats that aren't his time stopping. He barely ever uses these powers in part 3, but he does still retain the vampire bite to turn people into slaves in part 3, which is his easiest attack to win with. His regeneration/durability is not as impressive in part 3 since he took Jonathan's body and is much more limited than previously.

Dio's attacks are all melee range, while all of Guldo's attacks are long range, with using levitation to throw people and throw objects. If Guldo just floats in the air Dio will struggle to do much.

Both of them have time stop obviously, and from what I can see it definitely seems like Guldo's lasts much longer. Paralysis is a separate ability from time stop that doesn't require Guldo holding his breath for it, and with it he should be able to stun Dio and lock him down without the interference of time stops.

Dio is a more competent/intelligent character than Guldo, but if he fights remotely intelligently things should really be stacked in favor of Guldo.

Noms
Armstrong/Shido x7
Netero/Whitebeard x3

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Guldo really only needs one hit to win so long as it destroys Dio's brain which is easy enough to do with a Ki blast. Even one capable of causing a sizable crater would be enough to vaporise Dio if you want to low ball it.

In order for Dio to win he has to hit Guldo a whole lot and because of vampirism, he has to do it before sunrise. Even time stop spamming Muda Rushes might not be enough given the sheer disparity between a large building and a planet.

Guldo only needs one attack to destroy Dio's brain in order to win and this is easy for him to achieve with Ki attacks at his disposal, Dio needs to first reach Guldo before he can heavily whittle him down over a long period of time. Problem is Guldo is also a lot faster so catching him isn't easy either.

Guldo takes it whether he one shots or drags it out until dawn.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Dio got hit with a signature Brando of ass-whoopin', and this Ginyu member Forced his way to victory! The winner is Guldo!

Now for a blast to the video game past!

1660369789673.png

Gruntilda Winkybunion, the hideous witch from Banjo-Kazooie!

VS!

1660369826784.png

King K. Rool, the Kremling Kommander from Donkey Kong!

RareWare. A company that many would say had a hand in what was considered a "golden age" of video games. And what good are great games without memorable villains to test our heroes?

WHO WINS?!
WHO DIES?!

Gruntilda: Respect Thread + VS Battle Page
King K. Rool: Respect Thread + VS Battle Page

NOM DISTRIBUTIONS:
MasterWarlord MasterWarlord x10
Schnee117 Schnee117 x10
AlRex AlRex x10
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds x10
Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer x10
GolisoPower GolisoPower x5

41-50 Noms
Captain N Vs. Segata Sanshiro x42
Senator Armstrong Vs. Shadow Shido x42

31-40 Noms
Sol Badguy Vs. Dante x40
Harlem Globetrotters Vs. Mon-Stars x40
Whitebeard Vs. Isaac Netero x35
Carmen Sandiego Vs. Waldo x34
Wreck-It Ralph Vs. The Hulk x31

21-30 Noms
Artorias the Abysswalker vs. Nightmare x29
Wreck-It Ralph Vs. Shrek x28
Maui Vs Arjuna x23

11-20 Noms
Barney Vs. Mr. Blobby x19
Leonidas I Vs. Saigō Takamori x12

1-10 Noms
The Doctor Vs. Rick Sanchez x10
Musashi Miyamoto (Fate/Grand Order) vs Miyamoto Musashi (Baki Hanma) x9
Cobra Commander Vs. Shredder x7
Ratchet & Clank Vs. Banjo & Kazooie x7
Rosalina Vs. Palutena x2
Scarecrow Vs. Mysterio x2

AlRex

Smash Lord
Nominations
Wreck-It Ralph VS Shrek X8
Harlem Globetrotters VS Monstars X1
Barney VS Mr. Blobby X1

This match-up...I would say Grunty's magic is something to reckon with, but, while I have argued against them a bit both in the past, K. Rool has more variety in what he can do, might be stronger up close, and has taken on a stronger foe. IRL, bears probably beat gorillas, but that doesn't 100% hold true for fiction. I would say K. Rool basically has it mostly due to being able to gather more to pull from.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
K. Rool scaling off of Donkey Kong's memetic punching the moon feat is his main claim to fame in this matchup, if he gets in close he should be able to tear her to shreds. Grunty's never done much physically impressive. To get close, K. Rool can use his powers of invisibility which he has in not one, but two games. Grunty's shield seems to be at least somewhat durable, but will eventually be broken by K. Rool.

Grunty needs to stay in the air and keep flying to avoid K. Rool and not instantly be overpowered, though K. Rool can fire his blunderbuss up into the air to potentially shoot her out of the sky, or potentially even pursue her up there with his helicopter pack, but his flight is definitely very awkward and slow looking by comparison to Grunty.

Grunty of course needs to rely on her magic. In the opening of Banjo Tooie, she destroys Banjo's house and kills Bottles with generic magic blasts. That's not bad, but K. Rool has survived much worse, such as beatings from DK, and falling down off of his giant island and hitting his head at many points along the way, before getting attacked by sharks at the bottom. I doubt he's going to get too phased by this.

Grunty will need to use more abstract magic if she wants to win. She curses Mumbo Jumbo and turns his head into a skull, and apparently was going to turn Banjo into a frog in the ending of Banjo Kazooie before it was cut and replaced. If you really want to stretch, Grunty apparently has reality warping powers to "erase your saved game." She regularly talks to Banjo from great distances somehow (presumably through magic) to taunt him, this isn't some isolated incident. However, if she had full control over these powers, she would just use it whenever she's going to lose, especially with the sorry state she's reduced to in Banjo Tooie and Nuts and Bolts, where she loses her body.

Grunty could use some of her mechs to try to even the odds, such as her drill tank or B.O.B., the giant soul sucking cannon ray that turns people into zombies, which is probably her best bet against K. Rool. As a fellow Rare Villain, K. Rool has the blast-o-matic which would also easily kill Grunty, though, if he decides he needs to use it, so at best I would say these two guns kind of cancel each other out. Grunty would have to just fly away and leave the fight in order to use her cannon on K. Rool, though good luck hitting an invisible K. Rool and not getting snuck up on in that case. B.O.B.'s radius seems significantly smaller and requires longer to charge than the Blast-O-Matic, which could destroy the entirety of DK Island when the minions finally got it working properly.

As a last resort, Grunty has the body swap machine which could just give her K. Rool's physically superior body, but good luck stuffing him in there to somehow get it to work.

In conclusion, Grunty's only real tools to compete are a hex spell which was canonically written out, or abstract vague reality warping powers which she barely uses. K. Rool wins.

I assumed Grunty was going to win when I nominated this by the way, took a while to think about it.

Nominations:
Whitebeard/Netero x2
(New) Wizpig vs Ganon x8

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Two more hours before we move onto our next match-up, everybody!

As for the Wreck-It Ralph match-ups, I could change the Hulk match-up to be somebody different if you want, Rex.

AlRex

Smash Lord
Two more hours before we move onto our next match-up, everybody!

As for the Wreck-It Ralph match-ups, I could change the Hulk match-up to be somebody different if you want, Rex.
It depends on what Tankman from Newgrounds. I'm personally not into Wreck-It Ralph VS Hulk as a match, the connection feels very flimsy, but I didn't nominate it. If I were putting the Hulk against someone else...Godzilla, maybe?

GolisoPower

Smash Master
It depends on what Tankman from Newgrounds. I'm personally not into Wreck-It Ralph VS Hulk as a match, the connection feels very flimsy, but I didn't nominate it. If I were putting the Hulk against someone else...Godzilla, maybe?
Ah, understandable. Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds , would you like to change the match-up to Hulk VS Godzilla?

Anyways...

It was a bewitching match, capped off with a K. Rool end for Gruntilda! The winner is King K. Rool!

In this pseudo-tourney of character killing, this is our next match-up:

1660452884649.png

Akuma, the Master of the Fist from Street Fighter!

VS!

1660452905689.png

Mr. Karate, the masked hitman from Art of Fighting!

Often battles on this show end in death, but these two are synonymous with the concept of "battle to the death". In fact, it's the one thing they seek in life!

WHO WINS?!
WHO DIES?!

Akuma: Respect Thread + VS Battle Page
Mr. Karate: VS Battle Page

NOM DISTRIBUTIONS:
AlRex AlRex x10
Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer x5

41-50 Noms
Sol Badguy Vs. Dante x45
Captain N Vs. Segata Sanshiro x42
Senator Armstrong Vs. Shadow Shido x42
Harlem Globetrotters Vs. Mon-Stars x41

31-40 Noms
Whitebeard Vs. Isaac Netero x37
Wreck-It Ralph Vs. Shrek x36
Carmen Sandiego Vs. Waldo x34

Godzilla Vs. The Hulk x31 (Was previously Wreck-It Ralph Vs. The Hulk)

21-30 Noms
Maui Vs Arjuna x23

11-20 Noms
Barney Vs. Mr. Blobby x20
Musashi Miyamoto (Fate/Grand Order) vs Miyamoto Musashi (Baki Hanma) x14

1-10 Noms
The Doctor Vs. Rick Sanchez x10
Wizpig Vs. Ganon x8
Cobra Commander Vs. Shredder x7
Ratchet & Clank Vs. Banjo & Kazooie x7
Rosalina Vs. Palutena x2

Last edited:

AlRex

Smash Lord
My gut instinct is that KOF characters scale overall higher than SF, but Akuma is one of the ones that could rival those normally. Not gonna bring in anything like Asura's Wrath or fighting Galactus or whatever. Everybody can fight everyone in these games, to a certain extent, and Mr. Karate's considered on level with Geese and Jeff Bogard, and probably also Terry by extension, who levelled a forest, fought some kind of God in the anime movie (not the God) and another guy named Verse who leveled a stadium. Akuma, however, more directly destroyed an island, IIRC. Instead of this "I am your father’s brother’s nephew’s cousin’s former roommate" nonsense of scaling, that direct feat is probably a lot better. Plus Akuma attacks at the level of the soul, which is much screwier. I'll say Akuma has this for now.

Nominations
Harlem Globetrotters VS Monstars X2
Wreck-It Ralph VS Shrek X2
Carmen Sandiego VS Waldo X2
Barney VS Mr. Blobby X2
The Doctor VS Rick Sanchez X2

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Alrighty then! Wreck-It Ralph Vs. Hulk is now Godzilla Vs. Hulk!

Also, five hours before we move to our final match-up for the week!

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
I would love to do an extend analysis like in Arcueid vs Ryougi but I don't have time, so I will just explain the important.

We have two options, for one side, regular Akuma vs regular Mr. Karate.
While the nature of Mr. Karate variates between games, the regular variation is assumed to be the regular Takuma Sakazaki but without restrictions, meanwhile Akuma is well, Akuma, while some things aren't actually canon like that Shun Goku Satsu sends you to hell or things like that is inegable that the power of the Satsui no Hado gives Akuma some sort of advantage.

Now we also have Shin Akuma vs Serious Mr. Karate
1660523096948.png
1660523118103.png
This is like a reverse version of their situations, while Shin Akuma is just Akuma without restrictions Serious Mr. Karate is usually despicted has a brainwashed Takuma by the mask (particullary noticed in KOF XIII where various characters notice a different presence in him). I think this version is a more balanced fight, thought I think that in the end the fight would end in the same way.

The winner is Akuma!

Noms:
  • Maui vs Arjuna x5

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Mr. Karate could not mask the fact that Akuma had the Gou-key to victory! The winner is Akuma!

Time to think hard on this next match-up, everybody:

1660536996840.png

Magnus the Red, Primarch of the Thousand Sons from Warhammer 40,000!

VS!

1660537026562.png

Jean Grey, the undying Phoenix from Marvel Comics!

A wise man once said that absolute power corrupts absolutely. In the case of these two, though, they weren't just corrupted by absolute power, they became absolute power!

WHO LIVES?!
WHO DIES?!

Magnus the Red: Respect Thread + VS Battle Page
Jean Grey: Respect Thread + VS Battle Page

NOMINATION DISTRIBUTIONS:
MasterWarlord MasterWarlord x5
AlRex AlRex x10
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds x5

41-50 Noms
Senator Armstrong Vs. Shadow Shido x46
Sol Badguy Vs. Dante x45
Captain N Vs. Segata Sanshiro x45
Whitebeard Vs. Isaac Netero x43
Harlem Globetrotters Vs. Mon-Stars x43

31-40 Noms
Wreck-It Ralph Vs. Shrek x38
Carmen Sandiego Vs. Waldo x36

Godzilla Vs. The Hulk x34

21-30 Noms
Maui Vs Arjuna x28

11-20 Noms
Barney Vs. Mr. Blobby x22
The Doctor Vs. Rick Sanchez x12

1-10 Noms
Ratchet & Clank Vs. Banjo & Kazooie x9
Cobra Commander Vs. Shredder x9
Wizpig Vs. Ganon x8
Rosalina Vs. Palutena x2

AlRex

Smash Lord
Nominations
Harlem Globetrotters VS the Monstars X2
Wreck-It Ralph VS Shrek X2
Carmen Sandiego VS Waldo X2
Barney VS Mr. Blobby X2
The Doctor VS Rick Sanchez X2

As for the fight at hand, I am not very knowledgeable on WarHammer 401K. From what I am reading, he was once a regular psychic, but immature and reckless, and mostly because of this, he got taken over by a Dark God of some kind and turned into a big demon guy. He nearly died and it spread his psyche into multiple "shards" across the galaxy. I assume, because of the outfit and the overall theming, Jean also has the Phoenix Force, which can take on Galactus and, in a What If, at least, destroyed the whole Marvel universe. I am going to say for now it's Jean. Without the Phoenix Force, though, probably not.

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
Mr. Karate could not mask the fact that Akuma had the Gou-key to victory! The winner is Akuma!

Time to think hard on this next match-up, everybody:

View attachment 358695
Magnus the Red, Primarch of the Thousand Sons from Warhammer 40,000!

VS!

View attachment 358696
Jean Grey, the undying Phoenix from Marvel Comics!

A wise man once said that absolute power corrupts absolutely. In the case of these two, though, they weren't just corrupted by absolute power, they became absolute power!

WHO LIVES?!
WHO DIES?!

Magnus the Red: Respect Thread + VS Battle Page
Jean Grey: Respect Thread + VS Battle Page

NOMINATION DISTRIBUTIONS:
MasterWarlord MasterWarlord x5
AlRex AlRex x10

41-50 Noms
Senator Armstrong Vs. Shadow Shido x46
Sol Badguy Vs. Dante x45
Captain N Vs. Segata Sanshiro x45
Whitebeard Vs. Isaac Netero x43
Harlem Globetrotters Vs. Mon-Stars x43

31-40 Noms
Wreck-It Ralph Vs. Shrek x38
Carmen Sandiego Vs. Waldo x36

Godzilla Vs. The Hulk x34

21-30 Noms
Maui Vs Arjuna x28

11-20 Noms
Barney Vs. Mr. Blobby x22
The Doctor Vs. Rick Sanchez x12

1-10 Noms
Ratchet & Clank Vs. Banjo & Kazooie x9
Cobra Commander Vs. Shredder x9
Wizpig Vs. Ganon x8
Rosalina Vs. Palutena x2
Why don't you use Death Battle Fanon for the characters?

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Well then

I knew the Phoenix Force was utterly busted and stupid but damn.

Jean is the strongest host of the Phoenix Force and other users include a Wolverine that went on to kill Old King Thor who is said to be one of the few individuals that could kill the Phoenix Force, can cross multiple universes in mere seconds, is able to scare Galactus into running away, survived the God Bomb which threatened to kill all Gods across all time and space and was able to shift the world engine which contains the world tree and as such 9 universes and affected their timelines, Cyclops who was able to resist both Scarlet Witch and Hope Summers' attempts at stopping him until he was convinced to give up (in which Wanda is also said to be able to kill the Phoenix Force and Hope had copied her powers so he effectively held off two Wandas here) and individuals that were able to harm abstract entities like Eternity and undo the effects of the Infinity Stones.

The Phoenix Force itself is also said to have been a major part of the First Big Bang in Marvel's universe and this Big Bang led to the creation of the multiverse. It basically transcends time, space and all dimensions.

Warhammer's trying it's best to out bull**** Marvel and I respect that because Magnus does have a shot if only because Marvel have established several individuals that could kill the Phoenix Force including Thanos, Galactus, Odin, Thor, Molecule Man, The Living Tribunal, The Beyonders, Wanda and the current host, Maya Lopez better known as Echo. However all of these characters seem to exceed what Magnus is capable of with Odin being the closest to him.

Jean wins this relatively comfortably.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Magnus's perceptions were warped and Jean dropped the Warhammer on him! The winner is Jean Grey!

And that's another week wrapped up! Here's our new schedule:

Day 29: Captain N Vs. Segata Sanshiro
Day 30: Harlem Globetrotters Vs. Mon-Stars
Day 31: Senator Armstrong Vs. Shadow Shido
Day 32: Sol Badguy Vs. Dante
Day 33: Whitebeard Vs. Isaac Netero
Day 34: Wreck-It Ralph Vs. Shrek
Day 35: Carmen Sandiego Vs. Waldo

And starting us off is...

1660627428224.png

Kevin Keene, better known as Captain N the Game Master!

VS!

1660627476602.png

Segata Sanshiro, the badass mascot for Sega Saturn!

Nintendo and Sega have had a bit of an infamous rivalry in the past, and this includes when it comes to strange media!

WHO WINS?!
WHO DIES?!

Captain N: Respect Thread + Death Battle Fanon Page
Segata Sanshiro: Respect Thread + Death Battle Fanon Page

NOM DISTRIBUTIONS:
Schnee117 Schnee117 x10
AlRex AlRex x10

41-50 Noms
---

31-40 Noms
Godzilla Vs. The Hulk x35
Maui Vs Arjuna x33

21-30 Noms
Barney Vs. Mr. Blobby x24

11-20 Noms
Musashi Miyamoto (Fate/Grand Order) vs Miyamoto Musashi (Baki Hanma) x19
The Doctor Vs. Rick Sanchez x14

1-10 Noms
Ratchet & Clank Vs. Banjo & Kazooie x10
Cobra Commander Vs. Shredder x10
Wizpig Vs. Ganon x8
Rosalina Vs. Palutena x2

AlRex

Smash Lord
Captain N has a laser gun and time stops, but I feel like if Segata can ride and grapple missiles, and may not have even died from that, I dunno what Kevin has in attack potency or speed to match this. Plus Segata could just throw him and make him explode.

Nominations
Barney VS Mr. Blobby X3
The Doctor VS Rick Sanchez X3
The Blob VS the Thing [movies, not the Marvel characters] X2
Mr. Potato Head VS the Red M&M X2

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
The most powerful memetic soundbyte you could use for Captain N if you really felt like it is that there's a random episode with a genie in it, which is technically in Captain N's possession briefly, but it gets passed around like a hot potato throughout the episode. The genie can grant infinite wishes, with the most impressive thing it does being forcing characters to be slaves to other characters/brainwashing them. Captain N barely uses it himself and the episode ends with the genie being freed, though.

The other thing you could use to claim that Captain N is strong is just trying to make him scale off of Metroid characters, since he does effortlessly kill "Ridley", but this Ridley is a generic Goomba that has nothing in common with the real one and is rather unsightly.

Captain N being a very old kid's show generally never has any characters get remotely hurt/die, the laser guns at most make people feel mildly inconvenienced, with the exception of killing generic Goomba-tier fodder characters. Even if he time stops Segata, Segata's strength/durability means I severely doubt Captain N will be able to kill him.

Nominations:
Wizpig/Ganon x5

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
It seems here that Sega Did What Nintendon't in this match-up! The winner is Segata Sanshiro!

Going onto the court are these two wacky teams:

1660709275389.png

The Harlem Globetrotters, Chicago's premiere exhibition basketball team!

VS!

1660709330583.png

The Mon-Stars, the Space-Jamming alien basketball team!

Basketball is one of those kinds of sports that's almost on-par with American football in the US. Though like with all sports, it can go to major extremes here!

WHO WINS?!
WHO DIES?!

NOM DISTRIBUTIONS:
AlRex AlRex x10

41-50 Noms
---

31-40 Noms
Godzilla Vs. The Hulk x35
Artorias the Abysswalker vs. Nightmare x34
Maui Vs Arjuna x33

21-30 Noms
Barney Vs. Mr. Blobby x27

11-20 Noms
Musashi Miyamoto (Fate/Grand Order) vs Miyamoto Musashi (Baki Hanma) x19
The Doctor Vs. Rick Sanchez x17
Wizpig Vs. Ganon x13

1-10 Noms
Ratchet & Clank Vs. Banjo & Kazooie x10
Cobra Commander Vs. Shredder x10
John Constantine Vs. Hellboy x5
The Blob Vs. The Thing x2
Mr. Potato Head Vs. Red M&M x2
Rosalina Vs. Palutena x2

AlRex

Smash Lord
Nominations
Barney VS Mr. Blobby X3
The Doctor VS Rick Sanchez X3
The Blob VS the Thing X2
Mr. Potato Head VS the Red M&M X2

As for the match at hand, the Harlem Globetrotters are known to basically win every game, though it is usually against the Washington Generals, which is like having a record of usually only fighting Glass Joe over and over again. Nevertheless, the Globetrotters team has had many members over the years. Probably most useful in terms of basketball skill to contend against the Monstars' stolen talents would be the likes of "Wee" Willie Gardner, Connie "The Hawk" Hawkins, Wilt "The Stilt" Chamberlain, and Nat "Sweetwater" Clifton, but most useful in terms of superpower would be the Super Globetrotters, who can all seemingly fly, and, individually, we have Nate Branch/Liquid Man, who can turn into water, Freddy "Curly" Neal/Super Sphere, who turns into a super strong basketball, essentially, James "Twiggy" Sanders/Spaghetti Man, who can use his body as a ladder or a rope, Louis "Sweet Lou" Dunbar/Gizmo, who can seemingly pull any gadget he needs out of his afro, and Hubert "Geese" Ausbie/Multi Man, who can clone himself, similar to Jamie Madrox, the Multiple Man, from Marvel Comics. There's also the Crime Globe, which is a talking satellite that can alert them of villains, as well as help them strategize. This, in addition to their usual slapstick basketball tactics, would prove effective against the Monstars, who, while they did initially smash the Looney Tunes through brute force, eventually did succumb to them after all they did was drink water and believe in themselves. If we really want to drill it in, the Harlem Globetrotters of the Futurama world are super genius scientists, which may just add insult to injury. Is this a basketball game to the death? How morbid. Nevertheless, most of my inclinations are to say that the team from Harlem trots around the globe and back all over the Monstars, much as I respect the likes of Charles Barkley and Patrick Ewing.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Main question I would have for the current match-up is the extent of ""toon force"" there is in the cartoon where the Globetrotters have superpowers.

Monstars can casually grab people and fold them into (badly aging CGI) balls and sit on people to turn them into (badly aging CGI) pancakes.

Nominations:

Wizpig/Ganon x10

Last edited:

wizfoot

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-7677-1915-7484
noms:

V1 (ULTRAKILL) vs. Zan (HEDON) x3
Dr. Spencer Reid (Criminal Minds) vs. Dexter Morgan (Dexter) x2

i don't know enough about the harlem globetrotters to contribute to this thread unforunately. will return tomorrow however

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
This fight was totally their jam, and the Globetrotters seemed to space out! The winners are The Mon-Stars!

Time for a new campaign to vote in:

1660881284369.png

Steven Armstrong, Metal Gear Rising's Social Darwinist senator!

VS!

1660881354606.png

Shadow Masayoshi Shido, Persona 5's prideful politician!

Politics can be a very touchy subject, especially these days. Well, that's to be expected when you got people like these two running for office!

WHO WINS?!
WHO DIES?!

Senator Armstrong: Respect Thread + VS Battle Page + DB Fanon Page
Shadow Shido: VS Battle Page

NOM DISTRIBUTIONS:
AlRex AlRex x10
Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer x5
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds x10
wizfoot wizfoot x5

41-50 Noms
---

31-40 Noms
Godzilla Vs. The Hulk x37
Artorias the Abysswalker vs. Nightmare x34
Maui Vs Arjuna x33

21-30 Noms
Barney Vs. Mr. Blobby x30
Musashi Miyamoto (Fate/Grand Order) vs Miyamoto Musashi (Baki Hanma) x24
Wizpig Vs. Ganon x23

11-20 Noms
The Doctor Vs. Rick Sanchez x20
Leonidas I Vs. Saigō Takamori x17
Cobra Commander Vs. Shredder x11
Ratchet & Clank Vs. Banjo & Kazooie x11

1-10 Noms
John Constantine Vs. Hellboy x10
Mr. Potato Head Vs. Red M&M x4
The Blob Vs. The Thing x4
V1 Vs. Zan x3
Rosalina Vs. Palutena x2
Spencer Reid Vs. Dexter Morgan x2
Astrobot Vs. R.O.B. x1

wizfoot

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-7677-1915-7484
totally didnt forgor to come back to this ahem

Shido doesn't have any plot feats, although he beats Armstrong when it comes to magic and psychic powers easily. If Armstrong can somehow resist Shido's psychic powers, then I'd give it to Armstrong. Armstrong's nanomachines are simply too strong (they rearrange faster than a HF blade, which cuts at an atomic level) and is simply stronger in my opinion. The dude no-selled all of Raiden's punches (who helled back a 16.4 million ton ship while wounded may I remind you) and destroyed EXCELSUS which IIRC let off approximately 100 kilotons of force. That's stronger than warheads currently used by the United States nuclear program.

However... Armstrong doesn't really have any known psychic resistance. He's a charismatic manipulator, sure, but there's no description or feat of him being able to resist psychic energy. I'm going to tentatively give this to Armstrong, given that he likely has some form of psychic resistance given the existence of characters like Psycho Mantis --- but it'd be close, and only if Armstrong can resist Shido's psychic powers.

Noms:

V1 (ULTRAKILL) vs Zan (HEDON) x3
Dr. Spencer Reid (Criminal Minds) vs. Dexter Morgan (Dexter) x1
Captain John Price (Call of Duty) vs. John Wick (John Wick) x1

Last edited:
Top Bottom