• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DBR Presents: GENESIS 2 :: ROUND 1 SINGLES POOLS ARE UP - GENESISDBR.COM

Status
Not open for further replies.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Lol Kage. Well played.

Also Fuzzy. We can spar with me not going 100% ready to destroy haha.
A good friend of mine used to never spar. It took him only a few days of training with me and now he spars like a champ.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
It's ok to be scared.. but true warriors face their fears and keep going no matter what!
Clearly someone had some warrior booster in their drink this morning ;]
I'll have to eat my Wheeties at this then if I hope to keep up with the relentless warrior known on the battlefield as Kage. Even if I have superior strength and skill, there is no way I can match his heart. And often that is all you need to be victorious in your struggles.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
m-...masaka!
Lol, actually believing someone else's words.. Believe in yourself! Falcon's knee will reach!

I'll have to eat my Wheeties at this then if I hope to keep up with the relentless warrior known on the battlefield as Kage. Even if I have superior strength and skill, there is no way I can match his heart. And often that is all you need to be victorious in your struggles.
Hm.. maybe but I still need at least SOME skills if I want to be able to fight properly. =P

tw1n

Smash Champion
Lol we can train you too if you want bro :D

I also have a sparring set vs Aniolas. Should be fun :D

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I'm sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for a cheap flight that travels in July. so far it only goes to May

Browny

Smash Hater
Whats a good airline to use between san fran and vegas

I see southwest airlines and american airlines and thats all I know of. Price isnt a major concern to me, reliability is. (I dont quite know what to make of $89 fares with SW lol)

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Last year you guys had several airports and how to get to the hotel from them listed, was easy. Going to do that again?

Browny

Smash Hater
lol @ how hard people slam the ramada inn in reviews on trip advisor etc.

def gonna reserve another hotel in main san fran city area for the the monday-thursday after the tournament. Anyone wanna share? :p

davriver209

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, where can I find the updated information? Is it too late to join? I can't find the updated info in this 160+ page thread, lol.

Help is appreciated, thanks guys :)

pockyD

Smash Legend
I don't see it in the first post...
Local Transportation:

In the Bay Area we have an awesome public transportation system. If you are flying into San Francisco or Oakland you have an option of taking a BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit) train directly from the airport, straight to Antioch. The BART station in Pittsburg (neighboring city to Anitoch) will have shuttle service from the station to the hotel. We also have set up specific taxi's to service only smashers, at a discounted price.
tententen.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
What the fu...I'm blind.

Browny

Smash Hater
The BART station in Pittsburg (neighboring city to Anitoch) will have shuttle service from the station to the hotel. We also have set up specific taxi's to service only smashers, at a discounted price.
Are there more specific details on this? Is this shuttle service a genesis-specific thing or what? Does it operate the entire week before genesis, do the taxis only offer cheap rates from pittsburg -> antioch or does it apply to other travel we may want to take etc. This isnt directed at you specifically PockyD btw, just asking in general.

also, my sig is now relevant :)

davriver209

Smash Rookie
So nothing new? I live near the bay area, so getting there won't be a problem. I just want to know how to register and stuff. Is registration usually pricey or what?

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
Between the thread, last year's Genesis, and everyones' hype, I really want to come. :)

Prepare the King Suite for your maker, ruler, and superior force.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
as I said before

if you cool

and you drink

or can tolerate drinkers.

come find me....its gonna be a bro-fest wherever I go...lol

tw1n

Smash Champion
Lol I was wondering the same thing.

Also mad hype still for this. We are arriving Wednesday and leaving Monday.

Valiant

Smash Rookie
Is EVERYONE accepted into the National Tournament? Or is it only certain players can participate? Please consider my comment, i would like to go

The GERM

Smash Ace
Genesis 2 Updates, Info & Fundraiser!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBQNS4s6H5k

Just a a few updates and stuff for Genesis 2, We thought it'd be better to just make a video to address a few things and answer some questions that have been flying around. If you want to skip to specific sections of the video, here are the times:

0:14 - Housing
1:00 – Hotel Rates
1:48 – Dining
2:25 – Pre Registration/Entry Fees
3:53 – Genesis T-Shirts
4:46 – Spectator Fees
5:04 – Payouts/Trophies
6:05 – Pound Tragedy/Hotel Situation & Info
10:25 – FUNDRAISER & “P5-ERA”!!

Fundraiser:
http://funds.gofundme.com/2bwc4?r=19733

Status