• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
It's really funny how people beef about how their preferred game is better than someone elses yet they can learn different tools that can be used in their game. Like Melee is obviously more technical than Brawl. And technical ability can go a long way in making less mistakes and creating mixups. And Brawl is more read-oriented and obviously being able to read your opponent is important in any fighting game as well. If only people could sit down and look at the what they can learn from other fighters.
Indeed! If anything, Brawl really taught me how to be more patient in Melee, how to space better, and how to be safer in general and Melee kinda slowed down Brawl for me, in a sense. It also showed me the true significance of TC's in this game. So many people think that DDD suffers badly whenever he can't CG a char, but that doesn't mean jack in the grand scheme of things. Learn2TechChase! I know that we're all Melee Marths deep down inside! :awesome:

Of course, both games helped me out a ton in Project M. :)

Playing Brawl makes you good at marvel because it lets you mindgame the hell out of people.

Playing Marvel makes you good at brawl because its like everything is moving in slow motion and you can react to/punish everything.
So true! The two helped each other in my mind sooooo much! :bee:

I personally prefer to not play melee because I use custom controls in brawl and it really screws me up trying to do melee when I'm used to the x button being grab. I just feel so stupid when I dash up to someone and then just hop in the face for no reason. Looks pretty funny though.
OMG, this exact same thing happens to me in reverse! I JC grab all the time in Melee, but then I instinctively do it in Brawl and I end up jumping and air dodging right in front of my opponent. I even did it during a CG once. We all just broke down laughing. :awesome: I also end up trying to SHFFL things until I've had ample time to switch myself fully from one to the other. :facepalm:

Dedede Boards:

*requests to be the MU panel*

*doesn't respond when thread is made*

:088:
Well I'm there now! :smirk:

bubbaking

Smash Hero
And ICs! I honestly have an easier time fighting MK than I do ICs. So many people play MK that you have to know the MU, and there are a lot of dumb ones too, and they don't kill you off of one mistake. ICs, though, they get to be dumb as much as they want, but if they get just one grab, it's over. I almost lost to a scrub ICs player just because he knew the 'infinite'. Like I'd destroy his stock, but then he'd land a lucky grab and he'd take my stock. It was all he knew how to do. I'm so glad I won, though. Woulda been sooooo pissed if I lost that game... :facepalm:

Edit: When I say scrub, I mean, this guy was a competitive casual. Guy was so awestruck that I knew how to CG with the char with the easiest CGs in the game. Still, he knew how to CG with ICs and it was so stupid. He also knew the Sopo CG, but that didn't help him too much.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
I will say that the way DDD swings his hammer for his side throws is an invaluable tool in this MU. If you grab one, throw him/her into the other one. They can't really punish it like they would against other characters because DDD's throw hitbox covers a good sizable area and it has low lag.

Edit: Or you could do the better thing and throw him/her away from the other one so that you've now separated them. Theorycrafting now, but perhaps you could separate them with one throw and begin CGing the other. Once the first one has caught up to you, throw the second into him/her.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Vex needs to chill a little bit with all that extra boldness.

also, when you f throw ICs, its not really throwing them intoeach other as much as it is just hitting both of them when you swing the hammer for the throw
#nitpick.

AtotheZ

Smash Lord
I prefer PS1 with dedede

And yes, swallow does do a number on oli, you can actually swallow his second jump in recovery and spit him out below the stage, and if he doesn't have enough pikmin he's as good as dead. Oli is still incredibly hard but we do have some trixies on him.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
man, if I had a Brawl right now, I'd make all kinds of Stage experiments, including gimmicks on PS2's Ice and Electric phases....

Top Bottom