• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
I can't technically add anyone so I'm looking at who's interested first. I see Xubble and White so far. Looking at D3 mains first.
Yo, I've been to quite a few tournaments and have played frequently with the likes of top and high level players. John12346, one of the best Lucarios in NA right now, is actually one of my regular training buddies. Perhaps I could get a shot at speaking on this panel? :p

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
I had a dream and Tech Chase was in it, but he was 7'3" and made me feel very tiny.
He was afraid to accept the fact of being 7'3" which prevented him from going outside.
He then proceeded to walk through walls non destructively.

Hoejja

Smash Apprentice
my friend who mains g&w and i are wondering what the matchup is ( against 3D). i believe it's even, he really thinks it's +1 for DDD, but i guess it's because i often beat him.
What do you guys think of this matchup?

Hoejja

Smash Apprentice
But DDD's ground is very solid, with his grabs et shield and front tilt, in the air gaw has an advantage but it's hard to get there with ddd, and still, the penguin's backairs are strong. Plus gaw is very weak and dies around 90/100 with a utilt, DDD doesnt till 150 at least.
:o

White91

Smash Apprentice
Nah, gaw kills way earlier then that. And up tilting gaw is hard but that's def the only plus

:phone:

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I will be deciding this week who will be on the Dedede panel for the MU chart. Right now its myself, Big D and Pamuyo. So I will selecting two non BBR members to fill the remaining spots. I'm looking for the best balance of knowledge, activity (lol) and experience. So I'll be deciding later on during the week. If you have not inquired (bubba and Poke I saw you too) and are interested please do. There is a small chance I may only select one or none of you. I am only required to have three on my panel. But of course if I think someone would be an asset, why not add them?

Just an update.

Also even Dedede dies to GW Smashes much earlier than 150 unless they're stale as ****.

GW juggles us really good and can outclass us in the air. We have to generally stay grounded to win. Back air is OKAY. Like with Bucket Brake you can still pretend to.a middleweight vs plus it'll be stale by killing time anyway. Up Tilt isn't easy to land on GW when they're spacing right and not being reckless.

We **** your ground game and our main punishes Back Throw and Back Air can keep you honest. Forward Air is good in this MU too. But our best kill move is easily telegraphed and baited. This MU is gay as Dedede.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I hate it that GW juggles us hard if we try to land quickly, and if he Uairs when we're jumping it pushes us a mile up and he can continue juggling.

White91

Smash Apprentice
Agree with tc 100% with gaw. Tech vhasing is also a pain against gaw cause he just parachutes away

Attila the Hun

Smash Ace
NNID
Aedrenaline
3DS FC
2208-4906-7922
Agree with tc 100% with gaw. Tech vhasing is also a pain against gaw cause he just parachutes away

But G&W's roll is arguably the worst in the game. xD

I can see why you guys would think it's annoying, though. Personally, when I play against you, White, I have trouble against shieldgrab and bair the most. We've mainly only played in dubs though, and that's a completely different game.

White91

Smash Apprentice
When gaw rolls away he can up b after and its pretty hard to re grab when he does. You don't do that

Xubble

Smash Ace
His air game beats ours, his fair is really good for gimping, and he'll juggle us to no end.

BUT

We dominate the ground, our tilt range is unmatched, and all of his kills moves are slow smashes (except for fair at the ledge).

The MU ends up being our ground game vs. his air game. It all revolves around who succeeds in approaching.

ZTD | TECHnology

Killing with BThrow either means your opponent has the worst DI ever or your failing terribly with D3. Either way somebody is being dumb..lol

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
:( It's happened before... I grabbed John12346 at the left side of SV (facing right). He may have been expecting the CG but I just bthrew him and it KO'd him. He was around 180%, I think. I just extrapolated that it might work on G&W around 160% (accounting for bucket breaking) but I've never actually tried so I don't know. I've gotten a lot more bthrow kills on SV's moving platform, though (when it's close to the applicable blastzone).

ZTD | TECHnology

I mean afformentioned situations like what you listed do happen.

But they're rare and he died due to not DIng properly from it sounds like. That supports my statement lmao.

Also wtf why you letting Lucario live that long when we have a freebie kill on him 50% sooner lol.

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
Yeah, D3's B-Throw doesn't even kill Luigi at 250% when Di'd Properly.
D3's best kill throw is.. U-Throw at 260% or something, depending on the character.

ZTD | TECHnology

Yeah B Throw is really just a simple low risk, moderate reward punish that often takes precedence in MUs where we can't CG. And of course, good for when we need to get *****es out ouf space and off stage.

ZTD | TECHnology

Yo it looks like he's trying to play volleyball when he UThrows.

But like seriously, just about any situation you would want to use that move, there's practically always a better option.

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
You can always use it to end a CG to set them into the air for a trap if they're terrible in the air/ have a hard time landing.
Such as Snake.

ZTD | TECHnology

The objective to get the Snake off the stage though. If he's off stage, he's in the air as well. And he's in a far worse position than what you could do by Up-Throwing him. Like MAYBE on another character it's an occasional mixup but like...you can Back Air Snake from D-throw, you can Down-Tilt him, you could just Down-Throw him at the ledge and put him a potentially stock costing situation.

I'm not saying U-Throw can't ever be used effectively but that particular character is a bad example lol.

EDIT: Ninja'ed by White.

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
He's the only character I have fun juggling.
Except Bowser.
But he doesn't leave the ground if I grab him.
Waha.

| Big D |

Smash Master
Here's what I do.

Left thumb on analog. Right index finger on the y button. Right thumb on Cstick.

Tap in the direction you are dthrowing.

Press Y then quickly hit up on the cstick.

Top Bottom