• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

dawall250

Smash Journeyman
soooo, who knows where to get the santa ddd texture? gotta get in the holiday spirit ya know.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I'm worth more than 10 trolls on these boards. The only people who outtroll me are the mods.

Also, OS sucks. Everyone should go hate on him in his ******* threads in Stage Discussion and MW Social.

dawall250

Smash Journeyman
thanks serin, my friend recently got homebrew, so we've been looking for some cool textures for our mains

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Crashic, I never post on SRK. I don't even lurk there much. I learned my ways of trolling from the only true source.

AtotheZ

Smash Lord
You don't even troll good. I haven't seen you impersonate anybody or make fake accounts for doing so. Do something more than "this is what metaknight looks like when he's mad" (insert picture of m2k here)

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I said other people thought you were a bad player and indirectly agreed.

How is THAT not trolling?

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
Okay I've developed a strong theory about Gates. Because Gates has said this more than just one time.
In general Gates will be person "B". If person "A" compliments person "B", the person "B" will feel good about himself because of his quality of being a good troll. Since Gates is person "B" he will feel good, but he'll express his response as "u gay ."
But person "A" who complimented isn't really a gay person. So in conclusion, Gates's way of saying "thank you", is calling the other person gay.

Weird people with psychological disorders these days. I still love you though, no homo.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Okay I've developed a strong theory about Gates. Because Gates has said this more than just one time.
In general Gates will be person "B". If person "A" compliments person "B", the person "B" will feel good about himself because of his quality of being a good troll. Since Gates is person "B" he will feel good, but he'll express his response as "u gay ."
But person "A" who complimented isn't really a gay person. So in conclusion, Gates's way of saying "thank you", is calling the other person gay.

Weird people with psychological disorders these days. I still love you though, no homo.

...no, it means u gay.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
MANAPHY IS OU?

I mean, without Kyorge as a consistent rain supporter to make Manaphy broken I can kind of see where they're going, but it's still making me rage.

I can already see teams starting up:

Electrode
Manaphy
Kingdra
Ludicolo
Swampert
Latias

inb4 "this team is terrible", it's pretty obvious I don't know anything about making Rain Dance teams.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Any idea for sets yet Alby? The rain stall will still be super good, with rain dance in place of ice beam. Only Gengar and Gyardose counter it truly.

Tail glow set doesn't exactly work the same without Kyogre support.

But personally, I'm going to run this:
Well then, I'll go ahead and post how Cuteloom fits with Manaphy as well as my proposed Manaphies

@Damp Rock
252 HP / 216 Atk / 40 Spe
Adamant
Rain Dance
Waterfall
U-turn
Rest

Now, why this Manaphy? Its so. . . odd. This takes advantage of Manaphy in an unconventional way, but a very effective way I believe. One of the problems proposed with Manaphy was the 4 move syndrome, but that's an assumption taken from sets that worked in Ubers, sets that relied on Kyorgre support. This set, however, works around those limitations, making Manaphy run on its own with out the Uber support. If you see a Latias, U-turn for the hills, bring in a counter. If you didn't do it off of prediction, you will eat a Grass Knot, but it’s not something you will die off of thankfully. However, that's where you bring out Kingdra, or other swift swimmers. The EV spread also allows Manaphy to do some damage herself. Another boost this receives is the ability to switch in against those pesky status Pokémon and shut down their attempts at sleep or paralysis.

So, what we get is a Manaphy who still is able to hit hard, though not as hard as her Tail Glow set, a manaphy that is able to support her team with rain dance and as a status absorber, gets a nifty U-turn setup, all the while retaining her main feature, instant healed Rest.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
What the ****

They actually made that thing OU? I thought it was a joke. x.x Well...I know who's gonna be the new water Pokemon on my team. Sorry Empoleon.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Empoleon actually counters Manaphy xD

I think this is just what OU needs. Its been so stagnant for months now. BO everywhere o-o

T3h Albino

Smash Master
My old RD team

Electrode
Latias
Zapdos
Ludicolo
Kingdra
Gyrados

My new RD team
Electrode
Manaphy
Latias
Zapdos
Gyrados
Kingdra

I regret losing Ludicolo but it had to be done. ;3
TAIL GLOW TOO ****ING GOOD.

@Crashic- The standard works best for my team since I just lost my Ludicolo

Manaphy @ leftovers
80hp, 252 sp att, 176spe
Timid
Tail Glow,Grass Knot,Surf,Rest

Im kind of torn by the fact that it gets walled by sally, but that's alright kuz i've got gyrados and kingdra *who outspeeds in rain*
I can see this team wrecking other RD teams *I run hp elec on my kingdra ;3*

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Crashic, with a defensive EV spread, a stalling Manaphy won't be cracked by Gengar or Gyarados. If it's running Rain Dance itself it'll lose to anything fast with Taunt or anything that resists whatever its few moves are (since it will only have 1 or 2 depending on what it packs besides RD and Rest). Gengar and Gyara both fit into the first category but most people run aggressive LO Gengars or Choiced/Lead Gengars with Trick instead of Taunt and while Taunt isn't rare for Gyara to have it is declining in popularity. If anything, the best counter to this kind of Manaphy is TrickSpecs Rotom-C (or any Rotom-A) since it knows Trick to lock up Manaphy's moves, and has access to Thunder to OHKO which, if scarfed, will kill Manaphy before it even has time to prepare for a Trick (Rotom-C also has Leaf Storm which is probably a better option as a whole since it's not rain-dependent, although if you use it once you're pretty much not going to use it again). If it's not running Rain Dance itself, you can just DMG it with a staller (Blissey or something) and kill it once the rain stops.

Alby's team is very gay btw. And I mean that as a compliment Alby.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
@Crashic- The standard works best for my team since I just lost my Ludicolo
If you are running Rain Dance and Rest, its not going to work in OU. Vaporeon will stop you if you don't have grass knot. Latias will stop you if you don't have ice beam. Make a choice.

As for the rest of your team. CB Tyranitar CS Latias both destroy most of it.

also-
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=8995539&postcount=31

Gates

Banned via Warnings
The rest of his team covers Latias really well and if his Zapdos is running HP Grass he can hit Vaporeon too.

And what does TTar do besides a temporary weather change hazard?

And how's this for a Gayphy:

Manaphy @ Leftovers
252 HP/252 Def/4 SpD
Calm Nature
Calm Mind
Rain Dance
Rest
Toxic/Thunder/Surf/Water Pulse

Loses to Steels with Toxic, Grounds with Thunder, Vaporeon with Surf and Water Pulse, Water Pulse is piss-weak in terms of damage, and nothing else will get Rain Dance boosts.

Other than that I think it's solid.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
The only thing threatening Latias and Tyranitar is a swift swim Kingdra. Everything else Latias and/or Tyranitar will destroy. Latias will suck up the Thunder, then hit back with a rain boosted surf to the thunder pokemon, hit Kingdra with a Dragon Pulse while the rain storm is down, and that Kingdra best be a mix sweeper, which I doubt it is since I'm willing to bet he wants to give it Rain Storm.

TTar destroys Zapdose and GDose and Latias

Gates

Banned via Warnings
TTar destroys GDose
I lol'd.

With the right spread a Leftovers Gyara can even have time to boost before killing a Choice TTar. DDTar is a different story, but Choice at least it can handle.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Let's assume like 75 percent of all battles Seatlh rock is on the field, which he has no way to stop in his team. (as a side note, why can't Electrode learn rapid spin dammnit, what **** head made the decision that balls can't spin)

By a NON CHOICE BAND TYRANITAR MITH MAXED OUT ATTACK- Gdose is dead in one hit.

On the other side of the field, there are no stealth rocks because there are no stealth rock users.
Tyranitar switches in, Tyranitar gets rid of the rain storm with his ability.

Now, on this turn, GDose is going first.
Gdose can hit with waterfall for 81-95 damage TO A NO HP NO DEFENSE EVD TTAR AFTER ONE DRAGON DANCE BOOST FROM GDOSE
Ttar kills you with Stone Edge.
/end

Top Bottom