• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

Bobwithlobsters

Smash Journeyman
In my circle of friends, a suicide spike is even better than one you survive. It is just so fun to take those kinds of risks. But I dont think I would ever pull a risk like that in tournament. Especially cause couldn't they sdi out of your dair?

:phone:

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
I try to use dair sometimes vs. Diddy Kong when I've grabbed the ledge and he tries to up-B from underneath me, and I can't turn around to bair... it has mixed success.

I'm campy Dedede, gets timed out by Snake because I can't/won't approach:cool:

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
In my circle of friends, a suicide spike is even better than one you survive. It is just so fun to take those kinds of risks. But I dont think I would ever pull a risk like that in tournament. Especially cause couldn't they sdi out of your dair?
The vid's been pulled off of YT for some reason (:() but I remember watching a match between Coney's DDD and Boss' Luigi in the GFs of some tourney. Both were on their second stock and Boss was recovering while Coney held the ledge. Coney was out of invincibility, and Boss was in that tornado position where you have to pretty much give up the ledge or risk being reversal'd and gimped by Luigi, but rather than give up the ledge Coney just FF'd off the ledge and daired both of them to their death. It can work if it's surprising (who would expect DDD to kill himself?), and if you FF with it, there isn't much time to SDI out before you're done.

D

Deleted member 189823

Does anyone main DDD just because they like the character, and not for the chaingrab?

Bobwithlobsters

Smash Journeyman
yeah allshort17 summed up my feelings too. I would still main ddd if his down throw allowed the opponent to punish you every time you used it. Kinda like how jiggly puff got to rest kirby if he down threw her in melee. I would just back throw everything. That does tons of damage anyways.

D

Deleted member 189823

Neat. I love Kirby characters as well...though to be honest, I could have mained MK some time ago now because he's always been my favorite Kirby character. But then I found out everyone and their mother used him, so no. ):
I like DDD because he looks funny, he's a magnificent ******* (if you've seen the anime, or know of the series' general plot) and because I like big, heavy and strong characters.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
i think there is no CG in project M. Still sexy as hell.
I actually don't like to play DDD in P:M because it messes up my DDD play in Brawl. Not only that but they changed him enough to make him very different but not enough to discourage one from playing him the way they would in Brawl, which is not good IMO. :ohwell:

I like DDD because he looks funny, he's a magnificent ******* (if you've seen the anime, or know of the series' general plot) and because I like big, heavy and strong characters.
Well, in a lot of ways, Kirby is also a big *******, especially in some of his games, like that one (I forget which) where DDD was trying to guard the Star Rod to protect Dreamland and Kirby just burst in and forced his way the rod, releasing the final boss. :evil:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I only played to 100% the very first Kirby's Dreamland (played many others, but finished none), where DDD is he last opponent, and it's incredibly difficult to beat in hard mode.
I just love how all of his moves there were directly traslated to Brawl.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I like kirby characters too. If sonic wasnt in the game I would probably main Kirby. And ddd is fun and not difficult to play at a reasonable level.

Coney

Smash Master
i remember the night i saw ddd was coming out, i was really excited for him and said i was going to play him, but i still thought i was going to main olimar and second ness

then i liked lucas and thought he was busted (as everyone did the first week) and had a secondary ddd

someone pointed out to me eventually that my lucas sometimes lost

but my ddd never did

i won a tourney of friends with $15 entry each (but triple elimination) and won like, $300 with ddd

from then on i put all my energy into him

i <3 him

Internalyzed

Smash Apprentice
i remember the night i saw ddd was coming out, i was really excited for him and said i was going to play him, but i still thought i was going to main olimar and second ness

then i liked lucas and thought he was busted (as everyone did the first week) and had a secondary ddd

someone pointed out to me eventually that my lucas sometimes lost

but my ddd never did

i won a tourney of friends with $15 entry each (but triple elimination) and won like, $300 with ddd

from then on i put all my energy into him

i <3 him
IIRC, you said that you wanted to main Olimar, but chose Dedede because you lacked patience.

Coney

Smash Master
i mean that's what someone said on the smashwiki

it's kinda true, i'm just...not campy, idk. if i was forced to play campy i wouldn't play the game (which is probably why it took me so long to actually stop playing the game, that love-hate relationship so many people have)

it took a while to realize the game just isn't right for me, i've been ****ed over way too much to really enjoy it anymore

i've lost so, so, SO many sets--and SO much money--playing the way i want to play instead of the way i'm supposed to play, and i guess that's why i am where i am now

i will always love ddd though, he's SO satisfying and fun...sometimes

Internalyzed

Smash Apprentice
I'm the "someone" who wrote that on your SmashWiki article. But seriously, you say that you "don't have the patience" to play :olimarbrawl: in this video.

I still love watching your Dedede, though. And even if you don't really love the game anymore, there must be some reason you're still posting on this forum. If you've left the competitive scene, I hope that you'll come back.

Coney

Smash Master
hahah, well i appreciate it! i'll still show up for nationals and midwest events because i like those, but my region is on life support at the moment...we're all pretty similar players (boss, chu, me are all players that thrive on pressure and reads that can be avoided by defensive play)

i doubt i ever could come back anyway, i'm getting older and i've gotta start doing grown-up things--getting a house, starting a family with my fiance, etc.

tbh i don't post on the forums often, it's usually on the league of legends thread because i'm big into that game now, but i think i do it in the hopes that someone will be my successor...like, i feel like ddd is so underdeveloped and there's no reason i should be considered the apex of his play. i'm hoping one day a ddd is going to come along that will just...DEMOLISH.

D

Deleted member 189823

i've lost so, so, SO many sets--and SO much money--playing the way i want to play instead of the way i'm supposed to play, and i guess that's why i am where i am now

i will always love ddd though, he's SO satisfying and fun...sometimes
I really, really feel that. As a Bowser player...and also a new DDD player.

Oh...you stopped playing? That is kind of sad, it's sad to see good players like you go away. It has happened with Zigsta a few months ago...but then you realize that there's actually good reasons behind that, to help yourselves grow into better people.
Good luck with that, mang.

Bobwithlobsters

Smash Journeyman
I dont know how but I struggle more with ddd's chain grabs than I do ice climbers... consistently doing the skid cancels shield grab chain grab is very difficult for me.

How do the rest of you do your ddd chain grabs? Do you buffer them? The only way I know to buffer a dash is to hold forward and hit down on the c stick in the buffer window.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I am a very rhytmical person, I mastered SKIDCG within the first two minutes of trying, but I miss the timing after a while of not doing it, and need other two minutes to get it down, lol.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
lol, until just now I realized what HSDK stands for.
I love Chikage too, but I haven't found a nice, avatar-worthy picture of her.

Top Bottom