• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

Xubble

Smash Ace
I get the feeling Blizzard completely screws D3 over except against ftilt. I'm not sure how you're supposed to throw in a fsmash anywhere. :\

Like I said, never played the MU. TEACH ME!!

Exdeath

Smash Master
I get the feeling Blizzard completely screws D3 over except against ftilt. I'm not sure how you're supposed to throw in a fsmash anywhere. :\

Like I said, never played the MU. TEACH ME!!
If you know that the next climber is going to perform a rising Down B, react to the first's ending and walk up>Dsmash. Fsmash doesn't work on flat terrain unless they approach with it.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
you throw it into your pressure strings when you have them on the ropes. or at a time where they have a hard time reacting to it. and you can use f smash and down b to kill nana when shes seperated

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Go for it~

Last MU thread I made died horribly.

"I WANT TO DO OLIMAR"

>makes olimar thread
>2 people post

~Fin~

Then I got busy and stuff, so yeah.

Still my fault, but w/e.

| Big D |

Smash Master
Anyone recommend me any good Dedede's theme remixes?

Edit: The Return to Dreamland one is pretty good, probably going to use that one.

White91

Smash Apprentice
f throw is beast against ics, it separates them all to hell. and i'm with that kid fella about fsmash, it usually ****s up nana if they do try and power shield. that being said it is still a bs matchup/maybe his worst. i think pikachu is god awful too, harder then mk and probably olimar. staying on platforms doesnt help as much as you would think, you really cant do much of anything.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I guess I'd throw them depending on the situation or the grabbed climber. For example, if I grab Nana and the Popo is close, I'd Fthrow as it is much faster than Bthrow. If I grab Popo I'd Bthrow him and Fsmash the Nana that's mindlessly going after him.

Xubble

Smash Ace
I'm wondering how Sopo does against D3. We CAN chaingrab him, but Sopo should never be underestimated (dat fair and dthrow). How long can he dthrow CG us?

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
f throw is beast against ics, it separates them all to hell. and i'm with that kid fella about fsmash, it usually ****s up nana if they do try and power shield. that being said it is still a bs matchup/maybe his worst. i think pikachu is god awful too, harder then mk and probably olimar. staying on platforms doesnt help as much as you would think, you really cant do much of anything.
I'll cosign to the statement about Fthrow. Quick animation throws are beast vs ICs.

Pikachu is nowhere near the level of BS as MK and Oli though. Strongly disagree lol

And I also disagree with ICs being our hardest. Its god awful but I think MK, Oli and possibly Diddy are worse.

Xubble

Smash Ace
MK is just safe always no matter what he does (besides land nado next to us, durr). Diddy and Olimar completely tear apart our ground game and make us stick to the air (where we're slow as balls and vulnerable). ICs also hurt our ground game, but they're so vulnerable themselves that separation could break their game apart.

I think Diddy's our worst, followed right by the other three.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I just realised why i have such weird ideas on ddds matchups.

I never mained ddd, i always played him on the side. And whenever i played him against CGable characters i would get tunnel vision and only go for grabs and lose. So then i just started only playing him against characters I couldnt CG and i actually got pretty good at those matchups cus i actually had to try and learn the character.

Plus, i fought entirely too many pikachus, so i know that matchup with every character lol

People used to ask my advice on ddd vs ics and i would just say forward everything.
F tilt, f throw, fair, f smash were the keys in the matchup. If you catch them off stage, nana will eat like 4 fairs in a row. F tilt outranges their everything, your grab beats their grab. Ddd in general gains ALOT from reading his opponent and grabbing them pre emptively. The majority of characters in this game have to go inside his grab range before they can even attack.

:phone:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
MK is just safe always no matter what he does (besides land nado next to us, durr). Diddy and Olimar completely tear apart our ground game and make us stick to the air (where we're slow as balls and vulnerable). ICs also hurt our ground game, but they're so vulnerable themselves that separation could break their game apart.

I think Diddy's our worst, followed right by the other three.
MK has actually some common unsafe moves against DDD's range, like Fair and Fsmash, and has trouble landing a non-glideattack or Dair kill (Dsmash is so laggy if missed and Shuttle Loop would most likely never kill against a DDD who's expecting it).
And neither Dair camping or Tornado Spam are very effective.

Aside from that, MK can punish pretty much everthing DDD does on reaction.... Is a very annoying, very difficult MU... But not as demoralizing as Olimar...

ZTD | TECHnology

Both retreating Fair and perfectly spaced F-Smash are relatively safe against Dedede unless we powershield them but even perfectly spaced F-Smash is still gay in you're in a neutral position.

I love it when MK's overdo the Dair camping though. Powershield that **** and Up-Tilt....its gratifying lol.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Depends.
If the MK is trying to wall with them, DDD can attack after each.
Though if they are for punish, as I said, is what really destroys the MU.
IMHO

| Big D |

Smash Master
Brb switching mains.

I really like the Diddy MU, one of my favorite MUs. Olimar isn't really bad, ftilt does wonders. We juggle him for days and his kills are predictable.

MK ICs tho.

(I beat junk in the ditto in pools so I'll replace him)

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I wish I could be more helpful with the DDD talk, but apparently my only job is to rage when people talk about stages :c

ZTD | TECHnology

Mainly based off on notable contributions to the community. It can be to the entire community itself, your scene, your character (or in my case all of those). However, top level players with little contributions have gotten into the BBR because of their expertise and knowledge of the game as a whole.

Also if the BBR lacks representatives from a specific character, that also increases your chances.

Being a notable TO also helps.

I pretty much had everything but the top level player thing going for me when I applied the 2nd time.

C.J.

Smash Master
I had... One of those. Probably the least important one of them as well. Tech forgot that you could just be super awesome to the point everyone loves you

:phone:

4GOD (JJV)

Smash Apprentice
But what if IC's just sit there and shield the fsmash? Don't they have enough time after the shield stun to run and grab you? Or does their traction suck that bad?

If I'm gonna fsmash at all, I dont think I'd do it when Nana is at low percent. Chances are itll miss Popo but get Nana (probably sourspot). Then Popo will usually chaingrab me to the end of the stage, and if Nana is at low %, she'll have time to get in Popo's range for the infinite before he finishes his chaingrab. I just lost my stock

Top Bottom