• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
I actually just started watching Samurai Champloo.

And I actually went to A smashfest today. Man it feels good to get back to being smooth in this game. I got this by Apex.

I'm teaming with Pink Fresh btw so I'll mostly be using G&W for doubles.

:phone:
I'm actually more comfortable with DDD lol.

Buuuuuuuuuttttttttttttttttttt whatever floats your boat O:

YES ZAK, I BETRAYED YOU.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
iLove was a pretty good DDD I met at Pound V. But I've never heard of him prior, and I never heard of him post.
this.

He was in my pool. as a matter of fact he was the one who got me out of pools.

He beat hylian which gave me first seed, and if he had lost to him I would have had 4th seed and not made it out.

I rooted for him relentlessly for the rest of the tournament.

All I know is that hes from North carolina

Xubble

Smash Ace
So I requested the Jan 6-8 off from work.

All that stands between me and Apex is parental consent. Shouldn't be an issue since I can pull the "I'm 20 and I do what I want" card if opposition is met.

Soooooooo it looks like I WILL be at Apex. :dedede:

I see you lurking, Goggles. We'll see what will come of our MM. >:D

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
So I requested the Jan 6-8 off from work.

All that stands between me and Apex is parental consent. Shouldn't be an issue since I can pull the "I'm 20 and I do what I want" card if opposition is met.

Soooooooo it looks like I WILL be at Apex. :dedede:

I see you lurking, Goggles. We'll see what will come of our MM. >:D

There wont be much left of Goggles' since I'm getting first crack at him.

:yeahboi:

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Im sorry tech but I have to play you guys in a specific order.

Xubble and Dirt (if he shows) are first. Than you, than zekey than coney.

Xubble

Smash Ace
My room doesn't have a lock. Ho snap.

Also: Goggles, is that order supposed to go from worst to best?

I know I'm a scrub, but ouch. :(

Xubble

Smash Ace
Unless I manage to take him out. :troll:

I don't think my D3 is THAT bad. I'm sure I could take at least a stock or two off of you.

ZTD | TECHnology

Unless I manage to take him out. :troll:

I don't think my D3 is THAT bad. I'm sure I could take at least a stock or two off of you.
Goggles will be one the most difficult MMs I've had yet, and I usually don't risk a lot of money in MMs but hell....it's Apex. And I think I can win.

Or get timed out trying.lol

But I will not disappoint. Regardless of win or lose.

Get ready Goggles. Only a few weeks left....:bee:

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I mean lets be really real here. If by some twist of fate, I were to money match coney and 2-0 double 2-stock him, would any other ddds money match me?

I have to set it up in a way that even if I win the first 2 or 3, the next 2 or 3 will still believe that they can win.

ZTD | TECHnology

I mean lets be really real here. If by some twist of fate, I were to money match coney and 2-0 double 2-stock him, would any other ddds money match me?

I have to set it up in a way that even if I win the first 2 or 3, the next 2 or 3 will still believe that they can win.
I don't care if you beat Coney, Zekey, Atomsk, 4GOD or any other known and really good Dedede.

We are money matching. It would be distasteful if we didn't after you've been here through my development as a player and my taking over of the D3 boards. Gotta show you, I'm not a scrub. lol

ZTD | TECHnology

its so weird seeing people say that. Its like youre the one person on smashboards that legitamately respects me lol
You grew on me lol. I didn't understand you at ALL when I first started posting. But..most people on Smashboards take the "gruffness" thing like wayyyyy too seriously and personally. I fell into that trap as well.

Then I understood things.

Also.....

LMAO at Aerodrome. I shouldnt have laughed at that...but I did.

Coney

Smash Master
I'm actually more comfortable with DDD lol.

Buuuuuuuuuttttttttttttttttttt whatever floats your boat O:

YES ZAK, I BETRAYED YOU.
u faget

good tho, then we can both get carried by people that play the game more than we do :teeth:

our team takes too much practice and **** man, it's easier to just team with an MK and rake in the wins

I'll MM every DDD in existence with my MK
what a bold and daring challenge

Coney

Smash Master
ofc ofc

i still remember you trolling me when i was playing san @ pound 5

i knew i was gonna get ***** if i played him, lmfao

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
yea yea... whatever, you still won the set right?

and besides you were the one that started it with all that "Ill never lose to an Ike" stuff lol

Coney

Smash Master
yeah i still won the set

and i really don't remember saying that, i actually said the opposite, i was terrified to fight san before that tourney tbh cause i know he's smart as hell

i think you might have me mixed up, i'd never be that confident about a character like ike when i lose to snake and wario all the time, i'm more confident against falco and olimar than i am against ike or DK

i even remember when i found out turning to takeover, a really good friend of mine that uses ike pretty well, and going "well, ****"

Coney

Smash Master
^ Why are you good at our worst MUs and bad at our better ones? lol

Then again, I inherited that same trait from you somehow. lol
playstyle

i never came from a "i want to be the best" mentality, i just came from a basement with friends playing for fun and came to tourneys to **** **** up...so i don't really play as patient or abuse the **** i should in matchups we win because i have a very difficult time shifting my mindset from "have fun and go the **** in" to "play cautious and abuse your advantages"

our bad matchups aren't used to playing someone so careless and unconventional, while our good matchups are so used to punishing our most minute mistakes because they've been conditioned to do so against extremely technical, patient, safe ddds

it only works to a point tho, which is why i can't beat logic anymore

but when i was at my prime i was able to shift between the two mentalities effortlessly because i practiced a ton with omni, its just not something that comes naturally to me

it's the same reason i don't infinite will when we play or anything, i don't really "play to win" i guess

Coney

Smash Master
i'm just very simple, lmfao

i remember the night i realized that b-reverse inhale would be ****ing amazing, i was laying in bed thinking of how to land, since we all know how hard that is, and i came up with it on my own (i'm sure others were doing it before me, but i hadn't seen it at the time)...it caused a HUGE difference in my game

i'm not actually good at the game itself per se, i'm just good at pattern recognition and forcing reactions

one of ddd's best assets is intimidation and people don't use it enough. the guy is ****ing HUGE and his moves are SCARY and grab does ****ING 17% (SOMETIMES). people should know that fear

ZTD | TECHnology

I make things too complicated for myself lol. I like your way of doing things but the more I look at my strengths as a player, the more I realize your style probably doesn't translate that well to me. Like I'm really technical and look at all those tiny metagame things to implement. Hmmm...maybe I have been focusing on the wrong things though.

Although, I've been seeing a pretty steady improvement. And it has been because I've been trying to simplify things so I can "see" more stuff. Reading and pattern recognition was never a big strength of mine so I have to work at it really hard. The tech stuff is extremely easy to me though <_< Everyone is different I guess. God, I should be playing Melee. LOL

And that last line you posted makes total sense lol

Top Bottom