• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DC vs. Marvel: Infinity Crisis

D

Deleted member

e0afd23e7ed02e00091e42064f28d9e4.jpg

Cosmic Ghost Rider
I don't know anything about this character other than its apparently Frank Castle with the powers of Ghost Rider and the Silver Surfer and carries baby Thanos on his back. He'd be the same, though maybe his super could involve his guns, as he rides in on his big space bike, complete with baby Thanos.

All-New_Ghost_Rider_Vol_1_2_Smith_Variant_Textless.jpg

Robbie Reyes

The newer Rider. Would be the same, though his level 2 would use his car.

Wanted to do a Carter Slade alt but we have a Cowboy based alt already

Thanos_Comic_Version.jpg

Defualt

Annihilation

1074601-cosmic_powers_unlimited_01___silver_surfer_page_16_image_0001-720x1132.jpg

Farmer

Secret Wars

Infinity War

Shirtless

Thanos_What_If..._1.02_infobox.png

What If

Thanos_(Earth-TRN666)_from_Thanos_Vol_2_13_001.jpg

King Thanos

Zatanna:
Zatanna Zatara has allways been a talented magic user. But when exposed to the magic of the other world, she unlocked power she never even knew she had. She starts to train under Doctor Strange, who sees potential in her, even considering her for the position of Sorcereress Superime should he retire. She has even taken on an apprentice of her own, Nico Minoru.

Captian Marvel:
Captian Marvel helped save the world., providing herself as both a hero and a leader. We hear this as a recap as Carol is seen in her living room with a blue Lantern Ring floating before her, telling her she has been chosen. We then see Blue Lantern Captain Marvel in battle with Ronan the Accuser.

Ultimate Spider-Man:
Miles Morales has grown a lot. From first teaming up with Spider-Man to helping the heroes of both worlds defeat Thanoseid. But he never forgets to stick up for the little guy. He ends up meeting Virgil Hawkins, also known as Static. The two bond over their street level origins, and Staic introduces him to some of his friends like Rocket and Icon. Together they team up to protect the streets, as we see them take on Tobias Whale

Last edited by a moderator:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Classic
Annihilation Conquest
1663025407796.png
King Thanos
Punisher
Poison
Farmer
Infinity War
Default (New 52)
Classic
1663027428906.png
Rebirth
Final Crisis
Injustice
Apokolips War
Odyssey
The End
Ghost Rider Premier Costumes:
1663028215954.png
Cosmic Ghost Rider (Frank Castle)
Who said that we can't have The Punisher in the base game?...well maybe he doesn't look like the usual...nor has the same personality but hey! Is still a win right?​

While the Cosmic Ghost Rider not only has potential for a different
Level 3 but for an entire moveset being honest, I think Penance Stare is a very solid Level 3 for any Spirit of Vengeance so it would be the same. Oh and of course it would use his own bike for the Level 2.
All New Ghost Rider (Robbie Reyes)
Robbie Reyes is (afaik) the current Ghost Rider, I think it would be very cool to include him especially since it was very liked since his introductions-​

While his Level 3 would be the same, in his Level 2 "Spirit of Vengeance"
it would make use of his car instead, while this could sound difficult considering that this is a 2(.5)D fighting game I think the frontal part of the car could be fixed for match the bike's hitbox.

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
View attachment 360721
Cosmic Ghost Rider
I don't know anything about this character other than its apparently Frank Castle with the powers of Ghost Rider and the Silver Surfer and carries baby Thanos on his back. He'd be the same, though maybe his super could involve his guns, as he rides in on his big space bike, complete with baby Thanos.

View attachment 360720
Robbie Reyes

The newer Rider. Would be the same, though his level 2 would use his car.

Wanted to do a Carter Slade alt but we have a Cowboy based alt already

View attachment 360729
Defualt

Annihilation

View attachment 360724
Farmer

Secret Wars

Infinity War

Shirtless

View attachment 360725
What If

View attachment 360722
King Thanos

Zatanna:
Zatanna Zatara has allways been a talented magic user. But when exposed to the magic of the other world, she unlocked power she never even knew she had. She starts to train under Doctor Strange, who sees potential in her, even considering her for the position of Sorcereress Superime should he retire. She has even taken on an apprentice of her own, Nico Minoru.

Captian Marvel:
Captian Marvel helped save the world., providing herself as both a hero and a leader. We hear this as a recap as Carol is seen in her living room with a blue Lantern Ring floating before her, telling her she has been chosen. We then see Blue Lantern Captain Marvel in battle with Ronan the Accuser.

Ultimate Spider-Man:
Miles Morales has grown a lot. From first teaming up with Spider-Man to helping the heroes of both worlds defeat Thanoseid. But he never forgets to stick up for the little guy. He ends up meeting Virgil Hawkins, also known as Static. The two bond over their street level origins, and Staic introduces him to some of his friends like Rocket and Icon. Together they team up to protect the streets, as we see them take on Tobias Whale
Ravager Thanos my beloved <3

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
Honestly I don't really want that many guests. I wasn't too fond of the idea of guests to begin with since it's a celebration of DC and Marvel and I feel like we should focus on characters from those two companies.

Of course this is just my personal opinion.
Hey I forgot this was a Marvel vs DC thread
I definitely get this sentiment. For me personally, I'm just a huge fan of superheroes, including characters beyond the big 2; Hell, I'd argue some of them are better overall but I digress. There are a lot of good options among these nominees, and I can name about 6 or 7 more that should be up here but weren't nominated, so I don't think 4 really scratches the surface of what can be done.
I'd say 6 is basically the sweet spot anyway; 4 seems too little, 8 seems too much. By the end of Season 3 this roster will be 76 characters anyway, so minus 6 guests that's 70 characters already associated with Marvel and DC, 35 for each, which can honestly be their own fighting games worth just for the 2 companies; case in point it's gonna be a **** ton so why not just go all out with guest characters anyway

On another note I think somebody else should vote, there's currently a tie for second place :3

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
My Wasp costumes won the poll, and Catwoman and Doctor Octopus won't be getting premiere costumes.

-Megadoomer (Darkseid)
-Darkonedagger (Thanos)
-Infinity Sorcerer (Darkseid and Thanos)

As for the results, I've double-checked them a few times; this was a close one.

Billy Butcher: 1
Ultraman: 1
Asterix: 3
Charlie Brown: 6
Deku: 9
Judge Dredd: 9
Spawn: 10
Invincible: 14
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: 14
Scott Pilgrim: 17

Scott pilgrim 5.png

Scott Pilgrim will be our first guest character! Congratulations, Janx_uwu Janx_uwu !

As for our second, there's a tie between Invincible and the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, so we'll have a vote to decide.

(though whoever doesn't get in still has a chance in the second season)

---

Job 149: nominate a moveset for Gambit

Like before, I'll leave this job open for two days, or three if we only have one nomination by the end of the second day.

Job 150: premiere costumes for Green Arrow, Venom, Deathstroke, and Loki

As usual, we'll be sticking with a maximum of two premiere costumes per character.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Arsenal (Roy Harper)
Green Arrow former sidekick.

Connor_Hawke_007.jpg

Connor Hawke
Green Arrow's son, who was also the Green Arrow for a while.

I don't know a lot about Green Arrow but these felt like the obvious picks.

Lady Lokl

Not Sylve, the comics verison of female Loki. I figure Loki is slim enough to make this work.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Prince Of Jotunheim

Feels natural to have a costume of Loki based on his born family. Would obviously be smaller in-game.

Gunnar Golmen

No more God of Mischief! Just a guy who cleans up nice. Nothin' to see here.

Also, didn't get a notification for some reason but Scott got in, alright! I've got a lot of content in mind for him so looking forward to that.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Prince of Jotunheim

Feels natural to have a costume of Loki based on his born family. Would obviously be smaller in-game.

Agent of Asgard

Yes, Loki's staff would be reskinned into the sword, although they would have the same hitboxes and whatnot.
Also, didn't get a notification for some reason but Scott got in, alright! I've got a lot of content in mind for him so looking forward to that. Also also I don't know why there are two spoiler boxes idk how to fix it
Iirc Loki already has an agent of Asgard costume in his Default costume list

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Also, didn't get a notification for some reason but Scott got in, alright! I've got a lot of content in mind for him so looking forward to that. Also also I don't know why there are two spoiler boxes idk how to fix it
I edited the congratulations part in after I made the post, which is probably why you didn't get notified that you were mentioned. (I should have included it originally, but I didn't think of it until after I posted it)

D

Deleted member

Seeking to control her demons, Rachel Roth trains under powerful magic users such as Clea, ruler of the Dark Dimension, the witch Agatha Harkness, and Illyana Rasputin, the ruler of Limbo. These figures teach her to control her powers, finaly allowing her to face and defeat her father.

NanayaGaming

Smash Journeyman
I'm glad that Scott did it, my vote goes for the TMNT for the second place btw.

My submission for a Loki's premier costume is Kid Loki and for Venom I submit Toxin (with Eddie Brock)
1663111382009.png
1663111428184.png

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
I will take my time to think in a moveset for Gambit, since my ideas for Unique Abilities for him where already used by other characters and I don't want to repeat myself.

Green Arrow Premier Costumes:
ARSENAL (ROY HARPER)
The easiest choice, not too much to say. There is nothing to change or something like that.​
RED ARROW (EMIKO QUEEN)
I honestly don't know too much about the character apart of what it appeared in her adaptation for the CW series.
But a female arrow would be cool, Oliver is quite slimmer in certain portraits so I can see them fitting.​

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Job 150:Venom's and Deathstroke's premiere costumes

Carnage (Skin for Venom)

Rose Wilson (Skin for Deathstroke)
I don't think Carnage works well has a skin for Venom since Carnage is usually portrayed has very slim while Venom is very muscular. If it wasn't the case I definitively would submit him alongside Mania or Agent Venom (though this one is also very different to Venom in terms of fighting style).

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Galactic Venom

Venom, but he's fused with Galactus! Obviously his size would be adjusted to fit Venom's normal proportions. I don't think that there's anything particularly noteworthy here other than it's a cool combination of two very popular Marvel baddies.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I don't think Blue Venom would work - these premiere costumes have different voice lines, and usually different reactions from other characters, whereas that costume would be Venom, but he's blue.

(Carnage also feels like a stretch, though I'll let the voting decide that; we've already got Sabretooth and Wolverine, where one's normally bigger/bulkier than the other, and Elongated Man and Plastic Man, where they normally use their powers in different ways)

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I do still think it could work (maybe voice lines could be crunchy, direct rips from MvC, and the different reactions could all be themed around it being Venom but blue which would be very funny) but I understand. My fault for not researching what Premier Costumes actually were. It is now edited to include my backup (which I actually happen to like more than my original submission lol)

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
I didn't have time to organize this but it should be obvious who is a skin for who
Malcom Merlyn

A major villain for Green Arrow, and uses a bow and arrow;
Feels like an obvious fit for Oliver Queen
Roy Harper

This shouldn't be too surprising, as Roy is the second most famous Archer in DC.
He's the Richard Grayson of the Arrow family, being Oliver's most famous partner, going under numerous different identities (Speedy, Red Arrow, Arsenal, etc.)
and is also a recurring member of the Teen Titans.
Lady Loki

Literally Loki but as a Lady
I figure her build can be bulked up by her costume to fit default Loki's, like in the image you see right now
Toxin

Since Toxin didn't get in as a costume, I figure it was fair that he's submitted as a Premiere skin.
He is a different character, after all.

On a side note, I don't think Rose Wilson fits as an alt for Deathstroke, they're builds aren't similar enough. The same consensus seems to follow for Carnage, and I'm going to have to agree on that, even though I thought about nominating the latter

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
A quick check of the poll results: first of all, what I'm sure most of you are waiting for, the results for the guest character poll! Counting NanayaGaming's vote (which they posted here due to IP issues, as mentioned before), we've got a tie, so I flipped a coin and...

Invincible will be our second guest character!

invincible 5.png

Congratulations, Jondolio Jondolio !

Martian Manhunter will have Ma'alefa'ak as a premiere costume, while Ghost Rider will have Cosmic Ghost Rider and Robbie Reyes as premiere costumes!

We'll be using Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer 's costumes for Thanos, and the Darkseid poll is tied, so it's coming down to another coin flip; my Darkseid costumes will be included.

Here are the premiere costume polls - we got more nominations than usual this time.

---

With our first two guest characters in the game, I figure now is the time to ask how we'll be handling stages, between the two options that were brought up before:

---

The Gambit moveset job will be open for another day or two; I'll look into his moveset from games like Marvel vs. Capcom 2, Marvel Avengers Alliance, and Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 and see what I can come up with.

Job 151: nominate arcade mode rivals for Black Adam, Gambit, Scott Pilgrim, and Invincible

For Black Adam and Gambit, we'll do the same as usual where you can nominate any playable character from the other company (so a Marvel character for Black Adam, or a DC character for Gambit). For Scott Pilgrim and Invincible, you can nominate anyone on the roster, since they aren't from Marvel or DC.

Job 152: nominate a DC stage for DLC

Regardless of which option wins the poll, there's going to be at least one stage from both of the main companies in the DLC. I could keep going with premiere costumes, but I don't want to run the risk of having eight polls at once tomorrow; that seems like a lot. Any stage from DC (that isn't already in the game) can be nominated.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I'll submit Smallville, a pretty iconic location from DC. Fighting would probably take place in a big field with a barn in the background or something, and maybe you can also spot the Kent residence's mailbox?
1663172763876.jpeg

I can do rivals later but I'm not too familiar with Black Adam or Gambit so I'll research them. If I think of anything better than Infinity Sorcerer's submissions for the two guests I'll submit that as well.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
For Black Adam's rival, I'm going to nominate Doctor Doom. Both are the rulers of their respective countries, seen as powerful protectors by their people and brutal tyrants by everyone else. Both have the power to back up their arrogance, and Black Adam has a strong resemblance to Namor, who Doom often teams up with and/or backstabs.

For a DC stage, I'm going to nominate the Hall of Doom, specifically the swampy area out in front of it.

The dark swampy setting would make for a nice contrast with the rest of the game's stages, and it would allow for cameos from pretty much any villain in the DC universe (barring examples like the Anti-Monitor, who is opposed by everyone, or Dr. Psycho, as the Legion of Doom does not condone his behaviour and he doesn't represent their brand of evil) as they show up to watch the fight. Some examples from the Superfriends cartoon include Black Manta, Giganta, or the Riddler, and characters like Lex Luthor or Bizarro could also appear in the background if they're not being played as. (the same thing goes for any other character who's added in through DLC further down the line)

Last edited:

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
Job 151: Rivals
Black Adam vs. Doctor Doom - Both are supervillain rulers of their own nation with an affinity for magic. It makes a lot of sense, really
Gambit vs. Black Canary - She seems like his type
Scott Pilgrim vs. Magneto - Scott being a fan of the X-Men would make it interesting to pit him against their top villain
Invincible vs. Superman - Well, duh! Superman is basically what he wanted to see in his own father

Job 152: DC Stage
KHANDAQ
Black Adam's homeland, his "Castle Doom" equivalent, if you will. We don't have a stage with a similar aesthetic at all, and with Black Adam now in the roster it makes a lot of sense to this stage join alongside him. It's a pretty important location for both the character and DC as a whole, and it's about to make it's live-action debut in the Black Adam movie, so this could also be the perfect tie-in stage.

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Job 151:Rivals

Black Adam's Rival: Apocalypse Captain Marvel...i guess-the connections is same from Shazam
Gambit's Rival: Joker-the connections between Gambit and Joker is both uses poker cards and Joker's name is same from Joker card
Scott Pilgrim's Rival: uhh...Wolverine?-well Scott is fan of X-Men (guys,i don't know about Scott Pilgrim)
Invincible's Rival: Nightwing- the connections between Invincible and Nightwing is both have "Grayson" on their last names and both made part of a teenage superhero team (Nightwing is member of Teen Titans and Invincible is ally of Teen Team)

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
If anyone wants to post trading cards for Scott Pilgrim or Invincible (the series or the characters), they can - they'd likely be a free part of the update alongside the characters, so that way, even players who aren't familiar with the franchises could have some context for what's going on.

The same thing applies for any future guest characters once they get in - I figure they'd only be able to include trading cards for the characters if they got permission to use them.

I'll see what I can come up with for Scott Pilgrim after work. (For Invincible, I've only seen the first episode of the show and the "Think, Mark!" meme)

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Gambit Rival: Catwoman
Both are charming thieves who are known for great sleight of hand.

Scott Pilgrim Trading Cards
  • Scott Pilgrim: Not so long ago, in the mysterious realm of Toronto, Canada, Scott Pilgrim was dating a high schooler. That is, until he met the girl of his dreams. And he was…still dating a high schooler. At 23 years old, the nerdy, unemployed bassist doesn’t quite have all his priorities in order. But he better pull it together and face the world, because to continue dating the love of his life, he must defeat her seven evil ex-boyfriends, somehow get a job, be a decent friend, and break up with his fake high school girlfriend. Can he manage it all and stay alive, or is it game over for the best brawler in the province?

• Ramona Flowers: How does someone date seven evil dudes? The answer is…a long story. And not one that Ramona Flowers is proud of. She has a tough time staying in one place, but hopefully moving up north to Toronto and living a simple life, no romance, will do the trick. That’s when the lovable idiot Scott Pilgrim stumbles onto the scene. But in spite of his battling with her evil exes, Ramona holds out hope that this will be one time she doesn’t have to swim faster than her own life to stay afloat.
  • Kim Pine: Kim Pine is a drummer. And if she has it her way, that’s all you’ll ever know about her. Counting in the band for each empty performance, her power levels with the sticks are unmatched. She also dated Scott Pilgrim in high school. It was pretty awful.
  • Stephen Stills: The ballsy frontman of Sex-Bob Omb, a rock band featuring him on vocals and guitar, Scott Pilgrim on bass, Kim Pine on the drums, and their one fan Young Neil on Stephen’s couch. They’re pretty bad, but the persistent Stephen Stills takes up any show they can get.

D

Deleted member

Black Adam - Black Panther: Both rulers of Kingdoms.
Gambit - Catwoman: They're both thieves
Scott - Spider-Man: Spider-Man's early issues focused heavily on relationship drama

2614356-krypton__02__001__01_.png

Krypton
Superman's home. Yes, it's been destroyed. But as a non canon bonus stage I think it would be an interesting pick. Would take place inside the main city, with lots of futureisc tech and buildings around.

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
If anyone wants to post trading cards for Scott Pilgrim or Invincible (the series or the characters), they can - they'd likely be a free part of the update alongside the characters, so that way, even players who aren't familiar with the franchises could have some context for what's going on.

The same thing applies for any future guest characters once they get in - I figure they'd only be able to include trading cards for the characters if they got permission to use them.

I'll see what I can come up with for Scott Pilgrim after work. (For Invincible, I've only seen the first episode of the show and the "Think, Mark!" meme)
Funny that you say this while I was working on this megapost :3

INVINCIBLE MOVESET
General Playstyle
Invincible is a beginner-friendly rushdown fighter with an emphasis on his strength, dexterity, and aerial prowess, accompanied with a less complex set of moves that allow for easy follow-up attacks and air-safe options.

Unique Ability - An Invincible Spirit
Attacking the opponent fills up Invincible's Heroic Meter, which can be filled up to a maximum of 3 bars and are used directly in his Invulnerable Skin attack.

If the player has all 3 bars filled upon losing all their health, Mark will get back up with half-health restored and receive an attack boost for his next 10 attacks.

Special Move NameInputDescription
Invulnerable SkinDP + UAInvincible briefly taunts the opponent in a defensive move that boosts his health's armor, making enemy attacks do less damage for a limited period.*
The more bars used in this attack, the less damage he takes.
Collision CourseQCF + X (Air OK)Invincible flies across the stage as a fast speed and knocks into the opponent
Going AirborneCharge Down, Up + X + X (Follow-up)Invincible uppercuts the opponent, sending them flying; If the player follows up on this move, Invincible will fly upward, catch the opponent, and thrown them back down.
Not following up leaves the option to air juggle the opponent.
Nice Try, Slowpoke (Counter)QCB + X
(Air OK)
Invincible will fly behind the opponent at a lightning speed and punch them square in the head (or in Starro's case, the top fin), sending them flying to the opposite side of the screen.
Hitting HarderHCB + X (Air OK)Invincible pummels down the opponent in a flurry of punches as a multi-hit attack
Catch This for MeHCF + X (Air OK)Invincible quickly flies off-screen and within the blink of an eye returns with a projectile in hand, throwing it at the opponent.

Projectiles Include:
  • An empty car
  • Bag of trash from Burger-Mart
  • Piece of terrain
  • Severed Kaiju limb
  • Turret of a dismantled Flaxan tank
Note that these are only visual difference; They all do the same damage

Super Move NameInputDescription
Impactful Landing2QCF + HInvincible flies upward (off-screen), then quickly returns with a superhero landing on the opponent's current location, breaking the ground and causing moderate damage.
Skin of a Viltrumite2QCB + HInvincible retains super-armor for a limited time; He will take damage, but none of his animations or attacks will be interrupted
It's War, Now!All Buttons PressedSpoilers for Invincible #75
Invincible flies in and grabs the opponent, and then flies upward. He activates his earpiece before saying "Cecil, now!", and then teleports from the current stage to the atmosphere of Viltrum, where Thaedus and Omni-Man appear. Invincible grabs the opponent and all 3 Viltrumites fly through the core of the planet, completing exploding it. Invincible then teleports back to Earth (or wherever the stage is), throws the opponent on the ground and lands on his feet.

*The taunts would involve dialogue that changes depending on the state of Invincible's health; For example, if he is at high health, his dialogue and body language would be cocky and optimistic; if he is at low health, his body language and dialogue would display as serious or enraged. He can also have unique dialogue specific to certain characters; I picked out 4 examples.

High Health: Invincible simply crosses his arms
To Spider-Man: "We've got to talk about a name change, buddy."
To Doctor Doom: "Okay, your name is just ridiculous!"
To Superman: "You Kryptonians got nothing on a Viltrumite!"
To Darkseid: "Enough with the evil alien warlords, already."

Mid Health: Invincible spits out blood on the ground
To Spider-Man: "I should've brought my insect repellent."
To Doctor Doom: "I'm not done with you yet!"
To Superman: "Maybe I underestimated you, Supes."
To Darkseid: "No more games!"

Low Health: Invincible wipes his blood off his face, and stomps one foot on the ground in a fighting stance
To Spider-Man: "Sorry, Peter, but it's no holds barred now!"
To Doctor Doom: "I won't back down from you!"
To Superman: "You asked for this, blue!"
To Darkseid: "Stay away from Earth!"

Trading Cards for the Invincible series. I spoilered certain ones for the reason that they are, uh, massive spoilers for the series. I implore you all to read the Invincible comic series, and to watch the show as it continues to air.
  • Mark Grayson/Invincible (Image)
    • Son of the greatest superhero on Earth, Mark Grayson was born half-viltrumite and half-human. Donning up a costume himself, Mark began his ventures as a hero, before learning the horrid truth of his alien heritage. Now committed to protecting the Earth from Viltrumites, and any other threat, Mark has become a symbol for Earth and superheroes around the globe; No matter how many fights he'd lose or how much of his blood he spills, villains should beware, for his spirit is nothing short of Invincible!
  • Nolan Grayson/Omni-Man (Image)
    • Nolan was sent to Earth as an agent of the Viltrum Empire, sent to survey their forces and prepare the planet for hostile takeover. However, after bonding with a human woman named Debbie, and starting a family, Nolan Grayson witnessed a change of heart; No longer could he stand for the Viltrum Empire's wrath against the galaxy, and followed in his son Mark's footsteps as a protector of the innocent. Set out to redeem the name Omni-Man, Nolan once again takes on the task of being the world's greatest hero.
    [*][*][*][*]
  • Debbie Grayson(Image)
    • Wife to the greatest hero-turned-enemy on Earth, Omni-Man, and mother to the other greatest hero of Earth, Invincible, Debbie has become overly accustomed and unfazed to the extraordinary tales of superheroics... until they hit too close to home and tore the Graysons apart. However, Debbie's love for her family is undying, and the only thing she wishes for is the continued safety of her family, for whom she will always stand by.
  • Amber Bennett (Image)
    • Compassionate and outgoing, Amber Bennett is simply an ordinary High School girl, with the mere exception that she is the first girlfriend of the world's greatest hero, Invincible, a fact for which she was ecstatic. Their relationship was rocky, but Amber kept her optimism up, dating Mark into their college years. Despite breaking up after Mark's trip to Thraxa, their friendship continued long after, and Amber's impact on Mark's life would be one for he'd always remember.
  • Atom Eve(Image)
    • Samantha Eve Wilkins was not born as an ordinary human, but as a science experiment in an attempt to create a powerful hero. Given away to a dysfunctional family at infancy, and having no recollection of her history, Eve would grow up discovering her powers, that being to manipulate matter on a subatomic scale, and began a life of crime-fighting as the hero Atom Eve, and eventually becoming a frequent partner to the love of her life, Mark Grayson.
  • Cecil Stedman(Image)
    • When it comes to coordinating and guiding the entire world's superheroes, Cecil Stedman is the man behind the whole operation. Every hero on the planet, whether they know it or not, will eventually cross paths with Cecil, and he would have it no other way, as nobody else is as capable as him to ensure the safety of the world; nor is there anybody else willing to do what he does to maintain that goal. It's a hard lesson, but Cecil is the only one who learned that he can either be the good guy, or the guy who saves the world, but not both at the same time.
  • Robot (Image)
    • The disfigured Rudolph Connors lived a life of unbearable pain, but also of great intellect. He constructed remote-controlled drones that he used to fight crime under the name Robot, to which he would become a staple of the superhero community. At first founding Teen Team, Robot eventually became a partner of Cecil Stedman and the eventual leader of the Guardians of the Globe. Using his vast intellect, Rudolph would continue to fight evil alongside his friend Invincible, and other longtime heroes.
  • Rex Splode(Image)
    • Rex Sloane was simply a young homeless boy, scraping by for him and his parents to survive, until a shady government agent approached them with an offer: Live a life of wealth and happiness, in exchange for Rex. Becoming a government experiment with the powers to turn anything he touches in an explosion, Rex began as a government hitman until he met Atom Eve, to which she awakened his heroic sense and he turned against them. Rex, later becoming a Guardian of the Globe, would become a well-known hero of Earth, and the greatest jackass of all-time.
  • Oliver Grayson (Image)
    • Born as a half-Viltrumite and half-Thraxan, Oliver was brought to Earth by his half-brother Mark at a nearly infant age. Due to the rapid aging of his people, Oliver quickly grew into an old enough age to don a costume and become a superhero, under the guidance of his brother. Initially cold and alienated from human emotion, Oliver began to learn what it meant to be sentient, and now fights alongside his family as representatives of what the Viltrumites can be: Heroes.
    [*][*][*][*]
  • Allen the Alien(Image)
    • One of the last surviving members of the Unopan race, Allen the Alien (relative term, by the way) was born in a tube, bred for the survival of his race. A member of the Coalition of Planets, Allen simply tested different planets for strong individuals, before a fatal encounter with the Viltrumites resulted in him undergoing further experimentation, making him a being more powerful than most Viltrumites. Now a leading figure of the Coalition of Planets, Allen places upon himself the duty to take the battle straight to the Viltrumites and end their reign once and for all.
  • Monster Girl (Image)
    • Amanda, unbeknownst to her, was cursed at some point in her life. Suddenly discovering she had the ability to transform into a Monster with brute strength and endurance, she set out to fight crime as the heroic Monster Girl! Unfortunately, every time she transformed she would age in reverse, leading to the present, into which Amanda now struts as a middle aged woman trapped in an ever backwards aging body; a price for which she is willing to pay for keeping the world safe.
  • The Immortal (Image)
    • His origin is unknown, but what is known is that he has lived many lives and has gone under many names; Lancelot, Abraham Lincoln... but the most famous of all is none other than the superhero identity of The Immortal, the man who cannot die. Founding the Guardians of the Globe under the partnership of Cecil Stedman, he would continue to carry the weight of the world on his shoulders, fighting threat after threat, even if it would cost him his sanity.
  • Tech Jacket(Image)
    • Zack Thompson was just an ordinary kid, until an alien ship flew over Earth's atmosphere. Zack came in contact with an alien suit that fused itself to his body; originally built for Geldarians, the suit was simply meant to improve their physical dexterity, but Zack's human DNA turned the Tech Jacket into one of the most powerful weapons in the Universe. Zack now fights as an intergalactic hero, defending both humanity and other innocent alien species from oppressive threats.
  • Guardians of the Globe (Image)
    • The greatest superhero team ever assembled, the Guardians of the Globe were brought together for the sole mission of, uh, guarding the globe! No matter how often the team's lineup changes, it is a mission placed upon the shoulders of every member to be a hero, through and through, fighting against threats to the Earth.
  • Thragg (Image)
    • In the wake of the dying race of Viltrumites steps one who is the strongest to ever live; the only one fit to rule the Viltrum Empire and lead it into a new light, and into an age of unquestionable authority. The only true Viltrumite fit to rule after the death of the Great Argall, regardless of his heir. Let those who oppose the Viltrumites fall beneath his feet, their blood spilled across the floor, and their skulls crushed within his hands; Let it be known that Thragg is the only name they should learn to fear.
    [*][*][*][*]
  • Robot (Image)
    • Rex' (previously Rudolph) time in the Flaxan dimension changed him in ways beyond his own comprehension. In order to properly make the world safe, Robot must find a new way of fighting evil. A messy, imperfect, and effective way of fighting evil, but most importantly, it's new. Upgrading his systems and setting out to eliminate all heroes who would oppose him, Robot now seeks complete control of the world. Not for evil, but for safety, and peace, and everyone who opposes him is simply another villain in the way of those goals. Perhaps it is horrifying, but it's right, isn't it?
    [*][*][*][*]
  • Conquest (Image)
    • Of all the Viltrumites to fight in the name of their empire, Conquest is one of their most feared. Having never failed to assimilate a planet, no matter its strength, he has lost all affliction for anything that isn't battle. He hopes for nothing but resistance, for that means combat, and that, to Conquest, is a means to feel alive.
  • Dinosaurus (Image)
    • Activism isn't what Dinosaurus stands for; What he stands for is a more economically safe and self-sustained society, and to achieve that, he must tear down what doesn't work. It will be for the better; All those who die do not die needlessly, all the history that is lost in the destruction of cities is not destroyed needlessly; There will be a future where humanity as the ultimate species, and Dinosaurus is the only one smart enough to achieve it, so either join his cause or perish.
  • Angstrom Levy(Image)
    • If Angstrom was to only know one thing, it was that the Multiverse is real, and he existed in it. In every, universe, in fact, and he needed to learn everything that every alternate version of himself knew. Using his mysterious powers to travel the Multiverse, Angstrom gathered his alternate selves in one place, and used a machine to combine all their knowledge... only for the "heroic" Invincible to mistake it for an evil plot and destroy it all. With a now disfigured body, Angstrom knows two things: the Multiverse, and an undying hatred for his universe's Invincible, and he will stop at nothing to destroy his life bit by bit.
  • Battle Beast(Image)
    • Not everything should be taken literally... but one thing that definitely should be, is the name Battle Beast. One of the most powerful beings in the universe, all the Beast seeks is a worthy fight, with a worthy opponent, in hopes that one day, after all his fighting and killing, he will be vanquished in combat and pass his legacy onto a superior foe.
  • Doc Seismic(Image)
    • A mastermind, a threat, a man to be feared... is not who Seismic is, but he sure wishes otherwise. Powerful? Absolutely not. Deluded? Most definitely. But with the power of the Earth at his hands, and a legion of underground magnamites under his control, perhaps things will finally turn around for Seismic, and he will become a villain worthy of fighting even the most famous heroes.
  • Titan(Image)
    • Not all villains are bad. Some have everything to lose, and for Titan, this couldn't be more true. A father just trying to scrape by to support his family, his daughter, Titan uses his powers to work for criminal overlords, those who control the city, to earn what he needs to survive. But no more; It's Titan's turn to take the throne, and nobody is going to get in his way.
  • The Mauler Twins(Image)
    • Mauler is a genuine man, with a love for science and a knack for criminal actions. However, the saying two heads are better than one is not always a falsehood; In fact, Mauler views this with stride. His twin is not just a twin, but a clone of himself... or perhaps he is the clone? Together, they make an unstoppable duo, whose only downfall is being stopped time and time again by heroes, foiled in every plot. If the original Mauler were in charge, perhaps this wouldn't be the case... which one is the original again?
  • Lizard League(Image)
    • Lead by the nefarious King Lizard, the terrorist organization comprised of Lizard themed supervillains sets about to rule the planet, with intent to kill anyone who get in their way! Nevermind that they're the most laughable group of villains to set about; the Guardians of the Globe shall tremble at the might of the lizards that will one day be their kings!
  • The Sequids (Image)
    • Parasites and a hive-mind are two things you don't want to see go together; and yet, in the depths of Mars, lies the Sequid race, itching for a new, vulnerable host to take over. Small in stature, the sequids make up for their size with their physical strength and endless number; should even one Sequid attach itself to a single host body, whole societies will collapse under their might; and the last anything anyone wants is to be ruled by a race of brains-with-tentacles. Disgusting.

While I'm doing trading cards, I promised to do one for Bloodsport a while back.
  • Bloodsport (DC)
    • Robert DuBois joined the U.S. Military during the height of the Vietnam War- Or atleast he was supposed to. After learning he was drafted, Robert fled the country, forcing his brother to fight in his place. Unfortunately, his brother would end up losing his limbs during the war, leading Robert to be driven crazy by the sheer guilt. Lex Luthor saw this as an opportunity and recruited him as a mercenary, sending him to shoot Superman with a kryptonite bullet, until Jimmy Olsen and the Man of Steel himself ended his terrorist streak as he began healing from his mistake.
  • Task Force X Bloodsport (DC)
    • Imprisoned for putting Superman in the ICU with a Kryptonite bullet, Robert DuBois had settled to be living the rest of his life in prison; Unfortunately, Amanda Waller saw the potential in Robert as a member of Task Force X, alternatively known as the Suicide Squad. After placing a bomb in his neck and threatening his daughter, Robert was forced to comply, and now takes up the arsenal of Bloodsport as a leader and soldier under A.R.G.U.S.' control, fighting alongside his team for whatever purpose Waller deems necessary.
Christ, these cards took the whole day to type out. Since costumes and stages for Invincible will likely come later, I'll set those aside for now.
I would like to ask: Are we planning to have more bosses than just Darkseid? I do have an idea for a DLC bosses, that honestly I should've brought up when we did the DLC content discussion lol.

I'm working on a Gambit moveset, btw.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I was thinking we'd have a job for Invincible's moveset like with the other DLC characters, but if everyone's okay with it, we can use PinkFlare PinkFlare 's. (I haven't even seen much of Invincible and even I can tell there's a lot of passion behind it)

I tried coming up with a moveset for Gambit, but I was only able to get about half of it. (the most interesting thing that I came up with was his unique ability being a charging mechanic where he builds up kinetic energy up to five stages, with each stage increasing the size and damage of his specials, but I'll have to double-check to see if that concept had already been used elsewhere)

As for a DLC boss beyond Thanoseid, I'm not sure. Maybe one could be added through an update that's fought if certain criteria is met, like Akuma from Street Fighter II, or maybe there could be a post-launch boss challenge mode, like what King of Fighters 15 did with Omega Rugal. (in that game, you get rewards for beating the boss, like a costume or a stage; maybe depending on who the boss is, something like that could be an option here as well)

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
I consider it a great idea the challenge mode!, we could add more villains in that wat even if they aren't playable, include bosses like Apocalypse, the Anti-Monitor, Annihilus, Nekron, etc, even they don't need to be instantly disconfirmed if they are added in that way!

For Gambit I'm also doing a moveset, but I'm at the half too. For respond to you Megadoomer Megadoomer I did something a little similar with Cyclops thought it was only by 3 levels, if you think they are different enough you could try it! Also I love a lot that Invincible moveset, I sadly don't know about the character too much so I can't say if is great in the "represent the character" wise but is super interesing!, I wouldn't have any problem to use it without making other one.

Attachments

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
I was thinking we'd have a job for Invincible's moveset like with the other DLC characters, but if everyone's okay with it, we can use PinkFlare PinkFlare 's. (I haven't even seen much of Invincible and even I can tell there's a lot of passion behind it)

I tried coming up with a moveset for Gambit, but I was only able to get about half of it. (the most interesting thing that I came up with was his unique ability being a charging mechanic where he builds up kinetic energy up to five stages, with each stage increasing the size and damage of his specials, but I'll have to double-check to see if that concept had already been used elsewhere)

As for a DLC boss beyond Thanoseid, I'm not sure. Maybe one could be added through an update that's fought if certain criteria is met, like Akuma from Street Fighter II, or maybe there could be a post-launch boss challenge mode, like what King of Fighters 15 did with Omega Rugal. (in that game, you get rewards for beating the boss, like a costume or a stage; maybe depending on who the boss is, something like that could be an option here as well)
Sorry if I jumped the gun a little 👉👈🥺

That idea for a Gambit moveset sounds awesome. I'm going a little simplistic for mine, though, but I'd say you should totally go through with it, regardless of similarities to other fighters. As long as the playstyle is different it should make for a unique character

I did have an idea for a boss fight against a guest character that directly plays into the Multiverse, which I know is a theme we want to emphasize in our roster. If it ends up happening I'll definitely pitch the boss to ya'll

On a side note, while I have you hear, do you think tomorrow will be the Cosmic DC round?

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Sorry if I jumped the gun a little 👉👈🥺

That idea for a Gambit moveset sounds awesome. I'm going a little simplistic for mine, though, but I'd say you should totally go through with it, regardless of similarities to other fighters. As long as the playstyle is different it should make for a unique character

I did have an idea for a boss fight against a guest character that directly plays into the Multiverse, which I know is a theme we want to emphasize in our roster. If it ends up happening I'll definitely pitch the boss to ya'll

On a side note, while I have you hear, do you think tomorrow will be the Cosmic DC round?
No worries; we often only get one moveset submitted for a character anyway, so it's okay that you jumped the gun in this case since you've clearly got a lot of ideas for the character. I could try to come up with something for Gambit, but my knowledge and passion for the character is somewhat limited (out of the X-Men line-ups that I'm familiar with that contain him - the 90's series and the Jim Lee line-up - he's probably at or near the bottom for in terms of which ones I'm interested in; he's never really hooked me, though maybe that's due to a lack of familiarity).

We can do the cosmic DC round later today, sure; I figure I can afford to space the stages out a bit.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
The Gambit moveset job will be extended to tomorrow, and after that, we'll do the same as usual for moveset jobs where someone can submit one at any time.

As for the poll results:
  • Green Arrow's costumes are a tie - Arsenal will be included, and going by a coin toss, his other costume will be Connor Hawke!
  • Deathstroke won't have premiere costumes
  • Toxin will be a premiere costume for Venom
  • Loki's premiere costume will be his female version
  • there will be four DLC stages, so each guest character will have an associated stage
I'll need to update the collectibles list to include the premiere costumes.

---

Here are the DC stages that were nominated:

-Smallville
-The Hall of Doom
-Kahndaq
-Krypton

We're only going to include one of these, but I figure we can still do ranked voting. Vote for your top two (first place gets two points, while second place gets 1), and you can't put your own in first.

1. Kahndaq
2. Krypton

---

Here are the polls for the rival battles:

(Also, I find it kind of funny that everyone separately decided that Scott's rival should be a Marvel character while Invincible's rival should be a DC character)

---

Job 153: premiere costumes for Starro, Rocket and Groot, Doctor Fate, and Scarlet Witch

I'm not sure how many we'll get here, since the cosmic characters on both sides are kind of weird/unorthodox, but same rules as normal - a maximum of two costumes per character.

Job 154: nominate a DC cosmic character for DLC

This can include aliens (like Supergirl or Brainiac) or human characters who spend a lot of their time in space. (like Adam Strange or Star Sapphire) If you're not sure, either ask or go with your gut.

Last edited:

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
GAMBIT MOVESET
General Playstyle
Gambit is a lightweight zoner with fast movements and an emphasis on projectile attacks - his staff offers both long reach and close range options for attacking in addition to his projectiles

Unique Ability 1 - Kinetically Charged
Remy can pocket any physical projectile in the game (with given exceptions*), and throw is back at the opponent as a charged explosive
*Mjolnir and large objects such as cars would not be pocketed

Unique Ability 2 (Passive) - Wall Jump
Remy can wall jump across the edges of and on environmental-interactive sections of the stage; He can also do so during attacks that involve movement across the stage

Special Move NameInputDescription
Kinetic CardQCF + X + DirectionalGambit throws a set of 3 throwing cards in front of him; This can be angled either forward, or diagonally both downward and upward
Sweeping StaffHCF + X (Air OK)Gambit quickly moves across the screen, spinning his staff as he does so.
Sliding DeckQCB + XGambit slides a stack of cards across the floor that blow up either on impact with the opponent or after moving a certain distance
Check Your PocketDP + XUpon making contact with the opponent, Remy will slip a playing card into their costume, which will explode after a period of time
Cajun StrikeHCB + XGambit strikes his staff in an upward motion; If it connects with the opponent, he strikes it again downward, bringing the opponent back to ground level

Super Move NameInputDescription
Supercharged Card2QCF + X + X (Release)Gambit supercharges a single card for maximum damage over a short period of time; Once fully charged, the player can release it by pressing the attack button again, causing a large explosion
Raining Cards2DP + XGambit charges a full deck of cards, and throws it up in the air; they then rain down on the stage, with each card doing small amounts of damage to the opponent
Royal FlushAll Buttons PressedA combination of his previous two supers, Remy starts off by throwing his bo-staff to catch the opponent; This starts the cinematic in which he catches and supercharges his bo-staff, striking the opponent as it explodes. Remy backflips onto his feet and pulls out a full deck of cards, this time supercharging all of them before throwing them in the air. Very briefly he pulls out a rose, places it on the opponent's ear, and quickly moves out the way as the cards begin raining down, explosions everywhere.
The cinematic ends with Remy facing away from the explosions, and the rose falling gently through the air, as he catches it with his hand and bites it. He then reaches into his coat for a retractable spare bo-staff and the fight continues!

Last edited:

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
As for the poll results:
  • Green Arrow's costumes are a tie - Arsenal will be included, and going by a coin toss, his other costume will be Connor Hawke!
Damn. I feel like Malcolm would've won if people knew more about GA, but at least I put the suggestion out there

On another note, I'll move onto the DC Stage votes.

1. Hall of Doom
2. Khandaq

I like the idea of a Krypton stage but I want to focus on getting more of the other Earth-based DC locales first, since we see those a lot more than Krypton. Still, a really good nomination for this round!

Job 153: Premiere Costumes
I only have one suggestion this time. There are definitely a lot of options for Doctor Fate premiere skins, but I somewhat struggle to say they'd be vastly different to the original.
Agatha Harkness
I included options for both old and young variants, since people would likely prefer one over the other, but regardless it's the same submission. Also, the young Agatha artwork is fanart

I won't be able to make a writeup for my DC Cosmic nomination yet, but I'll put first dibs down, and I'll make a full nomination later today.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
For the Gambit moveset, he doesn't have an anti-air special as far as I can tell, so maybe that could fill that last spot?

As for the unique ability, I'm not 100% sure about Gambit's powers; would he normally be able to catch non-physical objects like Superman's eye lasers or Iron Man's Repulsor Beam?

Cosmic character submission:
The beyonder (Resubmission)
1663258895124.png
I know it's a weird choice, but...

The Beyonder is one of cosmic characters from Marvel Comics and he is a singular entity with no duplicate versions of himself in other universes, similar to the Living Tribunal. It is responsible for pitting Earth's mightiest heroes and villains against each other in the Secret Wars.
The beyonder would be weird choice for Marvel VS DC fighting game, but he could make sense in the roster.

His moveset would be based on manipulating reality such as changing the states of matter for example. He could also use his psionic powers to attack opponents or trick them.
He could have an ability to fly or teleport, since he is a cosmic character.
Also one of his super moves could allow him to reveal his true form:
1663258936327.png

(He would have nerfed moveset)

I nominate him, because he could be suprising DLC character choice and his moveset would be cool.

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Job 154:Starfire
images (1).jpeg

Koriand'r (AKA Starfire) is a member from Teen titans,she is a princess from a planet called Tamaran.

Well,we have 3 Teen Titans members (Nightwing,Raven and Cyborg),i feel that one more Teen Titans member joins the roster (maybe Beast Boy also joins too),her moveset would be the same from Injustice 2

Top Bottom