• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Are there things/places you guys can't do/go to because you associate them with bad memories?

Examples aren't necessary at all. Just collecting data.

:phone:
i met my boyfriend at a brawl tournament and after he left me i considered quitting and could no longer play any of my favourite video games that we had played together

but we got back together so it's not an issue anymore :cool:

Bobwithlobsters

Smash Journeyman
How does the ice climbers matchup go? I haven't had the blessing of playing it at a high level and so have no idea what makes it so difficult. How does one play that matchup and what should I be watching out for as ddd?

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
The MU is difficult because Dedede has no reliable way of getting inside of ICs and separating them that isn't extremely telegraphed or risky.

Like Blizzard Wall is generally an overrated tactic vs most characters but its's pretty useful for keeping Dedede out. We CAN beat it with D/F Smash but time it wrong and well...yeah.

Be super wary of Ice Block frame traps, especially when you land. Don't allow yourself to be caught up by Nana doing an Ice Block just to get grabbed by Popo.

In this MU, you have to take a lot more risks than you may be accustomed to doing. Grabbing ICs works pretty well if you can land it. F-Throw is awesome in this MU because it's very quick and gets out IC out of there very easily. We **** solo ICs.

Swallow is also useful but if you Swallow Nana it can get you punished. It's a move you'll want to use sparingly and only when you're sure you'll get something from it.

Look out for Up-Air as well. Naturally, people want to try to stay in the air for approaches but Dedede's air speed is ****. So it's not that effective. Especially when ICs broken *** Up-Air. Our Dair CAN separate them, but its telegraphed. You have to be creative when you use that move.

You just have to constantly mix up your approaches until you find opening. You can't stay on platforms the whole match, and you don't want to stay ground for long period of time either. You have to stay on your toes. I also just take small punishes with F-Tilt here and there. You can hit Nana with it, fairly easily. Eventually, when Nana is at a significantly higher percent that Popo, you can take advantage of that.

PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT YOU HIT NANA WITH. TRACK HER PERCENT MENTALLY IF YOU CAN.

It's a really frustrating and draining MU.

Zekeishere

Smash Ace
Hey everyone. I'm MMing Jtails and Ikon for $100 each at Apex. With MK, ICs, Olimar, And Falco banned. Haha you all should come check it out and offer moral support.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
It looks like a Brawl how-to for low level players. I believe that section was explaining DI, stale moves, and possibly tumble state.
Possibily, I thought there could be something more involved though, as it looks like Mario and Fox were DI'ing...

What you said also makes sense, as ワンパターン literally says "One Pattern"...

Xubble

Smash Ace
I'm confused by Mario and Fox hardly getting (proportional) knockback from Ike's fsmash. 70% and only going about 3/4 length across FD?

Was fsmash completely staled? Is there some magic sourspot I don't know of?

Also, I've been playing the beta for PlayStation All-Stars. Parappa is very fun. But ****ing Kratos is ****ing everywhere. Like, he builds up his supers so fast with such little effort. And EVERYONE plays him. If there's one in a FFA, that's tolerable. But I almost always see two per match.

Nevertheless, outside the lag and Kratos BS, it's a really fun game.

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
Depending on the stage. It can vary from a +3 to a +1.
On FD or Sv it should be a +2/3 and on BF it'd be a +1.

The more platforms Wario has around him, the easier time he has running away.
But, even then.. The Mu should be incredibly difficult for Wario since he has trouble safely spacing on D3's shield because of the Grab range, U-Tilt and Bair ( For cross ups or if D3 approaches for some reason ).

White91

Smash Apprentice
Maybe I should just not approach anymore then. Cause when I play against croi's wario he's always flyin around and junk

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
The matchup can be in Wario's favor if you have more variated stages.
It is a big pain for us in Norfair, Brinstar and RC (and other even more uncommon stages), but it is a pain ofr him in almost every regular starter stage.

Bobwithlobsters

Smash Journeyman
The matchup can be in Wario's favor if you have more variated stages.
It is a big pain for us in Norfair, Brinstar and RC (and other even more uncommon stages), but it is a pain ofr him in almost every regular starter stage.
But on the opposit side we love silly stages because walk offs and walls.

On a different note, I'm planning on going to apex this year but my scene is super dead in minnesota and was wondering if anyone had advice on how to get some practice in this situation.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
If we take the only stages with walkoffs are Delfino, Siege, Distant Planet and YI:M, a good Wario would always ban YI:M (if he does not, he may have a plan), would never be grabbed towards the walkoff on Planet nor Siege, but Delfino has one or two transformations that may be pretty bad for him.

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
Actually..
Delfino has...
3-4 Walk off transformations.
But yeah, you shouldn't be approach Wario much unless you want to pressure him.
If he does approach you, you can always time an instant pivot grab to **** his approach.

White91

Smash Apprentice
Its not that easy....
Also if you take them to dalfino on the walk off transitions they just jump around a lot more, and try not to get grabbed extra carefully

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
@Pokemastr: yeah, but most of them has a pit or many platforms so Wario is pretty safe.
I'm pretty sure the only problematic transformation for him is the one of the Stairs.

Bobwithlobsters

Smash Journeyman
Having the stage force the wario to play on platforms allows you a lot more options though. It is so nice to have the stage limit options for you. Delfino has always been my favorite stage as ddd for that reason. except vs mk because mk...

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
Oh. I wasn't talking about why Delfino would be good for us. I was only stating how many it had.
Sorry for not being clear.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I honestly think Delfino is one of the stages that helps Wario camp, but is not very good for him. Matchup is probably +1 for DDD there (very winnable for Wario) because many platforms are too low and many transformations force him to go grounded.

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
Now you get to see how to beat him.

I should have said..
"Beating Croi 101; Coney style".

SoulPech

Smash Master
i met my boyfriend at a brawl tournament and after he left me i considered quitting and could no longer play any of my favourite video games that we had played together

but we got back together so it's not an issue anymore :cool:
Must be a woman thing. If I broke up with a lady friend and if I wasn't looking for another one, I would double the video gaming on my favorite games.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Must be a woman thing. If I broke up with a lady friend and if I wasn't looking for another one, I would double the video gaming on my favorite games.

Any game I hadn't played with him before was fine. There were only a couple of my faves I couldn't touch anymore.

****, I even considered dropping my Brawl main. (Probably should have done that anyway.)

Top Bottom