• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
It probably is even and I'm just being a huge ***** but man if that match-up isn't frustrating.

Also, just realized I said I inifinite'd snake on frigate, meant to say Halberd, haha

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
I came here to talk about a Giant Invincible Penguin that wields a Jet Hammer.

Where'd he vanish to ?

Hoejja

Smash Apprentice
the matchup DDD/snake...snake is such a pain the ***, throwing stuff at us and flying away like a boss. It's quite intense for us but in the other hand for them too. Getting grabbed/thrown out of the stage is reaaaallly bad for them. I agree with the mu actually :p

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
IMO, it is even.
Snake shields A LOT (that's why isn't rare to see Marth hitting him with Shield Breaker) so he isn't hard to grab, but grenades stop DDD (and ICs) from freely chaingrabbing him. Also, his Utilt and Aerials are all too good and kill us early.
It's massively annoying for both sides.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
**** Snake

Seriously, **** Snake. When I play against him, I actually get -angry- I play so much more poorly fighting against him, so much so I have to tell myself to calm down.

****. Snake.

Bobwithlobsters

Smash Journeyman
just play snake with the intention of going to time and just wait for the one mistake he makes that gets you the chain grab to gimp. I feel more of ddd's match ups should be plaid with the intention of going to time.

:phone:

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Well, I don't play with that particular mindset, but I do play much more defensively after I gain that stock lead. Aiming to actually go to time can go badly with DDD, I feel. However, I WILL be a lot campier and force Snake to approach. Waddles tend to stuff a lot. Man, they're so good! :smirk:

White91

Smash Apprentice
If you play slow, your growth is limited in most matchups, I feel the evolution of ddds game is going to depend on being fast

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
Camping =/= playing slow. We can play fast when the punish comes in, but I tried aggressive and then campier. And when I was campier I did much better.

White91

Smash Apprentice
Campy works well against like mk, and ics, but diddy, falco, oli... I'd say fast and agressive is the way

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Actually, I'd say it's the opposite for ICs. Play against them aggro with your throws. Be grab happy. I can't see DDD effectively camping against ICs and one slip-up results in death anyway.

Also, as Meow said, you can play defensive/campy and fast. Capitalize on your punishes. If you see Snake trying to DACUS in or something, land the pivot grab, go for the CG, and try to gimp him.

Bobwithlobsters

Smash Journeyman
Well 4god is my favorite ddd. But not saying you should not be fast. Just to play campier and not over commit. More bait and punish than super agro.

Top Bottom