• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

CO18

Smash Hero
lol id play nothing but d3 dittos if i could. ugh I wish I had time to play more right now, getting mad rusty.

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
Was probably to make fun of me when i switched to wolf. Funny thing is I still did better then he ever did.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Yes, because I go to so many tournaments and have as much experience as you.

Seriously Beef, why are you forward throwing D3? Downthrow to down tilt.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
dtilt is better saved for a killing move then for damage in my experience, utilts are getting harder to land every day and bairs are usually stale. dtilt usually does the job well, especially in d3 dittos where you have a guaranteed setup into it i find it's better to save it.

but i'm not a d3 main, just a secondary (though I did win a tourney with d3 last month :D /gloat) so I could be wrong

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Stop acting like you do then.
And I do this by repeating stuff that Seibrik says?????
And there still is no reason to forward throw DDD after a chain grab when you can downtilt him.

especially in d3 dittos where you have a guaranteed setup into it i find it's better to save it.
Thankfully, the chain grab helps in killing, so if you plan to kill off of it, it doesn't really matter. You down throw-pummel, and do for at the least 2 times and you've just unstalled your downtilt by at least 4 moves, and I'd be surprised if I ever saw a D3s downtilt that stale xD

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
Seriously Beef, why are you forward throwing D3? Downthrow to down tilt.
Because I want to save down tilt for the kill. But then again, I would be doing a bunch of chaingrabs/pummels so it would probably be fresh by then. I guess I could do a down tilt once, only early in percents.
I'll just be switching off between both, forgot about that, but I'm sure that combo would pop up in my head during gameplay, thanks.

If we didn't kill the opposing King Dedede, the percent difference between the down tilt combo and a forward throw isn't too much.
A previously used down throw = 5-6%ish? + Down Tilt 10%
Compared to a 12% forward throw. It's meh. I'll do both options during gameplay.

AtotheZ

Smash Lord
And I do this by repeating stuff that Seibrik says?????
And there still is no reason to forward throw DDD after a chain grab when you can downtilt him.
Dtilt puts them in a favorable recovery position, don't think so stale, you can do many things after dthrow that would work since they are expecting dtilt. fthrow can apply more damage depending on how stale dtilt/dthrow is too IIRC.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
yeah but crash if you're getting as many cgs as you assume your getting then your dtilt will stale anyway just from continual use lol. so if you dtilt every time then :(. if you dtilt only at low %s that's a good idea.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Wouldn't pummel releasing them off the edge be the best thing since it puts them so far down?

Or better yet you could, idk, DO THE LEDGE INFINITE.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
fthrow can apply more damage depending on how stale dtilt/dthrow is too IIRC.
assuming they are all at maximum stale moves (which is impossible since you are using 3 moves, down throw, pummel, and forward throw

pummel- 1
down throw- 4
down tilt- 5-6

at 100 percent stale (impossible, they are going to do 10-11 damage. That's 2 less than a fresh forward throw. Since this situation will never happen, down throw to down tilt will always do more damage.

Wouldn't pummel releasing them off the edge be the best thing since it puts them so far down?
Does he really? I've never tried to pummel release a D3, only the space animals.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
yeah but crash if you're getting as many cgs as you assume your getting then your dtilt will stale anyway just from continual use lol. so if you dtilt every time then :(. if you dtilt only at low %s that's a good idea.
He's pretty much following up what I mean. So in conclusion, we can do chaingrabs, then a down tilt only at low percents, maybe 0-50%, then save it for the kill at around 160%. We can do other options while in the process of the 50-160 range like forward throwing, grab releasing [hoping you'll get a pummel break, it's by controller input of both players], a last down throw to forward tilt, or down throw to an aerial followup [if you can mindgame them into it].
Settled.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
assuming they are all at maximum stale moves (which is impossible since you are using 3 moves, down throw, pummel, and forward throw

pummel- 1
down throw- 4
down tilt- 5-6

at 100 percent stale (impossible, they are going to do 10-11 damage. That's 2 less than a fresh forward throw. Since this situation will never happen, down throw to down tilt will always do more damage.
That's a good argument, but it's not solid. You left out one thing. Killing.
We have to add killing into this situation, by saving a single move. Down tilt kills at earlier percents than forward throw, assuming both are fresh.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
D3 boards hate each other, holy smokes!
Nah, this comes and goes. If you read our boards, you'd see if go off and on. We don't really have much D3 to talk about, so this happens at times, with the attack puppets being: CRASHiC, Serin, Celebi, Alby, and a times other random bistandards.

That's a good argument, but it's not solid. You left out one thing. Killing.
We have to add killing into this situation, by saving a single move. Down tilt kills at earlier percents than forward throw.
I'd guess I'd need more D3 doubles to get an accurate picture of this, watched or played with the infintie banned. (I've never seen any infinie banned D3 double) It would all come down to how it was best played. Like, if people camped the edges and platforms, then yeah, but if it went the way of one of Seibrik's and Co18's ditto of run up, spot dodge, grab, then you would get plenty of forward throws and pummels to keep it fresh. Just 3 grabs/pummels brings it back to a kill move, and at higher percents you can do two pummels per grab.

Anyone know the perfect approach to this matchup? Co18, where you at?

God **** fogo is huge./this is known.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Crashic, you and Celebi deserve it.

Serin only deserves it sometimes.

idk why Alby gets attacked tho, he's a good guy.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Celebi's just a troll, Serin's 14, and .Zip just loves bustin Alby's balls but I don't know why other people join in some time. Its like they see two people smackin each others ***** so they jump in and smack their ***** too. Seing .Zip and Puma bust Alby's balls I'm fine with, but the others start and its just creepy.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Zip, Alby, and Puma are all old friends from the same region, so it barely counts.

Your metaphors make me want to throw up.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, I've been changing the mouth a lot from time to time. I don't think anyone's noticed though.

Hopefully I'll get a santa hat on mine soon.

Top Bottom