• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DC vs. Marvel: Infinity Crisis

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Batman Costumes:
Bob Kane style
Batman 66
Super Friends
DCEU
Hellbat
Batman '89
Batman who Laughs
I'm not familiar with the Batman Who Laughs (I'm WAY behind on DC's comics), but it's worth noting that much like Superior Spider-Man, he'd just act like how Batman normally would if he gets in as a costume in this round; we aren't doing premium costumes (ones where the character would act differently, like Reverse Flash or Jay Garrick for the Flash) until we've got more of the roster filled out, to avoid the risk of ruling out characters that people might want to see. (for example, if I didn't have this, then whenever we get to Shazam's alternate costumes, someone might try to submit Black Adam as a costume for him)

Last edited:

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
I'm not familiar with the Batman Who Laughs (I'm WAY behind on DC's comics), but it's worth noting that much like Superior Spider-Man, he'd just act like how Batman normally would; we aren't doing premium costumes (ones where the character would act differently, like Reverse Flash or Jay Garrick for the Flash) until we've got more of the roster filled out.
The Batman who Laughs is basically just what if Bruce Wayne became a Jokerized Batman in an alternate universe

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Job 32:
Car Smash

View attachment 356360
Car Smash is a bonus round from Street Fighter games and you destroy the car by using your moves.
It's one of popular bonus rounds in gaming and it would make sense to add a bonus stage based on it.

So, the mode would be the same, but instead of destroying the car from SFII, you destroy a car from Marvel or DC series like Batmobile for example.

This bonus rounds is very fun, so that's why I submit it.

My votes:
1. Cyclops (Makes sense)
2. Iceman (He is a cool guy)
3. Deadpool
If I could make a suggestion, maybe the car that's being destroyed (if it's the same car every time) could be the Shocker-mobile?

It seems entirely in-character for the Shocker to come out of a convenience store, gas station, or what have you only to find his incredibly recognizable personalized car destroyed.

If I could make a suggestion, maybe the car that's being destroyed (if it's the same car every time) could be the Shocker-mobile?

It seems entirely in-character for the Shocker to come out of a convenience store, gas station, or what have you only to find his incredibly recognizable personalized car destroyed.
Good idea. I would allow it.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Default (Year One)
Adam West's Batsuit
Suit of Sorrows
Armor Batsuit (DKR)
Red Son
The Batman (2022)
Hellbat
Batman Beyond
It's impressive how for a character that mostly used outfits with the same color scheme it was so hard to decide.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm not sure how many people are still going to vote, or haven't voted yet, but we've currently got a tie for second place between Storm and Cyclops. If it stays that way, I was wondering what people would prefer.

-only add Storm
-only add Cyclops
-add both Storm and Cyclops, but a later round that they'd be eligible for would only add one character instead of two

I'm probably over-thinking this or taking it too seriously, and for all I know, someone will break the tie in the next few hours, but I wanted to be prepared. (since it could easily remain tied even if more people vote)

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer 's Wolverine moveset wins! Here are the results for the X-Men poll:

Deadpool: 15
Storm: 11
Cyclops: 11
Iceman: 5
Professor X: 4
Gambit: 4
Nightcrawler: 3
Phoenix: 1

Deadpool wins ("You like me! You really, really like me! I'd like to thank the Academy, since Ryan Reynolds definitely won't be winning any Oscars for his perfor-- hey!"), and with Storm and Cyclops tied, I'm going with the poll results as a tie-breaker. As a result, Cyclops will be the other X-Men character that we add!

X-Men winners.png

Here are the polls for the costumes and the bonus stages:

Also, I love how every single costume list includes the Adam West Batsuit.

Today's going to be a slower day, since it's busier for me than normal. Also, we've been going through these at a breakneck pace, I feel, so taking some time to collect our thoughts might help.

Not a Job: Thoughts So Far

We're halfway through the roster, so I wanted to get people's thoughts on how things are going so far. A few prompts:

-Are there any characters that you're really passionate about but haven't gotten the chance to nominate yet? If so, what stories/runs/shows/movies would you recommend so that people can find out about the character?

-Does it feel like our character/stage roster is lacking in any aspects? (don't worry, I plan to do the "characters who aren't in Injustice/MvC" concept next time that we have a character round, since every single character that's currently in the roster is from one of those two series)

-Are there any important details that I haven't touched on? (the only other thread that I've run of this nature is a PlayStation All Stars 2 thread, so this is my first time doing one of these from scratch)

-Are there any additions that surprised you, or that you're really glad to see?

-Should we have a story mode? (my concern is that it might devolve into "whose Marvel/DC crossover fanfic is better?", though I suppose a game like this would probably fall into fanfic territory regardless) If so, should we go with shorter character-focused stories like Street Fighter V, a larger Injustice-style story, or both?

-Do you want to decide on which trading cards should be included, or just leave it vague?

Last edited:

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
I have some job prompt ideas:
  • Submit a Marvel/DC Character from a B-Movie(Ex: Nuclear Man(Superman Returns), Morbius)
  • Submit someone from a TV Show/Movie/Video Game before they appeared in the comics(EX: Harley Quinn)
We should have a story mode(Subspace Emissary style) and details on Trading Cards.

We also should suggest character themes for each character(not original but whatever is considered their lemotif)

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
I'm gonna edit my moveset later to add Megadoomer Megadoomer 's Level 3 since I think its awesome.

Love the roster so far, really, loads of great characters. Just for the bias I would say that I really want to see Gambit, Ant-Man, any character from Watchmen if they would count and the Ghsot Rider but has I said thats just favoritism rather than the must haves.

I think that most people likes more only do characters and more or less stages in terms of Brand New games, but maybe some mini jobs for the collectables that where already established but never used atm? Again, idk how many people would like just made lista of characters they like.

I always thinked about the story mode since the start of the thread, but generally speaking maybe just do a sinopsis? Nothing to elaborate. For what type of story I think something like Mortal Kombat?, would depend of the type of story tho.

For promts maybe something related to their themes "space hero, vigilante, side kick, etc".

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Pretty good so far! Some newer characters would be neat, and some more unexpected picks. I would have liked Storm last round but this is a genuinely good roster so far. Generally feels like a big celebration. There are lots of characters I'd want to see, proablly too many to list tbh.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Yeah, I have noticed that our character choices skew older - most of them are from the 40's or 60's, with the newest characters (Deadpool and Harley) being from the 90's. I'm hoping we can get some newer characters in, though I'm not really familiar with what's new for DC.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Tbf the most iconic characters of both editorials are the most old ones. I also dont know too much about the new characters of DC but I guess there it should be something good there. Maybe will just require make some researches.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I also feel like we could use more women in the line-up; I get that it's still early, and that some characters would take priority over others in the rounds that we've had earlier, but it seems strange that you can count the number of women in this line-up so far on one hand and all of them are from the same company. (Wonder Woman, Harley, and Raven)

I feel like, for trading cards at least, including them should be pretty casual since any character would be included. (I'm thinking maybe we have jobs where we submit up to ten trading cards for a given franchise or related characters?)

I was thinking of doing cosmic and magic-based rounds at some point, but I'm not familiar enough with the cosmic side of Marvel or DC to know how feasible that first one would be. (For DC, I only know about Green Lantern-related series and the New Gods; I know more for Marvel, mostly tied to the Fantastic Four or Guardians of the Galaxy, but there's also Nova or the various Captain Marvels)

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
In some stories Hawkman comes from the space iirc. Pariah is a weird pick but its the other one I know so far excluding the ones that you already mentioned.

I agree with the women, considering that the quantity of DC womens even if its small its quite acceptable I would suggest only do a job specific of female characters in the Marvel side (in fact, there it could be some themed jobs that would only be for one of the editorials.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Personally even has a big fan of the two I would like to appeal more to diversity in terms of the source of the characters, I would really love to see Riddler, Ras-Al-Ghul, Bane, Venom, Octopus, Green Goblin etc but I' more inclina te to have characters from other series.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
I really like our roster so far! Nice lineup of Marvel and DC characters, I really dig it.

I agree that we should really have more female characters. I personally would've had Storm over Cyclops in the round we just did (the MvC4 thread also took a really long time to add Storm. It's weird, it feels like Storm isn't really a creation thread favorite lol). I feel like the obvious answer to that would be to just....do a female character job.

Also yeah, decade jobs could be cool. I also like what the Marvel platform fighter thread did of having jobs based around specific parts of the universe - so, like, street-level characters or cosmic characters or supernatural characters.....

In general, a lot of fun stuff we could do. I agree also that doing Spider-Man and Batman jobs feels pretty obvious if we keep doing jobs based around specific characters or teams.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Agree with pretty much everything people are saying. I think we probably should have gone with an x-man instead of Cyclops as well (that might just be because how I kinda dislike him as a character tho lol)

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
personally would've had Storm over Cyclops in the round we just did (the MvC4 thread also took a really long time to add Storm. It's weird, it feels like Storm isn't really a creation thread favorite lol).
Ngl I kinda dont like her but is mostly because how busted she was in MvC2, kinda un fair but yeah maybe it would be a good idea include her eventually.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
My original plans went something like:

-two characters who weren't in MvC/Injustice (4)
-two cosmic characters for each side (8)
-two magic characters for each side (12)
-two characters who were in MvC/Injustice (to give those characters another chance) (16)
-two characters for each side who were introduced after the year 2000 (20)
-two characters for each side where you feel like they need to be in here (24)

However, I might bump down some of the plans to one character per side; the problem is that there are so many options, but so few chances to actually incorporate everything. (I was planning to replace one of these with a women round as a "nuclear option", as it were - I was hoping that more women would be added organically/naturally, but if it became clear that it wasn't going to happen, I had it as a back-up)

When it comes to Batman, I'm torn - on one hand, I don't want to overdo the amount of Batman characters (I know that Injustice originally faced criticism when a large chunk of its roster consisted of Batman characters, and four of the twelve current DC characters are Batman characters), but on the other hand, there are so many options - Catwoman, Poison Ivy, Bane, Scarecrow, Ra's al Ghul, one of the Robins or Batgirls, Clayface, Mister Freeze, the Riddler... (okay, maybe not that last one)

Likewise, I do feel like a Spider-Man villain job could be fun. It would likely come down to Green Goblin, Doc Ock, or Venom, but I feel like a character like Mysterio or Sandman has a ton of potential.

As for Watchmen, I'd say that it counts; we know that it exists somewhere within DC's multiverse:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
What could be the Marvel counterpart of Watchmen btw.
Hard to say - there's the Squadron Supreme or Ultimate Marvel, but I'm not sure if either of those have had the impact that Watchmen has. (depends on what you mean by it being the counterpart of Watchmen - Squadron Supreme came out around the same time and presented a darker take on superheroes, though not to the same extent as Watchmen, while Ultimate Marvel presented a grittier, more "realistic" take that shaped Marvel going forward like how something like Watchmen and the Dark Knight Returns shaped DC.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I think a round to add a more obscure or weird character would be fun. Marvel fighting games are no stranger to this, Shuma-Gorath had only had a handful of appearances before being added to MVC2 and is a defining character of the series. I'm not as familliar with DC, but I bet they would appriciate a deep cut as well. Or maybe not an obscure character, but a "normal" character? I think playing as Alfred or Mary Jane would either be hilarious or really cool.

What could be the Marvel counterpart of Watchmen btw.
This isn't quite the same situation, but I think Miracleman is the closest analogue in Marvel's catalog. It's a darker parody of the superhero formula, not part of the wider universe (yet), and it even uses an obscure golden age character as the main character (as was the original plan for Watchmen). The big difference is that Miracleman was bought by Marvel after decades of publication (and many prior owners), while Watchmen was all DC. Even with that in mind, I don't think there's really a better canidate,

D

Deleted member

My original plans went something like:

-two characters who weren't in MvC/Injustice (4)
-two cosmic characters for each side (8)
-two magic characters for each side (12)
-two characters who were in MvC/Injustice (to give those characters another chance) (16)
-two characters for each side who were introduced after the year 2000 (20)
-two characters for each side where you feel like they need to be in here (24)

However, I might bump down some of the plans to one character per side; the problem is that there are so many options, but so few chances to actually incorporate everything. (I was planning to replace one of these with a women round as a "nuclear option", as it were - I was hoping that more women would be added organically/naturally, but if it became clear that it wasn't going to happen, I had it as a back-up)

When it comes to Batman, I'm torn - on one hand, I don't want to overdo the amount of Batman characters (I know that Injustice originally faced criticism when a large chunk of its roster consisted of Batman characters, and four of the twelve current DC characters are Batman characters), but on the other hand, there are so many options - Catwoman, Poison Ivy, Bane, Scarecrow, Ra's al Ghul, one of the Robins or Batgirls, Clayface, Mister Freeze, the Riddler... (okay, maybe not that last one)

Likewise, I do feel like a Spider-Man villain job could be fun. It would likely come down to Green Goblin, Doc Ock, or Venom, but I feel like a character like Mysterio or Sandman has a ton of potential.

As for Watchmen, I'd say that it counts; we know that it exists somewhere within DC's multiverse:

Honestly this is a pretty good line up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer 's Batman costumes win the poll! It's an interesting line-up - I'm not familiar with which storylines the Hellbat or Suit Of Sorrows outfits are from, so I'll have to look into those. (glad that we got Red Son Batman in there - the Bat Hat/ushanka is great)

As well, the "both" option won the poll, so both of the bonus stages will be included! (I'm thinking something like "3 random fights --> car smash --> three random fights --> horde battle --> random fight --> rival battle --> Thanoseid")

Job 33: submit trading cards

Submit up to 10 trading cards; any of them will be accepted, within reason. You can include descriptions if you want to, similar to what was posted earlier:

They can be for any Marvel or DC comic character, though for simplicity's sake, no licensed content or things like Star Wars or Looney Tunes where they're owned by the same company and Marvel/DC publishes those comics. I'm willing to allow real people within reason; obviously, I don't want to overdo it, but the occasional real world figure like Stan Lee or Jack Kirby couldn't hurt, especially if they've appeared in comics before. (Lee and Kirby were held hostage by Doctor Doom - it's Marvel canon!)

I figure the current roster and Thanoseid would be included by default, though if you want to submit descriptions for them, feel free! You can do any mix of characters, whether it's five Marvel and five DC, ten Marvel, ten DC, or anything in between. (I'll save my cards for later - I want to type up descriptions)

Job 34: Story Mode premise

I'm not sure if it would be too early to discuss a possible Story Mode premise, but we can bring up ideas and see what people think. My main concern is that I don't want to run into the awkwardness of Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite where characters who play a major role in the story mode like Sigma don't make it into the base game's roster and have to be saved for DLC, but we'll see how it goes. (plus, it's not like this is actually going to become a game, or at least not one of this scope)

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Trading Cards:
  • Morbius(Marvel)
  • Iron Monger(Marvel)
  • Damien Darhk(DC)
  • Apocalypse(Marvel)
  • Bob the Hydra Agent(Marvel)
  • Ragdoll(DC)
  • Vibe(DC)
  • Korg(Marvel)
  • The Penguin(DC)
  • Parallax(DC)

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
  • Ant-Man (Scott Lang)
  • Gambit (Remy Etienne LeBeau)
  • Magik (Illyana Nikolaievna Rasputina)
  • Venom (Eddie Brock)
  • Carnage (Cletus Cassady)
  • Pariah (Kell Mosah)
  • Green Arrow (Oliver Queen)
  • Red Tornado
  • Deathstroke (Slade Wilson)
  • Ra's Al Ghul

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Trading Cards:
  • Doctor Doom (Marvel)
    • "The unquestioned lord of Latveria, Victor von Doom's knowledge of science and sorcery is matched only by his ego and thirst for power. Born into poverty, Doom lost both of his parents at a young age. As a young man, he travelled to America to further his studies, where he met Reed Richards. A laboratory accident resulted in Doom being scarred and expelled, which he blames Reed for. Since then, he's had two main goals: conquering the world and proving his superiority over Reed Richards and the rest of the Fantastic Four."
  • Ant-Man (Hank Pym) (Marvel)
    • "Whether he's going by Ant-Man, Giant-Man, Yellowjacket, Goliath, the Wasp, or simply Doctor Pym, Hank Pym is a brilliant but highly troubled man. After developing a shrinking formula using a subatomic particle that he called Pym Particles, Hank took on a costumed identity, eventually finding love and forming the superhero team known as the Avengers. However, his life since then has been a series of highs and extreme lows - his marriage fell apart, he created an artificial intelligence known as Ultron that immediately turned genocidal, but he also founded the Avengers Academy to help set the younger generation on the right path."
  • The Wasp (Janet van Dyne) (Marvel)
    • "Janet van Dyne might have seemed like a flighty socialite to many, but there were strong convictions beneath that silly exterior. Wanting to avenge her father's murder, she became Ant-Man's partner the Wasp. Founding and naming the Avengers, Janet eventually rose to being one of its most prominent members, having a leadership role that's second only to Captain America himself."
  • J. Jonah Jameson (Marvel)
    • "Bad-tempered, bossy, and bitter are three phrases that one might use to describe J. Jonah Jameson (as long as he's not within earshot). The publisher of the Daily Bugle, Jameson despises masked vigilantes, with Spider-Man in particular being his favourite target. Demanding pictures of Spider-Man so they can accompany his articles, which would often qualify as libel if Spider-Man's identity was actually known, Jameson hired Peter Parker, who was (unknown to him) the secret identity of Spider-Man. Oddly enough, Jameson is tolerant towards many superheroes, including mutants despite the widespread bigotry against them - he just has a huge Spider-Man-sized blind spot."
  • She-Hulk (Jennifer Walters) (Marvel)
    • "After being shot while working on a case, lawyer Jennifer Walters was saved thanks to an emergency blood transfusion from her cousin, Bruce Banner. The gamma radiation in Bruce's blood caused her to become the Sensational She-Hulk! The transformation gives her a major boost in confidence, so she's a lot more fun to be around than her cousin is when he's Hulked out. She also insists that her life is a comic book and that she can talk to the people who are reading, writing, or drawing it, though she doesn't do that as often now - she wouldn't want people to think that she's crazy!"
---
  • Two-Face (DC)
    • "Attorney Harvey Dent was one of Batman's most effective allies in his war on organized crime, even if the two were at odds due to Batman working outside of the law. However, being horribly scarred during a criminal trial, coupled with deep-seated issues from his father's abuse, caused Dent's personality to split into two. Now known as the criminal mastermind Two-Face, Harvey makes all of his decisions with the flip of a two-headed coin, leaving all of his actions up to chance."
  • The Riddler (DC)
    • "Riddle me this: what's black and green and a consistent problem in Gotham City? After cheating carnival-goers out of money with his puzzles lost its thrill, Edward Nigma decided to dress up in green spandex and call himself the Riddler so he could outsmart the police and Batman. He seeks to prove that he's smarter than Batman, and will stop at nothing to accomplish that goal, no matter how many people die in the process."
  • Mister Miracle (DC)
    • "In order to maintain a peace treaty between New Genesis and Apokolips, the rulers of the two planets sent one of their children to live with the other one. This meant that Scott Free was sent to the fire pits of Apokolips, becoming the universe's greatest escape artist in his bids for freedom. He found love with one of Darkseid's Female Furies, Big Barda, and they made their way to Earth for a time. Symbolizing the freedom to Darkseid's obsessive control, Mister Miracle is the antithesis of the ruler of Apokolips."
  • Jimmy Olsen (DC)
    • "Superman's pal, James Bartholomew Jimberly "Jimmy" Olsen is a photographer for the Daily Planet. He's a good friend to the Man of Steel, and possesses a signal watch which he can use to call Superman for help, which he needs surprisingly often. To say that he's lived an eventful life is an understatement - he's gained super intelligence, switched bodies with a gorilla, turned into a werewolf on multiple occasions, became a Beatle in the year 1000 BC, and that's just for starters!"
  • Amanda Waller (DC)
    • "Also known as the Wall, Amanda Waller is a ruthless high-ranking government official who refuses to budge or be intimidated, despite lacking superpowers. Overseeing Task Force X, a.k.a. the Suicide Squad, Waller uses, manipulates, and threatens various supervillains into carrying out missions for the US government, even if it costs them their lives."

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
It's worth noting that you don't have to make descriptions; you can just stick with a list of characters. (I just like writing stuff like this; it doesn't mean that everyone has to)

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Trading Cards:
  • Doctor Doom(Marvel)
    • "The unquestioned lord of Latveria, Victor von Doom's knowledge of science and sorcery is matched only by his ego and thirst for power. Born into poverty, Doom lost both of his parents at a young age. As a young man, he travelled to America to further his studies, where he met Reed Richards. A laboratory accident resulted in Doom being scarred and expelled, which he blames Reed for. Since then, he has two main goals: conquering the world and proving his superiority over Reed Richards and the rest of the Fantastic Four."
  • Ant-Man (Hank Pym)(Marvel)
    • "Whether he's going by Ant-Man, Giant-Man, Yellowjacket, Goliath, the Wasp, or simply Doctor Pym, Hank Pym is a brilliant but highly troubled man. After developing a shrinking formula using a subatomic particle that he called Pym Particles, Hank took on a costumed identity, eventually finding love and forming the superhero team known as the Avengers. However, his life since then has been a series of highs and extreme lows - his marriage fell apart, he created an artificial intelligence known as Ultron that immediately turned genocidal, but he also founded the Avengers Academy to help set the younger generation on the right path."
  • The Wasp (Janet van Dyne)(Marvel)
    • "Janet van Dyne might have seemed like a flighty socialite to many, but there were strong convictions beneath that silly exterior. Wanting to avenge her father's murder, she became Ant-Man's partner the Wasp. Founding and naming the Avengers, Janet eventually rose to being one of its most prominent members, having a leadership role that's second only to Captain America himself."
  • J. Jonah Jameson (Marvel)
    • "Bad-tempered, bossy, and bitter are three phrases that one might use to describe J. Jonah Jameson (as long as he's not within earshot). The publisher of the Daily Bugle, Jameson despises masked vigilantes, with Spider-Man in particular being his favourite target. Demanding pictures of Spider-Man so they can accompany his articles, which would often qualify as libel if Spider-Man's identity was actually known, Jameson hired Peter Parker, who was (unknown to him) the secret identity of Spider-Man. Oddly enough, Jameson is tolerant towards many superheroes, including mutants despite the widespread bigotry against them - he just has a huge Spider-Man-sized blind spot."
  • She-Hulk (Jennifer Walters)(Marvel)
    • "After being shot while working on a case, lawyer Jennifer Walters was saved thanks to an emergency blood transfusion from her cousin, Bruce Banner. The gamma radiation in Bruce's blood caused her to become the Sensational She-Hulk! The transformation gives her a major boost in confidence, so she's a lot more fun to be around than her cousin is when he's Hulked out. She also insists that her life is a comic book and that she can talk to the people who are reading, writing, or drawing it, though she doesn't do that as often now - she wouldn't want people to think that she's crazy!"
---
  • Two-Face (DC)
    • "Attorney Harvey Dent was one of Batman's most effective allies in his war on organized crime, even if the two were at odds due to Batman working outside of the law. However, being horribly scarred during a criminal trial, coupled with deep-seated issues from his father's abuse, caused Dent's personality to split into two. Now known as the criminal mastermind Two-Face, Harvey makes all of his decisions with the flip of a two-headed coin, leaving all of his actions up to chance."
  • The Riddler (DC)
    • "Riddle me this: what's black and green and a consistent problem in Gotham City? After cheating carnival-goers out of money with his puzzles lost its thrill, Edward Nigma decided to dress up in green spandex and call himself the Riddler so he could outsmart the police and Batman. He seeks to prove that he's smarter than Batman, and will stop at nothing to accomplish that goal, no matter how many people die in the process."
  • Mister Miracle (DC)
    • "In order to maintain a peace treaty between New Genesis and Apokolips, the rulers of the two planets sent one of their children to live with the other one. This meant that Scott Free was sent to the fire pits of Apokolips, becoming the universe's greatest escape artist in his bids for freedom. He found love with one of Darkseid's Female Furies, Big Barda, and they made their way to Earth for a time. Symbolizing the freedom to Darkseid's obsessive control, Mister Miracle is the antithesis of the ruler of Apokolips."
  • Jimmy Olsen (DC)
    • "Superman's pal, James Bartholomew Jimberly "Jimmy" Olsen is a photographer for the Daily Planet. He's a good friend to the Man of Steel, and possesses a signal watch which he can use to call Superman for help, which he needs surprisingly often. To say that he's lived an eventful life is an understatement - he's gained super intelligence, switched bodies with a gorilla, turned into a werewolf on multiple occasions, became a Beatle in the year 1000 BC, and that's just for starters!"
  • Amanda Waller (DC)
    • "Also known as the Wall, Amanda Waller is a ruthless high-ranking government official who refuses to budge or be intimidated, despite lacking superpowers. Overseeing Task Force X, a.k.a. the Suicide Squad, Waller uses, manipulates, and threatens various supervillains into carrying out missions for the US government, even if it costs them their lives."
I actually have an answer for why J. Jonah Jameson hates Spiderman the most

His mistrust for heroes is due to the fact that his father was a war hero who beated him leading him to believe that heroes don't always live up to expectations(though for why he likes the X-Men more than Spiderman is that his hero prejudice is more leaning towards heroes who wear masks which the X-Men don't do)

Top Bottom