• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Vex's victory over Vinnie was simply outstanding.
Then he took off ADHD.

I swear he and his offensive style, is my hero.

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Just here to type that smart aggression is the answer. Also, Vex has an amazing defensive game-play. He has it all and he'll continue to become even more better. Been typing this since 2010. But no one listen to the WiFi kid. WiFi kid was right the whole time. :o Seriously though, I'm right! I bet if you guys start to experiment like the people like Vex, and so on, then you'll get the same results like him. Mark my words! WiFi kid hasn't been wrong yet, why should it happen now? It won't! :o So, go experiment all!

Anyone know if you can do the inhale cancel on purpose? I just want to know, because I read that it isn't preformed by purpose... so... which one is it.. Yes or no?

I'm actually thinking of making a small mini D3 clip (since I always get WTH moments and amazing combos with him xD). After finals week, It should be done, unless, life interferes with its never ending torture.

Good day all~

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Vex's pressure is ridiculous, I have no idea how can he be that good with Fair.
Also, his spacing on Grabs is marvelous.

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
You just have to experiment Kyokoro; when you watch videos and notice something that looks interesting, and you want to find out how can you understand or use this in your game-play. Well, go enter 'Training mode' and pratice that trick or move. Ask someone if they can spare with you. I still haven't seen Vex do reverse Wave Bounces yet. If helps D3, especially against MKs.

Anyway! Examples: a buffered Fair to a down air, buffered fair to inhale, buffered fair to Wadlle Dee (or wave bounce for style points X). Same goes for down airs. =O

I don't want to confuse you now... I'm sure I already confused you and many.

My point is train with others (not like a match, but like sparing and including your new move or tricks or whatever it may be.

Want to know how to stop Tl's projectitle game? Simple! Aim your Waddle Dees and always keep one on the field (in-case toon tries to Zair you, but all tl is doing is attacking the Dees.) I'm sure I confused you already xD

Look! Just go to training mode and spare with people. If you pay attention on how your partner is air dodging and recoverining. I hope this helps, remember, my thinking is too bad! WiFi thinking! Noooooooo! D:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
The only neat trick I can do is SH, Fair at the apex, then FF and get the hitbox at the right moment I hit the ground. There's a bit of lag, but the hitbox size and shieldstun it causes is very good.
Just a mixup, just like Nair and Dair are.

Hoejja

Smash Apprentice
i've watched vex winning vinnie...pretty cool

altough there is something that left me amazed : dair ground cancel ?? never seen it before.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
i've watched vex winning vinnie...pretty cool

altough there is something that left me amazed : dair ground cancel ?? never seen it before.
you have to buffer a double jump DAir during your jump startup, it autocancels.

Also apparently i'm getting back into this game, anything significant happen metagame-wise in the past 2 years for Dedede?

Placed 13th in a tourney yesterday going Dedede/Luigi (and a very intense set that involved agreeing to go to Green Greens, WarioWare, and i forget where game 1 was played) which involved getting camped out by TL, ZSS, Snake, and Fox in succession beforehand after having not played this game in 2 years at all seriously, lol.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Looks like I was right about DDD:ICs not being unwinnable competitively, but nobody would listen to......the bubbaking. :smirk:

I don't think we even have bubbaking in here posting anymore.
It's been so dead in here even bubbaking ran off...
I'm done with this game. If I were to ever come back, I'd just pick up MK (my first main before the ban). Numbers and I were having a little bit of nostalgic fun with the game and I was able to hold my own with MK...which is BS. Project M is so much more fun and legit. Sorry, guys. :ohwell:

I dunno. Sounds like you're scared Seibrik. ;P
Why are you quoting that statement of mine? Was it really that funny? :urg:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I have the naive hope that it won't be as useless as it was in Brawl.
Also, there was the Super Jump's Stomp animation. I also hope his recovery won't be nearly as terrible.

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
wow rude
i spent like 5 minutes on this (that's all the time weedle deserves)

vaguely on topic: how do you beat olimar?
it's like you have to approach, but you can't approach. every now and then i land a grab and try to follow up or trap landings but it's never enough ;~;

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261
Yay DDD is back!

dean. said:
wow rude
i spent like 5 minutes on this (that's all the time weedle deserves)

vaguely on topic: how do you beat olimar?
it's like you have to approach, but you can't approach. every now and then i land a grab and try to follow up or trap landings but it's never enough ;~;
I go into the match first observing the Olimar and seeing what he does. Once you feel it's the right time to approach its all about ignoring anything but purple pikmin(PS those) and read when he might grab or smash. iirc f-tilt is a somewhat safe option since oli has no grab armor. Usually i try to bait them into shield or spotdodge so i can get an inhale.

Once you get oli in the air you need to keep him there. This is one MU i'd consider using u-throw depending on stage positioning. Just bait airdodges, inhale the whistle and shield grab landings.

I've never played any godlike olimars however so this is just how i would feel the matchup would go if the DDD did the right things to maintain advantage...which is still frustrating vs oli tho

Hoejja

Smash Apprentice
I was just watching it and decided to come here to know what was going on... was that really the japanese hardcore infinite thing? he did like 7,8 dthrows without a mistake. Is is allowed in the apex? coz he would destroy everyone with that.

(except ICs i guess ^^)

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
BACK TO LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIFE!!!!!
Been busy changing home, but now living alone with a friend.

Changing has been expensive and we still have a lot of work to do, but we're set to go and with Internet!

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261
Congratz Kyokoro ^-^!

Well i've been wondering, do you guys think DDD's success in smash 4 would be hampered or bolstered by faster gameplay? I mean looking at melee, none of the big bulky characters seem to be higher on the tier list. Then again the game might be slower than melee, but faster than brawl.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I think he will definitely be worse. We can assume that the chain grab will be gone, and that was literally 50% of Dedede's gameplay.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
unless we get a guaranteed followup and maintain the godlike Grab Range, DDD won't be any better than mediocre.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Back because I'm interested in Smash 4 talk way more than Brawl. Also, DDD looks like he came straight out of Right Back at Ya, and I LOVE that look! :)

I have the naive hope that it won't be as useless as it was in Brawl.
Also, there was the Super Jump's Stomp animation. I also hope his recovery won't be nearly as terrible.
Well, the move was given some good utility in Project M, so it's definitely possible. Honestly though, DDD shouldn't have a very strong recovery because he's so big and heavy, and it looks like he was made even bigger for Smash 4. :smash:

Well i've been wondering, do you guys think DDD's success in smash 4 would be hampered or bolstered by faster gameplay? I mean looking at melee, none of the big bulky characters seem to be higher on the tier list. Then again the game might be slower than melee, but faster than brawl.
Sakurai explicitly stated that Smash 4 will be slower than Melee but faster than Brawl.

I think he will definitely be worse. We can assume that the chain grab will be gone, and that was literally 50% of Dedede's gameplay.
unless we get a guaranteed followup and maintain the godlike Grab Range, DDD won't be any better than mediocre.
Wow, you guys assumed so much about a game we know so little about. DDD doesn't need a CG to be as good as he was. I know this example is totally different from Brawl or Smash 4, but a DDD got 5th at APEX 2014 in Project M, and that tourney had more entrants than Brawl (over 300 entrants). As long as there are combos, DDD has the potential to do well, and as far as I've seen, Smash 4 has given indications that there WILL be hitstun without any ways to cancel it like in Brawl. Also, it seemed like aerials might have less lag in Smash 4, and if that's the case, then DDD would definitely enjoy that.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Dude, I'm modding several Rooms at the SSB4 discussion threads.
They assume WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more stuff than this thread did.

And I find funny how you randomly add PM to the picture.

Top Bottom